- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in St Lucia
About St Lucia
St Lucia is a great beauty, with lush green jungles, tall peaks and plenty of West Indian charm. Add to that perfect bays, private coves and bright blue seas and you have one of the world's most idyllic tropical islands. Perfect for honeymooners. The best places to stay on St Lucia are known for their charm, colour and beauty too. Among the best are a number of small luxury resorts.
St Lucia divides into two distinct regions, the busier north where you'll find the majority of the tourist infrastructure and the larger resorts (Gros Islet is a good place to start your research), and the quieter, mountainous south, around Soufrière - which is also where you find many of the old plantations. The best places to stay in St Lucia are probably split evenly between the two.
If you're looking for adventure the two Pitons, Gros Piton and Petit Piton, might draw you to St Lucia - for most people climbing Gros Piton is an achievable goal. But you might also be tempted by the drive-in volcano, or the sulphur springs.
St Lucia's Pigeon Island National Park is also worth a visit, especially if you're interested in seeing Fort Rodney, an old British naval base.
In addition, St Lucia is a great spot for snorkellers and divers and there are reefs off a number of beaches.
What Not To Miss
- Spend an afternoon wandering around Anse Mamin, a former sugar plantation that has a fantastically secluded beach area, great walking trails and is a haven for mountain bikers.
- Take in the frescoes adorning the Immaculate Conception Church. One of the largest churches in the Caribbean, it boasts wonderfully colourful interiors and you can take a tour to learn more about the history of Catholicism in the region.
- Go hiking around the Pitons, consisting of the Petit Piton and the Gros Piton, twin volcanic spires. You'll love the stunning views once you get to the top!
- Be sure to pass by Pigeon Island National Park, a 44-acre spot where you can learn about the island's history (including its occupation by pirates), go visit the ruins of Fort Rodney or just relax on the beautiful beach.
- For some local colour you can't miss Castries Central Market.
The Hotel Guru's selection of the best places to stay in St Lucia caters to all tastes and budgets from stunning, five star, no-holes-barred luxury to a relaxed B&B in the heart of Rodney Bay Village.
The Best Places to Stay in St Lucia
For a special occasion
- Ti Kaye is a collection of charming bungalows surrounded by shady gardens. Quiet and romantic, some of the rooms go for all out luxury, including private plunge pools and outdoor showers.
- If you're looking for a honeymoon destination, Ladera, with its adult's-only ambience, colonial-chic decor, private plunge pools and spacious rooms with no fourth wall, is perfect. There are just 32 rooms and the views of the Pitons are incredibly memorable.
- Sugar Beach, A Viceroy Resort boasts a superb beachfront location. Offering elegant whitewashed accommodation with opulent bathrooms, each room also has a private garden and plunge pool! What's more, outstanding cuisine's served up - what more could you ask for?
- Capella Marigot Bay, situated a short distance from the marina, offers smart accommodation featuring slate floors and high vaulted ceilings, whilst most also have private plunge pools and terraces. What's more, there's an outdoor pool (with its own waterfall!), a spa and wonderful international cuisine served up.
- The adults only Rendezvous is set in a former coconut plantation. Their gorgeous rooms feature bamboo floors and four posters, whilst there's also an outdoor pool, spa, tennis courts and splendid cuisine. Enjoy romantic picnics on the beach or head off on a sunset cruise.
- Jade Mountain is a truly wondrous spot. Their spacious rooms feature modern furniture, private infinity pools and, most importantly, have had their 'fourth wall' removed - offering sublime vistas of the Piton Mountains. And, it's just a stone's throw away from the beach!
- Offering individual villas in a superb spot surrounded by dense tropical vegetation, Stonefield Villa Resort is set in a former lime and cocoa plantation in the village of Soufriere. Unwind by the scenic pool before enjoying the wonderful views at sunset!
- The luxurious Cap Maison is located above Smuggler's Cove. Offering spacious rooms and villas, there's also an outdoor pool, spa and gardens. Book yourselves a villa suite - some even come with a private pool, jacuzzi or rooftop terrace.
- Boucan By Hotel Chocolat is a contemporary property located in a cocoa plantation. The rooms feature plenty of dark wood furniture, modern four poster beds and lovely bathrooms, whilst there's also an outdoor infinity pool and a spa.
