Rio de Janeiro
Search the best hotels in Rio de Janeiro
About Rio de Janeiro
Dramatic, teeming with life 24/7, Rio de Janeiro perches between ocean and jungle and is both a great one-stop destination as well as a perfect entry point into Latin America. Some of the best places to stay in Rio de Janeiro can be found in the boutique city centre B&Bs, but if luxury is what you're after then the city does not disappoint, with plenty of stylish hangouts, either beachside or slightly further out of town.
Even with images from films such as City of God ingrained in the mind, the city’s truly breathtaking views do not disappoint. Rio really is quite something, with one of the world's most specular settings: a line of lights between high peaks, rainforests and white sandy beaches. From the bossa nova cafés of Santa Teresa to the caipirinha-soaked beaches of Ipanema and Copacobana, the city has so much to offer and a wide range of accommodation to match.
The locals have a reputation for good living and fun; this is an easy place to eat and drink very well then dance the night away. Or, to spend hours people watching. It's also a great place to surf or sail, plus the dense rainforests are just a short journey from the centre of the city.
For sightseeing, there is plenty on offer from the Cristo Redentor (aka Christ the Redeemer), one of Rio's most famous attractions, standing atop Corcovado. Then Rocky Pão de Açúcar is another of Rio's high points. For a good dose of culture the Centro Cultural Banco do Brasil (CCBB), set in a glorious Art Deco building, houses a wide variety of cultural exhibits as well as three theatres, libraries and a cinema.
Where To Stay - which neighbourhood?
- Botafogo is the best place for those who want to take advantage of the city's bustling nightlife.
- If you're here for the museums and culture then staying in Lapa is probably your best bet.
- Those visiting for business should try and find a room in Centro, or as close to as possible.
- But if you fancy spending your days on the beach then Copacabana's the place to be.
- Arpoador is where the hip surf crowd hang. It's situated inbetween Copacabana and Ipanema beaches and is the place to go to watch the sunset.
- Ipanema and Leblon are both good options for the beach too. Both are wealthy residential areas and filled with high end restaurants and designer shops.
- If you like a bohemian vibe then book a hotel in Santa Teresa. Its hilltop location means the views are to die for and the arty atmosphere is amplified by the charming squares filled with mansions of fading grandeur and little galleries.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Rio de Janeiro are ideally located if you're looking for art, history or culture, which you'll find everywhere - from street art to the formal museums. The same goes for architecture. But remember to book them well ahead especially if you plan to visit for the Carnival.
The best places to stay in Rio de Janeiro
- Right on Ipanema Beach, Fasano is a Philippe Starck-designed retro-chic paradise, with fifties and sixties furniture, and spacious airy bedrooms - many with two double beds placed to maximise ocean views. The staff even wear vintage uniforms! What's more, there's a rooftop pool and bar to retreat to when you've had enough of the beach.
- The Santa Teresa Hotel is hipness HQ in Santa Teresa, serving up luxury boho chic. The loft suite is the ultimate, but the verandah rooms are also excellent, and the restaurant serves acclaimed Brazilian-French gastronomy by French chef Damien Montecer.
- Y002 is a super-trendy design spot, featuring stylish contemporary rooms with plenty of glass and muted tones. You'll love the magnificent views on offer, whilst you can also tuck into splendid Brazilian cuisine at the restaurant
For a Boutique
- La Maison is in Alto Gavea, somewhat off the beaten track, and surrounded by lush hillsides, yet only only ten minutes north of Ipanema Beach. There are just five rooms, themed around travel. Stylish, romantic and unique.
- Casa Cool Beans serves the breakfast part of its B&B promise poolside, and in its pleasant variety of outdoor terrace and garden spaces. This is a good place for market shoppers, and there are plenty of reasonably priced restaurants to choose from in the local area.
- Casa Beleza has just two rooms and two suites, a small pool and a shady garden - with monkeys and a turtle, and fruit trees providing your breakfast fruit. There's wifi, but no television, whilst the English-speaking owners know and love Rio, and are happy to share with you their knowledge and tips.
