Search the best hotels in Saint Martin
About Saint Martin
A tiny Caribbean destination famed for its splendid beaches and culinary delights, French Saint Martin covers the northern part of the island of St Martin. Slightly smaller Dutch Sint Maarten, just across the border, has the international airport, excellent shopping and lively nightlife encouraged by the cruise ship crowds. Over on the French side, you’ll find lush natural wonders, secluded coves and trendy eateries specialising in Creole and French fusion flavours. Accommodation options are wide-ranging, with everything from cosy guesthouses to indulgent resorts, fit for an array of tastes and budgets. Many of the best places to stay in Saint Martin are clustered around the island’s northern tip, at bustling Baie Orientale or hip Grand Case.
Venture to Marigot, the capital city, for the marina, the best boutiques and historic architecture. The views over Marigot Bay from ruined Fort Louis are striking, whilst Marigot Market is a fun place to discover local produce. The city has some superb restaurants, although the coolest little places to eat tend to be in Grand Case, a short drive to the north.
For zip-lining and hiking adventures, try 135-acre Loterie Farm. Nature lovers of all ages will adore spotting brightly-coloured creatures at the Parrotte Ville Bird Sanctuary. Soak up the sun at Anse Marcel, Baie Longue or Baie Orientale before taking a boat trip across to gorgeous Pinel Island. There’s sailing, wind-surfing, waterskiing, snorkelling, kayaking and diving aplenty in the tranquil ocean waters, too.
Chic, laid-back and hugely friendly, Saint Martin is a wonderful choice for a Caribbean holiday. This is a very small island, so the best places to stay in Saint Martin can fill up fast over Christmas and New Year. Book your trip well in advance!
The Best Places to Stay in Saint Martin
For 5 Star Luxury
- Belmond La Samanna promises a sumptuous island holiday in one of the Caribbean's most luxurious hotels. Choose from a collection of glamorous suites and three- to four-bedroom villas facing the ocean at Baie Longue, and spend your days unwinding at the spa, out on the water as a family, or enjoying exceptional cuisine at L’Oursin. Gorgeous.
For Families or Groups
- Esmeralda is a family-friendly beach hotel on beautiful Orient Bay. Spacious rooms face the ocean or the large swimming pool, and many offer additional beds for children as well as private kitchens. There's an appealing Caribbean feel to the prints and furniture. With friendly staff, multiple restaurants and easy beach access, this is a fun family choice.
- Hotel La Plantation promises a sophisticated stay in stylish rooms and suites set within colonial-style buildings in lush gardens. Multi-room villas are ideal for families, there are heaps of watersports at nearby Orient Beach, and the food is particularly good. For classic Caribbean luxury with family and friends.
- La Playa Orient Bay is a fabulous beach hotel with 56 recently-renovated rooms and suites featuring bold colours and a fresh, airy feel. Sofa beds create space for little ones. Kids will love the big swimming pool, private beach access and fun food truck. Expect superb fresh seafood, too. An indulgent beach base.
- L'Esplanade has a reputation as one of the Caribbean's top boutique hotels, and it's a wonderfully romantic choice for a couple's escape. The 24 elegant suites, lofts and studios feature Brazilian carved woodwork, Balinese pieces and French linens, as well as boasting lovely sea-facing balconies. Unwind with a yoga class at Ti Temple or a massage a Ti Spa. A real gem.
- Sol e Luna is an intimate little hotel with three rooms and three suites, tucked just inland of Orient Bay. The vibe is tranquil and the big draw is the gourmet restaurant, which is popular with both Saint Martin locals and visitors. A hip couples' pick.
- Orient Beach Hotel sits right on the white sands of Orient Bay, and all 35 suites boast beautiful ocean views. A fun couples' beach pick, this property has a swish, sophisticated feel with lots of natural rattan and pops of blue. There are plenty of good eateries within walking distance.
- LTC Hotel boasts a lively restaurant and cocktail bar on picturesque Grand Case Beach. There are also nine indulgent suites, perfect for foodie couples eager to base themselves on the beach. Small and stylish.