For a tropical beach break
- Anse Chastanet is a pre-air-conditioning and high-tech-gadgets resort right on the beach front, with complimentary watersports, gym, spa and tennis courts and a choice of five restaurants. Just off the coast are coral reefs, so it's perfect for snorkellers.
- The BodyHoliday at Le Sport is a 'wellbeing' hotel right on the beach. The idea of this resort is that it focusses on fitness and relaxation, so there are spa treatments and personal trainers and everything else you can imagine. In a truly idyllic location.
- Calabash Cove is a dreamy beachfront spot, boasting chic and airy rooms featuring plenty of dark wood and sunset-facing terraces. Enjoy a refreshing dip in the infinity pool (that is, if you don't fancy a dip in the sea!) and make use of their extensive spa facilities to truly unwind.
- East Winds Inn is set amidst 14 acres of stunning gardens, boasting chic and airy accommodation with plenty of wooden furnishings and light hues. This secluded hideaway also provides top-notch grub as well as offering direct beach access.
For great value
- Ginger Lily on Rodney Bay is a colourful B&B with large, tropical style rooms and hammocks on the balconies. There are just 11 rooms and family suites with full kitchens and living spaces. Plus, you're only a short stroll from the beach. All starting from £72 per night!
- Cotton Bay Village is a cluster of colonial style villas on a secluded, private beach. Rooms start at £132 per night, but there are larger suites which can sleep the whole family, or higher end suites with their own private pools and French antiques.
- Coco Palm is an elegant hotel in a French colonial style building with spacious, antique filled rooms, beautiful gardens and a spa and gym. Their 103 hotel rooms start from just £102 per night.
- Windjammer is an elegant, contemporary resort with direct beach access. The size of this resort - 330 rooms, means they're able to provide something for everyone, from candlelit suppers on the beach, to an excellent kid's club, to private jacuzzis.
- Coconut Bay is a large all-inclusive resort on the Atlantic beach front with separate adults only and family wings. The family side offers all sorts of fun tours and watersports, but both have beautiful, peaceful beach views.
- Bay Gardens Beach Resort near Rodney Bay is a colourful, smaller resort with good sized rooms and suites, and family villas with full kitchens and plenty of bedrooms. And if you choose a beachfront room you'll be just metres from the sand.
For An Apartment Or Villa
- If you think you'd be best served by a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- It's probably best to visit St Lucia between May and June, when the weather's lovely (with an average temperature of 28°C) and there are enviable room rates to take advantage of. It's busiest and most expensive from December to April, so you might want to avoid visiting at this time. Hurricanes and tropical storms are most likely during September and October, so these months should be avoided.
- If you're coming internationally, you can fly to Hewanorra International Airport (UVF), with British Airways, Iberia, Virgin Atlantic and Thompson going direct from London Gatwick and flights lasting around 9 hours.
- The airport is located about an hour and a half drive south of Castries, the capital city. Be warned though that taxis aren't metered and so the driver can charge you as they see fit, therefore it may be best to pre-book an airport shuttle service for an agreed price.
- Those coming from elsewhere in the Caribbean or from Puerto Rico can also fly into George F.L. Charles Airport.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure which to book?