- Casa Amarelo is a French designed guesthouse in the heart of the Santa Teresa neighbourhood. Offering simple yet elegant individually designed rooms, you can come back after a day out sightseeing to enjoy a refreshing dip in the pool.
- The eight room Les Jardins De Rio is a contemporary spot, with smart suites in white, located just a short distance outside the centre of town. What's more, it's adults only and there's a lovely pool to relax by - perfect for a romantic city break.
- Guesthouse Maria Santa Teresa is a quirky intimate property, with six colourful and charming rooms as well as a rooftop terrace. Unwind in the pool, the bar or the cigar room, whilst there's also evening entertainment put on for the guests each night.
For a City Break
- Mama Ruisa is an elegant 19th Century boutique guesthouse in a prime location above the Lapa District overlooking the bay. Rooms are perfectly simple with stunning views.
- The Ipanema Penthouse is a three bedroom apartment, with chic, all white bedrooms with private balconies, a rooftop pool and fantastic panoramic views of the city.
- The Villa enjoys a dreamy location in the hills overlooking Rio. Featuring stylish contemporary rooms and balconies boasting splendid views all around... you won't believe the price!
For a Beach Break
- Rio Atlantica is a large hotel on the beach at Copacabana. Rooms and suites are modern and luxurious, and some of them also have spectacular views.
- On the coast, slightly out of town, La Suite's seven bedrooms have hazy views of the city's millions of lights. This cliff top luxury guesthouse has Warhol themed rooms, an infinity pool and a fabulous restaurant.
- Just 5 minutes away from Ipanema Beach, Ipanema Inn is a stylish contemporary spot with minimalist rooms in muted tones. Located in the centre of town, you can head off sightseeing in the morning before hitting the beach in the afternoon.
For Something Special
- Featured in songs, films and books, the Copacabana Palace is an iconic place to stay in Rio. There's all-out marble and chandelier bedecked grandeur in public areas, so the feeling is traditionally luxurious. The beachfront rooms are the best, with their terraces, and the pool, bar and restaurants are quite something.
- Altos de Santa Teresa is a top spot for a romantic trip away. With smart, spacious suites and a pool offering views overlooking Rio's dramatic cityscape, it's truly delightful.
- Nestled in the hills overlooking Rio, Casa Marques Santa Teresa boasts six swish contemporary rooms with gorgeous views. Ideally situated to make the most of both the city and its natural surroundings, you can come back after a long day to relax by the pool or treat yourself to a massage.
- Tuakaza is an utterly spectacular hideaway, in a secluded setting and boasting stunning views. With six charming rooms as well as an infinity pool, you'll fall in love with the place.
For great value
- Castelinho38 is a cheerful hotel in Rio's bohemian quarter, Santa Teresa. Rooms are large and colourful - some with sea views, and there's a lovely breakfast terrace and garden. This is also one of the best places to stay in Rio for families.
- Set in the quiet hills of Santa Teresa, Quinta Azul is a good value boutique pousada. The house itself is over 120 years old, with thirteen comfortable rooms, and is close to restaurants, galleries and just ten minutes from the beach.
For An Apartment Or Villa
- If you've decided that you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with out partner, Booking.com.
- Rio is never exactly chilly, but if you want the best weather then visit from December to March - with the average daily temperature around 25-27°C and the sea also being wonderfully warm.
- For a quieter and cheaper visit, plan to come in spring or autumn. The weather is still lovely but not overly hot, and you can be assured that the streets and beaches will be far less crowded than at other times of the year.
- International visitors can fly into Rio de Janeiro-Galeão International Airport, located 12 miles north of the city centre. From the airport, take the bus into the centre of town.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Rio de Janeiro.
- Widen the net and have a look at our recommendations in Rio de Janeiro State or in Sao Paulo.
