Search the best hotels in Punta Cana
About Punta Cana
A stretch of near-perfect beaches lining the eastern edge of the Dominican Republic, Punta Cana is famed for its expansive luxury resorts. This part of the island is particularly popular with holidaymakers eager to unwind in style, with heaps of facilities and activities on their doorstep. Accommodation options range from wellness-focused hotels to family-friendly resorts fit for a range of tastes and budgets. The best places to stay in Punta Cana are right on the beach, which is absolutely spectacular.
Shallow, tranquil waters and balmy year-round temperatures make this a marvellous beach destination, but there’s also great snorkelling and diving to be done in the Punta Cana area, with nurse sharks, rays and even dolphins to spot amidst brightly coloured fish. Watersport options include sailing, kayaking and water-skiing, and the nearby Indigenous Eyes Ecological Park & Reserve is known for its freshwater lagoons, hiking trails and natural history exhibits.
Venture further west to go hiking and wildlife-spotting in the Parque Nacional Los Haitises, the Parque Nacional Cotubanamá or the nature reserve at Isla Saona, to the south. There are fascinating caves, rock formations, lush jungles and historic ruins to see, too.
Whether you’re travelling as a couple, with friends or as a family, the best places to stay in Punta Cana promise an appealingly relaxing Caribbean beach holiday to remember.
The Best Places to Stay in Punta Cana
- Eden Roc At Cap Cana is a luxurious resort, complete with large private suites and multi-room villas offering plunge pools and hot tubs. Choose from a wide array of bars and restaurants, kick back on the pristine sand, or join in with the wide range of family activity programmes. A superb family choice with an excellent kids club.
- Sivory Punta Cana is an elegant, adults-only retreat. Expect sophisticated rooms and suites, three excellent restaurants and a fabulous spa. The beach is just steps away and the pool picture-perfect. For couples or groups of friends.
- Zoetry Agua Punta Cana, to the northwest, offers superb, all-inclusive resort stays in palm-thatched suites, with big cosy beds and all the mod-cons. An indulgent contemporary pick for travellers in search of rest and relaxation, with a sumptuous spa, candlelit restaurant and glorious sea views from rooms with white-on-white interiors. Very stylish and wellness-focused. Great for couples.
For an Intimate Resort Hideaway
- Tortuga Bay Punta Cana stretches along five miles of untouched coastline, with 11 lagoons, an ecological park and a golf course. Designed by Oscar de la Renta, the 13 luxurious villas feature splendid sea views, plus there are fantastic pools and a world-class spa. Guests are equipped with golf carts to zip around the resort with ease. The ultimate in Caribbean elegance and refinement for couples, groups or families. An intimate escape.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR VILLA
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly into Punta Cana International Airport and travel to your hotel by bus or taxi. Most hotels will be happy to arrange an airport pick up in advance, with larger hotels running regular shuttles from the airport.
- You'll find lots to explore by road across the Dominican Republic! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- With balmy temperatures averaging at around 25 - 28°C throughout the year, the Dominican Republic is a gorgeous tropical destination. Book well in advance if travelling during peak season (December to March), and avoid the hurricane season (June to November) if you can. May is a great choice for hotel deals and quieter beaches!
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in the Dominican Republic.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in the Caribbean.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Punta Cana
Best Hotels in Punta Cana
Sivory Punta Cana Pantanal NONE, Dominican Republic 55 rooms from £234Swimming Pool - It's all about the pool here, utterly dreamy under the palms and with views onto white sand.Foodies - Three restaurants serve award-winning cuisine of many types.HoneymoonsBeach LifeRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels, Kiwi Collection
An extremely luxurious hotel on a remote stretch of coastline. Sumptuous rooms and suites in contemporary classic style with all the mod cons, balconies, and sophisticated furnishings. Three award-winning restaurants, top of the range spa, and the pool is the piece de resistance. Perfection. See More
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana Punta Cana, Dominican Republic 96 rooms from £417All inclusive - Includes branded spirits and fine wines.Total relaxation - The whole idea is total relaxation.Beach Life - Amazing pools and a private beach.Spa breaks - Top of the range spa facilities.
All inclusive hotel designed for total relaxation, beach bathing, and spa pampering. Contemporary chic coconut thatched suites in the height of luxury with all the mod cons, pools, verandahs, and sea views. Plenty of pools, top of the range spa, private beach and multiple cuisines to choose from. See More
Eden Roc at Cap Cana Punta Cana 36 rooms from £497Families - A kids club and family suites makes this a great choice for holidays with children.Active Holiday - From golf to horse riding there's numerous activities to partake in.Fishing - Trips can be arranged from the hotel.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Tablet, Relais & Chateaux
A luxury hotel set beside a stunning white sandy beach. Spacious suites boast private pools, hot tubs and light and airy spaces. A choice selection of bars and restaurants serve gourmet cuisine. A kids club and numerous outdoor pursuits will keep everyone entertained. The ultimate beach break. See More
Tortuga Bay Punta Cana Punta Cana, Dominican Republic from £585Chic - Oh so chic interiors and facilities designed by Oscar de la Renta.Romantic - Bedrooms and suites are the ultimate in Caribbean romance.Luxury - The hotel has received the AAA's Five Diamond Award.Golf - The hotel has it's own 27 hole golf course.Recommended by - Tablet
The ultimate destination for the chicest Caribbean spot. Designed by Oscar de la Renta and occupying 5 miles of untouched coast, 11 lagoons, an ecological park, and golf course. Rooms, suites, and private beach front villas designed to perfection. Restaurants, spa, and pools to go with it. See More