For a Tropical Hideaway
- Le Karibuni has eight suites and two larger villas, hidden amidst leafy gardens at Cul de Sac Bay, overlooking Pinel Island. Pick this place for the elegant interiors and the chance to relax with family and friends in one of the villas, or as a couple in a deluxe suite - some of which have private jacuzzis or plunge pools. The hotel's top-notch eatery is just across the water on Pinel Island, where you can swim and sunbathe before feasting on delectable dishes. A tropical haven.
For Great Value
- Hevea Hotel offers 10 big and bright rooms in a restored Creole house, just 20 metres from the beach in Grand Case. Stay in this relaxed guesthouse for a warm welcome and great rates. The sun-drenched terrace is a lovely spot to kick back.
- Bleu Emeraude has just 11 contemporary studios and one-bedroom suites facing the sea at trendy Grand Case. The two-bedroom suite is ideal for families. Expect simple, chic blue-and-white interiors, self-catering facilities and lovely ocean views. The added independence is great for longer trips at a very reasonable rate.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR VILLA
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly into Princess Juliana Airport, in Dutch Sint Maarten, and travel to your hotel by bus or taxi. Most hotels will be happy to arrange an airport pick up in advance.
- You'll find lots to explore by road on both sides of the island! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Balmy temperatures average between 25 - 28°C throughout the year, with the peak season lasting from December to mid-April. Be prepared for showers if you visit during the rainy hurricane season (June to November). To beat the crowds and make the most of great deals, time your trip for May or June, before the rains begin to fall in earnest.
- Note that much of the island sustained damage by Hurricane Irma in September 2017, and recovery in ongoing.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Sint Maarten, on the southern side of the island.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Anguilla, to the north.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Saint Martin
Best Hotels in Saint Martin
Hevea Hotel Saint Martin, St Martin 10 rooms from £62Value chic - Beautiful contemporary bedrooms at bargain prices.Fishing - Deep sea fishing is an exciting adventure and the migration period of large fish is awaited with much anticipation every year.Sailing - St Maarten is one of the Caribbean’s leading sailing spots.Four poster beds - For romantics.
Hotel La Plantation St Martin 52 rooms from £112Families - 2 bedrooms villas are ideal spots for families.Restaurant - Four excellent restaurants.Sights nearby - Butterfly Farm.Kayaking - Available locally.
An excellent four star hotel suited to families, foodies, and beach goers alike. Charming rooms, suites, and two-bedrooms villas, all with their own kitchens. Swimming pool, romantic poolside terrace, and plenty of restaurants to choose from on the beachfront or directly on the beach. See More
Esmeralda St Martin from £140Foodies - The Astrolabe specialises in French cuisine, and the beachfront restaurant serves International food.Beach LifeRomantic BreakLuxury
A beachside hotel for those who appreciate a bit of boutique chic. Luxurious rooms, suites, and spacious condos, all with kitchens, white washed walls, and romantic furnishings. Large central pool, fine dining French restaurant, beach restaurant and direct access to the beach. See More
Bleu Emeraude St Martin 11 rooms from £182Views - Views over the Caribbean Sea to AnguillaSights nearby - Paradise Peak.Four poster beds - For romantics.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.