- Or you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Rio de Janeiro
Best Hotels in Rio de Janeiro
Selina Lapa Rio de Janeiro (Centro) 119 rooms from £16Local exploring - Base yourself here if you are more interested in exploring Rio's art, music, dance and local life than relaxing at the beachBusiness meetings - The property is well-known as a vibrant co-working space with 15 desks, great wifi, meeting rooms and shared dining spacesValue chic - The 4, 6 and 8 person dorms have been thoughtfully decorated and offer an incredibly good-value base in the heart of RioSights nearby - Within 500 metres of the property visit the National Museum of Fine Arts, National Library, Selaron Steps and Carioca Aqueduct
Boutique hotel and hostel situated in a classical building in Rio's Lapa district. The place to stay to feel the pulse of local life and meet its colourful characters; residents frequent the restaurant and rooftop bar. Brilliantly refurbished, rooms and public areas are eccentric, cool and stylish. See More
Discovery Suites Rio de Janeiro (Santa Teresa) 6 rooms from £33Local exploring - Explore the bohemian enclave of Santa Teresa famous for its artist's studios, 18th century mansions and winding cobbled streetsGreat walks - Discover the village-like neighbourhood on foot. This property will be loved by those not in Rio for beaches but for cultureSights nearby - Rio's famous Escadaria Selarón are in the areaLively - Hip and happening.
Charming B&B located in Rio's historic Santa Teresa district. 6 unique rooms have colourful walls and are decorated with local antiques. There is a fun bar and restaurant on-site as well as a shared kitchen area. Guests will love the vibrant central location, sit-out terrace and gardens. See More
Castelinho38 Rio de Janeiro (Santa Teresa) 12 rooms from £55Value chicSights nearby - Santa Theresa is Rio's bohemian quarter, Carioca Aqueduct, Museu da Chácara do Céu.Local markets - Good for local colour.Great walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - I Escape
Vila Gale Rio de Janeiro Rio de Janeiro (Centro) 292 rooms from £45Local exploring - Stay here to sample one of Rio's most charactful districts known for its vibrant music scene, trendy restaurants and shopsValue chic - Considering the facilities, buzzing location and very pleasant rooms, this hotel is incredible valueSights nearby - Lapa’s famous white aqueduct is five minutes’ walk away. A short tram ride will take you to the Santa Teresa neighbourhoodGreat walks - The iconic Escadaria Selarón steps are a short walk away
A four-star urban retreat located in Rio's lively Lapa district. Housed in a former 1930s Magnifico Hotel, rooms are spread between a new tower and a pink colonial-style building set around an inviting pool. There is a spa, Piano bar and on Sundays the restaurant offers a superb Portuguese feast. See More
The Villa Rio de Janeiro (Santa Teresa) 11 rooms from £48Local exploring - Just a short way from the centre of Rio, it's perfect for exploring the historic city.Value chic - Stylish accommodation at a very reasonable price.Surfing - The beaches surrounding Rio are hotspots for surfing.Sights nearby - Less than two miles from Christ the Redeemer.
