Search the best hotels in Bahamas
A fabulous archipelago of 700 islands — or 2000+ if you count the little coral cays — the Bahamas are famed as a white-sand Caribbean paradise with a dramatic history of pirates, smugglers and explorers. There is a tremendous range of accommodation options to choose from, including simple guesthouses ideal for divers and anglers, luxurious honeymoon hideaways and fun, family-friendly resorts. The best places to stay in the Bahamas are spread across a hugely diverse array of islands, too, making this Caribbean nation all the more fascinating.
Some of our Bahamas Collections:
- The Best 5 Star Hotels in The Bahamas
- The Best Luxury Hotels in The Bahamas
- The Best Hotels for Families in The Bahamas
- The Best Hotels for Couples in The Bahamas
- The Best All Inclusive Hotels in The Bahamas
Glittering Nassau, the capital of the Bahamas, is set on New Providence Island. Home to the majority of the Bahamian population, the city has a wonderful buzz and bustle, with heaps of history as well as some of the region’s most illustrious old hotels. If you’re keen to delve into the area’s British history — dating back to the seventeenth century — as well as to enjoy a hip café, restaurant and bar scene, Nassau’s the place to pick. Grand Bahama too, has a lively feel and varied collection of hotels and resorts, as well as white sand beaches, great snorkelling and heaps to see and do. Just 55 miles from Florida, the island has a more American influence — including diners and malls — but there are also lovely local markets, botanical gardens and impressive National Parks. Grand Bahama’s long, narrow shape also means that much of the island is coastline, perfect for beachfront stays and well-suited to active families.
For diving and sailing, head to the Abaco Islands, where you’ll find caves and atolls linked by spectacular reefs. Whilst most of the islands in the group are too small to stay on, there are some very special hotels on Great Abaco and Little Abaco, as well as romantic retreats on select private islands, too. Hikers and divers will also adore Andros, the largest and least explored of the Bahamian islands. Brimming with palm forests, wetlands and mangroves, as well as underwater caves and the world’s third largest barrier reef, the island is a real biodiversity hub. Long Island and Cat Island are brilliant picks for outdoorsy explorers, too. If you’re dreaming of total relaxation, on the other hand, head to gorgeous Eleuthera or the 365 islands and cays of the Exumas, ideal for island-hopping and the ultimate barefoot luxury escapes.
Whether you’re into trendy shopping and chic eateries, world-class diving or low-key hideaways on secluded coves, the Bahamas has it all. This a popular region for good reason, too. Book your trip well in advance if you plan to visit over Christmas and New Year — the best places to stay in the Bahamas fill up fast!
The Best Places to Stay in the Bahamas
For Luxurious Opulence
- The Ocean Club, a splendid Four Seasons resort, has been the ultimate Bahamian showstopper since it opened in 1962. Think seamless service, glorious style and heaps to see and do on the hotel's 45-acre estate, as well as in Nassau itself. Play a round of golf or a game of tennis, and laze about on the beach before chilling out at the spa or diving on the reef. Also boasting gourmet fare, this is a lavish choice for families or couples dreaming of the pinnacle of Caribbean indulgence.
- Kamalame Cay is a gorgeous collection of 20 villas dotted around a 97-acre private island. Pick this property for its unique location, laid-back charm, classic luxury interiors — expect thatched hideaways with huge bathrooms and private terraces — as well as the only overwater spa in the Bahamas. Enjoy everything from tennis to kayaking, diving, snorkelling or sailing, and kick back at one of two breezy beach bars for magical island evenings. Accessible only by private seaplane or ferry, the property is just a mile from the world's third-largest barrier reef. A top spot for couples or families.
For old-school Nassau
- Graycliff Hotel is set in a charming colonial building, nestled within lush gardens. Pick this property for its opulent antique furnishings, including big four-poster beds, and wonderfully rare in-town location. There are two outdoor pools, a gym and a spa, as well as an excellent Bahamian restaurant with vast wine cellars and a boutique cigar company. Old-school style for history buffs looking to explore Nassau.
For Boutique Bliss
- The Island House promises glorious Eastern interiors in a lush Nassau setting, ideal for hip, wellness-focused travellers. The Bamford Spa, fitness suite and yoga classes are a real highlight. When you're not at the spa, there's a 48-seat arthouse cinema, an eclectic selection of bars and eateries, an inviting pool and easy beach access. Book either a room or a self-catering apartment. Very cool.
- Club Peace & Plenty is a serene choice for active travellers in Great Exuma. The converted historic house boasts 32 rooms, and is set right on the water in George Town, alongside its own private beach club. Chic, minimalist rooms will appeal to lovers of stylish design, whilst there's sailing, fishing and water-sports aplenty, too.
