Search the best hotels in Arras
Arras is a favourite amongst tourists due to the wealth of its heritage, boasting the highest density of historic monuments in all of France, it is the perfect destination for history-lovers and culture-vultures. Famed for its two main paved squares, the Grand Place and Heros Square, which are surrounded with hundreds of Flemish-Baroque townhouses with covered galleries set above chic street-side cafes and shops. There are countless art galleries and museums, like the Fine Art museum set in the former Benedictine abbey of Saint-Vaast, and historic sites like the Citadel of Arras, the cathedral and the Convent of the Clares are all well worth seeing. Coupled with that, there are markets held every Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday, allowing visitors the chance to not only see the best that the city has to offer, but also taste its delectable produce. The best places to stay in Arras are usually traditional and chic, ideal for a truly authentic stay.
What not to miss
- Stroll aimlessly through the Grand Place, past the galleries and cafes and artisan shops.
- Visit the Fine Art museum in the Saint-Vaast abbey.
- Browse the markets every Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.
- Explore the UNESCO-listed Citadel of Arras.
- Admire the gorgeous and world-famous belfry, built in the 15th century.
- Take some solace from the hustle and bustle of the city in the 17th century cathedral.
- Walk around the Convent of the Clares.
Picturesque and steeped in history, history-lovers will be speechless at the sheer volume of historic monuments in Arras. Browse our list of the best places to stay in Arras to start planning your trip.
The best places to stay in Arras
- Grand Place Hotel: in the heart of the city, and offering light and airy contemporary rooms with large sash windows and wooden flooring, this chic little hotel is the perfect starting point for exploring the city. Enjoy dining at the excellent restaurant, or admiring the spellbinding views from your room. Ideal for couples.
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of villas and apartments in the nearby area.
- The best time to go is during the summer when the temperature ranges between 11 and 22 degrees.
- Get a train from London Kings Cross St. Pancras to Lille-Flandres, and then on to Arras. The journey takes 3 hours 15 minutes.
- If you want to rent a car, contact our partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Arras
Grand Place Hotel Arras 12 rooms from £89
A boutique hotel offering chic accommodation in the heart of the historic city. Light bright rooms and apartments feature enormous sash windows, pale wooden floors and indulgent modern bathrooms. A fantastic restaurant serves lovingly crafted dishes using only seasonal produce.Local exploring - Located in the heart of historic Arras, ideal for exploring the city on foot.Sights nearby - Visit the Wellington Quarry, in which thousands of Allied soldiers sheltered underground during WW1.Traditional