L'Homme de Rio Rio de Janeiro (Ipanema) 10 rooms from £52Views - The hotel's amazing rooftop gives views all the way to Sugar Loaf Mountain. Come up here for a sunset cocktailBeach Life - Rio's iconic Ipanema beach is 500 metres from the property and boasts golden sand and great surfingSights nearby - Within 800 metres you will find Copacabana, Arpoador and Diablo beachesGreat walks - Take a hike in nearby Catacumba Park
Design-led boutique hotel in Rio's Ipanema district. 10 spacious suites are chic yet cosy and some look out over the ocean, as does the rooftop bar and pool. There is easy access to Rio's best beaches and although there is no restaurant, the trendy neighbourhood has many lunch and dinner options. See More
CDesign Hotel Rio de Janeiro (Recreio dos Bandeirantes) 254 rooms from £54Beach Life - The hotel is across the road from Bandeirantes Beach and has stunning sea views from the rooftop pool and many of the roomsFamilies - There is a strong emphasis on families with indoor and outdoor play equipment, board games and kid's TV channelsValue chic - Considering the impressive views, beach location and spacious rooms, this is a great value choiceSights nearby - Mirante do Roncador and Pontal beaches are close by
Beach-side hotel located in Rio's upscale residential district of Recreio dos Bandeirantes. 254 rooms are light-filled with minimalist white and glass interiors. A great base from which to explore beaches and parks, the rooftop pool has incredible ocean views and there is a restaurant, spa and gym. See More
Casa Cool Beans Rio de Janeiro (136 Rio de Janeiro-RJ (Santa Teresa)) 10 rooms from £69Groups - An ideal spot for groups or families, most rooms have two double beds, and the garden is a great place to chill in the evenings.Sights nearby - Just 7 km from the iconic Sugar Loaf Mountain, plus the B&B runs a shuttle service to the main sights.Restrictions on children - No children under 13.Swimming Pool - Lovely outdoor pool.Recommended by - Frommers, Fodors
Inexpensive, super-friendly B&B in a cool boho neighbourhood. Clean and simple white washed rooms with splashes of colour - most with two double beds. Multiple gardens, open-air areas, pool and sun deck have wonderful views and are perfect to chill out in. A great choie for groups of friends. See More
Casa Beleza Rio de Janeiro 5 rooms from £70Local exploring - Set in the historic quarter, Santa Teresa, a tranquil bohemian area yet close to the Rio de Janerio's main sights.Great walks - Wander the cobblestone streets of Rio's charming and historic Santa Teresa, packed with restaurants, bars and museums.Sights nearby - Just a 15 minute drive from the iconic Christ the Redeemer statue.Swimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor Pool in Gardens
Prestige Property Da Costa Rio de Janeiro (Santa Teresa) 5 rooms from £66Hideaway - Soak in the jaw-dropping view over Rio from the property's private terrace, tucked away in this luxurious home-away-from-homeCity Style - Combining incredible views, a trendy neighbourhood and seriously stylish interiors, this is Rio at its bestSights nearby - Church São Judas Tadeu, International Museum of Naïv Art of Brazil and Largo do Boticário are on your doorstepGreat walks - Explore the colourful neighbourhood easily on foot
Private residence situated in Rio's bohemian village-like district of Santa Teresa. There are five unique and spacious rooms, a swimming pool and a terrace with incredible views. Interiors are sophisticated and light-filled. Despite no restaurant, breakfast is included and rooms share a kitchen. See More
Quinta Azul Rio de Janeiro (Santa Teresa) 13 rooms from £87Outstanding location - Santa Teresa is famous for its winding cobbled streets and a haunt for poets, artists and musciansPrivate Hot Tub - Deluxe bedrooms have private JucuzziViews - Great views from hotelFour poster beds - For romantics.
Good value, Quinta Azul is a boutique pousada, set in the quiet hills of bohemian Santa Teresa. With beautiful gardens the 120 year old colonial house has thirteen comfortable and well appointed rooms, close to the restaurants and galleries of the neighbourhood and just ten minutes from the beach. See More
Hotel Nacional Rio de Janeiro Rio de Janeiro (Sao Conrado) 413 rooms from £71Views - No other hotel in the city has views that span Christ the Redeemer, the ocean and mountains. Engage in sightseeing from your bedRomantic Break - There is no need to leave the hotel as everything is on-site: luxurious rooms, views, spa, beach access and delicious foodArchitectural - Designed by legendary Brazilian architect Oscar Niemeyer, considered one of the key founders of Modern architectureSpa breaks - Enjoy spa treatments with killer beach views. There is also a steam room, sauna, extensive gym and relaxation area
