Search the best hotels in Bolivia
Best Hotels in Bolivia
Where the snow-capped Andes meet the sweltering Amazon rainforest, Bolivia combines breathtaking scenery with a rich cultural heritage. A country of contrasts, Bolivia is home to a cultural mix of Amerindian, Spanish and African groups, helping to create a vibrant backdrop of parades, music and traditional art. The best places to stay in Bolivia promise a choice of cosy self-catering cottages, country houses and urban retreats.
Bolivia can rightfully boast to have some of the world’s most beautiful landscapes. From salt flats to the towering Andes, from vivid tropical jungles to rolling hills carpeted with rainforest, the country is remarkable for its geographical diversity. Start by visiting the Salt Flats, the world’s largest salt lake. Try your hand at ‘shadow art’ photography, using cacti and llamas as props, or lose yourself in the infinite horizon. There are several jaw-dropping viewpoints that are worthy of everyone's bucket list: for example Mirador, The Antechamber of Heaven, and Faro de Conchupata, a platform with a glass globe illuminated at night.
Parque Nacional Madidi, one of the largest national parks in the world, has 8,000 documented species of vascular plants, as well as 1,254 bird species and many fish. The park can be enjoyed responsibly by joining one of the many ecotourism tours on offer. Other highlights include the Plaza de las Banderas Uyuni, the Monument Dakar Rally Bolivia, the Train Graveyard, and Salar de Uyuni's islands of exotic cacti and pink flamingos.
In short, Bolivia is a great destination for outdoors enthusiasts and lovers of big skies and wide open landscapes.
The Best Places to Stay in Bolivia
La Paz - the capital
- Stannum Boutique Hotel & Spa: offering chic and minimalist rooms adorned with crisp metallic colour schemes, with spellbinding views of the city, and a pampering spa. Ideal for young couples.
- Atix Hotel: sleek and modern, boasting fantastic views over the city, offering beautifully-designed minimalist suites. Enjoy a drink at the trendy bar, fine-dine at the gourmet restaurant or take a dip in the pool. Cosmopolitan luxury at its finest.
- Casa Grande: a gorgeous hotel on the outskirts of the city, offering stylish and chic-modern rooms, an atmospheric cocktail bar, gourmet restaurant and a pampering spa. Perfect for couples looking for relaxation and intimacy.
- Casa de Piedra: chic accommodation, right in the heart of the city. The traditional colonial-era property has been beautifully renovated perfectly mixing the old and new.
- Hotel Rosario La Paz: a charming guesthouse located in a colonial-era property in the centre of La Paz. Featuring warm and inviting rooms and superb traditional cuisine.
Sucre - for colonial heritage
- Samary Boutique Hotel is a charming establishment in the centre of Sucre. The bedrooms are characterful, featuring antique decor and colour schemes that reflect the city's annual festival. The perfect launchpad for exploring the city.
- Hotel de Su Merced is a family-run hotel located in an 18th-century property. Rooms are traditionally dressed and feature antiques and family heirlooms, as well as breathtaking views of the city. Enjoy breakfast on the sunny hotel roof terrace before sightseeing; a warm, inviting hotel.
- Parador Santa Maria La Real is a colonial-style hotel is located in an 18th-century property. Rooms are individually designed, featuring plush bedspreads and 19th-century antiques; book the superior master suite for luxurious living space and private jacuzzi. Eat in the cavernous dining room; a unique hotel.
Uyuni - for the salt flats
- Palacio de Sal is a masterpiece of local salt. Well-appointed rooms have beautifully domed ceilings and there’s an excellent restaurant serving local dishes – not to mention a magical spa. Unwind with an atmospheric massage, before plunging into the pool to soak up seriously stellar views across the salt flats.
- Kachi Lodge boasts six superb pods right on the salt flats, for the ultimate luxury glamping experience. Think toasty wood-burning stoves, big cosy beds, fantastic food and panoramic perspectives across the striking landscape. There’s a big focus on sustainability and partnerships with the local community. Wonderfully private and romantic.
Santa Cruz de la Sierra - Bolivia's largest city
- Los Tajibos is a five-star luxury hotel is located in the business centre of Santa Cruz. Rooms have bright, modern interiors and comfortable, high-quality beds; book the presidential suite for separate living space and a private balcony. Relax in the hotel gardens or by the pool; a stylish getaway.
- Inboccalupo is a boutique hotel offering stylish accommodation. Rooms are individually designed, featuring a blend of local artisanal pieces and modern artworks; the best suites offer split-level living space and a terrace. Relax by the pool before dinner at the pizzeria; a chic city stay.
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of villas and apartments in the nearby area.
- The best time to visit Bolivia is between March and April when the temperature ranges between 6 and 18 degrees; during the summer months, the temperature reaches as low as -1 degree, and there is heavy rainfall.
- Fly to El Alto International Airport, 8 miles from La Paz, and get a shuttle bus to the city centre.
- If you want to rent a car we recommend contacting our partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Browse through all of our recommendations of the best places to stay in Bolivia.
- Or contact one of our Gurus for advice.
