Search the best hotels in Buzios
Búzios sits just to the east of Rio de Janeiro, three hours by road, and is an upscale beach resort with small town charm. This peninsula of twenty-three white sand beaches and crystal clear waters was home to a cluster of sleepy fishing villages until the 1960s. Then Brigitte Bardot and the hippies arrived, and like all hippy discoveries, mainstream tourism was not far behind. Today Buzios is a slick beachside hang-out dotted with gourmet restaurants, upmarket boutiques, and trendy bars. The best places to stay in Búzios vary between tropical hideaways, sleek boutiques and charming little guesthouses.
The peninsula offers something for everyone, and is split into three distinct areas. Around the yacht club area, for example, it feels a bit like St Tropez, full of beautiful beach clothes and a string of nighclubs a few minutes away in the Rua das Pedras. Cobblestoned streets are full of artisan boutiques.
On the other side of the peninsula is the Praia da Farradura, one of the most popular beaches. For people watching it can't be beat, but with over twenty beaches to choose from, you can find quieter spots if you travel a bit further, such as Ferradurinha, tucked away in a little cove and enjoying picturesque surroundings. While if it's roamntic dining and sunsets you are after, head to the end of the peninsula to the Rocka Beach Lounge for fantastic seafood, and gorgeous sea views.
The best places to stay in Buzios are, as you would expect, upmarket, but if you want to spend less we have recommended a couple of budget friendly hotels. It's also doable as a day trip from Rio.
The Best Places to Stay in Buzios
- Pousada Casas Brancas - a luxurious beach boutique offering romantic whitewashed rooms with private balconies and paintings on the walls. Large swimming pool and deck chair area, some two bedroom apartments, and an excellent sea food restaurant. A great choice for families.
- Insolito - built into the side of the peninsula, this chic boutique spot is tucked away with lots of privacy. The sleek rooms and suites are minimal but still characterful, whilst there's an excellent fusion restaurant and an infinity pool with sea views.
- Chez Pitu Praia is a stunning boutique spot on Geriba beach. The contemporary accommodation features lovely furnishings and a wide variety of vibrant hues, with some of Brazil's finest surf spots located just around the corner.
- Pedra da Laguna is a charming beach hotel on the famous Praia da Farradura, with generously sized private apartments and a holistic spa.
- For a charming boutique hotel nestled in cobbled alleyways, reminiscent of Greece, try the Vila da Santa. With some seaviews and terraces, the rooms are a blend of modern and traditional seaside chic, and you can dine by the pool to the light of flickering candles.
- Cachoeira Inn - a favourite of Brigitte Bardot, this slightly quirky hotel is situated in a tropical forest. Comprising a wooden structure on stilts which fuses Asian and Brazilian architecture, it also features art from around the world, nine waterfalls and two private beaches. Very romantic!
- Set in lush tropical gardens just a stone's throw from the beach, Vila D'Este boasts gorgeous Mediterranean-style rooms with splendid views. A supremely romantic stay.
- Abracadabra - above the town with to-die-for views over the bay, with rustic chic rooms, a lovely infinity pool and a great fish restaurant. Great value considering the location, and they also have some budget rooms.
- Villa Balthazar is a small, luxury B+B with a European feel. Just five rooms are spread over three properties - the garden house being one of the nicest.
- Pousada Villa Rasa is an unpretentious yet stylish seaside hotel on Praia Rasa. Very laid back, it offers great value close to the airport in a less crowded location.
- The budget friendly La Pedrera offers spacious, well-designed accommodation with neutral colour schemes and plenty of wood - whilst some even boast private balconies. With family rooms, a lovely spa and the beach nearby, what's not to love about this spot?
For An Apartment or Villa
- If you think a self-catering option would best suit your needs then browse through the wide variety available with our partner, booking.com.
- In Búzios the sun shines year round and so there's no bad time to visit! It's busiest however in the summer, from December to May, and prices for accommodation will be higher. That said, there's a great party atmosphere if you're looking for a fun-filled holiday!
- Mid-season, from September to November, is probably the best time come to Búzios if you don't fancy being mobbed by fellow tourists but want decent weather.
- Tourists can fly into Cabo Frio Airport, 30km outside Búzios. The cheapest way to get from here to the centre of town is to take a taxi into Cabo Frio (costing $11-$14), and then get the B160 bus (costing $2-$3) which takes 45 minutes.
- Alternatively, an uber will take you just over half an hour and will cost $22-$30.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not found the right property?
- Browse all the best places to stay in Búzios.
- Expand your search to include our recommendations in Rio de Janeiro.
- Or, contact a friendly guru for advice.
