Congratulations - your website is looking brilliant. Libbla Kelly.
Search the best hotels in Krk Island
About Krk Island
Croatia's largest and busiest island, Krk Island is an alluring place steeped in history, culture and natural beauty. From the forests in the west to the rocky ridges to the east, it is home to some 10,000 people: the ideal destination for a family seaside holiday, there countless things to do, from scuba diving amongst shipwrecks or sunbathing at the beach, to walking through the charming medieval streets of Vrbnik, learning about the dead "Glagolitic" language to partying in an ancient Roman temple. Our collection of the best places to stay in Krk Island have something for everyone from family-friendly to seaside chic.
Lying on the east coast, Vrbnik is a charming tangle of a medieval village, far from the madding crowds. There is the famous Kozica Beach - ideal for sunbathing - and a church baring manuscripts of the Glagolitic language, a dead Slavic language. It is also where you can sample the world-renowned Zlahtina wine - a straw-coloured dry white wine.
Krk Town is the largest settlement on the island, and as such boasts some fine seafood restaurants. In the heart of the picturesque town stands the Trg Kamplin - something you won't find on any maps - a series of rounded towers built by the Frankopans, where summer concerts and theatrical performances are held. Be sure to also visit the Cathedral, a gorgeous Romanesque building constructed in the 12th century, where Roman mosaics were found, alluding to the presence of an ancient church. There is also Volsonis - a nightclub - set within an ancient altar of Venus, the Roman goddess of love.
Baska has the best beaches. But it is also where you will find the Aquarium, teeming with seahorses, grouper fish and morays. Baska is also where the first Glagolitic was written, and in testament to this heritage, 34 sculptures - each representing a letter of the alphabet - stand bright and still like runes.
What not to miss
- Try your hand at wakeboarding or surfing, the best spots lie near Kornic.
- Take a boat ride from Punat out towards the Franciscan monastery - still active - where you can find a 1000 year old Hebrew Bible, and original Glagolitic manuscripts.
- Sample some quality local Zlahtina - a bone-dry white wine.
- Visit the cathedral in Krk Town and admire the early Christian symbolism of birds and the Romanesque style of the architecture.
- Immerse yourself in the Glagolitic language in the parish church of Vrbnik.
- Walk around the aquarium in Baska, admiring the grouper fish and seahorses.
- Fancy a wild and strange nightlife with the Romans? Head to Volsonis - a nightclub set within an ancient Roman altar!
- Take in a summer concert at the Trg Kamplin.
A varied island rich in culture, history and outstanding natural beauty, Krk Island is great for families and couples alike. Fancy going? Check out our list of the best places to stay in Krk Island to start planning your trip.
The best places to stay on Krk Island
Value for money
- Heritage Hotel Forza: a gorgeous hotel set in a 19th century building in the heart of Baska, offering simple and elegant rooms, with exposed stone walls and wooden beams, and sumptuous local cuisine in the restaurant. A great place to stay for couples on a budget!
- Viontel Gospoja: ideal for families, offering spacious contemporary rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows and large terraces. Relax in the pool or in the pampering spa - and enjoy a truly chic hotel in a truly enchanting setting.
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of villas and apartments in the nearby area.
- The best time to go is during the summer when the temperatures range between 19 and 30 degrees. The southwestern area tends to have milder climates, while the southeastern parts tend to be hotter.
- Fly to Rijeka Airport on Krk Island, which has connections to some major European cities.
- If you want to rent a car we recommend contacting our partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Krk Island
Heritage Hotel Forza 16 rooms from £79Baška, Krk Island
This beautiful heritage hotel occupies a restored 19th-century building in Baška's old town. The rooms boast original architectural features, from stone walls to exposed wooden beams, complemented by classic interior design. Sample fresh, Mediterranean cuisine in the bistro; a pretty seaside stay.Beach Life - Located a short stroll from the seafront, this is a great hotel option for a beach holidayLocal exploring - Discover the historical sites in the pretty town during your stayGreat walks - Krk has a plethora of walking trails; choose from paths along the coast or more challenging routes for experienced hikersSights nearby - Visit the Church of St. Lucy in Jurandvor, a Romanesque Catholic church from the year 1100
Vinotel Gospoja 22 rooms from £162Vrbnik
A quaint, stylish, hotel offering panoramic views of the sea and surrounding beaches and villages. Contemporary rooms are centred around the views with floor-to-ceiling windows and large terraces. Boasting a pool and indulgent spa this is a chic small-hotel ideal for relaxing holidays in the sun.Outstanding location - Located in a medieval village perched on the edge of a cliff overlooking the expansive Adriatic seaSpa breaks - Stylish indoor pool, sauna, massages and al-fresco food provides an experience of wellbeingFoodies - Try traditional pasta dishes indigenous to the island, or attend wine tasting toursBeach Life - Surrounded by crystal-clear seas and pretty pebbled beaches