- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Andros Island
About Andros Island
Largest of the Bahaman islands - by far - Andros is a wonderful expanse of mangrove estuaries connecting hundreds of tiny cays and inlets. Despite being the largest land mass, Andros Island feels a bit primordial with greatswathes of forests, vast underwater cave systems and gorgeous reefs just off shore. The best places to stay in Andros Island tend to be both luxurious and private and great for divers.
The Bahaman Tourist Board markets Andros Island as the least explored island in the chain, it's also the most biodiverse and local folk call it ' The Big Yard'. As well as wetlands, palm forest and mangrove swamps, Andros also has pine forests - well it's technically in the Atlantic Ocean. And the diversity of wildlife is just as impressive as the diversity of wilderness. Andros Island's reefs - it has the third largest barrier reef in the world - are home to a huge range of impressive and beautiful marine life and on land there's a myriad of birdlife.
What not to miss
- Some of the best diving and snrokelling can be found in this area of the Caribbean
- Explore the Blue Holes National Park
Some of the best places to stay in Andros are perfect for relaxing, while some are better for the more adventurous traveller.
The best places to stay in Andros Island
For a beach resort
- Tiamo is a luxurious beach resort on South Andros Island. Its thirteen cottages are decorated in contemporary eco-chic style with wooden floors, large private terraces and slick bathrooms. Direct beach access, sublime fusion cuisine, gym and spa. Secluded paradise!
- Kamalame Cay is a luxurious beach resort with 100 of its own beautiful private acres. The villas are secluded and elegant with lovely, private, ocean view terraces and they're well geared up for romance. There is the the opportunity for sunset cocktails, picnic excursions and a spa with a glass bottom allowing you to see the fish!
For an active holiday
- Small Hope Bay is a collection of 21 ocean front cottages closer to Andros Town. The decor is colourful and tropical, so it feels every bit the island escape. They have a private beach, a games room, library and a great Bahaman restaurant and lounge bar - and it's all surrounded by lush gardens. This is a great hotel if you want an active island break - they offer kayaking and fishing and of course diving.
For an apartment or villa
- If you've decided that a self catering property would be more suitable for your holiday, then we recommend you visit our online booking partner Booking.com where they have a wide selection for all tastes and budgets.
- The Andros Town Airport has flights daily from Nassau connecting with the other countries from around the globe.
- Between November and April is the best of year to visit if you want the least amount of rain to disrupt your stay! With temperatures also ranging from 20-25 degrees.
- If you wish to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Andros Island
Tiamo 13 rooms from £614South Andros Island, Bahamas
Romantic beach resort. The cottages are decorated in contemporary eco style with wooden floors, large private terraces and slick stone bathrooms. Outdoor pool, gym, spa, library and beach access. Sublime Caribbean fusion menu, with emphasis on locally sourced. Secluded, quiet and picturesque.Exclusive offer - Stay 5 nights – pay 4 night onlyRomantic Break - Secluded cottages on the beach, some with private pools, with spa treatments, hammock dozing and snorkelling minutes awayFishing - Tiamo has its own fully equipped 28ft World Cat Boat which makes blue water fishing fun and easily accessible from the resortBirdwatching - See how many of the island’s 330 bird species you can identifySailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - Tablet, Small Luxury Hotels
Small Hope Bay 21 rooms from £399Andros Island, Bahamas
Ocean front cottages. Colourful rooms feature tropical print fabrics, Andros pine furniture and private patios. Lush gardens, private beach, games room and library. Great Bahamian and international menus, sociable bar lounge. For diving and fishing enthusiasts, this is the one for you.Families - Kayaking and fishing are popular with children, and for the adults there are plenty of hammocks and shady nooks to read fromActive Holiday - Renowned hotel for scuba diving - with guided trips, numerous spots nearby and plenty of challenges for experiend diversAll inclusiveDiving - Ask about specialty trips, including blue hole dives and wall dives to 185ftRecommended by - Fodors
Kamalame Cay from £312Andros Island, Bahamas
Private island luxury beach resort in 100 acres. Elegant rooms feature private terraces, high beamed ceilings, nautical touches and huge bathrooms. Outdoor heated pool, tennis court and ocean front spa. Fantastic Caribbean cuisine, and two breezy beach bars. Luxurious, exclusive and laid back.Romantic Break - Very secluded villas, spa with glass bottom to view the fish, sunset cocktails and picnic excursionsSights nearby - Take a pre-booked picnic lunch (arranged the day before) on your own deserted islandKayaking - Explore the mangroves at the back of the Cay at high tide by KayakFishing - Go looking for local fish on the 32ft RegulatorRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Fodors