- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Dalmatian Coast
About Dalmatian Coast
The Dalmatian Coast is best known for its climate: Mediterranean on the coastline, but quickly changing to alpine just inland in mountains which roll right down to the sea in a particularly picturesque way. There are a number of lovely towns and cities lining the coast, many containing the best places to stay in the Dalmatian Coast and all of which seem to have their best side facing out to sea, so one of the best ways to appreciate this area's beauty is from the deck of a yacht.
All our Dalmatian Coast Collections:
- Best Hotels on the Dalmatian Islands
- The Best Places to Stay in Dubrovnik
- The Best Places to Stay on Hvar
- The Best Places to Stay in Split
What not to Miss
- Island hopping, around what are really flooded peaks of the same alpine range, is certainly a good way to explore the region, but many spots along the coastline deserve more than a drop in. Some of the best places have good links to other local centres, making it easy to hop around from a land-base.
- Northern Dalmatia stretches from the Kvarner Riviera to Split, including Zadar and Trogir. Split is the largest city in the region, so makes an easy base. The Old Town, built around a vast Roman palace, is exceptionally beautiful. Zadar is the other large town in the region, again with an impressive Old Town littered with Roman ruins, medieval churches and excellent museums.
- Northern Dalmatia is probably better known for the scenery, with some breathtakingly lovely National Parks and some of the least built up islands along the Dalmatian Coast. Pasman and Uglijan are examples of those less built up islands.
- Beautiful Pag has some of the region's best sandy beaches, as well as the famous party resort of Novalja.
- The most famous Dalmatian islands are in the centre of the region. Starting with Solta, just off the coast from Split and heading south you'll hit Brac, Hvar, Vis and Korcula. Solta is well developed and very visitor-friendly; Brac is lush with pines and figs and is known for clear waters; Hvar has the fertile vineyards, gorgeous beaches and medieval towns; Vis has more of those lovely, sandy bays and beaches, and Korcula, the largest, is loved by cyclists.
- The southerly part of the Dalmatian Coast is where you'll see palm trees and olive groves along the ribbon of Adriatic blue, but the grey cliffs and peaks are still right behind the coast. This is also where you'll find Dubrovnik. A favourite of famous aesthete Elizabeth Taylor, Dubrovnik's sheltered, emerald harbour, 13th century walled town and its Stradun, said to be one of the world's most beautiful main streets, are endlessly enchanting. It sounds over the top, but you'll see...
If you're going to visit during the busy summer months, the best places to stay in the Dalmatian Coast will get booked up well in advance. So either get organised and plan ahead, or come in the quieter months when this beautiful region is far less crowded!
For the Coastline
- The 59 room Adriana Hvar Spa Hotel is strikingly stylish, with its glass façade and roof top bar. Situated in a prime position on the yacht harbour, it is a boutique spa hotel with echoes of South Beach Miami.
- Once a castle holiday home, now a 13 room boutique hotel, the Boutique Hotel Kazbek is on the bay of Lapad and has stunning rooms and suites benefitting from the castle’s original features. There’s also a fantastic restaurant and pool.
- The Riva Yacht Harbour Hotel is on Hvar's promenade and boasts beautiful views of the harbour. It is a hip hotel and is very popular with young couples. Full of Hollywood glamour, it is a place to see and be seen.
- Split’s Hotel Marmont is close to both the seafront and the heart of the Old Town. It boasts contemporary chic rooms encased in a beautiful 15th century shell, plus outside terrace and busy cocktail bar.
- The Lesic Dimitri Palace is a gorgeous collection of boutique apartments right on the Bay of Kor?ula. As well as having beautiful creamy decor and all the mod. cons., the Palace has a lovely Mediterranean style spa and offers wine tastings. Apartments sleep between two and nine.
For History Buffs
- Traditional and elegant, the Hotel Bastion is just a few minutes from Zadar's old town and built into the city's ramparts.
- Historic townhouse, the Pucic Palace in Dubrovnik also has plenty of traditional charms. There's art on the walls, parquet underfoot and a beautifully frescoed bar and restaurant.
- Hotel Vestibul Palace is situated in the heart of Split’s Diocletian Palace. Luxury combined with contemporary interiors located bang in the centre of the Old Town.