- The Landing is a hip, India Hicks-designed boutique pad on Harbour Island. Expect 13 characterful, plantation-style rooms in a 200-year-old heritage house, a generous wine cellar and delicious dishes crafted by Chef Madelene Pedican in the world-class restaurant. A quirky choice for explorers.
- Coral Sands is a striking seaside hotel set on nine beautiful acres of gardens just outside Dunmore Town on Harbour Island. There are three miles of white sand on your doorstep, as well as 39 elegant rooms and suites featuring cool tiled floors and dark wood furniture. Stroll from the pool to the library, the billiards room and the superb French-Bahamian restaurant. A charming boutique choice.
- The Ocean View Club is a lovely beach property on Eleuthera's Harbour Island. Family-run, small and relaxed, this is a brilliant spot to unwind amidst marvellous design in a tented cottage or room just steps from the sand. Dunmore Town is nearby for those eager to explore. A laid-back pick for romantic couples or families who will appreciate a chilled vibe and fabulous interiors.
- Bahama House is an eleven-room plantation house retreat in the heart of Harbour Island's Dunmore Town. Spacious, individually decorated guestrooms feature four-poster beds and quirky artwork, plus there's a freshwater pool and hand-crafted tiki bar for an evening rum punch or two. There are heaps of lovely eateries in the area. An intimate heritage stay for couples.
- The Other Side has to be the most glamorous glamping escape in the Caribbean. This gem features immaculate tents and 'shacks', complete with hardwood floors, contemporary four-posters, Berber-style rugs and indulgent touches. Add the seclusion of a private island (near Eleuthera) and you're in romantic perfection. Don't forget the games tent, yoga and fabulous beach bar.
- The Cove Eleuthera offers cool, contemporary rooms and villas for style-conscious couples in a brilliant beachfront setting. Stay here for the soothing spa, delectable organic dishes and the imposing hilltop infinity pool. Peaceful and featuring a plethora of quirky activities, including paddle boarding, horse riding, garden tours and swimming with pigs, this is a wonderfully tranquil choice.
- The Cove Atlantis is the ultimate family resort with its own cinema, casino, beach, water park, an 18-hole golf course, water-sports, art classes and more. A huge high-rise on Nassau, the property promises a plethora of dining options, as well as smart bedrooms with impressive sea views. There are great kids clubs, too. Big, bold and full of activities.
- Fernandez Bay Village, on Cat Island, offers cute, characterful beachfront cottages featuring stone walls, bamboo furniture and private patios. There's stacks of space for the whole family, well-equipped kitchens and you're just steps from the beach. Savour fabulous food at the hotel's relaxed eatery and sip cracking cocktails at the popular tiki bar after days out on the water. The complimentary kayaks, paddle boards and bicycles are a lovely touch. A fun, family-friendly hideaway.
- Old Bahama Bay is a Grand Bahama classic. Book a two-bedroom suite or adjoining rooms if travelling as a family, and throw yourselves into myriad activities, including great water-sports and an excellent kids club. Comfortable, traditional rooms are housed in brightly-painted wooden buildings on lawns just back from the beach, with big verandahs. There's a terrific seafood spot and BBQ beach bar, too.
- Pink Sands features 25 effortlessly chic rooms, suites and villas set along a superb pink sand beach on Harbour Island. The two-bedroom cottages and villas are ideal for families, and little ones will adore exploring the 26 acres of gardens, building sand castles on the beach, playing tennis or sampling the many water-sports. The slick bar and locally-sourced menu of outstanding dishes at the restaurant will be a sure-fire hit with the grown-ups! Small and luxurious.
- Cape Santa Maria is an inviting Long Island hideway for active couples or families. Book a villa for space for the whole team, and soak up the sun by the pool, at the beach or out on the water with sailing, fishing and water-sports aplenty. There's a fun beach bar, a great gym and a spa for top-notch massages, too. The vibe is easygoing and family-friendly, and the setting spectacular.
- Green Turtle Club and Marina is a secluded waterfront spot, ideal for sailors looking to explore the Abaco Islands. Villas offer up to three bedrooms — well-suited families or small groups — and there's an appealing pool to relax by, as well as ace cocktails and fresh seasonal fare at the The Yacht Club Pub.
- Staniel Cay Yacht Club, in the Exumas, is a collection of 14 pretty beach cottages painted a whole host of lively shades. Expect a laid-back, barefoot feel, with wooden floors, rain showers and large, traditional verandahs. There's an outdoor pool, easy access to the marina, and a great Bahamian eatery. For relaxed families and sailors.
