Search the best hotels in Bahia
When the Portuguese landed on this gorgeous stretch of coastline with its sunshine, white sandy beaches, coconut palms and bright blue water, they were pretty impressed. They chose a spectacular peninsula located between what they called 'All Saints Bay' and the Atlantic to be their main port and built Salvador de Bahia there.
So Salvador de Bahia was Brazil's first capital, and the ancient mix of cultures which gathered here - coming from Europe, Africa and the Americas - still shows. Indeed, many of the best places to stay in Bahia can be found here and often reflect this cultural melée.
What To Expect
Salvador da Bahia is Brazil's most African influenced city - you taste it in the food, see it in the traditions and hear it in the music. The city is often in festive spirit, with music and parties celebrating one thing or another spreading out onto the colonial streets with has wonderful 17th and 18th Century architecture.
Capoeira circles spring up in the main plazas and you may catch glimpses of mystical Candomble ceremonies - all reminders that this was the site of the New World's first slave market. It still remains one of the strongest cultural centres of African heritage outside of Africa. Try the food, visit the markets, and go out on the water to see the real beauty of All Saints Bay.
Porto Seguro is where the Portuguese first landed and it is the colourful history of this town, along with its reputation for fun, that draws many visitors here. The small historic centre is where you'll find all the old colonial houses.
If you're looking for a quieter stretch along this bit of coast, Arraial d'Ajuda is probably more your style. This beautiful little village was once a holiday spot for the wealthy. It has tropical greenery, large colourful plazas with open air restaurants and gorgeous views of the lovely coastline.
Trancoso, located below Arraial d'Ajuda, is a smaller and slightly hipper version and contains many of the best places to stay in Bahia. The views are just as magnificent, the open-air restaurants and bars are just as appealing, the churches and guesthouses just as picturesque - but it all feels a bit more rustic.
What Not to Miss
- Firstly, there's the near perfect weather and near perfect beaches along the 'Coconut Coast'. There are plenty of remote resorts you can stay in if these are your main reasons for visiting.
- The Chapada Diamantina National Park, 375,000 acres of tropical forest covering mountains and concealing waterfalls, natural swimming pools and caves. There's even a waterfall so high (380m) that the water never actually hits the ground - it vaporises by the wind. You can camp in the park but there are also plenty of more luxurious accommodation options.
- In the right seasons important whale watching and sea turtle preservation goes on - these can be truly astonishing natural events.
- If you are into museums then head to the Santonio da Barra Fort for the nautical exhibitions or the MAM Museu de Arte Moderna.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Bahia are an eclectic mix of rustic chic guesthouses, city living, beachside glamour and all out luxury. As with all our recommendations, if you're planning to visit during peak season then book well ahead to ensure a room in one of the best places to stay in Bahia!
The Best Places to Stay in Bahia
- Hotel Cocoon & Lounge is one of the best places to stay in Bahia if you want to be close to one of Salvador's top beaches. A funky, spaceship-like hotel building - it is very 60s, in a futuristic, cool way. Spare design and very reasonable prices also make this a good option if you're travelling with family or in a group.
- Casa do Amarelindo is great for a city break in Bahia. Situated in the bustling heart of the pretty Pelourinho district the roof terrace with fantastic views is a peaceful spot, perfect for relaxation. Just ten rooms, with no guests under 14 accepted, this is a grown up, intimate hotel.
- Convento do Carmo offers old world elegance. A convent conversion, now a sumptuous, colonial-style hotel. The gourmet restaurant means this is probably one of the best places to stay in Bahia for foodies.
- Villa Bahia is a delightfully charming stay, with elegant accommodation featuring antiques and plenty of colour. Plus, it's wonderfully situated to see all that Salvador has to offer.
- The intimate 3-room Solar do Carmo, set in a colonial house, boasts boutique and chic accommodation at decent value.
- The baroque Aram Yami hotel offers comfortable accommodation with colourful wallpapers. You'll love the infinity pool with splendid views over Todos Os Santos Bay.
