Search the best hotels in Beaune
The unofficial capital of Burgundy’s legendary Côte d’Or, vibrant Beaune is a wine aficionado’s haven. Surrounded by world-class vineyards, this pretty historic town also boasts a fabulous wine museum, some terrific gourmet eateries and of course a plethora of tasting rooms and wine shops. Accommodation options range from charming B&Bs to beautiful country house hotels, well-suited to fun family trips or romantic foodie getaways. Kickstart your holiday planning with our list of the best places to stay in Beaune!
For a sense of historic Beaune, begin at the marvellous, late-medieval Hôtel-Dieu. One of Europe’s earliest hospitals, the building has a wonderful mosaic-tiled roof, and is now a popular museum. Amble past half-timbered houses to admire the Church of Notre-Dame’s impressive tapestries, clamber up to circle Beaune’s 2.5 kilometres of ancient ramparts, and gaze up at the 12th-century clock tower. Little ones will love an afternoon at the Parc de la Bouzaize.
Cycle, trek or horse ride between vineyards for tours and tastings, meet winemakers and wine merchants at characterful venues in town, and savour top-notch Burgundy produce paired with fine wines at the town’s excellent restaurants. The Musée du Vin du Bourgogne, in what was once the home of the Dukes of Burgundy, is a must-see, whilst the annual 'Les Trois Glorieuses’ wine fair is an industry and enthusiast's highlight. Book your trip well in advance if visiting at this time, as the best places to stay in Beaune fill up fast!
The Best Places to Stay in Beaune
For a Charming B&B
- Les Chambres de L'Imprimerie offers five quirky guest rooms in a converted print factory. Interiors still have an industrial feel, with muted tones and lots of natural textures, the service is friendly, and the homecooked breakfasts are a real treat. Chic, cosy and romantic.
- Les Jardins de Loïs is a splendid little B&B in the heart of Beaune with four boutique rooms. Expect antique pieces, patterened rugs, big bathrooms and views of the verdant 4500 m² gardens. Curl up with a book under the magnolia trees for the afternoon, stroll around Beaune or join the owner-winemakers for a private tasting.
- Côté Rempart can sleep up to ten people in five guest rooms and suites tucked under the ancient fortifications of Beaune. Feast on generous breakfasts in the characterful sitting-dining room and enjoy soothing rooms with beamed ceilings and pared-back design. An inviting B&B choice for groups as well as couples.
- La Passerelle des Corton has just three rooms in a creeper-clad house on the edge of Beaune. The Château d'Aloxe-Corton is across the garden, and the vineyard views are very impressive. Breakfasts are served on the sunlit terrace. Cycle, hike or enjoy wine tastings.
For Families or Groups
- 41 Mafoux by Bruno Colin is a sophisticated private apartment in a traditional French townhouse. With space for up to six guests, access to an airy coutryard, dramatic modern bathrooms and a fully equipped kitchen, this is an enchanting choice for families or groups of friends.
- La Terre d'Or is a lovely, owner-run B&B on the outskirts of Beaune. The main house has five bedrooms, and there are two self-catering gîtes in the gardens, with space for 4-5 or 4-6 guests respectively. Bright rooms are clad in pale woods and creams. With a swimming pool and bicycles available, this is a sure-fire hit for a trip with family and friends.
- La Maison des Courtines offers a collection of self-catering apartments, complete with Nespresso machines and washing machines, in Beaune. Interiors fuse traditional charm with modern style, and warm rose and lilac accents create an inviting feel. Multi-room apartments are great for groups or families.
- Le Central Boutique Hotel is an fun choice for families, who will appreciate the spacious modern rooms with bold pops of colour and the babysitting services. Just 50 metres away, hotel restaurant 'Dame Tartine by Edgar' is not to be missed! Colourful, buzzy and joyful.
For a Rural Escape
- Le Clos du Colombier promises elegant rooms and suites with big cosy beds, exposed beams and whitewashed walls, surrounded by rolling vineyards. With a swimming pool, a small spa and delicious regional cuisine, it's the perfect rural escape for couples or families.
