- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Book Online Now
Search the best hotels in Punta Cana
About Punta Cana
Punta Cana is a seemingly endless stretch of near perfect beaches lining the eastern edge of the Dominican Republic. Despite looking like many people's idea of paradise, there isn't that much along this stretch of coast, bar the luxurious resorts which take advantage of the pristine, shallow waters and the fact that the temperatures range from between 26 - 30 degrees all year round. The best places to stay in Punta Cana depends very much on your taste, but you will find every kind of resort you can imagine.
Punta Cana isn't just a pretty face, this is also a great destination for divers and snorkellers - there are opportunities to meet exotic fish of all shapes and sizes, nurse sharks, rays and possibly even dolphins. Up the coast this region also has its own underground cave systems, which make for a quite adventurous day.
What Not To Miss
- Despite being full of lovely beaches, we'd recommend in particular the white sands and turquoise waters of Bavaro Beach and Macao Beach.
- Go cliff jumping into Hoyo Azul, a beautiful blue plunge pool that's 37 metres deep!
- Wander through the Indigenous Eyes Ecological Park & Reserve, an area of stunning natural beauty which boasts no less than twelve freshwater lagoons, a petting zoo and a number of exhibits showcasing the history and culture of the Dominican Republic.
- Go swim with dolphins at the Dolphin Discovery Punta Cana - an unforgettable experience!
Book ahead to avoid disappointment as the best places to stay in Punta Cana get quickly filled up!
To Spoil Yourself
- Tortuga Bay Punta Cana is one of the choice spots in the whole of the Caribbean, with decor carefully crafted by Oscar de la Renta. The resort is surrounded by five miles of private beautiful, unspoiled, white, sandy coastline, some of which is backed by an ecological park and some, a 27 hole golf course. As well as the bright, blue ocean, right in front of the private beach villas there's a choice of 11 lagoons.
- Set on a white sandy beach, the luxurious Eden Roc At Cap Cana is a truly spoiling stay. Boasting chic, light and airy accommodation there's a range of restaurants to choose from and plenty of activities to keep you (or the kids!) occupied. The ideal coastal getaway.
For Utter Relaxation
- The Sivory Punta Cana is an extremely luxurious 55-room resort hotel on a remote stretch of coast. Rooms and suites are sumptuous and modern and there are three,award-winning restaurants, a top of the range spa and the kind of pool which is heavily photographed by holiday magazines.
- The Zoetry Agua Punta Cana is totally geared up towards relaxation with easy access to the private beach, a pampering spa and a choice of restaurants. Accommodation is in chic thatched huts which have all the mod. cons. and more inside.
For An Apartment Or Villa
If you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner Booking.com.
- Punta Cana's never exactly chilly, with the average daily temperature from 25-28°C year-round! It is however affected by the Atlantic hurricane season, from June to November, so it's best to avoid visiting at this time.
- Peak season lasts from December to late February, so if you want to avoid the crowds then consider coming from March to May.
- Guests can fly into Punta Cana International Airport, with most resorts offering a direct shuttle bus to take you where you're staying.
- British Airways fly direct from Gatwick to Punta Cana - the journey lasts just over 9 hours.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Punta Cana
Eden Roc at Cap Cana 36 rooms from £489Provincia la Altagracia, Punta Cana
A luxury hotel set beside a stunning white sandy beach. Spacious suites boast private pools, hot tubs and light and airy spaces. A choice selection of bars and restaurants serve gourmet cuisine. A kids club and numerous outdoor pursuits will keep everyone entertained. The ultimate beach break.Families - A kids club and family suites makes this a great choice for holidays with children.Active Holiday - From golf to horse riding there's numerous activities to partake in.Fishing - Trips can be arranged from the hotel.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Tablet, Relais & Chateaux
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana 96 rooms from £410Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
All inclusive hotel designed for total relaxation, beach bathing, and spa pampering. Contemporary chic coconut thatched suites in the height of luxury with all the mod cons, pools, verandahs, and sea views. Plenty of pools, top of the range spa, private beach and multiple cuisines to choose from.All inclusive - Includes branded spirits and fine wines.Total relaxation - The whole idea is total relaxation.Beach Life - Amazing pools and a private beach.Spa breaks - Top of the range spa facilities.
Sivory Punta Cana 55 rooms from £230Pantanal NONE, Dominican Republic
An extremely luxurious hotel on a remote stretch of coastline. Sumptuous rooms and suites in contemporary classic style with all the mod cons, balconies, and sophisticated furnishings. Three award-winning restaurants, top of the range spa, and the pool is the piece de resistance. Perfection.Swimming Pool - It's all about the pool here, utterly dreamy under the palms and with views onto white sand.Foodies - Three restaurants serve award-winning cuisine of many types.LuxuryHoneymoonsRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels, Kiwi Collection
Tortuga Bay Punta Cana from £576Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
The ultimate destination for the chicest Caribbean spot. Designed by Oscar de la Renta and occupying 5 miles of untouched coast, 11 lagoons, an ecological park, and golf course. Rooms, suites, and private beach front villas designed to perfection. Restaurants, spa, and pools to go with it.Chic - Oh so chic interiors and facilities designed by Oscar de la Renta.Romantic - Bedrooms and suites are the ultimate in Caribbean romance.Luxury - The hotel has received the AAA's Five Diamond Award.Golf - The hotel has it's own 27 hole golf course.Recommended by - Tablet