For Great Value
- Chez Pierre is a collection of six rustic cottages on a deserted Long Island beach. Think huge balconies for uninterrupted sea views, tropical printed decor and a superb seafood restaurant. One for travellers eager to make the most of the beach and the sea. Very affordable.
- Compass Point Hotel is a funky collection of brightly-painted beachfront apartments in Nassau. Quirky and cheerful, with bold exteriors and white shutters, the 18 wooden hideaways include little kitchens, pretty sea-facing balconies and access to an outdoor pool, hot tub and cool oceanfront bar. There's a fantastic Bahamian/International restaurant onsite too. A lively, affordable choice for a Nassau stay.
- Greenwood Beach Resort is a pretty, old-fashioned beach hotel with 18 rooms featuring tropical prints and bamboo or rattan furnishings, on Cat Island. Secluded, low-key and excellent value, this seaside base also has a little restaurant serving local specialities and a friendly beach bar. Fun for couples, friends or families.
For an Apartment or Villa
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Nassau's Lynden Pindling International Airport, the largest in the Bahamas, and take a short flight to neighbouring islands from there — or travel by boat for something a little bit different! There are also regular international flights to Grand Bahama International Airport and Exuma International Airport.
- There's so much to see in the Bahamas! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Travel between November and mid-April for warm, dry weather. The hurricane season — July to October — is best avoided. The further south you venture, the more tropical the islands' climate becomes, due to their proximity to the Tropic of Cancer, so it's worth looking into the weather for your specific destination before you book your trip.
Still not sure?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Nassau.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in the Caribbean.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Bahamas
Best Hotels in Bahamas
Bell Channel Inn Grand Bahama Island, Bahamas 32 rooms from £77Active Holiday - Extensive scuba dive packages available from in-house dive shop, as well as fishing, kayaking and snorkellingFishing - Fishing trips from hotel; cook the catch in hotel afterwardsDiving - Full dive shop within hotelSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Recommended by - Fodors
Charming hotel on the beach on Grand Bahama Island. Simple rooms have balconies, tiled floors and some with small kitchenettes. Outdoor pool, garden and dive shop. Good seafood menu and buzzing bar with live music. For location and amenities, ideal for those wanting to learn or improve diving. See More
Greenwood Beach Resort Bahamas 18 rooms from £101Hideaway - 8 miles of almost empty beach on the doorstep, low key atmosphere, hammocks and pool to cool offDiving - More than twelve miles of unlimited wall diving sites along the southern coast aloneSights nearby - Port Howe and Bains Town, only 10 to 30 minutes away from the resortKayaking - Complimentary hotel kayaksRecommended by - Fodors
Pretty, colourful beachfront hotel. Rooms are spread across the gardens, and interiors are decorated with white washed walls, bamboo furniture and patios. Outdoor pool, direct beach access. Restaurant serving local cuisine and beach front bar. Secluded, idyllic and great for divers. See More
Orange Hill Beach Inn Nassau, Bahamas 33 rooms from £108Families - Laid back atmosphere, large outdoor pool, beach access and small kitchens in studiosDiving - More than a dozen shipwrecks, underwater movie sites, beautiful coral reefsGreat walks - Through Nassau Botanical GardensTraditionalRecommended by - Fodors
Abaco inn Bahamas 14 rooms from £117Beach Life - The reefs and waters surrounding hotel are outstanding for surfing, snorkelling and fishingGroups - Suites with kitchens, enormous wrap-around balconies, lounges and lively barFishing - Abaco Inn offers our Fisherman’s Catch – a service allowing you to enjoy a dinner of your own catch prepared for you by the chefSurfing - Hotel beach waters offers one of the best breaks in all of Abaco; surf shops nearbyRecommended by - Fodors
Lovely beachfront resort on Abaco. Rooms have tropical print fabrics, hammocks and large balconies. Outdoor pool and manicured gardens, beach access. Villas have kitchens. Outstanding seafood cuisine and sunset-facing ambient bar. Plethora of watersports on the doorstep; great choice for groups. See More
Chez Pierre Long Island, Bahamas 6 rooms from £121Beach Life - Bungalows on stilts situated right on the beach, with superb low key restaurant, friendly tours and deserted beachRestaurant - Ocean front restaurant serving Caribbean and Continental cuisineFishing - With local guide Lockley CartwrightDiving - At Rum cay and San SalvadorRecommended by - Fodors
