Search the best hotels in Rovinj
Rovinj or Rovigno is a city in the Istrian region of Croatia, lying on a peninsula on the Adriatic. Historically, ‘Rovigno’ was a part of the Republic of Venice (until 1797). Culturally its Italian ties remain strong - the town is officially bilingual. Following the fall of Venice, Rovigno became absorbed into the Austrian Empire, then became Italian again from 1928 to 1947, when it was incorporated into Yugoslavia. Today, it is one of Croatia’s little gems and the best places to stay in Rovinj offer ideal bases for soaking up this rich heritage.
The Venetian connection remains: there are daily ferries to and from Venice which take two hours. Rovinj itself is best explored on foot or on bicycle.
The surrounding islands and mainland are staggeringly beautiful. The sea is a joy to swim in during the summer months.
What Not To Miss
- Meander around the narrow cobblestone streets of the city's historic Old Town before stopping for a coffee in one of the many cafes.
- There are lots of ancient monuments - particularly impressive is the Balbi Arch, which is the original city entrance. You can also climb up the campanile of St. Euphemia’s Cathedral for a lovely view of Rovinj.
- Culture vultures should make sure to visit the Heritage Museum in the Baroque Palace.
- You can also browse the Valdibora open-air market (truffles a speciality) and wander through Grissa, the artists’ street, or Rovinj’s ‘Montmartre’.
Croatia is becoming an increasingly popular summer destination, so if you want to be sure of a bed in one of the best places to stay in Rovinj during the peak summer months, get organised and book early. Alternatively, come in the quieter months - when the sun is still warm but the crowds have gone.
- Hotel Lone is an extremely chic 5* establishment - a stylish luxury beach hotel with every facility that you could wish for; sea, beach, spa, gym, tennis and three gourmet restaurants all in a stunning situation.
- Set in a stone farmhouse in the countryside south of Rovinj, Wine Hotel & Restaurant Meneghetti offers rustic chic accommodation, lovely Mediterranean cuisine and an intimate atmosphere. Ideal for a romantic getaway.
For Jet Set sophistication
- On the ‘riviera’, Hotel Monte Mulini is an effortlessly cool hotel with views to die for. A plethora of activities on tap; diving, sailing, tennis, sea fishing, fine wining and dining.
For An Apartment Or Villa
If you think you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner Booking.com.
- Rovinj is obviously nicest weather-wise in the summer with July and August experiencing average temperatures of 24°C.
- However, this is peak tourist season so if you fancy a quieter and cheaper alternative then consider coming in May, September or October.
- The nearest place to fly into is Pula Airport, located approximately 30km south of Rovinj. From the airport, take a taxi to Pula bus station and then hop on a bus to Rovinj.
- British Airways fly direct to Pula from Heathrow, Easyjet from Gatwick and Bristol, Jet2 from Stansted, Manchester, Leeds and Edinburgh whilst Ryanair also go from Stansted.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of the best places to stay in Rovinj.
- Extend your search to include the best places to stay in Istria.
- Or feel free to contact one of our friendly gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Rovinj
Best Hotels in Rovinj
The Melegran Rovinj (Istria) 8 rooms from £78City Style - This is a great base for exploring Rovinj's historic old town; visit the nearby Heritage Museum during your stayFamilies - With a self-contained apartment suite adjoining the hotel, there are good options for a family stay hereRomantic Break - The unique design and picturesque location of this hotel make it a great romantic break destinationSights nearby - Visit the church of St. Mary of the Rocks – a tiny chapel hidden in the woods just outside Beram
Tucked away on a quiet street in the middle of Rovinj's old town is The Melegran, a modern boutique hotel. Colourful, individually designed rooms have part-exposed stone walls and vintage-style soft furnishings. The spacious apartment suite is great for families. A chic and contemporary guesthouse. See More
Hotel Angelo d'Oro Rovinj (Istria) 27 rooms from £82City Style - Located on a quiet street a stone's throw from the city centre, this is a great option for a city breakRomantic Break - With cosy bedrooms and an intimate walled garden, this hotel is great for couples on a romantic breakLocal exploring - There is lots to see in the historic town of Rovinj, explore on foot or hire bikesSights nearby - Discover St Euphemia's Basilica, a Baroque church located in the heart of the historic part of Rovinj