Monthly Weather in Buzios
Best Hotels in Buzios
Villa Balthazar Buzios (Canto) 5 rooms from £72Romantic Break - Couples love the romantic, vintage interiors in this small bed and breakfast, and the friendly Swedish hostsHideaway - With under 10 rooms, set in a quiet house with gardens, this hotel makes a perfectly tranquil bolt-holeLocal exploring - With a great city location, this hotel is a good base for local exploring in BúizosSights nearby - Visit the Brigitte Bardot Statue, a landmark statue erected in the city after the famous actress paid a visit
This charming B&B is located in Búzios, Brazil. Run by Scandinavian hosts, the hotel has a European feel. The homely and inviting guestrooms are spread across three properties; book a suite in the garden house for heritage furnishings. Unwind by the pool or in the cosy sitting room; a welcoming B&B. See More
Abracadabra Buzios (Centro, Armação dos Búzios) 16 rooms from £111Views - The best views in Buzios.Diving - Good diving nearby.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.Local markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - I Escape
Pousada Villa Rasa Buzios (Praia Rasa) 35 rooms from £89Romantic Break - Couples love the romantic suites at this seaside hotel; book a luxury room with a hot tub for added indulgenceFamilies - With family suites available and a children's play area in the hotel, this pousada is great for familiesBeach Life - With a prime, seafront location and access to a private beach, this hotel makes a great seaside getawaySights nearby - Visit the Capela Nossa Senhora Desatadora De Nos, a colonial-era church close to the hotel
Vila D'Este Buzios (Bardot) 20 rooms from £130Back to Nature - The hotel enjoys a stunning location in Búzios with tropical wildlife and beautiful views of the seaPrivate Hot Tub - The master ocean front suite and premium ocean front suite have a private terrace with hot tub.Sailing - There are plenty of local sailing schools that can help you discover the beauty of the coastRestaurant - The bistro Egeo serves Mediterranean style cuisineRecommended by - Tablet, Great Small Hotels
Vila D'Este is a stone's throw away from the beach in beautiful Búzios. It features Mediterranean-style rooms with plenty of wooden features, has lush tropical gardens and the pool offers a great view of the bay. Be sure to enjoy the large breakfast buffet offered each morning. Utterly charming! See More
Chez Pitu Praia Buzios 35 rooms from £141Surfing - The surrounding coastline and beaches are hot spots for surfing.Local markets - Browse the local markets of Geriba.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Views - Great views from hotel
La Pedrera Buzios (Joao Fernandes) 28 rooms from £127Diving - Go to a local dive school in Buzios and take a diving trip.Sights nearby - One mile from the Gran Cine Bardot.Restaurant - Mediterranean, local. PizzasLively - Hip and happening.
Exuding elegance and simplicity, La Pedrera is a superb seaside hotel. Fitted with delightful rooms, a deluxe spa and excellent local cuisine, it has everything guests need for a relaxing stay. Head down to the nearby beach or explore the fashionable town of Buzios. A seaside gem. See More
Pousada Casas Brancas Buzios (Loteamento Triângulo de Búzios) 32 rooms from £183Families - 2 bedroom apartments.HoneymoonsBeach LifeFoodiesRecommended by - I Escape
A stunning boutique to the East of Rio, just outside Buzios with 26 beaches to choose from. Romantic rooms, suites, and 2-bedroom apartments have white washed walls, attractive paintings, and private balconies, some with private pools. Fabulous seafood restaurant, large pool, and sprawling terraces. See More
Pedra da Laguna Buzios (Ferradura) 34 rooms from £151Spa breaks - With an extensive spa offering holistic treatments, a swimming pool and sauna, book this hotel for your next spa breakBeach Life - Located a stone's throw from the beautiful Ferradura Beach, this hotel makes a great, peaceful seaside getawayRomantic Break - Couples love the hotel's cosy suites and the sleek on-site spaSights nearby - Visit the famous Brigitte Bardot Statue in the town centre, erected after the actress visited this quaint fishing village
This boutique hotel is located beside Ferradura beach in Búzios, Rio de Janeiro. Private apartments are generously sized, featuring local textiles and natural accents; book a luxury suite for a terrace with sea views and a private hot tub. Unwind at the holistic spa; a tranquil retreat to nature. See More
Vila da Santa Buzios (Ossos) 24 rooms from £175Romantic Break - Couples love this boutique hotel's romantic rooms and the charming interior garden shared by the ground-floor suitesLocal exploring - With proximity to the beach and the city, this hotel is perfectly placed for local exploringBeach Life - Located a stone's throw from Praia dos Ossos, this hotel is great for a relaxed beach breakSights nearby - Visit the Brigitte Bardot Statue, a landmark statue of the actress erected after she visited the town
This boutique hotel is nestled by the beach in the historic heart of Búzios, Brazil. The individually styled suites have a coastal theme, luxury linens and a blend of modern and heritage furnishings; book the master suite for a balcony and bathtub. Dine at the Mediterranean restaurant; a chic hotel. See More
Insolito Buzios (Armação dos Búzios) 11 rooms from £242Romantic BreakBeach LifeLuxuryHoneymoonsRecommended by - I Escape, Design Hotels
A super chic boutique hotel on east coast of Rio, close to hip Buzios and surrounded by 26 beaches. Luxurious all white rooms and suites with attractive furnishings, some have private hot tubs. An excellent fusion restaurant, infinity pool, and fabulous views from its cliff top position. See More
Cachoeira Inn Buzios (Armação dos Búzios) 4 rooms from £338Romantic Break - An adult only retreat on a private stretch of oceanfront, with outdoor pools, waterfalls and massage treatments.Diving - Dive straight from the hotel rocks. Equipment can be hored at one of the many centres in Búzios.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool.Views - Great views from hotel
Delightful small hotel in the buzzing resort of Buzios. An intimate adult only guesthouse with cascading waterfalls giving a tropical feel. Colourful suites, some with four poster beds, and all with great sea views from the private balconies. Steps from the beach. A charming lovers hideaway. See More