Stannum Boutique Hotel & Spa La Paz (Torre Multicine) 40 rooms from £80Great walks - Beautiful walking through the nearby Botanic Gardens.Sights nearby - Visit the nearby Metropolitan Cathedral La Paz.Local markets - Explore the bustling La Paz street markets.Views - Great views from hotel
Stylish, contemporary hotel overlooking the city of La Paz. The aesthetic is definitively chic with minimalist rooms and crisp, metallic colour schemes. Its standout feature is the staggering views out over the city. Its location and business centre make it a good option for conference use. See More
Hotel Rosario La Paz La Paz City Centre 41 rooms from £69City Style - Sitting in a heritage property with a traditional interior courtyard, this hotel has lots of local charm and styleFoodies - Foodies will love the hotel's fusion restaurant, featuring a blend of local and international dishesLocal exploring - With a central location in La Paz, this hotel makes a great base for local exploringLocal markets - Visit the renowned Mercado de Las Brujas or 'Witches Market', a popular market for alternative remedies
This charming guesthouse is located in a colonial-era property in the centre of La Paz, Bolivia. The warm and inviting rooms feature local handicrafts and traditional furnishing, as well as comfortable double or queen-size beds. Sample Bolivian cuisine in the hotel restaurant; a welcoming city stay. See More
Samary Boutique Hotel Sucre 18 rooms from £43Local exploring - Perfect for exploring the historic city of Sucre.Sights nearby - Explore Sucre's stunning historic centre which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.Local markets - Explore the bustling market streets of central Sucre.Views - Great views from hotel
Alive with colour and vibrancy, Samary Boutique Hotel is a charming establishment in the centre of Sucre. The bedrooms are characterful, featuring antique decor and colour schemes that reflect the city's annual festival. The perfect launchpad for exploring the UNESCO city of Sucre. See More
Hotel de Su Merced Sucre 23 rooms from £47Honeymoons - Book the hotel's honeymoon package for a luxurious romantic getaway with all the logistics taken care ofCity Style - Located in a family-owned, heritage property in Sucre, this hotel has lots of local styleLocal exploring - Set in the heart of Sucre, this hotel is a great base for local exploring in SucreSights nearby - Visit the Sucre Cathedral, a stone's throw from the hotel; the cathedral is renowned for its eclectic architectural style
This charming, family-run hotel is located in an 18th-century property in Sucre, Bolivia. Rooms are traditionally dressed and feature antiques and family heirlooms, as well as breathtaking views of the city. Enjoy breakfast on the sunny hotel roof terrace before sightseeing; a warm, inviting hotel. See More
Palacio de Sal Uyuni 42 rooms from £667Foodies - Foodies will delight in the hotel's traditional Bolivian restaurant, where guests can sample local delicacies like llamaLocal exploring - This hotel is in a great spot for local exploring in Colchani, with privileged access to the Salar de UyuniBack to Nature - Located on the banks of breathtaking salt flats, this hotel makes for a unique retreat to natureLocal markets - Pick up souvenirs from the local market in Colchani, which specialises in handicrafts made from salt found on the flats
This unique hotel is located on the banks of the magnificent Salar de Uyuni salt flats in Bolivia. Constructed from local salt, the igloo rooms feature beautiful, convex ceilings and plush linens; book a suite for luxurious extra living space. Don't miss the holistic concept spa; a magical retreat. See More
Kachi Lodge Uyuni (Salar de Tunupa) 6 rooms from £2010Active Holiday - With excellent activities available close to the lodge, from hiking to mountain biking, this makes for a great active breakFoodies - Foodies will be blown away by the lodge's fine dining restaurant Gustu, renowned as one of the best restaurants in BoliviaBack to Nature - The lodge's spectacular location on the Bolivian salt flats makes it a unique retreat to natureSights nearby - Drive out to the archeological site of Alcaya, where you will find the ruins of a preserved, pre-Columbian city
This hotel offers unique accommodation in self-contained 'domes' on the Uyuni Salt Flats in Bolivia. Each dome contains a comfortable bed, cosy fireplace and private bathroom; the sides of the dome are transparent, providing spectacular views. Don't miss the gourmet restaurant; a spectacular hotel. See More
Inboccalupo Santa Cruz de la Sierra (Equipetrol) 20 rooms from £103Local exploring - Nestled in a tranquil corner of the city within reach of the main sights, this hotel is a great base for local exploringCity Style - With chic interiors that blend modern design with local culture, this hotel is contemporary and stylishRomantic Break - Book a luxury suite with a private terrace for added indulgence on your next romantic getawayGreat walks - Explore Santa Cruz on foot and discover the historic centre; don't miss the pretty Parque Arenal which boasts a lagoon
This boutique hotel offers stylish accommodation in Santa Cruz, Bolivia. Rooms are individually designed, featuring a blend of local artisanal pieces and modern artworks; the best suites offer split-level living space and a terrace. Relax by the pool before dinner at the pizzeria; a chic city stay. See More
Los Tajibos Santa Cruz de la Sierra 207 rooms from £109Total relaxation - With restaurants, a spa and pool all on-site, this hotel has everything covered so you can experience total relaxationRomantic Break - Couples love this hotel's great facilities and cosy rooms; choose from one of three restaurants for a romantic dinnerFamilies - With family suites available and a pool on-site, this hotel is great if you are travelling with childrenGreat walks - Explore the area on a long walk; don't miss the city's great parks like Parque Arenal, a stone's throw from the hotel
This five-star luxury hotel is located in the business centre of Santa Cruz, Bolivia. Rooms have bright, modern interiors and comfortable, high-quality beds; book the presidential suite for separate living space and a private balcony. Relax in the hotel gardens or by the pool; a stylish getaway. See More
El Pueblito Resort Samaipata 12 rooms from £63Country Escape - Located in the foothills of the Bolivian Andes, the location of this resort makes for a beautiful retreat to the countryLocal exploring - Located in the heart of the traditional town Samaipata, this resort is a perfect base for local exploringFamilies - The self-contained suites are perfect for families travelling with childrenSights nearby - Visit El Fuerte de Samaipata a Pre-Columbian archaeological site and UNESCO World Heritage Site
This stylish boutique hotel is spread across a number of traditional buildings in Samaipata, Bolivia. Suites are named after different trades in a typical town, from the colourful florist suite to the family-friendly tavern. Unwind with a glass of wine by the charming outdoor pool; a unique getaway. See More