Pelican Bay Grand Bahama Island, Bahamas 186 rooms from £124Romantic Break - Waterfront suites with outdoor rain showers, dolphin excursions, white sand beach and spa treatmentsSights nearby - 25-minute car ride away, Gold Rock Creek Beach has been consistently rated as one of the top beaches in the worldLocal markets - Port Lucaya MarketplaceGreat walks - In Garden of the GrovesRecommended by - Fodors
Elegant hotel just metres from the beach on Grand Bahama Island. Rooms have an eco feel, with tiled floors, mahogany four posters, and characterful extras. Three outdoor pools, spa, gardens. Tropical fusion menus, and ambient outdoor bar. Romantic, laid-back and excellent location. See More
Seascape Inn South Andros, Bahamas 5 rooms from £124Hideaway - Very low key atmosphere and no frills area, with just the cabins, the beach and wildlife to enjoyFishing - Hotel can provide you with names of independent bonefishing guides who can take you out for the dayGreat walks - There is an in-land blue hole you can reach on your own or you can hire a guideBirdwatching - Mangrove Cay enjoys an abundance of both resident and migratory birdsRecommended by - Fodors
Rustic beach front cottages. Decor is charming with wooden floors and beamed ceilings, private verandahs and ocean views. Excellent international menu in the friendly restaurant and bar. Gardens with an abundance of wildlife surround this secluded and peaceful hideaway hotel. See More
Ocean West Hotel Nassau 10 rooms from £132Total relaxation - A great spot to base yourself for relaxed days by the pool or heading out to local beachesRomantic Break - Quiet grown-up feel is perfect for romantic tripsViews - Perfectly situated: enjoy views over Lake Killarney to the south & the Atlantic Ocean to the northSwimming Pool - Stylish outdoor pool with large sun terraces channels glam Miami vibes
Intimate colonial-inspired boutique property with an impressive location steps from the beach. With the feel of a private villa, rooms decorated in Caribbean style have a homely feel. As well as a sexy pool, bar & restaurant, the amazing views from every direction steal the show. Fab for couples. See More
Pineapple Fields Eleuthera Island, Bahamas from £133Hideaway - Make yourself feel at home in your Caribbean villa with incredible views, welcoming decor and activities just on the doorstepFamilies - Full kitchen, dining and living areas in the villas, along with laundry facilities. Massages available for adultsFishing - The many flats up and down the Island are perfect hunting grounds for the elusive bone fishSailing - With two full-service marinas it’s easy to charter a boatRecommended by - Fodors
Staniel Cay Yacht Club Bahamas 14 rooms from £144Local exploring - Staniel Cay has its own marina, and extensive boat tours and fishing trips, as well as local wildlifeKayaking - All guests with a lodging package receive complimentary access to a Stand-Up Paddle BoardFishing - Fishing trips as well as half-day or day-long excursions and conch expeditionsSights nearby - Visit nearby islands Exuma Cays Land and Sea ParkRecommended by - Frommers, Fodors
Pretty colourful cottages on the beach. Interiors are barefoot-boutique with rainfall showers, wooden floors, large verandahs and modern bathrooms. Outdoor pool, gardens and marina access. Tasty Bahamian cuisine and relaxed beach bar. Superb spot to explore the islands from, and family friendly. See More
Green Turtle Club & Marina Abaco, Bahamas 30 rooms from £148Hideaway - Although only a 15 minute ferry ride, the island feels secluded, with bird filled mangroves and coral reefs to yourselfBirdwatching - Bahama Yellow-Throat, Cuban Emerald Hummingbird, Red-legged Thrush, Olive-capped WarblerFull of characterSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Mika's Resort Colebrooke Dale, Eleuthera 5 rooms from £152Groups - With just five accommodation options and a community feel - this is a great option for groups of friendsBeach Life - A beachfront hotel in Governor's Harbour, step down from your casita right into powder white sandsRomantic Break - A small hotel with secluded accommodation giving plenty of privacy for a romantic hideawayKayaking - Use the hotel's kayaks to explore the coast from the sea
A small modern hotel boasting an enviable location right on the beach in Governor's Harbour. Vibrantly designed casitas are stark white with fun splashes of turquoise and pink. A community kitchen and large terraces for outdoor dining make this a great choice for groups. An intimate beach hideaway. See More
Compass Point Hotel Nassau, Bahamas 18 rooms from £172Beach Life - Colourful clapperboard suites, with an idllyic beach, activities within walking distanceFishing - Hotel can organise boat charter to trawl the deep seas for a prized marlinFull of characterRestaurant - Recommended.