Glamorous luxury hotel with out-of-this-world views over the beaches and cityscape of Rio de Janeiro. Spend days relaxing by the sea-view pool or on Sao Conrado beach. Interiors are plush with a hint of space-age chic and there is a superb spa, two great restaurants and a buzzy roof-top bar. See More
Mama Shelter Rio Rio de Janeiro (Santa Teresa) 55 rooms from £73Local exploring - Located in the exciting, artsy district of Santa Teresa, this hotel is in a great spot for local exploringCity Style - With its chic interiors and fun terrace space, this hotel has lots of Rio styleRomantic Break - Couples love the hotel's down-to-earth atmosphere and attentive staffGreat walks - Explore the neighbourhood on foot and discover boutique shops and cafés; wander down to Guinle Park for some green spaceRecommended by - Tablet
This boutique hotel is located in the bohemian hilltop neighbourhood of Santa Teresa in Rio. Bright rooms feature king-size beds, homely soft furnishings and unique design pieces; book an XL suite for city views. Eat at the hotel restaurant before drinks on the terrace; a chic, stylish city stay. See More
Altos de Santa Teresa Rio de Janeiro (Santa Teresa) 8 rooms from £76Romantic Break - It's stunning situation overlooking Rio adds to the aura of the place, making it a great spot for a romantic break.Local exploring - Perfect launchpad for exploring the historic city of Rio.Sights nearby - Just over a mile from the statue of Christ the Redeemer.Views - Great views from hotel
Casting its eye over the dramatic cityscape of Rio, Altos de Santa Teresa is a delightful hotel. It's suites are smartly adorned with stylish furnishing and tasteful artwork. Relax in the pool and absorb in the breathtaking views over the city. Perfectly suited to couples visiting Rio. See More
Casa Amarelo Rio de Janeiro (Santa Teresa) 7 rooms from £100Sights nearby - Walk to nearby sights such as Cathedral of Rio de Janeiro and Passeio Público.Local markets - Explore the bustling markets and streets of Santa Tereza.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolTraditional
La Maison Rio de Janeiro (Gávea) 5 rooms from £93Hideaway - Set in a unusually quiet part of town although actually only two miles from great beaches.Sights nearby - Don't miss admiring the view from the iconic Christ the Redeemer statue.Swimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet
Tranquil boutique retreat set in a lovely hillside mansion. Stunning views from the private terraces of equally stunning travel-inspired rooms. A fantastic pool with flamboyant cocktails to get you in the mood for the nightlife in nearby Ipanema. Stylish, romantic, unique. See More
Guesthouse Maria Santa Teresa Rio de Janeiro (Santa Teresa) 6 rooms from £122Full of characterSights nearby - Well located for major sights.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorGreat walks - Good for walkers.
This homely, quirky property makes guest enjoyment its chief priority. Hotel comes with pool, bar, cigar room and evening entertainment to ensure a fun, but relaxed stay in Rio. Distinctive design features and a rooftop terrace with great views make this a hotel with heaps of character. See More
Yoo2 Rio de Janeiro 143 rooms from £96City Style - Contemporary cool complete with rooftop pool, chic bar and excellent restaurant.Sights nearby - Marvel at the magnificent 18th century San Clemente Palace.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.
A trendy design hotel boasting spectacular views from the rooftop pool. Rooms are contemporary through and through with sleek fixtures, plenty of glass and indulgent bathrooms. Feast on Brazilian cuisine in the restaurant and sip on superb cocktails in the hip bar. A stylish choice. See More
Les Jardins de Rio Rio de Janeiro (Cosme Velho) 8 rooms from £130Views - Incredible views over Guanabara Bay and Christ the Redeemer from the rooftop terrace.Local exploring - Perfect for exploring the sights and sounds of Rio.Tennis - Guests can enjoy a game of tennis on the hotel's court.Surfing - Some of the nearby Rio beaches are great for surfing.
Ipanema Inn Rio de Janeiro (Ipanema) 56 rooms from £102Local markets - On the first Saturday of every month there is a gt market on Lavradio Street in Rio.Sights nearby - Explore the deactivated aquaduct of Lapa.Surfing - Five minutes walk from Ipanema Beach.Lively area - In the thick of the action.