- Hôtel le Clos is an 18th-century farmhouse with rustic-chic rooms and expansive gardens. Expect exposed stone walls, antique furnishings and floral fabrics. The large outdoor pool is great for kids. A relaxed countryside choice for keen hikers, cyclists and wine-tasters.
- Villa Louise has the feel of a low-key country house hotel, with rooms opening onto terraces facing leafy gardens. There's an indoor pool and Turkish bath, big breakfasts (though no restaurant) and an impressive wine cellar. Surprisingly good value for a restful rural hideaway.
- Ermitage de Corton is a classic country house in beautiful Chorey-les-Beaune, offering inviting rooms and suites with parquet flooring and a soothing colour palette. Some suites have whirlpool tubs and private terraces. Kick back on the terrace or in the pool after cycling between vineyards. Tuck into terrific regional fare at the fine dining restaurant. For couples or friends.
For Food-Focused Luxury
- Hostellerie le Cedre is a chic, 40-room hotel with contemporary interiors tucked within a charming historic building. Perch on the lovely garden terrace as you sip one of the cellar's 400 Burgundy wines, and dine in style at the Michelin-starred restaurant. There's a spa, too, and a real sense of romance.
- Hôtel le Cep's rooms and suites epitomise old-world glamour, with Louis XIV furnishings, colourful wallpapers and atmospheric lighting. A luxurious choice near the heart of Beaune, with a gourmet restaurant, striking bar and cavernous wine tasting space. Fantastic.
For Great Value
- Hotel de France is an affordable, modern choice near the centre of Beaune. Great for business or leisure, the hotel has a good restaurant, a friendly feel and newly renovated rooms and suites with dark blue-painted walls and clean, crisp lines. Families welcome.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY COTTAGE
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Lyon-Saint Exupéry International Airport, just under two hours' drive from Beaune. Alternatively, take the TGV from Paris in less than 3 hours.
- Burgundy is wonderful for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Travel between May and September for warm weather (with temperatures peaking around 25°C) and lots of sunshine. Spring or autumn visitors can expect cooler temperatures; the harvest season is inevitably busy; 'Les Trois Glorieuses’ fair, held annually in November, is particularly so.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Meursault.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Burgundy.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Beaune
Best Hotels in Beaune
Hotel de France, Beaune Beaune 22 rooms from £80Families - Children are welcome at the Hotel De France with spacious family rooms and kids meals at Le Tast'VinGroups - The large rooms and banquet facilities make the Hotel de France a great location for groupsLocal exploring - Located opposite the Beaune Train Station allowing guests to explore the region by trainSights nearby - Don't miss Beaune's iconic landmarks including Hospices Civils de Beaune and the Church of Notre Dame
A charming hotel in the centre of Beaune with rooms furnished with traditional wooden fittings and fireplaces. The hotel restaurant Le Tast'Vin is a local favourite serving regional specialities. The terrace is perfect for a relaxing drink or meal, particularly in the summer. See More
La Passerelle des Corton Beaune 3 rooms from £87Wine tasting - Set on the Route des Grands Crus, opposite Le château de Corton André, there is ample opportunity for wine tastingGroups - With just three rooms this is a great option to rent out in its entirety with a small groupHideaway - A tranquil property hidden amongst acres of vineyards — perfect for a quiet rural stayCycling - The quiet lanes and relatively flat roads are ideal for cylists
A charming B&B with far reaching views across the surrounding vineyards. Cosy rooms are simply dressed with soft hues, traditional carved beds and roll-top baths. Breakfasts are enjoyed on the sunny terrace jutting out into the neighbouring field. A delightful spot from which to explore the region. See More
Le Central Boutique Hôtel Beaune 23 rooms from £112Families - With spacious family rooms and babysitting services available at additional charge, Le Central is the perfect place for childrenWine tasting - Guests can explore the world-famous Burgundy Wine Route and the rest of Beaune's prestigious wine cellarsContemporary - Interiors are chic and contemporary with pastel hues, retro-inspired furniture, and modern artworksLocal exploring - Explore the historic town of Beaune from this prime central location