- Located down the coast from Salvador, Tivoli Praia Do Forte Ecoresort is a wonderfully relaxing spot. Featuring simple yet chic rooms, no less than eight swimming pools, a spoiling spa and a kids club. Perfect for the whole family.
- Hidden in tropical surroundings, the stylish 5-room Casa de Pera'Inda provides tasteful rooms and a picturesque pool. Ideal for romantic breaks.
Porto Seguro, Arraial d'Ajuda & Trancoso
- Uxua Casa Hotel in Trancoso is superb if you are planning a luxurious beach break. Boasting ten 'cases', or wooded villa huts, surrounded by a luscious, shady garden and offering plenty of privacy. There is a lovely pool and it is just a few minutes away from the beach.
- Etnia Pousada and Boutique in Trancoso has eight rustic bungalows just a few minutes walk from the beach. Individually styled, a bit more boutique than the Uxua's casas.
- Fazenda São Francisco do Corumbau is one of the best places to stay in Bahia for whale watching. Featuring a private stretch of quiet beach with excellent amenities for scuba diving, snorkelling, fishing and other water sports. Just ten private bungalows, scattered amongst the palm trees, very family friendly.
- Casa do Dean is a splendid hideaway - this Robinson Crusoe-esque villa is set amidst luscious surroundings with the beach just a short distance away. The accommodation is chic, crisp and simple, whilst there's also a pool if you don't fancy swimming in the sea. Ideal for families and groups.
- Maitei Hotel is lovely and boasts comfortable, smart rooms as well as a truly excellent restaurant. Gorgeous views and plenty of activities on offer locally.
- Villas de Trancoso is the ideal place if you're looking for a beach break. Offering smart, beach-chic Cabana style suites, you can unwind in the infinity pool or play a round of golf before tucking into splendid seafood meals at the restaurant.
- Bahia Bonita is a wonderfully romantic property, offering luxurious beach cabanas with four posters and wooden floors. Spend your days on the lovely private beach before checking out the many local restaurants.
- The boutique Hosperia do Quadrado is an excellent value stay - the rooms start at just £53 per night. Offering pretty whitewashed rooms and with some featuring hammocks, you are just a short walk from the beach.
- Pousada Capim Santo is an eco-friendly hotel set amidst luscious tropical surroundings. With simple yet charming rooms in white. There is a hot tub and splendid breakfasts are served up each morning.
- Pousada Quarto Crescente is a charming property, boasting tasteful rooms in white with four posters. Rent bikes and kayaks from the hotel to explore the area on land or on sea!
Remote Spots on the Coconut Coast
- Txai Resort is for the Green conscious. Slightly undeveloped, this colourful place has just the right blend of rustic and comfort. 40 rooms and bungalows, perfect for a tropical escape. Right on the beach with plenty of resort style facilities.
- Fazenda da Lagoa is a more secluded eco-retreat with just fourteen cabanas for accommodation. Peace and quiet amongst the coconut groves, personalised spa treatments and a total pampering service. Ideal for relaxation.
- Campo Bahia is perfect for romantic getaways. Set right on the coast with private beach access, this 5* stay boasts fourteen luxurious villas and a lovely pool.
- Hotel Fazenda Cala E Divino is an idyllic 8-room place boasting individually decorated bungalows with lovely beach views. Tuck into splendid meals, a mix of Bahian and modern Brazilian cuisine and enjoy a massage in order to truly unwind.
- Canto Das Aguas is a rustic chic property nestled gloriously amidst the mountains. With a wonderful atmosphere and traditional rooms featuring plenty of wood, you'll love the gourmet regional cuisine on offer.
- Pousada Capitù features 14 colourful Afro-Brazilian beachfront cottages starting from just £41 a night. Located in a tranquil setting right on the beach, it's an idyllic getaway.
- Anima Hotel is a peaceful beachside retreat under the palm groves. Offering boutique beach huts on stilts, there is a splendid seafood restaurant and a lagoon-style pool.
Prefer An Apartment Or Villa?