Cape Santa Maria Long Island, Bahamas from £183Romantic Break - Enormous balconies with sofas to catch the perfect sunset, nature kayak tours, couples massage and in room hot tubsDiving - All scuba diving expeditions at Cape Santa Maria use leading edge equipment, and are led by an experienced dive crewFishing - For a deep sea adventure, fishing excursions are available with experienced, professional guidesSights nearby - Christopher Columbus monumentRecommended by - Fodors
Hut Pointe Inn Eleuthera Island, Bahamas from £191Families - Large suites are ideal for families, as are the near-empty surrounding beaches, live local music and sailing tripsSights nearby - The cavernous Preacher’s Cave provided shelter for the first European settlers of Eleuthera, and served as their first churchDiving - The Devil’s Backbone, a popular dive, is a large coral formation notorious for wrecking shipsLocal markets - Pam’s Island Made Gift Shop, featuring local handicrafts
Coral Sands Harbour Island 39 rooms from £195Beach Life - Three miles of white sand, multitude of watersports from the doorstep, candle lit beach dining and chic decked sun terracesSailing - From Fisherman's Dock and Government DockTennis - Floodlit courts in the gardensSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Recommended by - Fodors, Kiwi Collection
Fernandez Bay Village Bahamas 18 rooms from £198Families - Villas are ideal for families, with big modern kitchens, spacious living rooms, plenty of bedrooms and garden spaceFishing - The waters surrounding Cat Island are home to a variety of blue water game fish, including, but not limited to, Wahoo, Mahi MahiSailing - Thirteen foot Boston Whalers can be rented without a captain for exploring nearby beachesSights nearby - The legends surrounding the Blue Holes of Cat Island make them a curious attractionRecommended by - Fodors
Cape Eleuthera Resort & Marina Freetown, Eleuthera 14 rooms from £209Families - Spacious two-bedroom villas sleep up to six. Fully-equipped kitchens and local groceries make this an affordable optionTotal relaxation - The perfect balance of a beautiful setting to relax and plenty of activities should you wish to venture outBeach Life - Enjoy tranquil days on the resort's three private white-sand beaches; Sunrise, Sunset and Fourth HoleRestaurant - Dine at Harbour Pointe Restaurant and Barracuda's Bar and enjoy stunning views. They'll cook whatever you've caught that day!
Waterfront resort and private marina comprising of self-catering one-bed cottages and two-bed villas; the latter come with full kitchens, homely living areas and sea-view balconies. With three private beaches, a pool surrounded by the sea on all sides, this delivers desert island fantasies. See More
Old Bahama Bay Grand Bahama Island, Bahamas 73 rooms from £211Families - Excellent kids club and beach activities, spa for adults, and island tours suitable for all agesDiving - On-site Stuart Cove Dive Center offers Tiger Shark Dives at world famous Tiger BeachLocal markets - The Port Lucaya MarketplaceTennis - Two courts on siteRecommended by - Fodors
Club Peace & Plenty Great Exuma Island, Exumas 32 rooms from £212Local exploring - Expect a wide range of excursions from this prime location, such as Stocking IslandBeach Life - Boasting an enviable beach location topped off by the property's Beach ClubFishing - At the Bonefishing School, you can learn how to use a fly rod from a flat bottomed boatSailing - Boats can be hired through the property to explore the islands at your own pace
An historic house, turned into a chic beachside resort, offering luxurious accommodation and an unbeatable Caribbean setting. Light rooms are simply styled with whitewashed walls, unpolished wooden furniture and large terraces with sea views. Just a stroll from the beach, this is an indulgent stay. See More
Sky Beach Club Eleuthera Island, Bahamas from £230Beach Life - Stunning beach front villas, with enormous windows and verandahs, plenty of sea activities and superb seafood diningDiving - The Devil’s Backbone is a large coral formation off North Eleuthera, notorious for wrecking shipsSights nearby - Spanish Wells fishing villageOn the beach - Private beachRecommended by - Fodors
Paradise Bay Bahamas Farmerʼs Hill, Exumas 13 rooms from £232Families - Families will feel at home in the two-bedroom villas. Decorated in a more cosy style, there's plenty of space and home comfortsTotal relaxation - Idyllic location to spend time doing very little; rotate between a picture-perfect beach, delightful pools and a fun beach barBeach Life - The only property located on a stunning stretch of white sand beach and turquoise waters, home to a protected coral reefHoneymoons - Ocean Front Cottages are located 20m from the sea; jump out of bed and directly into the turquoise water
A cluster of one & two-bedroom bungalows with private terraces set on a stunning white-sand beach. Painted in pretty pastel shades, rooms are decorated with simple beach-hut furnishings and nautical tones. Two pools and a restaurant & bar ensure all you need is on-site. Charmingly rustic beach stay. See More