Best Hotels in St Lucia
Ginger Lily 11 rooms from £72Rodney Bay Village, St Lucia
Colourful B&B in Rodney Bay. The large rooms have tropical print furnishings, big bathrooms and hammocks on the balconies. Outdoor pool and gardens, short stroll to beach. Relaxed bar area. Ideal for families and great value for money.Families - Spacious suites have full kitchens and living room areas and can accommodate all the familySights nearby - St. Joseph the Worker ParishGreat walks - To nearby Rodney Bay MarinaSwimming Pool - Outdoor poolRecommended by - Fodors
Coco Palm 103 rooms from £127Rodney Bay Village, St Lucia
Elegant hotel in French colonial style building. The rooms are spacious and filled with mahogany furniture, sleigh beds and with claw-foot baths. Outdoor pool, gardens, spa and gym. Some rooms are swim up from the pool. Great Caribbean menu and lively bar. Charming, pretty and good value.Active Holiday - The hotel has an excellent menu of tours and activities which are thoughtful and interestingFamilies - Elegant family suites with adjoining bedrooms, and plenty of tours and activities for allBirdwatching - Hike with our experienced Nature Interpreters and watch for endemics like the St. Lucia Parrot and OrioleSights nearby - Guided tour of picturesque fishing villages of Anse La Raye and CanariesRecommended by - Fodors
Windjammer 330 rooms from £154Gros Islet, St Lucia
Elegant family friendly beachside resort. Rooms and villas feature contemporary furniture, four poster beds and private terraces. Outdoor pool, gym, tennis courts, spa and direct beach access. Superb Mediterranean menu, laid back beach bar. Luxurious, spacious and outstanding location.Honeymoons - Couples massages, candle lit dinners on the beach, champagne breakfast in your roomFamilies - Chic, spacious and functional family suites, excellent kids club, spa for adultsPrivate Hot Tub - Some suites have private jacuzzisKids Club - Fully staffed.Recommended by - Fodors, CN Traveller
Cotton Bay Village 75 rooms from £164St Lucia
Clusters of villas on secluded beach front. Colonial style rooms feature dark wood shutters, French antiques and private pools. Shared outdoor pool, spa, gym and private beach. Superb fusion cuisine, slick bar. Family friendly and great value.Families - Bigger suites can hold everyone, excellent kids club, child friendly activities and menus, spa for adultsSights nearby - Rodney BayKids Club - Fully staffed.Local markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Fodors
Bay Gardens Beach Resort 36 rooms from £170Gros Islet, St Lucia
Colourful resort in Rodney Bay. Rooms and suites are spacious with four poster beds, modern bathrooms and ocean breeze-sized windows; the suites have proper kitchens. Big outdoor pool, spa and games room. Asian-Caribbean fusion cuisine and lively beach bar. Excellent value and location.Beach Life - Choose a beachfront room and you'll be just metres from the sand; take coastal walks or take the chance to learn a watersportFamilies - Villas have proper kitchens, plenty of bedrooms, and the hotel has both adult and child friendly activitiesSights nearby - St. Joseph the Worker Parish and Rodney Bay MarinaSailing - Hobie cat sailing coursesRecommended by - Fodors
Coconut Bay 250 rooms from £240St Lucia
All inclusive Atlantic-facing beach resort with separate adult only & family wings. Spacious rooms have colourful artworks, cream furnishings and balconies. Outdoor pool, spa, gym, tennis court and direct beach access. Fabulous cuisine of varying formalities. Friendly, idyllic and fantastic value.Romantic Break - 'Harmony' wing of hotel is adults only, beach front horse riding and sunset sailingFamilies - 'Splash' family wing of hotel, kids club and tours which are suitable for all agesSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Kids Club - Fully staffed.Recommended by - Fodors
Stonefield Villa Resort 18 rooms from £240Soufriere
Stonefield Villa Resort is set on a former lime and cocoa plantation in the village of Soufriere. Unfussy individual villas equipped with their own kitchenettes, private pools and patios with fantastic surrounding views. Locally sourced meals at the Mango restaurant. Wonderfully romantic!Back to Nature - This stunning property is perched on a sea-facing hillside coated in dense tropical vegetationRomantic Break - A superb setting offering privacy and beauty-the ideal choice for a romantic getawayFishing - Full day fishing tours can be arranged upon request by Stonefield Villa ResortGreat walks - Wander along the beach at sunset and take in the gorgeous viewsRecommended by - Tablet, I Escape
Fond Doux Plantation 16 rooms from £243Soufriere