A gorgeous renovated 16th-century property in the centre of Beaune with spacious rooms and contemporary decor. The hotel restaurant 'Dame Tartine by Edgar' is located 50m away and serves the finest regional cuisine. Guests can dine in the dining room or the beautiful French Quarter courtyard. See More
Hotel Villa Louise Aloxe-Corton, Burgundy 12 rooms from £113Country Escape - A traditional 17th century country house set in beautifully maintained gardens overlooking vineyards, a charming rural hideawayFamilies - A spacious family suite with adjoining rooms, expansive gardens, and a large pool make this an easy choice for a family breakLocal exploring - Beaune is just 4km away, hire a bike and explore the historic town and surrounding vineyardsWine tasting - A region famed for its wines, this is an idyllic base to go wine tasting from
An attractive country house with a cottage feel to it. Charming bedrooms and suites have wooden beamed ceilings, traditional fabrics, and a mix of antiques and modern furniture. There's a small spa which includes a pool and an extensive wine cellar. A classic rural hideaway. See More
Ermitage de Corton Beaune 12 rooms from £117Families - The hotel makes children very welcome. There are board games, a large garden complete with a swing, and goats to pet too!Foodies - The head chef Vincent Chirat bring a touch of modernity to regional dishes in the standout fine dining restaurantWine tasting - The sommelier offers wine tastings from the hotel's cellar and wine tourism can also be organisedCountry Escape - An idyllic rural retreat with rolling hills, leafy gardens, fantastic cuisine and regional wines
A classic country house in beautiful Chorey-les-Beaune. Traditionally designed rooms with chandeliers, parquet flooring and antique furniture. Regional cuisine served in the restaurant. Spend days lounging by the pool or cycling through the vineyards (and sampling some of the produce). Rural bliss. See More
La Maison des Courtines Beaune 8 rooms from £121Foodies - The Burgundy region is a foodie paradise with gourmet restaurants galore, truffle tasting tours in Valois and much moreLocal exploring - Explore the historic town of Beaune and the Burgundy region rich in cultural, natural and gastronimical heritageGroups - Apartments can accommodate between 2 and 6 people — a great property for large groups to hire outBusiness meetings - This beautiful French mansion can be reserved for business meetings and seminars
Hotel le Clos Montagny-lès-Beaune, Burgundy 24 rooms from £121Full of character - A beautifully restored 18th century farmhouse with plenty of original features including enormous fireplaces and beamed ceilingsFamilies - The interconnecting family suites, spacious gardens, and large outdoor pool make this an easy base for familiesCycling - There's a dedicated 500km cycling route through Burgundy parts of which you can explore from the propertyCountry Escape - A lovely country house with charming interiors and picturesque countryside to explore by foot or cycle
A beautiful 18th-century sandstone farmhouse set within expansive gardens. Rustic chic rooms have exposed stonework, antique furniture, and floral fabrics. There's a large outdoor pool and sun terrace to enjoy an evening drink. A charming base to cycle, hike or go on wine tastings from. See More
La Terre d'Or Beaune (Burgundy) 9 rooms from £139Foodies - This whole area is foodie heaven, add the truffle workshop at La Terre d’Or and the experience is complete.Country Escape - Surrounded by beautiful secluded countryside, not to mention the extensive gardens on the property.Groups - Self catering cottages and 'everything taken care of tours' make this a perfect spot for groups.Cooking classes - Food lovers have many courses to choose from. The inhouse Truffle cooking workshop at La Terre d’Or is recommended.Recommended by - Sawdays
Les Chambres de L'Imprimerie Beaune 5 rooms from £146Chic - There's a chic boutique feel with contemporary grey hues, polished wooden floors, and a mix of antiques and modern furnitureLocal exploring - Perfect for exploring Beaune and the surrounding countryside filled with rolling vineyards and picturesque villagesHotel Entertainment - Crack open a bottle of local wine and settle in to your elegant and spacious rooms complete with seating areaWine tasting - Ask your host Sebastien to take you around the best local vineyards on a wine tourRecommended by - Tablet
A stylish industrial conversion in an old printery in Beaune. The five bedrooms, large living and dining rooms have been artfully restored to give them an impossibly cosy feel, while also holding true to their factory roots. Elegant furnishings, friendly family service and homecooked breakfasts. See More