Contemporary and chic, Ipanema Inn reflects the modern sophistication of Rio de Janeiro. The minimalist rooms feature comfortable furnishings and muted tones. Right in the heart of the city, it's perfect for exploring Rio. In the evening relax at the bar with an exotic caipirinhas. See More
Mama Ruisa Rio de Janeiro 7 rooms from £141City Style - A french chic hotel with light airy suites and fantastic views, set in a bohemian part of town close to Rio's hip nightlife.Families - The laidback host and quiet setting makes this a great hideaway for families, with a pool and plenty of room to run around.Great walks - Explore the colourful cobbled streets of Santa Teresa with its authentic Brazilian restaurants and vibrant atmosphere.Sights nearby - Visit the Christ the Redeemer for epic city views.Recommended by - I Escape, Tablet
Arpoador Rio de Janeiro (Ipanema) 50 rooms from £112Beach Life - Ipanena's beach broadwalk begins just outside the property. Complimentary beach towels, chairs and parasols are all providedOutstanding location - Not many hotels can boast prime beach access plus walking distance to the city's hottest restaurants, shops and clubsRoof terrace - Swim in the pool, drink a cocktail and take in the sunset from the property's impeccibly located rooftopSights nearby - Cococapabana beach is 10 minute walk from the property. All of Rio's main sites are accessible in 15 minutes by car
The only hotel to be located right on Rio de Janeiro's famous Ipanema beach. Friendly and welcoming staff give this fresh and contemporary 50-room property real soul. Many rooms face the sea and the ground-floor Arp beach bar and restaurant serves excellent Brazilian food in a buzzing setting. See More
Chez Georges Rio de Janeiro 9 rooms from £137Local exploring - Well positioned to access the city’s centre and the sandy beaches of Copacabana and IpanemaDesigner - A modernist design villa created by renowned architect Wladimir Alves de SouzaSights nearby - Head to the historic centre on the postcard-perfect yellow “Bonde de Santa Teresa” tramSwimming Pool - Outdoor poolRecommended by - Design Hotels
A striking boutique hotel offering a spectacular spot in Santa Teresa with epic sea views. The brutalist building has been painstakingly designed mixing polished concrete with expanses of glass and wood. Rooms are bright and spacious and overlook a lush garden. A unique and luxurious city escape. See More
Rio Atlantica Rio de Janeiro 247 rooms from £176Beach LifeCity StyleViews - Great views from hotelSights nearby - Jardim Botânico.
Casa Marques Santa Teresa Rio de Janeiro (3780 Casa 01) 6 rooms from £140Sights nearby - Rio's legendary Christ the Redeemer statue is just over a mile away-an absolute must visit!Great walks - Go trekking all over the Corcovado mountain and enjoy some breathtaking views of the cityViews - Great views from hotelSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRecommended by - Tablet
Le Chateaux Joa Rio de Janeiro (Joatinga) 5 rooms from £144Beach Life - As well as stunning ocean views, Praia da Joatinga, a beach frequented by a chic crowd, is 100 metres from the propertyHideaway - Secluded and private but with excellent views. This is where people stay who don't want to be recognisedGroups - Take over the 5 suites to enjoy the property in its entirety and make it feel like a private homeSurfing - Barra da Tijuca beach - which offers surfing and a range of watersports - is 700 metres from the property
A private residence located in the fashionable Joatinga district. Used as the set for two Brazilian soap operas, the exclusive 5-suite property designed by a famous architect in the 1970s will suit those who want sea views but plenty of privacy. Breakfast is included and a chef can be arranged. See More
Fairmont Rio de Janeiro Copacabana Rio de Janeiro (Copacabana) 388 rooms from £162Honeymoons - Perfect for couples who want to enjoy indulgent beach time but also dip into the sites at one at the city's prime addressesBeach Life - As well being situated on Copacabana, Rio's Ipanema beach is a short walk away making the location unbeatableSights nearby - Arpoador Beach and Diabo Beach are also on the doorstepViews - Great views from hotel
A luxury hotel perfectly located on Rio's Copacabana Beach. Enjoy direct access to the city's iconic beach while rooms and suites offer views over Sugar Loaf Mountain. There are two swimming pools, an extensive spa, beauty and fitness centre, restaurants and meeting and wedding facilities on-site. See More
