I love your site btw! Alex Slater.
Search the best hotels in Anguilla
Anguilla is just a tiny limestone knob of an island, but it's got some of the most beautiful beaches in the whole of the Caribbean: superb bright white coral sand which goes on for mile after peaceful mile, lapped gently by an electric blue sea. On these perfect beaches you'll find a number of ramshackle beach bars, and a smaller number of good hotels, which are among the best places to stay on Anguilla.
For an island so tiny, Anguilla has an excellent collection of restaurants - across several price brackets. Which is why some compare it to St-Barts. But Anguilla is much more down to earth - a proper Caribbean hideaway island. Anguilla was first colonised by the English, and is still a self governing British Overseas Territory, so has English, rather than French flavours.
Anguilla isn't just sand. The sand is fringed by graceful palm trees. And it's not just bright blue waters. Below the surface are some truly stunning reefs.. And if you don't fancy yourself as a diver or snorkeller, you can catch a glimpse of their beauty on a glass bottomed boat trip.
Anguilla is probably best suited to travellers looking for somewhere idyllic to relax, but the island's history and its modern fishing and lobster catching industry make for a pretty interesting study.
If you hire a bike to explore, you can see a truly wonderful variety of beautiful beaches.
What not to miss:
- Unwind on the beautiful stretches of white sand beach.
- Explore under the sea on a snorkelling or diving excursion.
- Hire a bike and cycle around the picturesque island.
- Head out on a glass-bottom boat and view the brightly coloured tropical fish.
The easiest way to get to Anguilla is via St. Maarten, and the majority of our selection of the best places to stay in Anguilla are on the Western edge of the island, a short hop from where the ferry arrives.
For a special occasion
- If you're looking for privacy, CoveCastles are a small collection of villas on a private beach, each with full kitchen and living room and some with a private pool. So it's a much more luxurious and idyllic home-from-home.
- Cap Juluca is a white, Moroccan looking hotel right on the beach. Unique looking inside and out, it offers every luxury. It is a really special place to stay!
For the perfect beach break
- The Frangipani Beach Club is on Meads Bay, one of the Anguilla's most beautiful Atlantic bays. It offers complimentary watersports facilities, so you'd be mad not to try things against this perfect backdrop! Rooms have large terraces and you're right on the beach.
- Shoal Bay Villas are a small group of villas with direct access onto a perfect white beach. Each villa has its own kitchen, but there's shared gardens, gym and pool. And you're close to a number of great local restaurants.
- The CuisinArt Golf Resort & Spa is a stunning, Grecian style hotel with chic rooms and plenty of resort style entertainment. Right on the beach. One of the best places to stay in Anguilla if you want a beach break with a bit more action and great food.
- The Malliouhana is a gorgeous hotel set in 25 acres of gardens. The contemporary rooms have four poster beds, nautical striped furnishings and large balconies.
For contemporary style
- The chic Anacaona is located just five minutes from the beach. The colourful rooms have modern art works, ocean views and pretty bathrooms.
- Carimar's collection of charming, beachfront villas prove that you don't have to spend a fortune to find one of the best places to stay in Anguilla, with rooms starting from just £142 per night. Family villas have large kitchens and living areas. Expect tropical prints and direct beach access.
- The Viceroy on Barnes Bay is a much larger and much grander affair: five stars worth of chic furnishings, private pools and watersports facilities. There's also a superb children's program. And excellent West Indian cuisine.
- Meads Bay Beach Villas benefit from their secluded location on one of Anguilla's best beaches. Each has its own pool and full kitchen, which the hotel is happy to stock for you.
For an apartment or villa
- If you've decided that a self catering property would be more suitable for your holiday, then we recommend you visit our online booking partner, booking.com where they have a wide selection for all tastes and budgets.
- The are no direct flights to Anguilla. One of the easiest ways to get to Anguilla is by flying into St. Maarten’s Princess Juliana Airport (on the Dutch side of the island) and boarding the ferry at Marigot Bay (on the French side of the island).
- Best time to visit - Anguilla is a year round destination with consistently warm days however there is a rainy season that runs from June to November and of course hurricane season covers the same months.
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars for the best prices.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay on Anguilla for you?
Best Hotels in Anguilla
Anacaona 27 rooms from £131Long Bay Village, Anguilla
Chic hotel just five minutes from beach. Colourful rooms have modern art works, ocean views and pretty bathrooms. Two outdoors pools, spa and lush gardens. Fantastic Eurasian cuisine and friendly bar. Secluded, very relaxed with excellent service. Great value for money.Hideaway - Many of the amenities of a big resort but in much more intimate setting; excellent "wellness" retreat packagesBirdwatching - Anguilla is host to 136 different bird species including white-cheeked pintails and black-neck stiltsViews - Lovely views over Meads BaySights nearby - Wallblake HouseRecommended by - Fodors
Carimar 24 rooms from £177Anguilla
Charming beach front villas. Beach access, tennis courts and gardens. Quiet, family friendly and great value.Families - Villas with kitchens and living rooms are ideal for families to prepare picnics before an island cycling tourGreat walks - Alond Meads BaySights nearby - St MartinSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Shoal Bay Villas from £177Anguilla
Low-key villas on the beach. The rooms feature tiled floors, full kitchens and verandahs. Outdoor pool, gardens and gym. Plenty of nearby restaurants and water sports centres. Relaxed, charming and quiet. Excellent value for money.Groups - Villas which open directly onto the white beach, kitchens for low-key dinners and plenty of nearby restaurants and barsLively - Located right on the island's liveliest beach.Sights nearby - Day trips to neighbouring island of St MartinSwimming Pool - Outdoor poolRecommended by - Frommers, Fodors
Frangipani Beach Club 19 rooms from £269Meads Bay, Anguilla
Charming hotel with Atlantic views. The rooms have wooden shutters, mosaic bathrooms and large terraces. Outdoor pool, beach access, tennis courts and spa treatments. Outstanding cuisine in the Straw Hat restaurant - an island favourite. Complimentary watersports and beautiful views. Great value.Active Holiday - Superb choice of activities and complimentary watersports gives a real incentive to try something new from this beautiful beachSights nearby - Near Sandy Ground, great for beach barsOn the beach - Right on Meads Bay beachSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Recommended by - Frommers
CuisinArt Golf Resort & Spa 93 rooms from £276Anguilla
Stunning Grecian style hotel on the beach. Chic rooms have colourful furnishings, high ceilings and elegant bathrooms. Outdoor pool, excellent spa, tennis courts, golf course, beach access and gym. Superb Mediterranean cuisine, relaxed bar. Family friendly, quiet and excellent service.Foodies - Take a tour of the Hydroponic Farm on site and enjoy a cookery lesson or dining at chef's tableActive Holiday - Wide range of watersports, tennis lessons, stunning golf course and cycling rides in the areaGolf - Greg Norman Signature designed champion courseSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Recommended by - Fodors, Tablet
Zemi Beach House 65 rooms from £474West Indies, Anguilla
A beautiful resort on the thankfully quiet side of Anguilla. All the bells and whistles you would expect, with the simple style and poise of a chic beach-house. The gorgeous suites offer uninterrupted views of the beach and fresh off the boat (literally) catch takes centre stage in the restaurant.Total relaxation - Indulgent private villas, sunset walks on the beach, pampering spa and wonderful food make this the perfect spot to just beFamilies - With a kids club, extensive range of water sports, a spa and excellent food and cocktails- everyone will be happyHotel Entertainment - The hotel doesn't fall down on their non beach related fun with tennis, volleyball and coconut bowlingGreat walks - You can't beat a sunset stroll on the white sands of this magically unpopulated beachRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet
Viceroy 156 rooms from £384Barnes Bay, Anguilla
Sensational 5* hotel. Gorgeous, contemporary rooms have four poster beds, sumptuous bathrooms, chic furnishings and some with private pools. Outdoor pools, beach access, tennis, golf, water sports and gardens. Excellent West Indian cuisine, cool bar. Luxurious, slick and stunning.Families - Superb children's programme featuring sailing and tennis, enormous family suites, spa treatments for adultsBeach Life - Everything you could desire is here: watersports, pools, sailing trips, white beaches and relaxed vibeViews - Great views over both Meads Bay and Barnes BaySailing - Anguilla Youth Sailing ClubRecommended by - Tablet, Mr & Mrs Smith, Fodors
Meads Bay Beach Villas from £384Meads Bay, Anguilla
Secluded villas on the beach. The villas are styled with wooden shutters, mahogany furniture and elegant bathrooms. Each comes with private pool and balcony plus direct beach access. Hotel can provide groceries for the villa kitchens. Ideal for families and couples wanting a quiet atmosphere.Families - Private pools with each villa, full kitchens and living rooms; plenty of beach activities for all the familyGreat walks - Along one of the best beaches in the CaribbeanSailing - Can be booked nearby.On the beach - In front of the hotel.Recommended by - Fodors
Malliouhana 46 rooms from £403Anguilla
Gorgeous hotel in 25 acres of gardens. The contemporary rooms have four poster beds, nautical striped furnishings and large balconies. Outdoor pool, spa, gym and tennis courts. Faultless Mediterranean cuisine, relaxed bar. Luxurious, romantic and very chic.Romantic Break - Large, lush gardens, balcony-dining, spa treatments for two and horse back riding on the beachFishing - Catch tuna, wahoo or mahi-mahi, then watch Malliouhana’s Executive Chef prepare it for youDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Barefoot Luxury - For total relaxation.
CoveCastles from £457Anguilla
Currently Closed. Architecturally striking villas on private beach. The rooms are spacious with high ceilings, modern kitchens, ocean views and some with private pools. Private beach, spa treatments and some complimentary water sports. Secluded, stylish and modernist; perfect for families or groups.Families - Spacious villas have high ceilings, full kitchens, living rooms and some with private poolsSailing - Sunfish sailing lessonsBirdwatching - Tours can be arrangedSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Recommended by - Fodors