The Landing Harbour Island 13 rooms from £233Beach Life - Located just a short walk from the pristine beaches of Harbour IslandHoneymoons - This elegant island getaway is the perfect destination for newlywedsFamilies - The Landing is welcoming to families with large family roomsDiving - Local dive shops across the island offer equipment and certification, find out why this is one of the world's best diving spotsRecommended by - Tablet
A stylish hotel set in a 19th-century house blending plantation style with contemporary Caribbean chic. Rooms are elegantly designed with mahogany furniture and linen sheets, and come with ocean views. Chef Madelene Pedican curated the restaurant's world-class menu and the wine list is extensive. See More
SLS Baha Mar Nassau 299 rooms from £238Groups - Perfect for hen & stag dos or groups of friends looking for a fun time in stunning setting; endless entertainment in guaranteedFamilies - Kid's club, endless activities, babysitting, beach, pools and multi-room residences ensure the whole family has a perfect stayBeach Life - Direct access to white sand beach and turquoise water at Baha Beach Club, located at the end of famous Cable BeachSwimming Pool - Three outdoor pools - including slick sea-facing infinity and lagoon-style experience - are complimented with kid's only pool
Luxury beach resort with all the trimmings. Glossy rooms and sleek Miami-style residences boasting epic sea views appeal to families, friends and couples. Endless amenities and activities include beach club, spa, pools, casinos and multiple dining options. Las Vegas vibes in Caribbean setting. See More
Runaway Hill Club Harbour Island 8 rooms from £254Beach Life - Chic interiors, turquoise pool overlooking the ocean, fishing trips and dive from the beach itselfRestaurant - Bahamian and international cuisine with an emphasis on fresh locally grown ingredients and seafood.Fishing - During your stay at Runaway Hill Inn, you can reserve a fishing adventure with Captain Rich HelmuthSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Recommended by - Fodors
Graycliff Hotel Nassau, Bahamas 20 rooms from £254Quirky - In this 200 plus year old mansion, find antiques, a cellar filled with thousands of bottles of wine, and a working cigar factorySights nearby - Hotel overlooks the Government House in the centre of Nassau.Great walks - Around town from Rawson SquareFull of character
Characterful 5* hotel in town centre. Rooms have antiques, opulent fabrics, chandeliers and four poster beds. Two outdoor pools, gym, spa treatments, gardens and sun terrace. Excellent Bahamian cuisine, extensive wine cellars and cigar factory. Unusual, luxurious and unique. See More
The Ocean View Club Harbour Island 9 rooms from £293Beach Life - Perched on the iconic pink sands of the Bahamas, Ocean View Club is deserving of its name with gorgeous views of the AtlanticWeddings - Get married in paradise, The Ocean View Club can arrange the perfect ceremony on the beachDiving - The Bahamas is home to some of the world's best diving spotsGreat walks - Explore the surrounding Bahamas and Dunmore town on foot
Rock House Harbour Island 10 rooms from £304Beach Life - Orchid gardens surround the poolside daybeds, picnic baskets are filled for beach trips and Pink Sand beach is on the doorstepGreat walks - With the hotel's personalised packed picnic basketsRestaurant - Highly recommended restaurantDiving - Valentine’s Dive CenterRecommended by - Fodors
Ocean Tally Upper Bogue, Eleuthera 3 rooms from £332Beach Life - Step right from your cottage's terrace onto a beautiful stretch of white sand beach - barefoot luxury at its bestGroups - With just three cottages, this is a great option to rent out in its entiretySailing - Charter a sailboat cruise for the day or hire your own boat and explore the island's beachesFishing - Go deep sea fishing with a famed local captain
The Island House Nassau 30 rooms from £337Total relaxation - Relax into a state of near-jelly- with extensive spa treatments, indulgent dinners, endless cocktails and tropical viewsTennis - Let your competitive side out on the squash or paddle tennis courtsSecluded setting - For escaping.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
An elegant island retreat for the sophisticated traveller, far from the tourist crowds of Nassau. Simple chic Eastern style architecture is set off by earthy bamboos, custom-made wood furniture, neutral tones and stunning tropical gardens. The spa and fitness facilities are the best on the island. See More
Firefly Sunset Resort The Abacos Islands, Abaco Islands 7 rooms from £340Honeymoons - Romantic honeymoon suite features its own plunge pool & its stunning suspended oceanfront location offers incredible sea viewsFamilies - Two, three & four bedroom cottages suit all types of families & groups - an especially great choice for multi-gen breaksBeach Life - An idyllic, sheltered & secluded spot for days filled with sun, sand & sea - there's really no need to leave the resortSights nearby - Dating from 1862, no trip to the island is complete without a visit to the candy-striped Elbow Reef Lighthouse in Hope TownRecommended by - Fodors