- If you do want to be in the heart of the old town, one of the best places to stay in Zadar is the Hotel Bastion. As well as being close to everything, this hotel is built right into the city ramparts. And with some of its traditionally elegant rooms sleeping up to four, this is also a great option for families.
- The Villa Dubrovnik is certainly luxurious enough for Elizabeth Taylor. With private beach, private ocean view balconies, excellent Mediterranean restaurant and the possibility of having a jacuzzi on your balcony means it's probably luxurious enough for anyone!
- Glass fronted, state of the art Hotel Bellevue has fresh and neutral interiors with spectacular views and an excellent spa.
- The Grand Villa Argentina is a stunning villa turned 127 room hotel positioned right on Dubrovnik’s waterfront. It’s has a private beach as well as a full service spa and three excellent restaurants, two pools and lush gardens.
- Pag’s Hotel Boskinac is a stunning, 11 room, stone house with wonderful balconies and views and a gourmet seafood restaurant. Extremely romantic and with its own wine cellars and tasting rooms.
- Martinis Marchi is on Solta, a boat ride from Split, and is an excellent Croatian castle conversion with huge suites sleeping between four and six - so, ideal for families. Especially when you consider how pretty and welcoming the island is!
- The Villa Dubrovnik is a beautiful five-star hotel built into the cliffs of Dubrovnik. The collection or rooms, suites and villas includes two six-sleepers and a number of rooms with private balconies and jacuzzis. There’s a pool, an excellent restaurant and a private beach too.
- The Strandun Apartments are a collection of boutique style apartments in Dubrovnik’s Old Town. Light and airy, with contemporary decor, each apartment sleeps up to four, and offers all the mod. cons. plus the measure of staying in a 17th century townhouse.
- If you’d prefer a villa holiday, consider the Villa Meneghello on Hvar. It has just two apartments overlooking the ocean, with white washed walls splashed with colour. There’s a dining terrace, and you can arrange a chef by request, plus there’s a pool, bikes, table tennis and the beach is basically on your doorstep.
- Split’s Divota Apartment Hotel is a stylish collection of rooms, apartments and a three bedroom house, it is perfectly situated for exploring the city.
With a Private Beach
- Hvar’s 40 room Podstine Hotel is located in a beautiful bay surrounded by palms, cypress and hundred year old pines. It has a spa with outdoor pool, Finnish sauna and facilities for treatments, massages etc. There is an excellent seafood restaurant specialising in local wines – private tastings are available on request.
Best Guesthouses and B&Bs
- The Villa Allure of Dubrovnik is a stunning little guesthouse hotel with nine contemporary rooms with elegant decor and wonderful sea views from sprawling terraces. There is a pool and you’re only a short walk from the beach.
For Great Value
- The Amoret Apartments are a collection of traditional apartments located just five minutes walk from Buza Beach with wonderful views over Dubrovnik’s Old Town. Each apartment has a kitchenette, wi-fi and extra beds. From around £65 per night.
- Who says cheap accommodation has to be grotty? At Split’s Design Hostel Goli + Bosi you'll find a range of incredibly inexpensive yet stylish rooms. Plus a fantastic pizzeria! Prices start from just €20 per person if you're in one of the dorms.
- Kor?ula’s Tara’s Lodge is a modern, stylish hotel with 17 sleek, minimalist rooms, whitewashed walls and private balconies facing out onto a secluded, turquoise bay. Rooms start from around £85 per night.
For an Apartment or Villa
If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or private villa we recommend you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Dubrovnik, Split and Zadar are the main gateways to the Dalmatian Coast. Dubrovnik airport is 20kilometres outside the city centre, or you can arrive by boat or cruise ship - of course. Zadar airport is eight kilometres from the centre of town and is in the middle of the Adriatic so is busier than you might imagine if you’ve never heard of Zadar. Split airport is popular with the low-cost airlines.
