Search the best hotels in Cavtat
Perched on a small peninsula in the Dubrovnik Riviera lies Cavtat, a beautiful blend of Renaissance architecture and sun-drenched beaches. The perfect place for a family seaside holiday, there is something for everyone from fascinating historical sites to pretty pebbled beaches. Our collection of the best places to stay in Cavtat is just as broad with charming traditional properties to budget friendly options.
In ancient times, the town was called Epidaurum, and it was refugees from Epidaurum that founded the great walled city of Dubrovnik; Cavtat is considered to be a great sightseeing base as it is only 30 minutes from Dubrovnik - the city can be seen from Cavtat - but is far from the madding crowds that descend there every year. With two harbours, a pretty waterfront and picturesque promenade lined with great seafood restaurants, Cavtat, (pronounced tsav-tat) is a hidden jewel of the Adriatic.
One of her many boons is its delightful beaches, most of which are pebbled and boast the clearest and cleanest waters around. Between the beaches and the Old Town (which teems with gorgeous Gothic Renaissance architecture) are evergreen pine and cypress trees. The Old Town is delightful to walk around, whether you're strolling along its medieval walls, exploring the old amphitheatre and monastery, or St. Nicholas' Church - a magnificent 15th century church.
What not to miss
- Sunbathe on the pebbled beaches surrounding the town.
- Explore the Franciscan monastery and the nearby amphitheatre.
- Walk along the Rat peninsula and check out the ancient settlements and mosaics.
- Visit the Baltazar Bogisic - a museum of curios featuring everything from Roman amphorae to tribal art.
- Take the 30 minute trip to Dubrovnik.
- Find some solace in St. Nicholas' Church.
Picturesque and teeming with good food, beautiful beaches and fascinating historic sites, Cavtat is Dubrovnik without the crowds. Don't miss out! Check out our collection of the best places to stay in Cavtat to find out more.
The best places to stay in Cavtat
- Villa Pattiera: a small and traditionally-furnished property in the heart of town, offering elegant and spacious rooms, a sumptuous restaurant and lovely drinks terrace. Just a stone's throw from the beach!
- Hotel Croatia Cavtat: unbelievable value for money. This luxurious 5 star resort offers opulent and stylish rooms, access to two beaches, incredible restaurants, a kids club and balconies with incredible 180 panoramic views.
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of villas and apartments in the nearby area.
- Fly to Dubrovnik Airport and either get a taxi or airport shuttle to Cavtat.
- If you want to rent a car we recommend contacting our partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to go is during the summer when the temperature ranges between 18 and 29 degrees.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Cavtat
Villa Pattiera 12 rooms from £98Cavtat
A good choice for a less touristic holiday on the Dalmatian coastline. A traditional hotel in the town of Cavtat within striking distance of the beach. Simple, but very spacious, rooms have parquet floors and mahogany furnishings. A bit off the beaten track, but better value.Traditional - All rooms are furnished with antiques and have oak floors.Sights nearby - 40 mins to Dubrovnik by boat taxiSailing - Can be booked nearby.Local markets - Good for local colour.
Hotel Croatia Cavtat 487 rooms from £91Cavtat
This five-star luxury hotel and spa overlooks Cavtat Bay on the beautiful Adriatic coast. Sitting on a pine-forested peninsula, the hotel offers access to two pretty beaches. The best of the stylish and modern rooms boast balconies with a 180-degree panoramic sea view. An indulgent beach getaway.Families - With a kid's club, babysitting services and spacious family suites, this hotel is great for familiesBeach Life - The hotel has private access to two quiet and pretty beaches, making it great for a beach breakRomantic Break - Couples love the cocktails at the hotel bar and romantic spa treatmentsDiving - Choose from a range of local diving centres and explore the wonders of the Adriatic Sea