If you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner Booking.com.
- While Bahia experiences warm weather year-round, with even July (the coldest month) averaging 25°C. There is a fair bit of rain from April to June so you may want to avoid coming at these times. December to March is the peak tourist season, so it's great for those wanting to get stuck into the vibrant nightlife but accommodation may be fairly pricey.
- There are two international airports in Bahia: Salvador Airport and Porto Seguro Airport. Unfortunately there are no direct flights from the UK so you'll require at least one changeover - with the usual journey time upwards of 13 hours.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay in Bahia for you?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Bahia.
- Widen the net and search through our recommendations along the coast in Rio de Janeiro or Sao Paulo.
- Or contact one of our friendly gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Bahia
Best Hotels in Bahia
Pousada do Boqueirao Salvador (48 - Santo Antônio Além do Carmo) 10 rooms from £32Great walks - Wander through the city taking in the colonial architecture or head along to the beach and stroll along the coastSights nearby - If you fancy a spot of sightseeing then go visit the São Marcelo Fort or the Rio Branco PalaceLocal markets - The Sao Joaquim market is South America's largest and definitely worth a visit!Views - Overlooking Todos Os Santos Bay.
This quiet guesthouse enjoys a great location in central Salvador and has quirky rooms with plenty of artwork on the walls. It boasts fantastic views overlooking Todos os Santos Bay and each morning take advantage of the superb buffet breakfast on offer! A no fuss and charming great value city spot. See More
Pousada Capitù Imbassaí, Bahia 15 rooms from £41Fishing - Relax and enjoy some fishing in the afternoon sun, take a picnicHideaway - Forget about all your worries at this tranquil and idyllic spotKayaking - Canoeing is available.Views - Great views from hotel
Pousada Capitù features 14 individual beachfront cottages in Afro-Brazilian style on the coast of Imbassai. Enjoy a gourmet breakfast in the tropical garden each morning before heading to the beach, relaxing by the pool or taking in the surrounding nature. A charming and low-key stay. See More
Biribandos Boutique Pousada Trancoso (Centro) 6 rooms from £37Local exploring - With a fantastic, central location in Trancoso, this hotel is the perfect starting point for local exploringRomantic Break - Couples love the quiet, relaxed atmosphere at this adults-only, small boutique hotelCity Style - With boutique, rustic interiors, this hotel has lots of local Bahian styleSights nearby - Visit the historic Quadrado Square, where the original houses from the first Jesuit settlement in Bahia still stand
This boutique pousada is located in central Trancoso, a stone's throw from the historic Quadrado Square. Guestrooms feature stylish interiors in an earthy palette with natural accents and a private balcony. Eat breakfast on the terrace or have a night-cap at the cosy bar; an inviting boutique hotel. See More
Hotel Canto Das Aguas Bahia 44 rooms from £52Value chicKids Club - Fully staffed.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorLocal markets - Good for local colour.
Hosperia Do Quadrado Trancoso from £54Value chic - A small stylish property just a short walk from the beach and all at a very reasonable price.Sailing - The hotel can help arrange sailing expeditions.Surfing - Rise early and head out to catch some waves.Restrictions on children - Children over 10yrs old available.
Santa Clara Bahia 12 rooms from £70Value chicBeach LifeSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorSailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - I Escape, CN Traveller
Hotel Cocoon & Lounge Salvador 27 rooms from £65Contemporary - Highly modern 'space-ship' structure.Spa - In-room treatments can be arranged.Surfing - And kite-surfing.Swimming Pool - Rooftop PoolRecommended by - I Escape, Tablet
Pousada Quarto Crescente Trancoso 24 rooms from £80Diving - If snorkelling's not enough for you then there's ample opportunity in Trancoso to go scuba divingSurfing - Great weather and excellent waves make this a superb surfing spotGreat walks - There are plenty of great hiking trails all around all the areaRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
This family-run guest house is located 6 minutes away from the beach in Trancoso. It offers extremely spacious, well-lit rooms and boasts an outdoor pool. Enjoy a large buffet breakfast each morning with fresh fruits from the garden before heading to the beach. A charming, friendly and stylish spot! See More
Vila Barracuda Bahia 9 rooms from £80Great walks - There are wonderful hiking trails dotted around Itacré for you to exploreSurfing - The hotel offers surf classes and also provides surf tripsSights nearby - Boat trip up the river, mangrove and waterfall.Full of character
Vila Baracuda is located on Itacaré's beachfront and features charming, colourful décor with plenty of wooden features. Relax by the pool or on the beach during the day, eating at the restaurant (an open kitchen concept serving delicious food) is a must! A chic and friendly haven. See More
Pousada Seis e Meia Trancoso 14 rooms from £63Families - With family suites available that can accommodate children, this hotel is great for parents travelling with the familyCity Style - With minimalist interiors featuring natural accents, this hotel has lots of local Trancoso styleLocal exploring - Boasting a central Trancoso location, this hotel is a good starting point for local exploringSights nearby - Stroll down to Quadrado Square, the historic centre of Trancoso lined by colourful houses
This chic pousada is located in central Trancoso, Bahia. Guestrooms feature comfortable beds, crisp, white linens and natural accents, plus a private patio; book a family room to accommodate children. Unwind by the outdoor pool, on the terrace or wander the verdant gardens; a charming, cosy pousada. See More
Anima Hotel Morro de Sao Paulo from £89Beach LifePrivate Hot TubSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorOn the beach - In front of the hotel.Recommended by - I Escape
A hidden paradise under the palm groves. A collection of beach huts on stilts with charming boutique interiors and balconies. Excellent seafood restaurant, lagoon-style pool, and just set back from the beach. Excellent value, family friendly, perfect for a laid back beach break. See More
Soleluna Casa Pousada Trancoso, Bahia 9 rooms from £78Local exploring - The hotel has a fantastic, central location in Trancoso, making it the perfect starting point for local exploringGroups - With the option of interconnected bungalows that share a pool, this hotel is great for groupsCity Style - With chic, rustic-style interiors, this hotel has lots of local Bahian styleMinimum Stay - Two-night minimum stay
This five-star guesthouse is set in the historic centre of Trancoso, Bahia. Choose from private bungalows set in a tropical garden with boutique, rustic interiors; book the mini-spa suite for a hot tub and plunge pool, or the main villa for a family-sized living area; a chic secret garden bolt-hole. See More
Hotel Vila dos Orixas Morro de Sao Paulo 14 rooms from £115Great walks - Good for walkers.Sights nearby - See the sights of Morro de Sao such as the lighthouse and the fort.Fishing - Sea fishing trips can be organised by the hotel.Kayaking - Canoeing
Solar do Carmo Salvador (Centro Historico,) 3 rooms from £118Sights nearby - Ouro Preto is a perfect example of colonial Brazilian architecture, Baroque churches.Restrictions on children - Over 14s welcome.Views - Great views from hotelSailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - I Escape
Alizees Morere Ilha de Boipeba, Bahia 17 rooms from £94Great walks - A host of walking trails through the jungle start from the hotel.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Full of characterRemote - Off the beaten track.