- If you want to hire a car - which we highly recommend if you’re staying on the Dalmatian Coast and you don’t have a sailing boat - we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- Summer has the nicest weather, but this is peak time for visiting the Dalmatian Coast and between the cruise ships and those restricted by school holidays, it’s pretty busy. So the best times for most of us to visit are May-June or September-October when the days are long and sunny, the sea is still warm enough to swim in, the attractions and restaurants are all open - but you don’t have to queue for them.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Dalmatian Coast
La Villa, Lopud 8 rooms from $81Lopud
An idyllic stone cottage B&B on the waterfront. Contemporary boutique rooms in bright colours, gorgeous open terraces with sea views, excellent table d'hotes with produce straight from the garden. Snorkelling, diving, exploring. An active beach holiday in a remote spot.Views - Great views from hotelSights nearby - Franciscan monasteries and medieval churches, 16th-century Renaissance gardens of Trsteno Arboretum, 24km NW of Dubrovnik.Remote - Just 220 inhabitants on the island, no cars, and village stone cottages.Kayaking - A great way to explore the Elafiti islands.Recommended by - I Escape
Villa Orsula 11 rooms from $696Dubrovnik
The ultimate in romantic chic. A beautiful traditional Mediterranean villa with stylish modern rooms and fantastic amenities. Luscious gardens lead to a private beach, a renowned chef provides fantastic cuisine from terraces, and sea views drift over the bay and islands. Luxurious, highly romantic.Views - Breathtaking views of the Adriatic Sea, Lokrum Island and Dubrovnik Old Town.Foodies - Delicious Mediterranean cuisine by executive chef Thierry Caruel.Romantic BreakCity Style
B&B Skyfall 3 rooms from $126Split
Modern interiors offer a chic stay in the beautiful Split. Big bedrooms have minimalist bathrooms, and either city or sea views. Restaurant offers a la carte menu, with plenty of other options close by. Minutes from the city's sights or a day at the beach.Local exploring - The best of both worlds with chic rooms offering sea or city views and easy accessSights nearby - Republic Square, Dicoletian's Palace and Cathedral of St Domnius all very closeViews - Great views from hotel
Villa Dubrovnik 56 rooms from $151Dubrovnik
A beautiful Five Star hotel crafted by local architects from the rock face in Dubrovnik. Designer rooms, suites, and villas are contemporary with sea facing balconies, some with private jacuzzis. Excellent restaurant, pool, spa, private rocky beach, and lots of privacy. Romantic luxury.Views - Fabulous views over the Adriatic and of the old city.Families - 2 villas sleep 6 each.5* Luxury - Very high service standards.GroupsRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet
Hotel Bellevue, Dubrovnik 77 rooms from $185Dubrovnik
State of the art glass hotel set in the cliff face in central Dubrovnik. Contemporary designer rooms, family suites, and suites have neutral tones, all the high techery and private balconies. Two restaurants, excellent spa, and immediate access to all the sights. A luxury spot, very family friendly.FamiliesBeach LifeSights nearby - Easy walking distance of the Old TownViews - Fabulous views across Miramare BayRecommended by - Kiwi Collection, Tablet, CN Traveller
Hotel Marmont 20 rooms from $151Split
An old-town hotel perfect for the cultural explorer. 21 minimalist chic rooms with kingsize beds and big bathrooms. Many historic sights, day trips, and lots of beach life. A sumptuous seaside spot for couples.Historic - Mediterranean side streets and the Sveti Duje CathedralRomantic Break - Situated in the UNESCO-listed old town of SplitDesigner - Minimalist furniture and bathroomsSailing - Ultra SailingRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
Antique Split Luxury Rooms 8 rooms from $109Split
An elegant hotel in the heart of the historic centre of Split. Traditionally styled rooms feature exposed brick walls, parquet flooring made complete with gorgeous city views. Within walking distance of many of the sights. A charming base for city exploring.Local exploring - Well located in the historic centre of Split and within walking distance of many sights.Sights nearby - Discover the legacy of the Roman Empire in Split’s UNESCO World Heritage Site, Diocletian’s Palace.Romantic - Good for couples.Full of character
Pucic Palace 19 rooms from $229Dubrovnik
