Search the best hotels in Chambolle Musigny
About Chambolle Musigny
Situated between Beaune and Dijon, surrounded by green vineyards, lies Chambolle-Musigny. The ideal destination for wine connoisseurs, it is a small village that started life in 1100 as a vineyard run by monks from Citeaux, famous for its delicate, fruity bright ruby wine - so famous that it added "Musigny" as a suffix to its original name, after their best known vineyard. Standing at the heart of the Bourgogne winegrowing region - a 150km long stretch of vineyards that is wonderful to cycle through, or boat along the Canal du Nivernais - Chambolle-Musigny is a good base for exploring the wider area, including the historic town of Nuits-Saint-George and Dijon, the department's capital. A rolling green landscape peppered with ancient abbeys, Romanesque churches and quaint rural markets, it boasts a unique climate - and one perfectly suited to viticulture (due to the convergence of Mediterranean, Continental and Oceanic climates, and its chalky soil). Book one of the best places to stay in Chambolle Musigny and you'll be in a prime location for exploring the Cote d'Or wine region.
What not to miss
- See the beautiful countryside of the Bourgogne by boating along the Canal du Nivernais.
- Hire a bike and cycle along part of the 150km wine route.
- Head 5km out-of-town to Nuits-Saint-Georges and admire the 12th century Romanesque church of Saint Symphorien.
- Enjoy wine tastings at either your hotel or a nearby vineyard.
- Browse the Friday weekly market in Nuits-Saint-Georges.
Set amidst pristine vineyards that seemingly stretch on forever, Chambolle-Musigny is a great place to go for oenophiles. But don't forget that this is a busy and popular region of France, so if you want to guarantee a room in one of the best places to stay in Chambolle-Musigny, you'll need to plan well ahead.
The best places to stay in Chambolle-Musigny
- Castel de tres Girard: a charming rural boutique set amidst vineyards, offering stylish but traditional rooms adorned with antiques, beamed ceilings and floral motifs. Enjoy the sumptous cuisine, extensive wine list and refreshing outdoor pool. An intimate and romantic nest.
- Chateau de Petit Musigny: a stunning country hotel on a wine estate, offering opulent rooms decorated with period furnishings. Relax at the bar, take a tour of the vineyard by bike or on horseback, unwind on the sunlit terrace or enjoy a wine tasting. Perfect for couples.
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of villas and apartments in the nearby area.
- The best time to go is during the summer, when the temperature ranges between 12 and 25 degrees.
- Fly to Lyon-Saint-Exupery Airport, and get a train to Chalon sur Saone, where you get a connection to Vougeot Gilly, 3km away from Chambolle Musigny. That is a 1.30 hour journey. From there you can either walk, get a bus or taxi.
- If you want to rent a car, contact our partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include nearby Beaune or Dijon,
- or all the best places to stay in Burgundy.
- or contact one of our Gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Chambolle Musigny
Castel de tres Girard 8 rooms from £110Chambolle Musigny (Morey-Saint-Denis)
A luxurious rural property in charming Burgundy, surrounded by vineyards. The elegant rooms are traditional in style; think floral motifs, antique furniture and beamed ceilings. Make the most of the gorgeous outdoor pool, excellent regional wines and yummy cuisine. Rural french perfection.Country Escape - A charming traditional country house with a lovely outdoor pool and regional wines to boot. Rural bliss.Great walks - Miles of hiking trails to be explored through the nature reserve of Combe Lavaux- Jean Roland.Sights nearby - Visit the stunning Abbey Citaux and discover the history of the Cistercians.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool.
Chateau de Petit Musigny 10 rooms from £219Chambolle Musigny
Château du Petit Musigny is a magnificent country hotel, set on a stunning wine estate. The opulent rooms house magnificent beds, and are decorated with period furnishing. Take a tour of the vineyards on horse back or by bicycle and in the evening feast on regional produce in the charming wine bar.Romantic Break - An idyllic spot for a romantic break, for added romance take one of the luxurious junior suites.Local exploring - Wine buffs must explore the famous wine route in Chambolle-Musigny.Full of characterOpulentRecommended by - Great Small Hotels