Stunning coastal hotel made up of quaint, sea-facing cottages. Each cottage offers a charming bedroom with a wooden deck fronting that offers fantastic sea vistas. Journey down to the beachside restaurant for delicious Brazilian-French fusion cuisine. Perfect for a peaceful, seaside break. See More
Pousada Capim Santo Trancoso (Quadrado) 17 rooms from £98Beach Life - With the beautiful sandy beach less than a mile away you can easily wander over and spend your days by the seasideActive Holiday - There are plenty of activities both on land and on water to keep you busy and making the most out of the weatherDiving - Go scuba diving for an unforgettable experience and discover the diverse local marine lifeGreat walks - Head out for long walks along the beach at sunset to truly appreciate the area's beauty
This eco friendly pousada is situated in central Trancoso, less than a mile from the beach. It features contemporary rooms with a simple decor, a beautiful outdoor pool in the midst of a tropical garden and a hot tub. Be sure to enjoy their wonderful buffet breakfast each morning! A tranquil spot. See More
Pousada Minha Louca Paixão Morro de Sao Paulo 57 rooms from £100Local exploring - The hotel occupies a central location in Morro de São Paulo, making it the perfect starting point for local exploringFamilies - Family rooms are available to accommodate adults travelling with children; kids love the outdoor pools, tooBeach Life - With a prime, seafront location, this hotel is a great choice for a relaxing beach breakSights nearby - Visit the Morro de São Paulo Lighthouse, a landmark lighthouse on the coast
This luxury pousada is located on the seafront in Morro de São Paulo, Brazil. Rooms are individually styled and feature plush linens, local artwork and a private balcony; book a luxury suite for a spa bath and sea views. Unwind by one of two pools before dinner at the restaurant; a chic beach hotel. See More
Butterfly House Bahia Maraú - BA, Bahia 11 rooms from £130Diving - Take a diving expedition around the nearby coastline.Birdwatching - The surrounding area is great for exotic birds.Remote - Off the beaten track.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Hotel Fazenda Cala e Divino Porto Seguro, Bahia 8 rooms from £132Suites - Eight private and individually decorated bungalows with sweeping views of the beach and seaMassage - Massage is a specaility to help you unwind and totally relaxBack to Nature - Bare foot luxury and magical place for nature loversGreat walks - Guided walks and hikes can be arrangedRecommended by - Tablet
An idyllic and remote paradise in South Bahia. This simple and chic family run hotel is situated on one of Brazil's most beautiful beaches, Espelh. Beach bungalows are dotted amongst the palm trees and overlook the exquisite beach and turquoise sea. Charming rooms, fabulous food, massage - sublime See More
Villa dos Corais Morro de Sao Paulo (Morro De São Paulo) 40 rooms from £140Fishing - Spend the afternoon relaxing in the summer sun fishing with a picnic and a few drinks-what could be better?Diving - Take advantage of the many local diving clubs to explore the marine life off Morro de São Paolo's coastSurfing - The combination of sun, wind and waves make Morro de São Paulo a great destination for surfersGreat walks - Go hiking through the palm trees and across the beaches to truly get to know Tinharé Island
Located just a minute away from the beach in Morro de São Paulo this laid back hotel features simply designed yet spacious rooms in individual buildings. Spend your days sunbathing on the beach, lazing poolside, playing tennis or relaxing with a massage! A fun and family-friendly choice for a break. See More
Casa do Amarelindo Salvador (Pelourinho) 10 rooms from £110Roof terrace - Panoramic views and swimming pool.GourmetCity StyleRestrictions on children - No guests under the age of 14 years accepted.Recommended by - I Escape
Casa da Vanessa Trancoso 5 rooms from £112Local exploring - With a prime seafront location in Trancoso, this hotel is perfectly placed for local exploring in BahiaBeach Life - Located a stone's throw from the beach, these private villas are a great choice for a seaside holidayFamilies - With self-catering facilities, a garden and swimming pool, this hotel is well-suited to familiesSights nearby - Visit Quadrado Square close to the hotel, the historic centre of Trancoso lined with colourful houses
This stylish hotel offers accommodation next to Praia dos Coqueiros in Trancoso, Brazil. Guest chalets are bright and airy with elegant wooden furnishings, self-catering facilities and a terrace; book the largest chalet for a garden and family living space. Unwind by the pool; a charming beach stay. See More
Canto Das Aguas Chapada Diamantina, Bahia 43 rooms from £115Country Escape - Set in lush gardens by the Lençóis River. The perfect spot to indulge in some rest and rejuvination.Great walks - Take long walks through the Lençóis River Valley.Full of characterKayaking - Available locally.