This historic hotel is nestled on a quiet street close to Rovinj's main square. In the stylish renovation exposed wooden beams are complemented by antique furniture and rich, earthy linens. Enjoy breakfast in the stone-walled garden or relax with a drink in the cosy bar. An intimate city guesthouse. See More
Hotel Adriatic Rovinj (Istria) 18 rooms from £84Short fly break - It is easy to see all of the medieval town during a short stay in Rovinj, making this hotel a great short fly stayCity Style - The fantastic central location makes this a great base for exploring the historic city during your holidayRomantic Break - With less than 20 rooms, this intimate and quiet hotel is perfect for couplesSights nearby - Head to the beach on the island of St. Katarina with a free ticket courtesy of the hotel for the boat service and sunbed use
In this chic, harbour-front art hotel bright, modern rooms look out over the sea or the picturesque old town. The unique design of each suite includes original pieces produced by contemporary artists for the hotel. Enjoy an à la carte breakfast at the hotel's brasserie in this luxury port hotel. See More
Spirito Santo Palazzo Storico Rovinj (Istria) 7 rooms from £95Active Holiday - With diving, snorkelling and sailing available off the Adriatic coast, this is a perfect start to an active holidayCity Style - The central location of this hotel means it is a great base for exploring Rovinj's historic centreRomantic Break - This historic hotel, set in a picturesque medieval city, is a great setting for a romantic breakDiving - Enquire at the hotel for information on local diving schools which offer courses and diving packages
This luxury hotel sits in Rovinj's historic centre. Dating back to the 1820s, the complex is made up of three renovated houses boasting original frescoes and sea views. Rooms offer luxurious fireplaces and designer furniture; the best have their own terrace and loggias. An opulent city guesthouse. See More
Villa Tuttorotto Rovinj (Istria) 7 rooms from £162Local exploring - Explore Rovinj's sights on foot from this well-located hotel, close to the beach and the historic centreRomantic Break - Arrange a private, candle-lit dinner on the terrace to make this your perfect romantic breakGroups - Villetta Garibaldi, the hotel's adjoining self-catering villa, is great for groupsSailing - Enquire at the hotel to arrange a day cruise on a sailboat and explore the beautiful archipelago
This historic, 4-star villa is located on the site of the town's former fortress walls. The rooms have traditional décor, with beautiful teak floors and marble bathrooms; the hotel itself is adorned with unique local artefacts. Groups can rent the adjoining Villetta Garibaldi; a quaint guesthouse. See More
Hotel Lone Rovinj 248 rooms from £157Total relaxation - Like a curvy ship into the hills, the spacious hotel's gardens are fragrant with lavender and rosemary, with a superb spaRomantic Break - Float from indoor pool, to spa, to luxurious beach club with concierge and cocktailsGreat walks - In pleasant shade of trees in the protected Zlatni rt forest park (Punta CorrenteSights nearby - Church of Our Mother of MercyRecommended by - Design Hotels
Outstanding 5* by crystal sea of Lone Bay. Minimalist rooms feature private balconies, uber modern bathrooms and pale wood furniture. Indoor and outdoor pool, beach area, gym, spa and tennis courts. Three restaurants and four bars all focus on gourmet hospitality. Immeasurably chic. See More
Grand Park Hotel Rovinj 209 rooms from £175Hideaway - Set apart on the marina overlooking the old town of Rovinj, book this hotel for a boutique hideaway holidayRomantic Break - Creative couples swoon at this impossibly stylish design hotel; book a luxury suite for a special occasionFoodies - With a range of restaurants, from bespoke fine dining to casual bites, this hotel is perfect for foodiesKayaking - Venture out onto the waters with a kayaking excursion, a family-friendly activity; rent kayaks from the hotel
This design hotel is nestled in a pine forest on the coast overlooking Rovinj's old town. Interiors are effortlessly chic, from a split-level suite with a two-storey bookcase to a sea view room with floor-to-ceiling windows. Bespoke restaurants, a spa and promenade of boutiques completes the resort. See More
Hotel Monte Mulini Rovinj 99 rooms from £508Views - Wonderful views over the bay.Romantic BreakSpa breaksChic
A superbly swanky hotel on the Croatian Riviera. Large slick modern design throughout rooms and suites, private balconies with stunning bay views, and all the mod cons. Two excellent restaurants, top of the range spa, four tennis courts nearby. A sophisticated spot for a beach holiday. See More