Intimate beach resort that combines the benefits of holiday rentals with amenities of a boutique hotel. Self-catered colonial-style cottages feature contemporary chic yet cosy interiors. There's a lively restaurant, bar, two pools & plenty of watersports. A great choice for couples & families alike. See More
The Dunmore Harbour Island 19 rooms from £367Total relaxation - Lounge by the pool, stroll to one of the nearby beach restaurants, and sip rum cocktails - life here is perfectly slowBeach Life - Located right on Pink Sands Beach, a picture perfect Caribbean stretch of sandRestaurant - An informal restaurant serving exceptionally good (but unfussy) cuisineFishing - There's an option of reef fishing or big game fishing
An oldie but a real classic. This Harbour Island hotel offers guests a secluded stay with casual luxury. Rooms are set in low-rise cottages and have a distinctly Caribbean feel with whirring fans and pops of candy colours. Complete with a superb restaurant, pool, friendly service and beach access. See More
Valentines Resort & Marina Eleuthera, Harbour Island 41 rooms from £382Families - With accommodation of various sizes, babysitting, and plenty of activities for children - this is an idyllic family destinationTotal relaxation - With an expansive spa, bars, restaurants, a beach, and pool - there is hardly a need to leave all holiday!Restaurant - A choice of two restaurants (one serving Bahamian classics and the other a grill) and a coffee houseDiving - A scuba centre can accommodate beginners, children, and experienced guests
A luxury resort located on arguably Harbour Island's best beach, Pink Sand Beach. Elegant suites and villas are traditionally designed with hardwood floors, whirring fans, and antique-style furniture. Well suited to families with several restaurants, a large pool, and endless activities. See More
Pink Sands Harbour Island 25 rooms from £386Romantic Break - Fragrant jasmine grown throughout hotel gardens, opulent bedrooms, private terraces and romantic diningSailing - Plenty of day trips from Fisherman's Dock and Government DockBirdwatching - Surrounding gardens are a bird sanctuaryTennis - Two courts in the gardensRecommended by - Fodors, Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Sumptuous beach front resort. The cottage interiors have mahogany furniture, wooden floors and shutters and lovely private decks. Outdoor pool, gym, 26-acre garden, private beach and library. Superb locally sourced menu, slick bar with wow-factor chandelier. Romantic, luxurious and chic. See More
Kamalame Cay Andros Island, Bahamas 27 rooms from £402Romantic Break - Very secluded villas, spa with glass bottom to view the fish, sunset cocktails and picnic excursionsSights nearby - Take a pre-booked picnic lunch (arranged the day before) on your own deserted islandKayaking - Explore the mangroves at the back of the Cay at high tide by KayakFishing - Go looking for local fish on the 32ft RegulatorRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Fodors
Private island luxury beach resort in 100 acres. Elegant rooms feature private terraces, high beamed ceilings, nautical touches and huge bathrooms. Outdoor heated pool, tennis court and ocean front spa. Fantastic Caribbean cuisine, and two breezy beach bars. Luxurious, exclusive and laid back. See More
Small Hope Bay Andros Island, Bahamas 21 rooms from £406Families - Kayaking and fishing are popular with children, and for the adults there are plenty of hammocks and shady nooks to read fromActive Holiday - Renowned hotel for scuba diving - with guided trips, numerous spots nearby and plenty of challenges for experiend diversAll inclusiveDiving - Ask about specialty trips, including blue hole dives and wall dives to 185ftRecommended by - Fodors
Ocean front cottages. Colourful rooms feature tropical print fabrics, Andros pine furniture and private patios. Lush gardens, private beach, games room and library. Great Bahamian and international menus, sociable bar lounge. For diving and fishing enthusiasts, this is the one for you. See More
The Cove Atlantis Paradise Island, Bahamas 600 rooms from £453Active Holiday - Think of the activity, and here you can probably do it: cinema, casino, tennis, yoga and all watersportsFamilies - A wide variety of activities for children, including age-relevant kids club, water park and Dolpin CayKids Club - Fully staffed.SpaRecommended by - Kiwi Collection
Expansive resort on the beach. Elegant rooms are in creamy shades with sea view balconies and big bathrooms. Outdoor pool, beach access, tennis courts, gym, spa, water park, cinema and casino. Excellent International cuisine, both gourmet and light. With so much to do, perfect for families. See More