A historic townhouse hotel in the the centre of Dubrovnik's old town. The sandstone building has traditional rooms and suites with wooden beamed ceilings, parquet floors and paintings on the walls. Lovely frescoed bar and restaurant. An authentic choice right in the thick of it. Family friendly.City StyleSights nearby - Bang in the centre of the Old Town, just minute from the old portDiving - Good diving nearby.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - I Escape, CN Traveller
Martinis Marchi 7 rooms from $291Maslinica, Dalmatian Coast
A beautiful Croatian castle renovation of the island of Solta, a boat ride from Split. A historic house with beautiful interiors that echo tradition. Enormous suites sleep between 4 and 6, all with private balconies looking onto the pool. Romantic, remote, and family friendly.Families - All the suites sleep 4, some sleep 6.Romantic BreakGroupsSights nearby - Short boat ride into Split
Hotel Vestibul Palace 11 rooms from $304Split
A traditional Dalmatian house with chic minimal interiors in central Split. Rooms and suites have original stone walls, big sky lights, white walls, and sparse furnishings. Good Mediterranean restaurant and walking distance to all the attractions. A stylish spot for Split.Local exploring - From Split you are able to explore the Croatian islands, such as Korcula, Hvar, Vis.Sights nearby - St Domnius Cathedral, ruins at Saloma, the capital of the Roman province of Dalmatia.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.Local markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Small Luxury Hotels
Villa Pattiera 12 rooms from $128Cavtat, Dalmatian Coast
A good choice for a less touristic holiday on the Dalmatian coastline. A traditional hotel in the town of Cavtat within striking distance of the beach. Simple, but very spacious, rooms have parquet floors and mahogany furnishings. A bit off the beaten track, but better value.Traditional - All rooms are furnished with antiques and have oak floors.Sights nearby - 40 mins to Dubrovnik by boat taxiSailing - Can be booked nearby.Local markets - Good for local colour.
Villa Allure of Dubrovnik 9 rooms from $227Dubrovnik
A stunning little guesthouse-hotel. Contemporary classic rooms have four poster beds, beige tones, and elegant furniture. Wonderful sea views from sprawling terraces, swimming pool, and walking distance to the beach, restaurants, and Dubrovnik's stunning Old Town.Views - Stuning views over the Mediterranean and Dubrovnik Old TownBeach LifeSights nearby - Close to Dubrovnik's historic old townSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Hotel Bastion 28 rooms from $142Zadar
A good four star option a few minutes from Zadar's old town. Traditional elegant rooms, some sleep up to 4, with subtle lighting, rich fabrics, and wallpapered walls. Excellent restaurant and terrace, spa and business room. A good choice for any traveller.Sights nearby - Located on the peninsula close to all major attractionsLively - Zadar is know for its nightlife and bar sceneLocal markets - Good for local colour.SpaRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux
Design Hostel Goli + Bosi from $23Split
Fantastically modern hostel from a newly renovated 19th century warehouse. A range of modern minimal rooms, dorm-style rooms, and suites provide excellent value accommodation for families and groups of friends. Simple but delicious pizzeria and access to all the sights.Groups - Three and four person dorm-style rooms perfect for groups of friends.Contemporary - Superbly contemporary and minimal rooms all in white.Value chicTraditional - An old 19th century warehouse conversion.
Judita Palace Hotel 8 rooms from $296Split
A romantic hotel just near Diocletian's Mausoleum. Beautiful rooms and suites have stone walls, creamy furnishings, wooden floors and all the mod cons. Charming terrace, sitting room, library and restaurant. A stylish spot for a stop-over in Split.Sights nearby - Diocletian’s Palace, Peristyle and Diocletian’s Mausoleum.Romantic - Good for couples.Views - Great views from hotelSailing - Can be booked nearby.
Roko House 3 rooms from $91Dubrovnik
A simple but stylish collection of rooms and apartments with kitchenettes in central Dubrovnik. Creamy rooms and two bedroom suites have wooden floors and minimal furnishings. An excellent value spot for families, groups of friends, or those on a budget.Value chicFamiliesSights nearby - House of Marin Drzic, Dubrovnik Aquarium, Dubrovnik Cable Car, Onofrio's Fountain and Franciscan Monastery.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.