Les Jardins de Lois Beaune 5 rooms from £156Foodies - Beaune is choc full of great places to eat with two Michelin starred restaurants and plenty more that feature in the guide!Wine tasting - The hotel owners make their own (very good) wine and offer tastings and tours of their private cellarLocal exploring - Located in the heart of the city yet it feels very quiet and secluded due to its spacious gardenSelf catering to rent - There is a two bed two bath apartment which sleeps four and has a fully equipped kitchenRecommended by - Sawdays
A splendid little B&B in central Beaune. Boutique rooms modelled on vintage wines feature lilacs and creams, antiques, oriental rugs, large bathrooms and some have garden views. Wine cellar, charming breakfast room and lovely gardens filled with magnolias. A romantic choice for wine lovers. See More
Cote Rempart Beaune 5 rooms from £165Groups - The private mansion has five bedrooms and guests have access to the living room, kitchen, and gardens — ideal for groupsChic - Interiors are that perfect mix of the old and the new with period features aplenty set against stylish modern furnitureLocal exploring - Boasting a tranquil spot by the old city ramparts and just a short stroll to the city centreWine tasting - Take a wine tour of the region and sample the famed produce
A luxurious B&B nestled beside the old city ramparts. Design throughout is quintessentially French, traditional yet unfussy. Sumptuous breakfasts are served, many of the main attractions are within walking distance and the hosts will happily give advice on the best vineyards to visit in the region. See More
Le Clos du Colombier Beaune 12 rooms from £187Country Escape - With tennis courts, two swimming pools, a small spa, and charming rural surrounds - this is an idyllic country escapeFamilies - Family suites as well as kids' meals and babysitting services make it a great choice for family holidaysLocal exploring - Right in the heart of Burgundy, it's the perfect launchpad for exploring the beautiful wine regionWine tasting - Located just two miles from the Burgundy Wine School, be sure to make a trip!Recommended by - Great Small Hotels , Tablet
Le Clos du Colombier is a stellar hotel set amidst the rolling vineyards of Burgundy. The delightful rooms are designed with simple elegance and attention to detail. Enjoy delicious regional food and local wines on the terrace overlooking the vines. Perfect for a relaxing getaway in Burgundy. See More
41 Mafoux by Bruno Colin Beaune 2 rooms from £217Local exploring - Discover Beaune from this charming property, located a short walk from Hospices Civils de Beaune and the Church of Notre DameFamilies - This two-bedroomed apartment which sleeps up to six is the perfect property for familiesSights nearby - Ideally located in the centre of Beaune, the perfect place to explore its rich cultural heritageGreat walks - Discover Beaune and its surrounds - there are a range of great walking trails
A gorgeous historic building complete with a beautifully-kept courtyard in the heart of Beaune. This private apartment sleeps up to six people and is fully equipped. Rooms are elegantly decorated with wooden floors and furniture to match the traditional French townhouse feel. See More
Hostellerie Cèdre et Spa Beaune 40 rooms from £266Foodies - The restaurant Clos du Cèdre, has one Michelin star and serves upscale local fare, accompanied by more than 400 Burgundy winesBoutique - Reception rooms are wonderfully traditional keeping the building's original grandeur while rooms feel modern with luxe touches5* Luxury - With high-end service, chic design, fine-dining, and a fabulous wine collection this is a luxurious stayWine tasting - Located in the Burgundy region amongst the best vineyards of the regionRecommended by - Tablet
A luxury hotel set in the centre of Beaune. Rooms & suites are modern and very stylish while the rest of the building keeps its original charm. A cellar, full of character, is perfect for sampling local vintages while the hotel's elegant restaurant is standout. A grown-up and romantic stay. See More
Hotel Le Cep Beaune 64 rooms from £338Foodies - The gourmet restaurant is overseen by the Bernard Loiseau group and offers delicious traditional regional dishesTraditional - Wood, antiques, trompe-l’oeil and Renaissance sculptures maintain the period charm throughout the roomsRomantic Break - Discover some of the most beautiful caves of Beaune followed by a candle lit dinner in the wine cellarSpa - Spa Marie De Bourgogne offering Ayurvedic treatmentsRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels