- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Eleuthera
Eleuthera is a narrow stretch of white, with a little green, stretching 100miles long, some would say the shape of the outline of an ear. A very lovely ear. Eleuthera is best known for being a very, very beautiful place to relax in. Sure, there's plenty you can do, but this is the kind of place where you're really not expected to do very much, and the best places to stay on Eleuthera reflect this.
Everything about Eleuthera is easy. From the choice of airports to the willingness of local folk to give you a lift (there's no public transport - but why would you need it? If you really want to get around it's very easy to hire your own car, or boat, or bike.).
If you do want to experience the best of the island there's plenty to keep you entertained. Of course there are the seemingly endless stretches of beautiful beach, but there are also great fishing waters, some exceptional snorkelling and diving spots - including fascinating underground cave systems, and a couple of good fun surfing beaches.
If you're here on a Friday it's worth attending the fish fry at Governor's House.
As with all good Caribbean properties, the best places to stay in Eleuthera get very busy during the peak months (November to March), so if you want to guarantee a prime spot, book early.
The Best Places to Stay on Eleuthera
- Coral Sands is a stunning, but peaceful 39 room hotel set on nine acres of tropical garden. The rooms are elegant, with a modern tropical feel, and there’s a lovely pool, a library, billiards room and a French-Bahamian restaurant.
- Pink Sands is a sumptuous, beachfront resort with 25 rooms and cottages complete with lovely private decks. The decor features mahogany, wooden floors and tropical shutters, so it feels a bit colonial? Then there’s a 26acre garden, a private beach, a library and a slick bar.
For great value
- Pineapple Fields is a collection of homely, modern villas right by the beach. The friendliness of this hotel, and the generous sized kitchens and living areas in the villas, makes it easy to feel at home here, albeit with a garden that's likely more tropically-beautiful than the one you have at home. It's easy to charter a boat from here, and there's great fishing. It's also great value.
For beach chic
- The Sky Beach Club also has a collection of villas, but these are a little more glamorous. Kitchens, and bathrooms are still large, but there's also a superb seafood restaurant and bar with plenty of buzz.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay on Eleuthera for you?
Best Hotels in Eleuthera
Pineapple Fields from $170Eleuthera Island, Bahamas
Homely villas near to the beach. Interiors are contemporary with tiled floors, white wooden furniture, full kitchens and artworks. Outdoor pool, tropical gardens. Excellent seafood in the laid back popular restaurant. Friendly, pretty and good value.Hideaway - Make yourself feel at home in your Caribbean villa with incredible views, welcoming decor and activities just on the doorstepFamilies - Full kitchen, dining and living areas in the villas, along with laundry facilities. Massages available for adultsFishing - The many flats up and down the Island are perfect hunting grounds for the elusive bone fishSailing - With two full-service marinas it’s easy to charter a boatRecommended by - Fodors
Sky Beach Club from $295Eleuthera Island, Bahamas
Stunning villas on private beach. Contemporary rooms feature enormous living rooms, mahogany furniture, large bathrooms and kitchens. Superb seafood cuisine in popular restaurant, ambient bar. Luxurious, glamorous and chic.Beach Life - Stunning beach front villas, with enormous windows and verandahs, plenty of sea activities and superb seafood diningDiving - The Devil’s Backbone is a large coral formation off North Eleuthera, notorious for wrecking shipsSights nearby - Spanish Wells fishing villageOn the beach - Private beachRecommended by - Fodors