A salt of the earth plantation retreat in lush jungle south of Soufriere. Secluded cottages with fourposter beds, private terraces and plunge pools are dotted amongst the cocoa and cinnamon trees. The food is authentic and hearty and the spa offers volcanic mud wraps. An eco-honeymooners dream.Great walks - Wander along the on site nature trail and learn about the crops they produce, the plantations history and take in the viewsBack to Nature - The lush forest provides an everchanging display of birds, flowers, insects and butterflies- be truly at one with natureBirdwatching - A birdwatchers paradise with St Lucia orioles, bananaquits, St Lucia pewees and hummingbirds- to name a few!Honeymoons - Wonderfully private cottages with fourposter beds are scatterd around the dense jungle on 135 acresRecommended by - I Escape
Anse Chastanet 49 rooms from £273Soufriere, St Lucia
St Lucia as it was pre air-con and hi-tech. Large rooms have wooden shutters, hard wood floors, artworks and big terraces. Direct beach access, complimentary watersports, gym, spa and tennis courts. Five restaurants providing equally excellent cuisine. Piton views, jolly decor and relaxed ambience.Hideaway - No technology in the rooms, secluded spot in the bay and quiet ambience all leave you feeling truly relaxedSnorkelling - Surrounded by stunning coral reefsLocal markets - Choiseul, the island’s not-for-profit village co-operative that sells leatherwork, weaving, ragdolls and potteryFull of characterRecommended by - I Escape, Kiwi Collection, Fodors
Ti Kaye 33 rooms from £299Anse La Raye, St Lucia
Charming bungalows amongst shady gardens. The rooms have romantic four poster beds, walk-in wardrobes and outdoor showers; some with private plunge pools. Outdoor pool, superb spa, gym and beach access. Excellent fresh St Lucian cuisine, jolly bar. Quiet and ideal for couples.Beach Life - Secluded sea-facing bungalows with hammocks, plunge pools and plenty of beach activitiesSights nearby - Visit Soufriere (there are daily excursions) to see the picturesque harbour-village set beneath the Piton mountainsSailing - Off St Lucia’s lovely west coast in a catamaran or monohullRestrictions on children - Children over 12 welcomeRecommended by - Fodors, I Escape, Frommers
Cap Maison 49 rooms from £334St Lucia
Sensational hotel above Smuggler's Cove. Rooms & villas are spacious, with shuttered windows, dark wood furniture and large verandahs. Villas have kitchens, living rooms & flexible layouts that are perfect for families or groups. Outdoor pool, gym, spa and gardens. Luxurious, intimate and serene.Groups - One-bedroomed suites can join; ideal for up to 3 couples. Sitting room with a dining area, a full kitchen and 2 verandasHoneymoons - Splash out on a Villa Suite, some with a pool, a Jacuzzi or a roof terrace - total privacy and seclusionBirdwatching - Little blue herons, hummingbirds, magnificent frigate birds, broadwinged hawks, mocking birds and even ospreys on the estateSpa - Wide range of pampering treatments (including couples massages) offered in a variety of locations.Recommended by - I Escape, CN Traveller
Boucan by Hotel Chocolat 14 rooms from £345Soufriere, St Lucia
Contemporary hotel in a cocoa plantation. Rooms have dark wood furniture, modern four poster beds and sumptuous bathrooms. Outdoor infinity pool, gardens, spa and terrace. Excellent cocoa based menu, and great bar. Ideal for those wanting a slice of urban chic, off the beaten track.Back to Nature - Learn about where chocolate comes from, walk through the forests and take sailing tripsViews - Stunning views over St Lucia's famous PitonsCooking classes - Tree to Bar class, which starts with guests cutting cacao pods and ends with creating chocolate bars and trufflesSpa - Cacao Rejuvenated spa offers a wide range of treatments including massage, facials & much moreRecommended by - Tablet, Mr & Mrs Smith, Fodors
Ladera 32 rooms from £399Soufriere, St Lucia
Colonial-chic adults only hotel overlooking the Pitons. Spacious rooms have no fourth wall, dark wood four posters, antiques and private plunge pools. Shared outdoor pool, gym and spa. Excellent local cuisine in the terraced restaurant. Adult, secluded, stunning.Hideaway - Enjoy the luxurious spa, jaw-dropping views, adults only ambience and seclusion of your private poolCooking classes - Daily morning cookery demonstrations at the bar at Dasheene.Sailing - Travel to Martinique aboard the Flying RayRestrictions on children - Children are not allowedRecommended by - Tablet, Fodors, Kiwi Collection
Capella Marigot Bay 124 rooms from £422Marigot Bay, St Lucia
