- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Eleuthera
Eleuthera is a narrow stretch of white, with a little green, stretching 100miles long, some would say the shape of the outline of an ear. A very lovely ear. Eleuthera is best known for being a very, very beautiful place to relax in. Sure, there's plenty you can do, but this is the kind of place where you're really not expected to do very much, and the best places to stay on Eleuthera reflect this.
Everything about Eleuthera is easy. From the choice of airports to the willingness of local folk to give you a lift. There's no public transport - but why would you need it? If you really want to get around it's very easy to hire your own car, or boat, or bike..
If you do want to experience the best of the island there's plenty to keep you entertained. Of course there are the seemingly endless stretches of beautiful beach, but there are also great fishing waters, some exceptional snorkelling and diving spots - including fascinating underground cave systems and a couple of good fun surfing beaches.
If you're here on a Friday it's worth attending the fish fry at Governor's House.
What not to miss
- Explore the unique pink sand beaches.
- Have a swim inland at 'Ocean Hole', a natural inland swimming spot!
- Have a look at the Leon Levy Native Plant Preserve
As with all good Caribbean properties, the best places to stay in Eleuthera get very busy during the peak months (November to March), so if you want to guarantee a prime spot, book early.
The Best Places to Stay on Eleuthera
For great value
Pineapple Fields is a collection of homely, modern villas right by the beach. The friendliness of this hotel, and the generous sized kitchens and living areas in the villas, makes it easy to feel at home here, albeit with a garden that's likely more tropically-beautiful than the one you have at home. It's easy to charter a boat from here and there's great fishing. It's also great value.
For beach chic
The Sky Beach Club also has a collection of villas, but these are a little more glamorous. Kitchens, and bathrooms are still large, but there's also a superb seafood restaurant and bar with plenty of buzz.
For an apartment or villa
- If you've decided that a self catering property would be more suitable for your holiday, then we recommend you visit our online booking partner Booking.com where they have a wide selection for all tastes and budgets.
- Eleuthera can be reached via two international airports, Governor's Harbour International Airport and Rock Sound International Airport, which has connecting flights further afield.
- The area is warm all year round, with lows of around 20 and highs of above 20 degrees, heavy rain showers roll through year round. Watch out for Hurricane season, between June and December.
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars for the best prices.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Eleuthera
Pineapple Fields from £131Eleuthera Island, Bahamas
Homely villas near to the beach. Interiors are contemporary with tiled floors, white wooden furniture, full kitchens and artworks. Outdoor pool, tropical gardens. Excellent seafood in the laid back popular restaurant. Friendly, pretty and good value.Hideaway - Make yourself feel at home in your Caribbean villa with incredible views, welcoming decor and activities just on the doorstepFamilies - Full kitchen, dining and living areas in the villas, along with laundry facilities. Massages available for adultsFishing - The many flats up and down the Island are perfect hunting grounds for the elusive bone fishSailing - With two full-service marinas it’s easy to charter a boatRecommended by - Fodors
Sky Beach Club from £226Eleuthera Island, Bahamas
Stunning villas on private beach. Contemporary rooms feature enormous living rooms, mahogany furniture, large bathrooms and kitchens. Superb seafood cuisine in popular restaurant, ambient bar. Luxurious, glamorous and chic.Beach Life - Stunning beach front villas, with enormous windows and verandahs, plenty of sea activities and superb seafood diningDiving - The Devil’s Backbone is a large coral formation off North Eleuthera, notorious for wrecking shipsSights nearby - Spanish Wells fishing villageOn the beach - Private beachRecommended by - Fodors