Search the best hotels in Anguilla
A tiny limestone stretch of an island, Anguilla boasts some of the most beautiful beaches in the Caribbean, with mile after mile of bright white sands, lapped by a gentle electric-blue sea and lined by laid-back beach bars. Although small, the island offers a great range of excellent hotels — from simple, low-key spots to indulgent luxury resorts. Our pick of the best places to stay in Anguilla includes some fantastic family-friendly resorts, as well as charming suggestions for intimate couples in search of tranquillity.
First colonised by the English, Anguilla has an intriguing colonial history, which is well worth exploring. Take a tour of Wallblake House, reputedly the island's oldest surviving structure, and marvel at the treasures of the Heritage Collection Museum, curated by local historian Colville Petty.
Today, the island boasts a thriving modern fishing and lobster-catching industry, and an excellent collection of bars and eateries showcasing the the freshly-caught flavours of the sea. Foodies will find plenty of dishes to sample and savour, both within the island’s resorts, in swish restaurants and in the small, local beach bars so emblematic of the Caribbean. Kick back on pristine sands, hire a bike to cycle along palm-fringed paths and take in the cultural and historic sites — or to explore still more breath-taking beaches.
There’s a whole world under the water’s surface, too. Try snorkelling, hone your diving skills, or hop in a glass-bottomed boat for a family trip out to the reef. There’s also kayaking, sailing, water-skiing, wake-boarding and windsurfing for active travellers to enjoy. If you’re around for a little longer, the nearby island of Saint Martin — one-third Dutch and two-thirds French — makes for an appealing day out, accessed by regular 30-minute ferries from Anguilla’s western side.
Anguilla is the perfect island for travellers eager to unwind in tropical bliss, and many of the best places to stay in Anguilla are on the beach — ensuring that you can soak up those spectacular panoramas to your heart’s content.
The Best Places to Stay in Anguilla
For Barefoot Luxury
- Malliouhana is a gorgeous Cap d'Antibes-inspired hotel set in 25 acres of gardens and featuring classically-styled interiors with four-poster beds, nautical stripes and generous balconies. A sophisticated choice for hip, well-heeled couples or families, who will be well-catered for with the children's areas, tennis courts, gym, spa and world-class cuisine.
- Belmond Cap Juluca promises a sleek, Morroccan-style beach resort for couples and families seeking the ultimate luxury escape. Highlights include an extensive array of watersports, an indulgent spa, four eateries, and swish guestrooms and villas, some of which offer private pools. A very special stay.
- Zemi Beach House is a smaller beach resort on the quieter side of Anguilla. Focusing on natural materials and earthy tones, this collection of spacious suites and villas has a chic, airy feel, allowing the striking views and sense of serenity to take centre stage. The restaurant specialises in freshly caught seafood, there are cracking cocktails, a spa and lots of activities for guests of all ages. A secluded, exclusive choice.
- The Viceroy is a grand, five-star spot ideal for families looking to kick back in style. Book a villa for your own private pool, and enjoy extensive watersports facilities, tennis coaching, yoga, impressive views and excellent West Indian cuisine. Little ones will adore spotting turtles from the glass bottomed boat, as well as the top-notch kids' programme. Interiors are very chic, with a creamy palette and lots of driftwood. Sensational.
For an intimate hideaway
- Quintessence Hotel is a luxurious tropical mansion offering just nine rooms, with spellbinding views over Long Bay. Pick this place for its private, intimate atmosphere, acclaimed restaurant and chic spa. One for romantic foodies.
- Meads Bay Beach Villas is a great pick for families eager to unwind in their own private villa on one of Anguilla's best beaches. Villas come with private pools, fully-equipped kitchens (which the hotel will happily stock for you in advance) and stacks of space to relax. An excellent family holiday spot.
- CuisinArt Golf Resort & Spa is a Greek-style beach hotel with whitewashed walls, bright pops of colour and heaps for guests of all ages to see and do. Think tennis courts, a spa, gym, and water sports. The standout addition is the resort's picturesque 18-hole golf course. Perfect for families and golfers.
- The Frangipani Beach Club is a laid-back hotel offering complimentary watersports facilities, a beachside swimming pool and spacious, traditionally-decorated rooms with flexible options for families and groups of all ages. Right on lovely Meads Bay, this is a fun pick for active families.
- The Reef by CuisinArt is a chic, contemporary beachfront resort with crisp white-on-white interiors and classic Caribbean touches, including wicker accents. Stay here for a modern, minimalist feel, lots of activities and the free transfers to the sister property's excellent golf course. Large suites are good for families. Very laid-back and beachy.
