Search the best hotels in Rab
An island lying off the Northern Croatian coast in the deep-blue Adriatic Sea, Rab is extremely popular with tourists, and for good reason. Far from being a honeytrap for "sand and sun" tourists, it is a diverse landscape of barren karst to the northeast, oak forests to the southwest and in the middle, low-lying fertile plains peppered with olive groves and rolling green sunswept vineyards. The ideal place for history lovers and nature-enthusiasts, the town of Rab features a charming Old Town steeped in history: lined with ancient stone streets in the shadow of medieval chapels and the ruins of a fortress, it is flanked by four 900-year-old belltowers that stare nobly out to sea. Perhaps the greatest magnetic pull of Rab lies in its beaches, because Rab boasts more beaches than anywhere else in the Adriatic - from sunlit sheltered pebbled coves to swathes of white sand - and watersports like sailing and scuba diving are, unsurprisingly, popular too. The quintessential family holiday escape, the best places to stay in Rab include plush contemporary resorts and elegant classical hotels.
What not to miss
- Sunbathe on one of the many beaches on Rab - the best are in the Lopar Peninsula.
- Wander the ancient streets of Rab Town and admire the Renaissance palaces.
- Visit St. Mary the Blessed, a gorgeous 13th century cathedral with a small museum inside.
- Explore the ruins of the fortress.
- If you're there between 25-27 July, enjoy the medieval festival and knights tournament.
- Take a day trip out to Northern Velebit, a national park, and drink in the rugged landscape of karst.
- Walk through Komrcar Park amidst the cypress and oak trees.
- Climb the 900 year old Great Bell Tower.
- Go scuba diving amongst shipwrecks with Kron Diving, in Kompar.
Simply brimming with activities, from historic sightseeing and hiking to scuba diving and sunbathing, making Rab the perfect destination for a family holiday. Browse through our list of the best places to stay in Rab to start planning your trip.
The best places to stay in Rab
- Grand Hotel Imperial: a renovated 4* heritage hotel in the historic centre of Rab, offering plushly-furnished rooms with private balconies looking out to sea, a swimming pool, tennis courts and a sumptuous gourmet restaurant. Great for families.
- Arbiana Heritage Hotel: a sophisticated luxury hotel in the Old Town dating back to 1924, where tradition and modernity are seamlessly blended, offering contemporary rooms adorned with retro furniture, an outdoor pool and a restaurant serving fine Mediterranean cuisine.
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of villas and apartments in the nearby area.
- The best time to go is during the summer, when the temperature ranges between 19 and 30 degrees. Be sure to book early - rooms get booked-up like hotcakes!
- Fly to Rijeka International Airport and get one of the daily catamarans to Rab Town.
- If you want to rent a car we recommend contacting our partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include all our properties on the Dalmatian Coast.
- Browse through our pick of the best places to stay in Croatia.
- Or contact one of our Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Rab
Best Hotels in Rab
Grand Hotel Imperial Rab, Rab 136 rooms from £56Spa breaks - Pamper yourself with luxurious treatments in the wellness centre, which includes a spa zone, saunas, and indoor poolRomantic Break - The plush suites, romantic restaurant and adults-only policy all make this hotel a favourite with couplesBeach Life - Located a stone's throw from the seafront, this hotel is perfect for a beach holidaySights nearby - Take advantage of free boat transfers from the hotel to see the secluded beaches in the coves of the Frkanj peninsulas
This renovated heritage hotel is nestled next to the historic centre of Rab. The best of the four-star suites have plush soft furnishings and sea views from the balcony. Relax on a sun lounger by the pool or hire rackets for a game on the hotel's own tennis courts. A luxury Mediterranean retreat. See More
Arbiana Heritage Hotel Rab 28 rooms from £113Active Holiday - A range of outdoor activities are on offer and are the perfect way to explore the rich Mediterranean landscapeLocal exploring - Wander around the Old Town of Rab and view its beautiful monasteries and churchesKayaking - Check out the magnificent coves and bays, lagoons and secluded beaches by kayakSwimming Pool - Outdoor swimming poolRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
A sophisticated luxury hotel located in the old town of Rab on the Adriatic dating back to 1924. The old and the new seamlessly blend as rooms are decked out with retro furniture and modern TVs.The hotel restaurant serves fine Mediterranean cuisine and there is an outdoor pool for guests. See More