- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Losinj
Losinj is one of the myriad Croatian islands in the North Adriatic just South of the Istrian Peninsula. It is the eleventh largest island in the Adriatic and is home to some 9,600 souls. The island enjoys a warm sunny climate and as you can imagine the best places to stay in Losinj become extremely busy during the peak summer months. But come in the shoulder season and you'll find the perfect spot for some rest and relaxation, all just a short ferry ride from Zadar.
What Not To Miss
- Historically, Losinj goes back to Greek and Roman times, and you'll find ruins of Roman villas and churches.
- More recently, during the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, Losinj prospered through trade and was a shipping and shipbuilding centre - there were seven yards at one point. Now, however, the harbour at Mali (the capital) is home to pleasure crafts and one of the most popular holiday activities is to hire a yacht and explore the many small islands in the vicinity.
- Mali itself is a town of real character - a mix of Italian and Yugoslav styles. Elsewhere on the island are pretty fishing villages and a pine forested interior.
- Losinj is possibly most remarkable now as a ‘wellness centre’. In the nineteenth century the scientist Ambroz Harasic declared that the island was the healthiest place in the Austro-Hungarian Empire! The Emperor came to stay and the reputation remains.
- Or relax on the beach - with striking blue water if you need to taking a refreshing dip.
All of the best places to stay in Losinj are geared towards de-stressing, rejuvenation and relaxation. There are spas and therapy centres galore, and for more active types the island is good for walking, cycling, diving and watersports.
The best places to stay in Losinj
- Hotel Manora is the perfect pick for a family holiday. The accommodation is flexible with many multi-person options, you're just five minutes from the beach, there's both an indoor and outdoor play area, outdoor pool and great restaurant.
For an apartment
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday - don't hesitate to visit our online partner, Booking.com for a diverse range of properties, perfect as a base for exploring the island.
- Fly to Rijeka Airport located 89km (55 miles) from Losinj with a selection of flights across Europe.
- Alternatively, catch a ferry to Losinj with regular services from nearby cities and islands.
- If you want to rent a car to explore the island - click here for prices and booking with our online partner, Rental Cars.
- Best time to visit - the summer from June to August for the warmest weather, ideal for enjoying the beaches and outdoor pursuits.
Still Not Sure?
Best Hotels in Losinj
Hotel Manora 22 rooms from £74Losinj
A charming hotel on the Island of Losinj, only five minutes from the beach. The simple and comfortable rooms all boast exquisite views of Osorcica Hill or the sea. With a fantastic restaurant, an outdoor pool, a lovely terrace and a relaxing spa. Great value for money.Active Holiday - Check out the range of local activities from snorkelling, to diving, hiking, tennis, fishing or windsurfingFamilies - The perfect family getaway with multi-person suites available and both an indoor and outdoor play area!Total relaxation - For a chilled out break, enjoy the hotel's spa and sauna facilities or book yourself a massageSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.