Search the best hotels in Solta
An overseen Adriatic pearl, Solta lies off the Dalmatian Coast, 18km from Split by car ferry. An island of hills, wide pebbled beaches and sunny sheltered coves, it is the ideal place to go for a seaside family holiday, particularly if you want to escape the summer crowds. Once the holiday getaway of wealthy Roman citizens living in Salona, it's largely unspoilt by tourism, the islands' inhabitants earn a living by the traditional industries of bee-keeping and olive oil; the quaint stone villages are lined with stone alleyways and hidden courtyards, old medieval churches and breath-arresting waterfronts - like the capital, Grohote, or the charming fishing village of Maslinica. Boasting great beaches, bright blue lagoons, restaurants and sailing boats, Solta is the perfect summer escape, and the best places to stay in Solta include a beautiful renovated Croatian castle!
What not to miss
- Bathe in the blue lagoon.
- Eat freshly-caught seafood at a restaurant in Stomorska.
- Visit Tvrdic Honey and learn about the beekeeping process.
- Browse the market in Grohote and wander the narrow stone alleyways.
- Lounge at the gorgeous beach in Necujam.
- Take a boat trip out to the uninhabited island of Mrduja, with its stark ruined tower.
Picturesque, full of sand and sunshine and still largely untouched by mass tourism, this makes for a wonderful holiday destination. Browse through our collection of the best places to stay in Solta to start planning your trip.
The best places to stay in Solta
- Martinis Marchi: a renovated Croatian castle in the charming village of Maslinica, offering airy and contemporary rooms and enormous suites with private balconies overlooking the swimming pool. Romantic, yet perfect for families.
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of villas and apartments in the nearby area.
- The best time to go is during the summer when the temperature ranges between 17 and 31 degrees.
- Fly to Split and get the car ferry to Rogac.
- If you want to rent a car we recommend contacting our partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include the best places to stay in Dalmatian Coast
- or Croatia
- or contact one of our Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Solta
Best Hotels in Solta
Martinis Marchi Maslinica, Solta 7 rooms from £221Families - All the suites sleep 4, some sleep 6.Romantic BreakGroupsSights nearby - Short boat ride into Split
A beautiful Croatian castle renovation of the island of Solta, a boat ride from Split. A historic house with beautiful interiors that echo tradition. Enormous suites sleep between 4 and 6, all with private balconies looking onto the pool. Romantic, remote, and family friendly. See More