Search the best hotels in Cagnes-sur-Mer
A characterful medieval town sprawling up from the shores of the Mediterranean to a craggy hillside, Cagnes-sur-Mer is a superbly scenic Côte d'Azur destination. Whether you choose to base yourself in the more modern seaside resort or to hide away in the winding cobbled streets of old Haut-de-Cagnes, you’ll find a great selection of accommodation options. Fit for a range of tastes and budgets, our pick of the best places to stay in Cagnes-sur-Mer promise chic interiors, top-notch food and terrific views.
Admire the gorgeous frescoed ceilings of the iconic Château Grimaldi, as well as the Mediterranean Museum of Modern Art and the Museum of the Olives — both housed within the hilltop castle complex. The peaceful Church of St. Peter is also well worth a visit. Surrounding the castle, charming Haute-de-Cagnes is bursting with little cafés, boutiques and artists’ studios — perfect for those happy to lose themselves down lanes lined with pastel-painted houses. Art lovers will also adore the Musée Renoir at Domaine des Collettes, to the east of the town centre.
Wander down to the coast to stroll around the historic fishing port of Le Cros de Cagnes and to savour fresh fish in relaxed seaside eateries. There are several kilometres of appealing pebbled beaches in the main seaport resort area, where you can swim, sunbathe, sail, paddle board, wind surf or lounge under pretty striped umbrellas. Come evening, perch on your terrace at one of the best places to stay in Cagnes-sur-Mer before feasting on delicious regional cuisine at dinner.
The Best Places to Stay in Cagnes-sur-Mer
For a Beachfront Stay
- Villa Azur is an appealing modern hotel set right on the beach near Marina Baie des Anges. Sleek, minimalist rooms boast superb sea views and there's a great Italian restaurant. Kick back on sun loungers on the deck, and sip cocktails as the sun sets over the ocean.
For a Charming Château
- Château le Cagnard sits high on a hill, part of the city wall in medieval Haut-de-Cagnes. A romantic boutique hotel with a popular gourmet restaurant and a lovely private garden, it's a haven for couples and history buffs. Elegant rooms and suites have pretty terraces, beamed ceilings and ocean views. Sophisticated and indulgent.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY COTTAGE
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Nice Côte d'Azur Airport, 15 minutes from Cagnes-sur-Mer by car. Buses and trains will take slightly longer.
- The Côte d'Azur is famously wonderful for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Travel during the spring or summer for the best weather, with temperatures peaking around 27°C in June to August — although this is the busiest time of year. May or September are ideal for quieter trips.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Nice.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in the Côte d'Azur.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Cagnes-sur-Mer
Best Hotels in Cagnes-sur-Mer
Villa Azur Cagnes-sur-Mer 24 rooms from £139Beach Life - With beautiful sea views and luxurious rooms, it's perfect for a romantic break on the beach.Sights nearby - Take a day trip to Nice to visit the stunning old town architecture such as the Chapelle de la Miséricorde or Palais Lascaris.Local markets - Located just eight miles from the fantastic Nice Cours Saleya and Flower Market.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Recommended by - Great Small Hotels
An excellent, modern hotel set directly on the beach near Marina Baie des Anges. Awash with contemporary elegance, the rooms are minimalist and sleek, many boasting superb views out over the ocean. After a day on the beach, enjoy sublime sunsets over a cocktail on the veranda. See More
Chateau le Cagnard Cagnes-sur-Mer 28 rooms from £152Romantic Break - This whimsical hillside chateau based in a picturesque Riviera village is great for a romantic retreatFoodies - The idyllic fine-dining restuarant has wonderful views and is very popular with foodiesSights nearby - Wander around nearby Nice and explore its sights and iconic musuems for a dose of cultureGreat walks - Set in a pretty, cobbled village, a great place for a leisurely, picturesque strollRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
A picturesque chateau with spectacular views, a popular gourmet restaurant and a romantic private garden. Elegant, light-filled rooms and suites feature pretty private terraces, beamed ceilings, Chesterfield armchairs and attractive artwork. Sophisticated indulgence at its best. See More