Contemporary hotel near the marina. The rooms have slate floors, big beds and high vaulted ceilings. Most rooms with private plunge pools and terraces. Outdoor pool with waterfall, gym and spa. Excellent international fare in restaurant, characterful bar 'The Rum Cave'. Slick, laid back, luxurious.Romantic Break - Enjoy marina views, sunset sailing trips, watersports and a very chic hotelSailing - Marina location, abundance of sailing trips availableSights nearby - Roseau Valley Banana PlantationGreat walks - L'Anse la Raye BeachRecommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection
East Winds Inn 30 rooms from £423Gros Islet, St Lucia
Elegant all inclusive beachfront hotel in 14 acres of lush gardens with 30 large airy rooms in cottages scattered throughout. Outdoor pool, direct beach access, outdoor fitness track & complimentary yoga classes. Fantastic fresh local cuisine, jolly bar area. Ideal for a laid back, low key holiday.Wellbeing - From yoga & pilates to fitness and diet, all aspects of guests' wellbeing are taken care of.Hideaway - Secluded location and quiet atmosphere, extensive bird-filled grounds and shore nearbyGarden - Stunning 14 acre gardens with over 100 tropical species to discover.Diving - Dive shop, Caribbean Divers, is just 200 yards down the shoreRecommended by - Kiwi Collection, Fodors
Calabash Cove 26 rooms from £425Gros Islet, St Lucia
Gorgeous beach front hotel. Contemporary rooms feature dark wood furniture, exposed beams and terraces with hammocks; larger suites have outdoor showers. Outdoor infinity pool, lush gardens, spa and private beach. Excellent Asian cuisine; swim-up pool bar. Chic, slick and friendly.Honeymoons - The ideal honeymooners spot with sunset facing private terraces, spa treatments and much more!Private Hot Tub - Book a swim up junior suite or watersedge cottage for your own jacuzziSwimming Pool - Outdoor infinity pool. Watersedge Cottages have private plunge poolsViews - Great views south to Castries and north to MartiniqueRecommended by - Fodors
Rendezvous 57 rooms from £649Castries, St Lucia
Adults only hotel in former coconut plantation. The rooms have bamboo floors, four posters and sumptuous bathrooms. Outdoor pool, tennis courts, gym, spa and shady gardens. Both formal French dining and relaxed Caribbean fare; chic bar. Romantic, secluded and very laid back.Honeymoons - Adults only resort and totally catered to romance with sunset cruises, couples spa and beach picnicsCooking classes - Bar and cocktail coursesRestrictions on children - Adults onlyRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Fodors
Sugar Beach, a Viceroy Resort 78 rooms from £783Soufriere, St Lucia
Stunningly situated, gorgeous family-friendly hotel. Elegant rooms have white furniture, chandeliers, walk-in closets and opulent bathrooms. Each room has private garden and plunge pool. Tennis courts, gym and spa, direct beach access. Outstanding cuisine, chic bar. Luxurious and spacious.Foodies - Farm to Table tour with Chef Daniel Hurtado to source the organic produce, visit fish market and then cook it up togetherFamilies - Clubs for both older and younger children, including kayaking and treasure hunts, babysitters and child friendly menusOutstanding location - Stunning location at the foot of St Lucia's iconic PitonsGreat walks - A fifteen minutes boat ride via water taxi will take you to the base of Gros Piton where one starts the hikeRecommended by - Fodors, Kiwi Collection, Tablet
The BodyHoliday at Le Sport 152 rooms from £834Gros Islet, St Lucia
Splendid adults-only, all inclusive, wellbeing hotel on the beach. Rooms feature four poster beds, marble floors and elegant bathrooms. Outdoor pool, spa, gym, tennis courts and watersports. Fantastic pan-Asian cuisine, music evenings in the buzzy bar. Rejuvenating, relaxing and carefree.Active Holiday - Wellbeing hotel focuses on fitness and relaxation - spa treatment, personal trainer and sports lesson included in the rateSpa - Daily spa treatment included in the rateSights nearby - Pigeon Island National ParkRestrictions on children - Adults onlyRecommended by - Fodors
Jade Mountain 28 rooms from £1017Soufriere, St Lucia
Sublime hotel in the mountainside. The spacious rooms all have views of Piton Mountains, wooden floors, modern furniture and private infinity pools. Shared outdoor pool, gym, spa and tennis courts. Outstanding seafood cuisine, slick bar area. Luxurious, stunning and chic.Romantic Break - Adult ambience, private infinity pools, jaw dropping views and spa treatmentsSights nearby - Near the St. Lucia's famous Piton mountains, a Unesco World Heritage SiteRestrictions on children - Children over 16 welcomeOn the beach - Two private beachesRecommended by - Kiwi Collection, Fodors, Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet