Search the best hotels in Losinj
Losinj is one of the myriad Croatian islands in the North Adriatic just South of the Istrian Peninsula. It is the eleventh largest island in the Adriatic and is home to some 9,600 souls. The island enjoys a warm sunny climate and as you can imagine the best places to stay in Losinj become extremely busy during the peak summer months. But come in the shoulder season and you'll find the perfect spot for some rest and relaxation, all just a short ferry ride from Zadar.
What Not To Miss
- Historically, Losinj goes back to Greek and Roman times, and you'll find ruins of Roman villas and churches.
- More recently, during the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, Losinj prospered through trade and was a shipping and shipbuilding centre - there were seven yards at one point. Now, however, the harbour at Mali (the capital) is home to pleasure crafts and one of the most popular holiday activities is to hire a yacht and explore the many small islands in the vicinity.
- Mali itself is a town of real character - a mix of Italian and Yugoslav styles. Elsewhere on the island are pretty fishing villages and a pine forested interior.
- Losinj is possibly most remarkable now as a ‘wellness centre’. In the nineteenth century the scientist Ambroz Harasic declared that the island was the healthiest place in the Austro-Hungarian Empire! The Emperor came to stay and the reputation remains.
- Or relax on the beach - with striking blue water if you need to taking a refreshing dip.
All of the best places to stay in Losinj are geared towards de-stressing, rejuvenation and relaxation. There are spas and therapy centres galore, and for more active types the island is good for walking, cycling, diving and watersports.
The best places to stay in Losinj
- Hotel Manora is the perfect pick for a family holiday. The accommodation is flexible with many multi-person options, you're just five minutes from the beach, there's both an indoor and outdoor play area, outdoor pool and great restaurant.
For an apartment
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday - don't hesitate to visit our online partner, Booking.com for a diverse range of properties, perfect as a base for exploring the island.
- Fly to Rijeka Airport located 89km (55 miles) from Losinj with a selection of flights across Europe.
- Alternatively, catch a ferry to Losinj with regular services from nearby cities and islands.
- If you want to rent a car to explore the island - click here for prices and booking with our online partner, Rental Cars.
- Best time to visit - the summer from June to August for the warmest weather, ideal for enjoying the beaches and outdoor pursuits.
Still Not Sure?
Best Hotels in Losinj
Hotel Manora Losinj 22 rooms from £73Active Holiday - Check out the range of local activities from snorkelling, to diving, hiking, tennis, fishing or windsurfingFamilies - The perfect family getaway with multi-person suites available and both an indoor and outdoor play area!Total relaxation - For a chilled out break, enjoy the hotel's spa and sauna facilities or book yourself a massageSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Hotel Bellevue Lošinj, Losinj 205 rooms from £177Beach Life - With its own private beach, and indoor and outdoor seawater pools, this is a great option for a beach holidaySpa breaks - Book in for a cutting-edge treatment at the uber modern spa and make this a luxury spa breakRomantic Break - Book a suite with a terrace hot tub for a romantic break with a differenceDiving - Join an organized dive and explore underwater attractions like Margarina cove, a 17m deep canyon with a shipwreck
A luxury hotel and spa on the exclusive island of Lošinj. The best of the bright and spacious suites boast a terrace hot tub and ample, sleek living space. Relax in the seawater pool or on the hotel's pretty private beach. The innovative hotel spa is well worth a visit. An indulgent island hideout. See More
Boutique Hotel Alhambra Losinj 49 rooms from £276Romantic Break - Offering romantic, exlusive cruises as well as secluded coastel spots for a private dining experienceArchitectural - Breathtaking, colourful, retro-classical architecture designed in 1912 by Alfred KellerSpa breaks - A fabulous spa offers a Finnish sauna, heated pool and mediterranean treatmentsRomantic - Good for couples.
This luxurious hotel perfectly combines its original Art Noveau architecture with chic modern design. Lavish rooms are equipped with chandeliers and marble furnishings. The food and spa are utterly indulgent; whilst private cruises, aeroplane tours and seaside dining promise a lavish coastal stay. See More