La Suite by Dussol Rio de Janeiro (Joa) 7 rooms from £234Local exploringViews - Great views from hotelRomantic BreakLuxuryRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
Out-of-town clifftop guesthouse with celestial ocean views. Super stylish contemporary rooms with panoramic views, classic furnishings, and modern art. Infinity pool, an excellent maison d'hotes, and within striking distance of one of Rio's best kept beaches. Romantic, also family friendly. See More
Santa Teresa Rio de Janeiro (Santa Teresa) 40 rooms from £272Total relaxation - An indulgent getaway with glorious modern spa, fantastic cuisine, and unrivalled service, in an arty laid back part of town.City Style - A neo-colonial former coffee finca in Rio's boho chic Santa Teresa, exuding ethnic Brazilian swag through interiors and art.Sights nearby - Visit the Selaron Steps, one of the most iconic attractions in Rio and the work of Chilean artist Jorge Selarón.Local markets - Splugre in the trendy monthly Rio Antigo Market.Recommended by - I Escape, Tablet, Kiwi Collection, Relais & Chateaux
Bohemian chic at this luxury hotel in the enviable location of Santa Teresa. Brazilian designs combine with the utmost designer elegance - rich wooden furnishings, soft sandstone and unrivalled views from the fabulous loft suite. A very special place to stay with a wonderful restaurant. See More
Copacabana Palace Hotel Rio de Janeiro (Copacabana) 241 rooms from £3545* Luxury - Very high service standards.City StyleSights nearby - Edmundo Bittencourt Square, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro and Pasmado Viewpoint.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.
Janeiro Rio de Janeiro 53 rooms from £281Beach Life - Located on the beach in Leblon, this hotel makes a perfect choice for a luxury seaside getawayLocal exploring - With a privileged beach location, this hotel makes a great base for local exploring in RioRomantic Break - Couples love the relaxed atmosphere at this chic, adults-only hotelGreat walks - Go for a walk through the verdant Rio de Janeiro Botanical Gardens, where you can find a beautiful array of exotic plants
This stylish seaside hotel is located on the beach in Leblon, Brazil. Apartments feature crisp white linens, designer furniture and natural accents, plus sea views; book the oceanfront suite for added luxury. Sample modern takes on classic Brazilian cuisine at the restaurant; a chic beach getaway. See More
TuAkAzA Rio de Janeiro 6 rooms from £307Hideaway - A tranquil abode in a quiet corner of Rio.Sights nearby - Make the iconic trip up to Christ the Redeemer and enjoy the spectacular view.Great walks - Take a walk through the tropical Jardim Botanico.Full of character
A charming hideaway in a lush secluded setting. Just six rooms boast spectacular views from the floor to ceiling windows and private terraces. Unwind next to the infinity pool or with a drink in the cosy lounge. The ideal spot for those looking for some tranquility amidst the bustling city. See More
Emiliano Rio Rio de Janeiro (Copacabana) 90 rooms from £361Families - With family-sized suites and activities available for children, this is a good option for parents travelling with kidsBeach Life - Located on the seafront and offering beach access, this hotel is a great choice for your next seaside getawayRomantic Break - Book a luxury suite with a bathtub and hideout at this hotel on your next couples' getawayGreat walks - Take a long walk through the beautiful Rio de Janeiro Botanical Gardens, which host a spectacular array of exotic plants
This exclusive, five-star establishment combines a luxury hotel with a beach resort in Rio de Janeiro. Rooms are contemporary and bright with luxurious linens; book an ocean suite for sea views, living space and a bathtub. Have cocktails at the chic rooftop bar before dinner. A unique concept hotel. See More
Fasano Rio de Janeiro 89 rooms from £499Honeymoons - The ideal indulgent honeymoon- ocean front suites offer spectacular views and the top-notch restaurants never fail to impress.City Style - Retro inspired contemporary design with epic coastal positioning, knockout spa, wonderful cuisine and suave rooftop pool.Sights nearby - Visit the iconic Christ the Redeemer statue at the top of Corcovado.Swimming Pool - Stunning pool with sea view.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet, Kiwi Collection