Grgur Ninski Rooms 4 rooms from $69Split (Dioklecijanova ul. 8)
A chic bed and breakfast located inside Diocletian's Palace in Split. Rooms contrast old and new with exposed stone walls, minimalist white-on-white décor, and contemporary furnishings. Breakfast is served at a nearby cafe. The perfect place to soak up the city's history and architecture.Local exploring - Located within the Palace, it's in the heart of the Old Town with tourist attractions, restaurants and cafes around.Value chic - Great value for money considering its cool interiors and superb location inside a UNESCO world heritage monument.Writing a novel - Be inspired by all the history around you! Writing desks in rooms.Sights nearby - Gregory of Nin and the Cathedral of St. Domnius are both moments away from the hotel.
Stradun Apartments from $113Dubrovnik
A boutique collection of apartments in the Old Town. Light, airy, and contemporary decoration within a 17th century townhouse. Each suite has all the mod cons, including DVD players, and a kitchenette. A great option for a family or a couple for a summer beach holiday or a winter retreat.Families - Each apartment sleeps up to 4.Beach LifeHoneymoonsSailing - Take a boat to Elaphiti islands - Kolocep, Lopud or Sipan - for walking, swimming, sunbathing.Recommended by - I Escape
Grand Villa Argentina 127 rooms from $301Dubrovnik
A stunning Dalmatian villa sits on the waterfront with breathtaking views, its own private beach, and a full service spa. Rooms and suites, slightly traditional, but very luxurious with private balconies. Three excellent restaurants, beauty salon, spa treatments, two pools, and picturesque gardens.Spa breaks - A full service garden-view spa.Views - Fabulous views from all angles.Foodies - Three excellent restaurants.Luxury
Amoret Apartments from $82Dubrovnik
Traditional apartments, excellent value, just a five minute walk from Buza beach. Apartments have kitchenettes, extra beds, wifi, and wonderful city views over the Old Town. Rooms are rather antique but offer unbeatable rates. Ideal for anyone on a budget, very convenient too.Views - Stunning views over the Old Town.Value chicSights nearby - Dubrovnik's Old Town is a highlight.Kayaking - Adriatic Kayak Tours.Recommended by - I Escape
Heritage Hotel 19 7 rooms from $185Split
A charming boutique property in the centre of historic Split. Beautifully renovated rooms keep their original charm yet have a fresh contemporary feel. Indulgent breakfasts are served in the lobby overlooking the courtyard which later turns into an honesty bar. A delightful base to explore the town.Local exploring - Ideally placed on a quiet cobblestreet just a short walk from the town's main attractions.Great walks - Take long walks through the cypress and Mediterranean pine tree forest just outside Split.Sights nearby - Wander through the Diocletian's Palace and view the St Domnius Cathedral.Romantic - Good for couples.
Villa Vilina 15 rooms from $155Dubrovnik, Lopud
A beautiful stone house on Lopud Island with stunning sea views in a privileged location. Simple traditional rooms, some with private balconies, roof top terrace and pool, excellent restaurant and BBQs, and immediate access to the sea. An ideal spot for a peaceful romantic getaway or wedding.Views - On the water's edge the hotel has fantastic sea views.Romantic Break - A romantic paradies on a small island.Swimming Pool - Roof top pool with views.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.
Azur Palace 5 rooms from $81Split
This chic guesthouse located only ten minutes from the beach provides modern and spacious rooms in a traditional style building. Close to the city sights, it's ideal for those wanting to take in all that Split has to offer. It also has its own garden for relaxing in the sun.Local exploring - Its urban location means exploring Croatia's second biggest city couldn't be easier!Beach Life - The Split coast and beaches are nearby, making this a perfect spot.City Style - Situated in the heart of Split.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.