Bahama House Harbour Island 11 rooms from £468Beach Life - Located a stone's throw from the sea on a coveted island in The Bahamas, this hotel makes a luxury beach getawayLocal exploring - With easy access into the colourful Dunmore Town, this hotel is in a great location for local exploringRomantic Break - Couples love this cosy and refined beach lodge, with its grown-up rum bar and chic freshwater poolViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
This luxury beach lodge occupies a heritage property on Harbour Island in The Bahamas. Spacious rooms boast plantation-style interiors, four-poster beds and unique design pieces; book a cottage for separate living space. Unwind by the freshwater pool before drinks at the rum bar; a chic beach stay. See More
The Other Side Eleuthera 6 rooms from £468Hideaway - The most luxurious and indulgent desert island hideaway, with hardwood floors, plush bedding and plenty of peaceful seclusionSights nearby - Head to the nearby Blue Hole, a pool surrounded by jungle which one can jump in and out of with ropesLocal markets - Take a boat to nearby Harbour Island to check out the bars, boutiques and lively atmosphereBarefoot Luxury - For total relaxation.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
The most glamorous glamping site in the Caribbean. These indulgent tents offer hardwood floors, Berber-style rugs, vintage record players and magnificent four-poster beds. The restaurant is phenomenal and the bar boasts an extraordinary array of drinks! Unwind in Robinson Crusoe style luxury. See More
French Leave Resort Governor's Harbour, Eleuthera 20 rooms from £672Total relaxation - Spend tranquil days at the sea-facing pool or head to the nearby beach. This is the place for endless sun, sand and seaBeach Life - Soak up the picture-perfect pink sand and turquoise sea from French Leave beach, just a mile from the propertyFamilies - Four-bedroom Royal Island House boasts an oceanfront location and private poolRestaurant - 1648 - An Island Restaurant serves freshly caught seafood and locally-grown produce at stunning waterfront setting all day
Luxurious and intimate waterfront resort overlooking the Caribbean Sea, with access to nearby French Leave beach. Individual plantation-style villas, decorated in a contemporary deluxe style, offer spacious relaxation areas and share an infinity pool and sea-view restaurant. Secluded and stylish. See More
Rosewood Baha Mar Nassau 230 rooms from £710Families - A very family-friendly stay with its Kids Club, kids' menus, and an unbeatable choice of activities including a water park!Beach Life - Located on Cable Beach (one of the island's best) this is the place to unwind in the sunGolf - Royal Blue is a spectacular 18-hole, par-72 course, located on the propertyGroups - Multi-room suites and villas are a good option for families or groups
An expansive resort that manages to create an intimate feel on one of Nassau's best beaches. A choice of doubles, suites, and villas are high-tech and luxurious. Boasting an array of eateries & bars, multiple pools, a water park, a casino, and a golf course. A one-stop-shop for a break in the sun. See More
Tiamo South Andros Island, Bahamas 13 rooms from £738Romantic Break - Secluded cottages on the beach, some with private pools, with spa treatments, hammock dozing and snorkelling minutes awayFishing - Tiamo has its own fully equipped 28ft World Cat Boat which makes blue water fishing fun and easily accessible from the resortBirdwatching - See how many of the island’s 330 bird species you can identifySailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - Tablet, Small Luxury Hotels
Romantic beach resort. The cottages are decorated in contemporary eco style with wooden floors, large private terraces and slick stone bathrooms. Outdoor pool, gym, spa, library and beach access. Sublime Caribbean fusion menu, with emphasis on locally sourced. Secluded, quiet and picturesque. See More
The Ocean Club, Nassau Nassau (PARADISE ISLAND) 107 rooms from £1051Romantic Break - This hotel just nails romance, for a start at 6pm every evening glasses of champagne and strawberries are brought to each roomTennis coaching - Their in house pro Leo Rolle has been coaching there for 50 years- and there's a reason they have held onto him!Fishing - Go deep sea fishing on their yacht, cook your catch in the local style and then learn to mix a perfect cocktailTotal relaxation - The Balinese-style spa is wonderful, so is the leafy adults only pool area and the plush rooms
This Four Season luxury resort is the epitome of Bahamian style. The luxury suites and villas offer louvered hardwood doors and private balconies. The service is truly remarkable, and often friendships are created that draw guests back again and again. The gardens and restaurant are show stoppers. See More
The Cove Eleuthera Eleuthera 58 rooms from £1482Families - Enormous family suites, varied child friendly activites such as sea glass collecting, and massages for grown upsRomantic Break - In-room couples massages, snorkelling right from the doorstep, gorgeous romantic roomsSights nearby - From Three Island Dock, enjoy a quick boat ride on a Water Taxi to Harbour IslandKayaking - With Bahamas Out-Island AdventuresRecommended by - Fodors, Tablet