For Great Value
- Shoal Bay Villas are a small group of well-priced villas with their own kitchens and direct access to a lovely white-sand beach. There are shared gardens, a gym and a pool, as well as easy access to some great local restaurants. A relaxed, self-catering choice.
- Carimar Beach Club's collection of charming, one and two-bedroom beachfront villas are a very reasonably-priced option for couples or families looking for some extra independence. Set right on the beach, the 24 villa-suites have generously-proportioned kitchens, living areas and sea-facing balconies. Make the most of the onsite tennis courts, equipment for hire, and the nearby 18-hole golf course. A popular pick!
FOR AN APARTMENT OR VILLA
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- There are very few direct flights to Anguilla Airport. One of the easiest ways to get to the island is to fly to nearby Sint Maarten, and take a 30-minute ferry from the island's French side (Saint Martin) across to Anguilla, before travelling to your hotel by car. The ferry runs multiple times a day, but is weather-dependent.
- Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car. There's lots to see on Anguilla, and having your own transport makes it much easier to get around!
- Most travellers visit Anguilla between January and May, when the weather is at its best -- humid and around 28°C. Be prepared for showers if you visit during the rainy hurricane season (June to November). To beat the crowds and make the most of great deals, time your trip for May or June, before the rains begin to fall in earnest.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Saint Martin.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in the Caribbean.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Anguilla
Best Hotels in Anguilla
Carimar Beach Club Anguilla 24 rooms from £180Families - Villas with kitchens and living rooms are ideal for families to prepare picnics before an island cycling tourTennis - Courts on site and equipment that you can borrowGreat walks - Alond Meads BaySights nearby - St Martin
Shoal Bay Villas Anguilla from £180Groups - Villas which open directly onto the white beach, kitchens for low-key dinners and plenty of nearby restaurants and barsLively - Located right on the island's liveliest beach.Sights nearby - Day trips to neighbouring island of St MartinSwimming Pool - Outdoor poolRecommended by - Frommers, Fodors
The Reef by Cuisinart Anguilla 80 rooms from £260Local exploring - There is plenty to explore close to the hotel, from watersports off the coast and a golf course at sister CuisinArt resortBeach Life - Set on the beautiful Rendezvous Bay in Anguilla, this hotel is perfect for a relaxing beach holidayFamilies - Families are well-catered to here, with larger suites that can accommodate childrenGreat walks - Take a heritage tour and visit protected areas like the Big Spring Cave, known for its prehistoric petroglyphsRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
This luxury resort is located on Rendezvous Bay on the island of Anguilla. The hotel's bright and airy suites have a Caribbean feel, with sea-foam white sheets, wicker accents and terraces with sea views. The hotel pool leads down to a sandy beach, perfect for long afternoons of lounging by the sea. See More
Frangipani Beach Club Meads Bay, Anguilla 19 rooms from £273Active Holiday - Superb choice of activities and complimentary watersports gives a real incentive to try something new from this beautiful beachSights nearby - Near Sandy Ground, great for beach barsOn the beach - Right on Meads Bay beachSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Recommended by - Frommers
Charming hotel with Atlantic views. The rooms have wooden shutters, mosaic bathrooms and large terraces. Outdoor pool, beach access, tennis courts and spa treatments. Outstanding cuisine in the Straw Hat restaurant - an island favourite. Complimentary watersports and beautiful views. Great value. See More
Tranquility Beach Resort Meads Bay, Anguilla 15 rooms from £333Beach Life - It doesn't get closer to the beach than this. Meads Bay Beach is the perfect stretch of golden sand & turquoise seaRomantic Break - Fab option for couples who value privacy & independence. All needs are met but from the comfort of your own 'home'Rooms with balcony/terrace - Enormous terraces are the height of luxury; they boast private tubs, seating areas & Caribbean sea & sunset viewsPrivate Hot Tub - Every condo comes with its own hot / cold tub. Located on the terrace they offer incredible views
Collection of contemporary self-catered condos with incredible Meads Bay location. Sleek & chic yet homely, the overall vibe is very low-key luxury. Individual hot tubs, butlers, private chefs & spa treatment make this a no-brainer; terraces are to die for. The place for stylish & sexy beach breaks. See More
Zemi Beach House West Indies, Anguilla 65 rooms from £474Total relaxation - Indulgent private villas, sunset walks on the beach, pampering spa and wonderful food make this the perfect spot to just beFamilies - With a kids club, extensive range of water sports, a spa and excellent food and cocktails- everyone will be happyHotel Entertainment - The hotel doesn't fall down on their non beach related fun with tennis, volleyball and coconut bowlingGreat walks - You can't beat a sunset stroll on the white sands of this magically unpopulated beachRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet
A beautiful resort on the thankfully quiet side of Anguilla. All the bells and whistles you would expect, with the simple style and poise of a chic beach-house. The gorgeous suites offer uninterrupted views of the beach and fresh off the boat (literally) catch takes centre stage in the restaurant. See More
The Manoah Boutique Hotel The Valley, Anguilla 25 rooms from £387Romantic Break - This hotel is well equipped for romance, from the in-suite private dining to the couples' massagesBeach Life - With a stunning beach side setting, a beach club, and watersports — this is beach perfectionSpa - The Manoah Spa offers modern and ancient therapies plus there is a steam room and beauty salonSwimming Pool - Enormous outdoor pool complete with sunbathing deck
A sleek boutique hotel set on a pristine stretch of white sand beach. Generously proportioned rooms are chic and contemporary with luxurious bathrooms and large terraces. However, epic sea views take centre stage. Expect fine dining, a spa, a beach club and a huge pool. Ideal for a relaxing getaway. See More
Meads Bay Beach Villas Meads Bay, Anguilla from £390Families - Private pools with each villa, full kitchens and living rooms; plenty of beach activities for all the familyGreat walks - Along one of the best beaches in the CaribbeanSailing - Can be booked nearby.Kayaking - Available locally.Recommended by - Fodors
Secluded villas on the beach. The villas are styled with wooden shutters, mahogany furniture and elegant bathrooms. Each comes with private pool and balcony plus direct beach access. Hotel can provide groceries for the villa kitchens. Ideal for families and couples wanting a quiet atmosphere. See More
Belmond Cap Juluca West End Village, Anguilla 70 rooms from £464Romantic Break - With white sands, turquoise waters and in-room spa treatments, this hotel is perfect for a romantic couples' getawayBeach Life - Sitting on the seafront with direct beach access, this resort makes an indulgent seaside breakFamilies - Book a private villa with a pool for a family stay; cots are available upon requestSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Recommended by - Fodors
This luxury Anguilla resort is reopening after a full renovation. Bright and airy guestrooms feature tiled floors, four-poster beds and large terraces, some with private pools. Guests enjoy direct beach access plus a spa, pool and superb dining in four restaurants. Luxurious, laid back and special. See More
Malliouhana Anguilla 46 rooms from £546Romantic Break - Large, lush gardens, balcony-dining, spa treatments for two and horse back riding on the beachFishing - Catch tuna, wahoo or mahi-mahi, then watch Malliouhana’s Executive Chef prepare it for youBarefoot Luxury - For total relaxation.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.
Quintessence Hotel Anguilla 9 rooms from £587Foodies - Featuring a celebrated restaurant, this hotel is great for foodies. Ask for a pairing with your meal from the hotel wine cellarBeach Life - Set on the seafront on Long Bay surrounded by white sand beaches, this hotel makes for an island break with added luxuryHoneymoons - Book the penthouse suite for a private terrace with panoramic views for a romantic stayGreat walks - Take a heritage tour of Anguilla and visit protected sites like the Big Spring Cave, known for its prehistoric petroglyphsRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux
Four Seasons Anguilla ANGUILLA, Anguilla 166 rooms from £667Groups - Three-bedroom residences are a great choice for small groups who want the privacy of a house but the facilities of a hotelBeach Life - Everything you could desire is here: watersports, pools, sailing trips, white beaches and a laid back vibeFamilies - Ideal for families with its two beaches, sports facilities and complimentary Kids For All Seasons ClubRestaurant - Two formal restaurants plus a beach bar and poolside bar which both offer food throughout the day
A five-star stay with an epic position wedged between 2 stunning beaches. Accommodation ranges from doubles to residences making it an attractive choice for families, couples or groups. Interiors are smart and modern with the usual luxury trimmings. With ample facilities, this is luxury defined. See More
Aurora Anguilla Resort & Golf Club Ebenezer, Anguilla 98 rooms from £745Spa - The place for holistic wellness. Award-winning Sorana Spa boasts 16 treatment rooms, aquatherapy & biodynamic treatmentsFamilies - Multi-room Estate Homes & Villas come with private pools & plenty of space for relaxing are ideal for familiesGolf - The only club on the island, world-class 18 hole Aurora International Golf Club was designed by Greg NormanBeach Life - Occupying prime beach real estate in the heart of stunning Rendezvous Bay - sea views are everywhere
Super-luxe Grecian-inspired beach resort with an impressive food offering. Newly imagined rooms, sleek suites & generous villas with all mod cons make the most of the location. Award-winning golf & spa, plus tennis & watersports mean there's never a dull moment. For families or active couples. See More