Hotel Sipan 76 rooms from $51Hrvatska, Dalmatian Coast
Idyllic seaside hotel in fisherman's village. Contemporary rooms have light wood furniture, artworks and some with sea facing balconies. Excellent Mediterranean cuisine using local, organic produce. Pretty and great value.Beach Life - Plenty of hidden bays to discover by boat or kayak, stroll through pretty harbour or wander down to one of many sandy beachesKayaking - Only a kayak will enable you to swim in the most secluded and most beautiful spotsSights nearby - Skočibuha Castle and the Church of the Holy Spirit in SuđurađSailing - From Sipanska Luka Harbor
Falkensteiner Hotel & Spa Iadera 110 rooms from $249Petrčane, Dalmatian Coast
A fabulous contemporary spa hotel on the Petrcane peninsula. Panoramic ocean views, a state of the art spa covering two floors, fantastic Dalmatian cuisine, and charming nautical themed rooms and suites with all the mod cons. A sophisticated choice for a spa and beach holiday, family friendly too.Foodies - Dalmatian specialities in two restaurants.Spa breaks - A two floor state of the art spa.Families - Plenty of children's activities.Luxury
Hotel Excelsior 158 rooms from $224Dubrovnik (Ploce)
A modern five-star hotel with mesmerising vistas of the Adriatic. A short walk from Dubrovnik's stunning historic centre, the hotel's superb spa is the perfect place to relax after a day's exploring. Palatial rooms fitted with terrace showcase the area's natural beauty. A coastal oasis.Spa breaks - Excelsior has a strong focus on wellness, making it the perfect place for a relaxing spa break.Local markets - Wander through the bustling markets of the historic fortified Old Town of Dubrovnik.Snorkelling - Perfectly situated to explore the abundant sea life of the Adriatic.Seaviews - Enjoy sublime views out onto the Adriatic sea.
Tara's Lodge 17 rooms from $173Korčula, Korcula
A modern stylish hotel situated on a stunning secluded bay on Korcula. Sleek minimalist rooms with white washed walls and bay facing balconies. By day explore the areas beautiful coastline and in the evening relax in the bar and admire the stunning views. A grown up and indulgent getaway.Beach Life - A beautiful beachside hotel, in the charming village of Zrnovska Banja with suites and terraces overlooking the turquoise bay.Local exploring - A perfect launchpad for exploring the fascinating island of Korcula, either by land or by sea.Fishing - Sea fishing trips can be organised by the hotel, a great way to spend an afternoon.Sights nearby - History buffs must visit St. Blaise's Fortress just a mile from the hotel.Recommended by - I Escape
Lesic Dimitri Palace from $389Korčula, Korcula
Gorgeous collection of boutique apartments in the Bay of Korcula. Creamy, chic suites with all the mod-cons. Variety of watersports in the beautiful bay, Mediterranean spa and wine-tasting in the hotel. Ideal for families or romantic breaks in the sun.Families - Boutique apartments sleep 2 to 9 peopleRomantic BreakSpa - All treatments are influenced by the Silk Road, Thailand and the Mediterranean, it's a truly unique experienceCooking classes - Check for timings.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
Bracka Perla Agroresort from $270Brač, Hrvatska, Brač
Traditional Mediterranean boutique on the island of Brac. Colourful Mediterranean rooms, gorgeous garden terrace with pool, stunning sea views, and a spa. Perfect for a beach holiday on a sunny island. Not far from all the attractions and boat life.Families - Almost all the rooms have a kitchen, perfect for preparing picnics for children.Garden - Beautiful garden terrace with olive trees and shady spots.Romantic Break - Jacuzzi on the outdoor terrace and hotel spa.Traditional - Made from traditional Brac StoneRecommended by - I Escape
Divota Apartment Hotel 24 rooms from $136Split
A renovated stone town house with a collection of contemporary chic rooms, studio apartments and one house. Interiors are all white with wooden floors and all the mod cons. Kitchens, sitting rooms, and in the thick of all the attractions. Stylish and family friendly.Private Hot Tub - Book the three bed villa and get your own private terrace with hot tubSights nearby - Unesco-listed Diocletian's Palace, Cathedral of St. Duje.Sailing - Catch a boat to Hvar, Vis, or Pag.Birdwatching - Good birding near the hotel.Recommended by - I Escape
Boutique Hotel Kazbek 13 rooms from $243Dubrovnik
A luxury boutique castle hotel, previously a holiday home, in the heritage bay of Lapad. Stunning rooms and suites, traditional in style with wooden beamed ceilings and attractive furnishings. Fantastic regional restaurant, pool and courtyard, and speed boats to hire.Beach LifeTraditional - The summer castle of a Croatian noble family.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Johansens