- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Rovinj
Rovinj or Rovigno is a city in the Istrian region of Croatia, lying on a peninsula on the Adriatic. Historically, ‘Rovigno’ was a part of the Republic of Venice (until 1797). Culturally its Italian ties remain strong - the town is officially bilingual. Following the fall of Venice, Rovigno became absorbed into the Austrian Empire, then became Italian again from 1928 to 1947, when it was incorporated into Yugoslavia. Today, it is one of Croatia’s little gems and the best places to stay in Rovinj offer ideal bases for soaking up this rich heritage.
The Venetian connection remains: there are daily ferries to and from Venice which take two hours. Rovinj itself is best explored on foot or on bicycle.
The surrounding islands and mainland are staggeringly beautiful. The sea is a joy to swim in during the summer months.
What Not To Miss
- Meander around the narrow cobblestone streets of the city's historic Old Town before stopping for a coffee in one of the many cafes.
- There are lots of ancient monuments - particularly impressive is the Balbi Arch, which is the original city entrance. You can also climb up the campanile of St. Euphemia’s Cathedral for a lovely view of Rovinj.
- Culture vultures should make sure to visit the Heritage Museum in the Baroque Palace.
- You can also browse the Valdibora open-air market (truffles a speciality) and wander through Grissa, the artists’ street, or Rovinj’s ‘Montmartre’.
Croatia is becoming an increasingly popular summer destination, so if you want to be sure of a bed in one of the best places to stay in Rovinj during the peak summer months, get organised and book early. Alternatively, come in the quieter months - when the sun is still warm but the crowds have gone.
The best places to stay in Rovinj
- Hotel Lone is an extremely chic 5* establishment - a stylish luxury beach hotel with every facility that you could wish for; sea, beach, spa, gym, tennis and three gourmet restaurants all in a stunning situation.
- Set in a stone farmhouse in the countryside south of Rovinj, Wine Hotel & Restaurant Meneghetti offers rustic chic accommodation, lovely Mediterranean cuisine and an intimate atmosphere. Ideal for a romantic getaway.
For Jet Set sophistication
- On the ‘riviera’, Hotel Monte Mulini is an effortlessly cool hotel with views to die for. A plethora of activities on tap; diving, sailing, tennis, sea fishing, fine wining and dining.
For An Apartment Or Villa
If you think you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner Booking.com.
- Rovinj is obviously nicest weather-wise in the summer with July and August experiencing average temperatures of 24°C.
- However, this is peak tourist season so if you fancy a quieter and cheaper alternative then consider coming in May, September or October.
- The nearest place to fly into is Pula Airport, located approximately 30km south of Rovinj. From the airport, take a taxi to Pula bus station and then hop on a bus to Rovinj.
- British Airways fly direct to Pula from Heathrow, Easyjet from Gatwick and Bristol, Jet2 from Stansted, Manchester, Leeds and Edinburgh whilst Ryanair also go from Stansted.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Holiday Autos.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Rovinj
Hotel Lone 248 rooms from $201Rovinj
Outstanding 5* by crystal sea of Lone Bay. Minimalist rooms feature private balconies, uber modern bathrooms and pale wood furniture. Indoor and outdoor pool, beach area, gym, spa and tennis courts. Three restaurants and four bars all focus on gourmet hospitality. Immeasurably chic.Total relaxation - Like a curvy ship into the hills, the spacious hotel's gardens are fragrant with lavender and rosemary, with a superb spaRomantic Break - Float from indoor pool, to spa, to luxurious beach club with concierge and cocktailsGreat walks - In pleasant shade of trees in the protected Zlatni rt forest park (Punta CorrenteSights nearby - Church of Our Mother of Mercy
Hotel Monte Mulini 99 rooms from $668Rovinj
A superbly swanky hotel on the Croatian Riviera. Large slick modern design throughout rooms and suites, private balconies with stunning bay views, and all the mod cons. Two excellent restaurants, top of the range spa, four tennis courts nearby. A sophisticated spot for a beach holiday.Views - Wonderful views over the bay.Spa breaksRomantic BreakChic