A contemporary chic set up with all the mod cons makes for an ideal base for a family beach holiday. Rooms and two bedroom suites all in white have DVD players, iPod docking stations, kitchens, and living areas. A short walk out of the hotel onto the beach. Ideally located for beach life. See More
Orient Beach Hotel Saint Martin 35 rooms from £191Beach Life - Idyllic 3.5 mile Orient Bay beach is considered one of the island's very best with white sand, great swimming and coral reefTotal relaxation - There's no need to leave this slice of paradise; laid-back dining, buzzing beach clubs, and watersports are steps awayViews - While all rooms face the ocean, Luxury Ocean Junior Suites, located on the top floor of the property, offer the best viewsRestaurant - The bay is home to four beachside restaurants offering relaxed outdoor dining. Breakfast is served at Kko Beach
Deluxe sea-facing suites located directly on Orient Bay's stunning white sand beach. Spacious and contemporary rooms with colourful decor all come with balconies and kitchenettes. Stretch is home to restaurants, bars and beach clubs meaning you can simply relax or party all day. A fly'n'flop break. See More
L'Esplanade, St Martin St Martin 23 rooms from £207Luxury - An oasis of tranquility with amazing ocean views and impeccable attention to detail.Honeymoons - A dreamy spot with chic interiors, wonderful views, and a romantic atmosphere.Views - Stunning ocean views and rooftop vistas.Beach LifeRecommended by - Great Small Hotels , Fodors
A dreamy little spot and a hidden gem with boutique interiors and varying accommodation. Rooms, lofts, and a two-bedroom villa (with its own infinity pool) with romantic furnishings, a laid back atmosphere, and sea views. Tennis and squash courts on site. Delightfully unpretentious. See More
Sol e Luna Grand Case, Saint Martin 6 rooms from £208Good wine list - Wine-lovers will appreciate the expansive cellar, home to hundreds of upscale French wines. Tastings take place once a monthBeach Life - Perfect beach break base: venture out to Cul-de-Sac and all Grand Case beaches in a matter of minutes on foot or by carRestaurant - Enjoy A blend of Provencal & Creole cooking washed down with fine wines in a plush & atmospheric indoor/outdoor settingRomantic Break - Four-poster beds draped with tropical netting, candle-lit restaurant and a grown-up vibe make this ideal for couples
Boutique guesthouse with chic decor, an intimate feel and small sundeck pools just a stroll from the beach. Romantic individually designed rooms blend French and tropical touches. Known for its upmarket French restaurant and wine cellar, this is the place for eating, drinking and sleeping in style. See More
Le Karibuni Cul de Sac, Saint Martin 6 rooms from £220Romantic Break - Private plunge pools, outdoor showers, sunrise sea-view terraces and Robinson Crusoe restaurant make for romantic breaksGroups - 3 and 6 bedroom villas offer a plush base for groups of friends; villa guests can enjoy private boat trips to the islandBeach Life - Although not located on the beach, a combination of unparalleled sea views and private beach club are a winnerRestaurant - Sail or kayak to the hotel's beach-shack style restaurant on Pinel Island and dine on freshly caught lobster
An upmarket boutique hotel set across a main house and pool villas. Tropical modernist decor with lush surroundings manages to be both cool and cosy. All rooms have terraces with epic sea views while having to kayak to the restaurant & beach club on a nearby island is a quirky touch. A chic stay. See More
LTC Hotel partenaire le temps des cerises jeans Grand Case, Saint Martin 9 rooms from £231Beach Life - Grand Case Beach is considered one of the best on the islands due to endless white sand and water ideal for swimmingRomantic Break - Designed with couples in mind, suites set the tone for a romantic stay; end perfect days with stunning sunsetsViews - Views of Grand Case beach and turquoise water are everywhere; from the shower, bed and balconyRooms with balcony/terrace - Glass balconies facing the beach give the impression you're floating on the water's edge
Intimate boutique hotel located on Grand Case Beach. Sexy open-plan suites with a contemporary nautical theme come with uninterrupted sea views and glass balconies. Walk to nearby eateries or dine on-site in the happening restaurant with beach bar vibes. A fab tropical base for couples. See More
La Playa Orient Bay Orient Bay, Saint Martin 56 rooms from £399Beach Life - Idyllic stretch of white sand and dazzling turqouise sea is epitome of Caribbean paradise. Calm water is perfect for swimmingWalking distance restaurants - Orient Bay offers range of laid-back eateries along stretch of white sand. Walk into the village for more optionsFamilies - Spacious living area and two bathrooms make the Executive Suite a good option for families or groups of friendsRestaurant - Outdoor restaurant serves American food with French & Creole touches. Bar, vintage food truck and Bedouin tent add extra options
Contemporary all-suite beach resort on picture-perfect Orient Bay. Spacious suites with a fresh feel, high ceilings, blonde wood furnishings & colourful decor feature garden & Caribbean Sea views. Rotate between the al fresco restaurant, enormous pool & beach club. A classic choice for beach breaks. See More
Belmond La Samanna Marigot, St Martin 83 rooms from £4535* Luxury - One of the top 10 Caribbean hotels.Beach LifeHoneymoonsRomantic BreakRecommended by - Fodors
The piece de resistance on the French side of St Martin. Luxury for the scrupulous traveller, the honeymooner, a family, or friends. Uber chic rooms, suites, and 3/4 bedroom villas, have all white walls, marble bathrooms and all the mod cons. Three fantastic restaurants, spa, and private beach. See More