Search the best hotels in Paraty
Paraty is a hidden gem to the west of Rio. Untouched beaches, cobbled streets, jungle, colonial architecture and natural parks. A diverse landscape surrounds the town and plays host to all sorts of activities. The best places to stay in and around Paraty have lots of local character, whether a boutique, eco lodge, colonial townhouse or a farmhouse in the hills, each spot has its own charisma.
What not to miss
- Snorkelling in the crystal clear ocean over the reef
- Taking a boat around a jagged peninsula to a secluded white sand beach
- Wandering the cobbled streets of Paraty Old Town, admiring colonial architecture
- Trekking through the rainforest gazing at abundant wildlife
- Fishing for the catch of the day!
This island-studded bay with its mountainous background is picture perfect! It's ideal for exploring, being at one with nature, and marvelling at the region's history through its architecture. The best places to stay in Paraty are hotels that celebrate this landscape and its history.
The best places to stay in Paraty
For the town centre
- Pousada do Oura, this 18th-century guesthouse is based right in the heart of Paraty, decorated with an abundance of colour and country furniture. While being in the centre and perfect for exploring the historical sights, it is also only a couple of minutes to the beach!
For a seaside retreat
- Casa Cairucu - a gorgeous eco lodge offering just four rooms with views over crystal blue water, a smart wooden structure on stilts, floor to ceiling glass windows, kitchen and chef on request. Fishing, diving, birdwatching. Perfect for families or groups of friends.
- Pousada Picinguaba - further down the coastline in a secluded bay with a white sand beach, chic all white rooms with wooden floors and four poster beds, huge infinity pool, fresh local produce, wildlife viewing in the surrounding jungle. Very romantic, also family friendly.
For a boutique guesthouse
- Casa Turquesa in Paraty itself - an absolutely charming colonial house, romantic bedrooms filled with artefacts, paintings, white washed walls, cerulean blue shutters and a courtyard and swimming pool. Full of character, perfect to explore Paraty from.
- Pousada Casa de Paraty is also situated in the town. With just three beautiful all-white suites, it's an intimate spot and great value too.
For total relaxation
- Fazenda Catucaba - a glorious farmhouse set in a luscious green valley, chic boutique rooms and suites, log fires, fresh local produce, fantastic chefs. Just 10 rooms and 2 small villas, each sleeping 4. Ideal for families, couples, or groups of friends.
- Pousada Bromelias is based in the rainforest just outside Paraty. With individual bungalows, this really feels like a well hidden jungle gem! It is also great for a romantic getaway.
For an apartment or villa
- If you've decided that a self catering property would be more suitable for your holiday, then we recommend you visit our online booking partner Booking.com where they have a wide selection for all tastes and budgets.
- Paraty is a 4.5-hour transfer from Rio de Janiero or a 6-7 hour drive from Sau Paulo.
- June to September are the driest months, with temperatures varying from 20-18 degrees. Other months are hotter but expect much more rain!
- If you wish to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our pick of the best places to stay in Paraty
- Expand your search to include our recommendations in Sao Paulo or Rio de Janeiro
- Or contact a Guru for more info!
Best Hotels in Paraty
Pousada Casa de Paraty 3 rooms from £88Rio de Janeiro, Paraty
An adorable boutique guesthouse in historic Paraty. Just three suites have white washed walls and private patios. Fantastic breakfasts and access to all the beaches, waterfalls, and rainforest activities around. Ideal for families, excellent value, lots to do.FamiliesSailing - Dona Geralda schooner.Sights nearby - Forte Defensor.Back to NatureRecommended by - I Escape
Pousada do Sandi 28 rooms from £106Paraty
This luxury hotel is located in a colonial-era property in the historic centre of Paraty. Choose from bright rooms, suites or private apartments featuring comfortable beds, traditional linens and local artwork; book the master suite for living space and a balcony. Unwind at the spa; a charming stay.Romantic Break - Book the master suite for added indulgence on your next romantic getaway, with a beautiful living room and balconyLocal exploring - With a central location close to Paraty's main attractions, this hotel is a great base for local exploringCity Style - Located in a 300-year old property in Paraty, this hotel boasts lots of chic local styleSights nearby - Visit the Chapel of Our Lady of Sorrows, a historic, landmark church located a stone's throw from the hotel
Pousada do Ouro 27 rooms from £117Paraty
This 18th century house is situated in the centre of historic Paraty. Rooms are full of colour and decorated with country furniture. Wake up each morning to a large buffet breakfast. A charming and friendly stay in a great spot.Total relaxation - After a day spent sunbathing treat yourself to a massage from their Shambala Spa to truly unwindLocal exploring - Make the most out of the hotel's central location to get to know historic ParatyBeach Life - The property is located just 3 minutes away from the beach.Sailing - There are plenty of boat tours offered locally for those looking to head out to sea
Pousada Bromelias 10 rooms from £140Paraty
Pousada Bromelias is situated in a tropical rainforest a few miles outside coastal Paraty. It features rustic and chic individual bungalows which are located far enough apart to create a real sense of privacy. Escape into another world at this truly unique and unforgettable jungle hideout.Romantic Break - Pousada Bromelia's lush tropical surroundings, individual bungalows and peaceful atmosphere make it perfect for a romantic tripTotal relaxation - Lounge by the pool or even book yourself a massage to truly unwindGreat walks - Set off through the rainforest exploring its diverse ecosystem and wander up the mountains to appreciate some fabulous viewsBirdwatching - Head off with a local guide who can help you find up to 150 species of birds in the area!
Casa Mar Paraty 8 rooms from £180Paraty
This luxury guesthouse sits in the picturesque fishing village of Paraty in Brazil. Suites bring guests closer to nature with bamboo ceilings and wooden concertina doors that offer views of the verdant gardens; book a luxury suite for a spa bath. Unwind in the infinity pool; a chic beach bolt-hole.Local exploring - Located a short walk from the historic centre of Paraty, this hotel is in a great location for local exploringBeach Life - Situated just a few minutes from the beach, this hotel makes a great seaside escapeHideaway - With just 8 rooms, this boutique guesthouse makes for an intimate beach bolt-holeSights nearby - Visit Araujo Island on a guided tour during your stay; the island is the second largest in the Paraty BayRecommended by - Tablet
Casa Turquesa 9 rooms from £293Rio de Janeiro, Paraty
A gorgeous boutique guesthouse in the colonial town of Paraty. Chic all white suites with splashes of cerulean blue, private balconies, and bay views. Lovely courtyard and swimming pool. Perfect for local sightseeing, birdwatching, swimming and snorkelling.Sights nearby - Paraty is a UNESCO site with colonial architecture.Birdwatching - Serra da Bocaina National Park.Restrictions on children - Over 14s welcome.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRecommended by - I Escape
Pousada Literaria 23 rooms from £230Paraty
This hotel is located in a restored, colonial-era mansion in the historic centre of Paraty, Brazil. Choose from contemporary suites or villas with king-size beds and a spacious living area; book the Aurora Street Villa for a private internal garden. Dine at the charming restaurant; a refined hotel.City Style - Located in a heritage property in the heart of Paraty, this hotel has lots of local styleRomantic Break - Couples love the hotel's cosy, 600-thread count sheets and spacious king-size bedsLocal exploring - With a central location in Paraty, this hotel is a great base for local exploringSights nearby - Visit the Chapel of Our Lady of Sorrows, a historic, whitewashed church in the centre of Paraty, a short walk from the hotel