- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Book Online Now
Search the best hotels in Beaune
If you're interested in wine you'll fit in very well in Beaune. Unofficial capital of the Cote d'Or, Beaune is surrounded by golden hills of vine rows. This is what they make, they talk about, sell and of course taste. It is undoubtedly one of France's top destinations for wine tastings and many of the best places to stay in Beaune will arrange all that for you.
The main event in Beaune's calendar is 'Les Trois Glorieuses', a three day wine fair held every November. This is when the wine is transferred from barrels to bottles and wine buyers and merchants from around the world arrive to sample the previous year's vintage. Often making a judgement on a wine they won't even take delivery of for several years.
Beaune also has a wine museum. Housed in a building which was once the meeting place for the Dukes of Burgundy.
Aside from wine, Beaune is most famous for its Hotel-Dieu. Built in the 15th Century, this was one of Europe's earliest hospitals. But the Hotel-Dieu isn't just famous for its original purpose, it's has a glorious roof - tiled in a wonderful mosaic pattern. It remained in use as a hospital until the 70s and is now a museum to itself.
The rest of historic Beaune fans out from the hospital complex to the ramparts. On your stroll outwards you'll pass the 12th Century clock tower, medieval half-timbered houses and the Church of Notre-Dame - which has some impressive tapestries.
If you're driving north Beaune is an excellent place to stop off for a box of Burgundy. And you may as well sample local dishes Boeuf Bourguignon or snails in garlic, while you're at it.
What not to miss:
- View the tapestries in the Church of Notre-Dame.
- Stroll around Beaune’s ramparts that circle the town for 2.5 kilometres.
- Stop by the Hôtel-Dieu a stunning late-medieval masterpiece.
- Explore (and sample produce from) the Burgundy wine region.
- Visit the private collection of Salvador Dalí works at the Dalineum.
During the summer months the best places to stay in Beaune get booked up fast so be sure to plan your trip in advance.
In the Centre of Town
- L'Hotel de Beaune is a delightful, seven room hotel in a traditional, 19th century house. The rooms are large and surprisingly contemporary, there’s a sunny courtyard, a great classically French restaurant and a cafe bistro.
- Chez les Fatien is an intimate, four room boutique hotel decorated with minimalist luxury. There’s a charming breakfast courtyard, a fantastically stocked wine cellar and an air of sophistication.
For a country house atmosphere
- The Hotel Villa Louise is one of the best places to stay in Beaune if you're looking for a relaxed country house hotel feel. There's no restaurant, but they do breakfast and have an extensive wine cellar (of course - this is Beaune!), where they run wine tastings. You can enjoy all of this on the lovely terraces overlooking the small but charming gardens. With rooms starting from less than £75 per night, this is also a top choice in Beaune if you're watching your wallet.
For wonderful views
- If you're looking for spectacular views, Le Terre d'Or is the property to book. This charming B&B has views over the vineyards and the ramparts of Beaune. There are just seven rooms, split between a large house and a smaller cottage. All are decorated in pale woods and creams making them feel bright and airy.
- The Hostellerie le Cedre is a smart 40 room hotel in the centre of Beaune with airy rooms and suites and a charming garden terrace. Of course there’s a good cellar too and a Michelin-starred restaurant.
- Hotel le Cep is a great four star hotel in Beaune. Opulent rooms and suites have Louis XIV furnishings and colourful wallpapers. Excellent gourmet cuisine, stunning bar area and cavernouse dining room
For lovers of white rather than red!
- If you're a fan of white over red, you may also want to consider Les Charmes in Mersault as your Burgundy base. This beautiful 18th Century mansion has charming grounds - more like a small park than a garden. This is definitely one of the best places to stay if you're looking for a secluded, romantic setting.
Les Jardin de Lois is a splendid little B&B in the heart of Beaune with just four boutique-style rooms. Expect antiques, oriental rugs, large bathrooms and garden views. There’s an excellent wine cellar, charming breakfast rooms and a lovely garden filled with magnolias.
For an apartment or villa
- If you're travelling with family or a group of friends it may be a better option to book a villa or apartment. For a wide range of properties for all tastes and budgets we recommend you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- The nearest airports are in Dijon and Lyon. By train, there are regular trains departing from DIjon Gare to Beaune.
- Weather-wise the best time to visit is the summer months from June to September with temperatures peaking in August around the mid twenties celcius.
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Beaune
Hostellerie le Cedre 40 rooms from £167Beaune
Set in a picturesque garden in the centre of Beaune, this smart hotel offers guests large airy rooms and suites and a charming garden terrace. A cellar tasting room full of character is perfect for sampling the local vintages. A luxury base for exploring Burgundy's finest!Wine tasting - Located in the Burgundy region amongst the best vineyards of the regionFoodies - Michelin starred gourmet restaurantSights nearby - Located in the centre of town, just 5 mins from the Hospices de BeauneGreat walks - Enjoy the walking discovery tour “de la Chouette"
Cote Rempart 5 rooms from £175Beaune
A charming B&B nestled beside the old city ramparts. Design throughout is quintessentially French, traditional yet unfussy. Sumptuous breakfasts are served, many of the main attractions are within walking distance and the hosts will happily give advise on the best vineyards to visit in the region.Local exploring - Boasting a tranquil spot by the old city ramparts and just a short stroll to the city centre.Great walks - Track the route of the ruins of the old ramparts starting straight from the property.Sights nearby - Visit the Hôtel-Dieu, an almshouse and hospice dating to 1443.Full of character
La Passerelle des Cortons 3 rooms from £92Beaune
A charming B&B with far reaching views across the surrounding vineyards. Cosy rooms are simply dressed with soft hues, traditional carved beds and roll-top baths. Breakfasts are enjoyed on the sunny terrace jutting out into the neighbouring field. A delightful spot from which to explore the region.Hideaway - A tranquil property hidden amongst acres of vineyards.Great walks - Take long walks through the picturesque countryside.Full of characterSecluded setting - For escaping.
Ermitage de Corton 12 rooms from £107Beaune
A classic country house in beautiful Chorey-les-Beaune. Traditionally designed rooms with chandeliers, parquet flooring and antique furniture. Regional cuisine served in the restaurant. Spend days lounging by the pool or cycling through the vineyards (and sampling some of the produce). Rural bliss.Country Escape - An idyllic rural retreat with rolling hills, leafy gardens, fantastic cuisine and regional wines.Sights nearby - Visit the Basilique Notre-Dame in nearby Beaune.Views - Great views from hotelSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Le Clos du Colombier 12 rooms from £123Beaune
Le Clos du Colombier is a stellar hotel set amidst the rolling vineyards of Burgundy. The delightful rooms are designed with simple elegance and attention to detail. Enjoy delicious regional food and local wines on the terrace overlooking the vines. Perfect for a getaway in Burgundy.Families - Family suites as well as kids meals and babysitting services make it a great choice for family holidays.Local exploring - Right in the heart of Burgundy, it's the perfect launchpad for exploring the beautiful wine region.Sights nearby - Take a day trip to the delightful capital of Burgundy, Dijon.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Sawdays
Hotel Le Cep 64 rooms from £153Beaune
A great Four Star hotel in Beaune. Opulent rooms and suites have Louis XIV furnishings and colourful wallpapers. Excellent gourmet cuisine, stunning bar area and cavernouse dining room. Charming courtyards and cosy public spaces. Romantic, gourmet, very luxurious.Foodies - Beaune is the capital of the Burgundian wine region, so extensive vineyard and tasting trips. Cooking lessons onsite as well.Romantic Break - Discover some of the most beautiful caves of Beaune following by a candle lit dinner in the wine cellarSights nearby - Walking distance to the Basilique Notre-DameCooking classes - Check for timings.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
Les Jardins de Lois 4 rooms from £136Beaune
A splendid little B&B in Beaune. Boutique rooms modelled on vintage wines feature lilacs and creams, antiques, oriental rugs, large bathrooms, some with garden views. Wine cellar, charming breakfast room and lovely gardens filled with magnolias. A romantic choice for wine lovers.Foodies - Capital of the Burgundy region, with numerous vineyards to visit. Wine expert hotel owners; tours and tasting in the cellars.Cooking classes - Le Charlemagne schoolSights nearby - Hospices de BeauneGreat walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - Sawdays
Hotel le Clos 24 rooms from £79Montagny-lès-Beaune, Burgundy
A beautiful sandstone farmhouse B&B set in vineyards. Lovely rooms are rustic chic with brick walls, antique furniture, and floral fabrics. Stunning gardens and a courtyard to enjoy in the sunshine. Plenty to do in the region. A charming spot with plenty of rural charm.Country Escape - Although located close to the town of Beaune, plenty of open space to enjoy, vineyards, cycling and hikesSights nearby - In Beaune, Hôtel-Dieu showcasing gothic façades and glazed roofsGreat walks - Through the Les Etangs d’Or parkFishing - Excellent fishing nearby.
Hotel Villa Louise 12 rooms from £75Aloxe-Corton, Burgundy
An attractive country house with a cottage feel to it. Charming bedrooms and suites with wooden beamed ceilings and garden views, a small spa, and an extensive wine cellar. A perfect stop off for local exploring.Swimming Pool - Indoor PoolLocal markets - Good for local colour.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.