A rustic chic property set within the stunning Chapada Diamantina's mountains. Atmospheric rooms are traditional in style with plenty of wood, white washed walls and exposed stone. Bathrooms are very much contemporary. Dine on gourmet regional delights and sample fine wines. Fabulous. See More
Pousada Brisas do Espelho Praia do Espelho, Bahia 20 rooms from £116Total relaxation - With a quiet, clifftop location and pool and restaurant on-site, you can check in and start to relax at this guesthouseLocal exploring - Located between several picturesque villages, the Atlantic Forest and sandy beaches, there is lots to explore locallyFamilies - Book the family suite for extra living space, perfect for parents travelling with childrenSurfing - Enjoy great surfing conditions on any of the three sandy beaches close to the hotel; enquire at reception about board hire
This charming inn is set on a clifftop in the south of Bahia, surrounded by sandy beaches. Suites are bright and contemporary, with 400-thread count linens and thoughtful design details; book the family suite for generous living space. Dine at the sleek lounge restaurant; a stylish beach getaway. See More
Refúgio da Vila Praia do Forte, Bahia 30 rooms from £122Families - Book a superior room to accommodate children; kids love the outdoor pool and there are babysitting services available tooLocal exploring - With a privileged location close to the coast, this hotel is a perfect starting point for local exploring in BahiaBeach Life - Located just 200m from a sandy beach, this hotel is a great base for a seaside breakSights nearby - Take a day trip into Salvador and visit the Elevador Lacerda, an iconic lift with great coastal views
This luxury pousada is located just steps away from Praia do Forte on Brazil's east coast. Spacious rooms are traditionally dressed and feature private balconies with a hammock; book a superior room to accommodate children. Unwind by the pool before dinner in the restaurant; a chic beach bolt-hole. See More
Villa Bahia Salvador (Pelourinho) 17 rooms from £157Local markets - Browse the vast craft market of Mercado Modelo.Sights nearby - Visit the nearby San Francisco church.Lively area - In the thick of the action.Traditional
Awash with history and charm, Villa Bahia is a delightful hotel in the historic centre of Salvador. Rooms are elegant and stylish with beautiful antique furnishings and playful colour schemes. With Salvador's city centre on the doorstep, it's perfectly located for exploring Brazil's first capital. See More
Fera Palace Hotel Salvador (Centro Histórico) 81 rooms from £128Romantic Break - Couples love the romantic suites at this seaside hotel and the cosy restaurant serving classic Brazilian cuisineLocal exploring - Located in lively Salvador in Bahia, this hotel is perfectly placed for local exploringBeach Life - With a privileged seafront location, this hotel is ideal for a luxurious beach holidaySights nearby - Visit the nearby Rio Branco Palace; it is one of the oldest palaces in Brazil, dating to 1549
This exclusive boutique hotel is located in Salvador, Brazil. Choose from spacious apartments and suites with stylish interiors and unique design pieces; book a luxury suite for sea views and a classic bathtub. Dine in the restaurant before drinks at the seafront Fera Lounge; a chic, refined hotel. See More
Maitei Hotel Arraial d'Ajuda 17 rooms from £167Sights nearby - Visit Trancoso's historic Quadrado, less than four miles from the hotel.Surfing - Try your hand at surfing on some of Brazil's finest waves.Sailing - Sailing trips can be organised by the hotel.Restrictions on children - Adult only.
Pousada Mangabeiras Ilha de Boipeba, Bahia 11 rooms from £137Local exploring - Set just outside a charming town with proximity to local islands, this hotel is in the perfect location for local exploringRomantic Break - Couples love the hotel's relaxed atmosphere; spend a night in the games room after a day lounging by the poolBeach Life - With a prime location on Boca da Barra Beach, this hotel is a great choice for a relaxing seaside breakGreat walks - Explore the island on a long walk and discover the magic of this unique coastline; the hotel can recommend routes
This stylish pousada sits at the end of Boca da Barra Beach overlooking Boipeba Island. Spacious suites feature traditional interiors, with local artwork and artisanal pieces; book a luxury bungalow for a balcony with a hammock and sea views. Unwind by the pool before dinner; a charming beach hotel. See More
Casa de Pera'Inda Trancoso 5 rooms from £200Local exploring - Perfect for exploring Trancoso and the surrounding coastline.Sights nearby - Explore local sights of interest such as the Culture House of Trancoso and Quadrado Square.Diving - Diving trips can be organised by the hotel.Full of character
Loaded with charm and character, Casa de Pera'Inda combines excellent service with a welcoming, convivial atmosphere. It offers smart, stylishly designed rooms with elegant furnishings and tasteful decor. Recline poolside or go on a horse trek through the surrounding jungle. See More
Tivoli Praia do Forte Ecoresort Salvador 287 rooms from £222Beach LifeFamiliesSights nearby - Alameda do Sol, Humpback Whale Institute and Sao Francisco Church.Swimming Pool - 8 pools.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection
Pousada Bendito Seja Pinheira, Bahia 11 rooms from £174Romantic Break - Couples love the peaceful atmosphere at this adults-only beach hotel; book a luxury suite for a private hot tubBeach Life - Located on one of the best beaches in Bahia, this hotel is a great choice for a relaxed seaside getawayLocal exploring - With a great location on the coast, this hotel is the perfect starting point for local exploringGreat walks - Discover the beautiful natural landscape of Bahia on a long walk; ask at the hotel for marked hiking trails
This pretty pousada is located on Praia do Espelho, a beautiful beach in Bahia, Brazil. Whitewashed rooms are elegant and simply dressed with crisp linens and four-poster beds; book a luxury suite for a private hot tub. Sunbathe in the gardens before a dip in the hot tub; a charming beach getaway. See More
Bahia Bonita Trancoso (Bonita - BA) from £179Beach LifeSights nearby - Church of St. John the Baptist.Four poster beds - For romantics.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRecommended by - Fodors
Etnia Pousada and Boutique Trancoso 8 rooms from £235Chic - Boho chic in one of Brazil's hippest villages.Private villas - The hotel comprises 8 themed bungalows.Beach LifeRestrictions on children - No children under the age of 14 are permitted.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet, Fodors, Kiwi Collection
Aram Yami Salvador (Santo Antônio Além do Carmo) 6 rooms from £185Sights nearby - Walk to nearby sights such as Sé Square and São Marcelo Fort.Local markets - Browse the bustling markets streets of Salvador.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Views - Great views from hotel
Delightful baroque hotel overlooking Todos Os Santos Bay. Awash with charm, the hotel's rooms are characterful and comfortable with colourful wallpaper and impressive views. If you're not exploring the surrounding Salvador, then take the chance to relax by one of the pools overlooking the bay. See More
KA BRU Beach Boutique Hotel Maraú, Bahia 6 rooms from £193Total relaxation - With a pool and private beach plus in-room spa treatments, this hotel offers guests total relaxationBeach Life - With access to its own private beach, this hotel is perfect for an exclusive seaside getawayRomantic Break - Couples love the relaxed, grown-up atmosphere at this adults-only boutique hotelKayaking - Take a kayaking tour on Rio da Serra; book through the hotel for great deals
This sleek boutique hotel is set in Barra Grande, Bahia. Suites are bright and minimalist with crisp white linens and wooden accents; book the Sunset Villa for breathtaking views from a private pool. Unwind on the hotel's exclusive beach before dining at the gourmet restaurant; a VIP beach getaway. See More
Campo Bahia Bahia from £264Beach Life - With access to a private beach, it's perfect for beach lovers.Romantic Break - A quiet idyll on the beach, perfect for a romantic break.Families - The villas are perfect for families to rent.Great walks - Beautiful walking through the surrounding jungle and the nearby beach.
Vila Naiá Bahia 8 rooms from £287Local exploring - Nestled between the coast and the Monte Pascoal National Park, there is lots to explore local to this hotelBeach Life - With a privileged seafront location, this hotel is a perfect choice for relaxed beach breakRomantic Break - Couples love the relaxed, romantic atmosphere at this adults-only boutique hotelKayaking - Take advantage of the calm waters off the coast for a kayaking excursion; book through the hotel
This luxury beachfront hotel offers accommodation in Corumbau, Brazil. Suites are located in individual cabins and feature wood panelling, rich linens and a private terrace; book a luxury suite for separate living space. Unwind by the pool before dinner at the restaurant; a stylish seaside getaway. See More
Casa do Dean Arraial d'Ajuda from £374Beach LifeValue chicLuxuryGroupsRecommended by - I Escape
A Robinson Crusoe villa set back from the beach surrounded by palm trees and turquoise waters. Designer chic interiors with hints of Brazilian tradition, kitchen plus chef on request, pool, and immediate access to the beach and the surrounding tropical paradise. For families, groups of friends. See More
Villas de Trancoso Trancoso (Praia dos Nativios) from £316Beach LifeSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorLocal markets - Good for local colour.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - I Escape, CN Traveller, Kiwi Collection
Uxua Casa Hotel Trancoso 10 rooms from £340Private villas - 10 individual casas.Beach LifeBarefoot Luxury - For total relaxation.ChicRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Pousada Tutabel Distrito de Trancoso, Bahia 8 rooms from £354Groups - The two-bedroom private villa with a private kitchen and pool is great if you're travelling with a groupRomantic Break - Couples love the romantic suites at this lodge, with sea views and luxuriously soft sheetsBeach Life - Located on a tranquil beach in Trancoso, this hotel makes a relaxing seaside getawayBirdwatching - Spend a peaceful morning observing the rich variety of local birds; the lodge staff will be happy to give you useful pointers
This seaside lodge is located on one of the quietest beaches in Trancoso, Brazil. Choose between suites or villas boasting four-poster beds and luxurious linens; book the Villa Rio do Brasil for a kitchen and private pool. Book into the lodge spa for a holistic treatment; barefoot luxury defined. See More
Estrela D'Agua Trancoso (Bahia) 28 rooms from £354Local exploring - This hotel is in a great location for exploring the coast of Bahia and its endless sandy beachesRomantic Break - Book a private bungalow with a hot tub for added indulgence on your next couples getawayBeach Life - Nestled on the beach itself, this hotel is a great choice for a seaside getawayDiving - Take diving classes through the hotel and explore the natural wonders under the surface of the crystalline watersRecommended by - Tablet
This charming hotel offers suites and private bungalows nestled on Trancoso Beach in Bahia, Brazil. Interiors are inspired by the Caribbean setting and feature crisp white drapes and uplifting shades of blue; book the Costa bungalow for pretty sea views. Book into the spa; an inviting beach hotel. See More
Txai Resort Itacare, Bahia 40 rooms from £374Eco - Eco-friendly break.Beach LifeSpa breaksHoneymoonsRecommended by - I Escape, Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Fazenda da Lagoa Una, Bahia 14 rooms from £377Library - The library is packed with over a thousand English and Portugese booksPrivate villas - The hotel comprises 14 colourful cabanas.WellbeingEcoRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
Convento do Carmo Salvador 79 rooms from £447Elegant - The most elegant old-world place to stay in Salvador.Swimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolSpaGreat walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - I Escape, Kiwi Collection
Kiaroa Eco-Luxury Resort Município de Maraú, Bahia 23 rooms from £478Eco break - Eco meets chic in this luxurious beach resort, with abundance of outdoor pursuits and full spaSailing - Explore local islands of Coroa Vermelha & Pedra FurudaBarefoot Luxury - For total relaxation.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection
5* eco-resort with bags of space and privacy. Suites and bungalows have dark wood furniture, romantic four poster beds and hammocks on the balconies. Outdoor pools, spa, gardens, helipad and direct beach access. Superb seafood-based cuisine, relaxed bar lounge. Secluded, barefoot opulence. See More
Fazenda São Francisco do Corumbau Ponta do Corumbau, Bahia 10 rooms from £528Remote - Gloriously remote with white sandy beaches.Total relaxationWellbeingViews - Ocean views.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet, Kiwi Collection