- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Book Online Now
Search the best hotels in Dordogne
There are many reasons to visit the Dordogne. The wine, food and châteaux are obvious draws, but there are also picturesque rural villages, fascinating history - including some of the world's most ancient cave art, charming green, rural views, the beautiful Dordogne river and plenty of sunshine. There’s a lot to see and a lot of terrain to explore, so instead of choosing just one of our Guru’s recommendations for the best places to stay in the Dordogne, you might want to book in to two or three.
Many of the best hotels in the Dordogne are in the towns and villages dotted along the famous Dordogne river itself - Bergerac and Domme are good places to base yourself to explore its beauty and enjoy the myriad of water based activities. While Les Eyzies is the place to stay if you're interested in the ancient caves of the Vezere Valley. And Brantome (situated on yet another river - the Dronne) is a charming historic market town, often referred to as the "Venice of the Perigord". It's well placed for getting to know the north of the region or the Perigord Vert.
But if you want to stay in the centre of the department, then book a hotel in Périgueux. it's got great transport links (both rail and air) and is a buzzy city with charming medieval old town - don't miss the cathedral which dates back to 1120 - and traditional French market, where you'll find everything from beach towels to oysters
What not to Miss
- One of the Dordogne's most familiar châteaux is Château de Beynac. Probably because the town and fairytale château star in films Ever After and Chocolat. You get a nice view of Château de Baynac from Château Castelnaud, which is a more work-a-day, fortress style construction. These days it's a museum, focussed primarily on the art of warfare in the Middle Ages. Inside there's an impressive collection of armour, weapons and furniture from the period. Outside are the reconstructed catapults! While Château Marqueyssac is best known for its wonderful verdant gardens. The most visited in the Perigord. Along the river banks these gardens are ripe for strolling, with all paths leading to the Belevedere, a fabulous balcony 192 metres high, with stunning panoramic views of the Dordogne Valley.
The historic sights!
- Grotte de Lascaux, 2kms to the south east of Montignac, is one of the most famous sights of the Dordogne. A Palaeolithic cave complex with paintings approximately 15,000 years old. The cave art is spread through many cave galleries, and depicts mostly realistic images of large animals, though there are also some human hand prints.
- Brantôme is often referred to as 'The Venice of the Perigord', because of its five beautiful medieval bridges and the way the buildings hug the River Dronne prettily. This is also one of the best places to stay in the Dordogne if you're looking for a romantic, peaceful base.
- Some of the Dordogne's best preserved medieval architecture survives on the tangle of small streets and squares of Sarlat-la-Canéda. Sarlat is also a good base for explorations into the Vezere Valley, where many of the Dordogne's famous cave systems can be found.
- There's a market happening somewhere in the Dordogne every single day of the year. And on the weekends there's often something foodie going on in almost every village.
- One of the largest ones is Sarlat-la-Canéda's Saturday Market. The area around Sarlat specialises in truffles and mushrooms, foie gras and other duck and goose products. This is also a good town for dessert wine.
But don't forget to book well ahead if you're planning to visit the area in busy July and August. Many of the best place to stay in the Dorogne get booked up months in advance. Alternatively come in the quieter shoulder season, when the weather is still warm, but the crowds have long gone.
For Château Style
- For the complete château experience book a room in the Château les Merles, because it's a fairytale château in its own right! Surrounded by golf courses, vineyards and forests, it offers every luxury. In addition to its 18 rooms it also has two separate villas, so surprisingly it's also one of the best places to stay in the Dordogne for families.
- If you want château on a budget the Hotel Edward 1er is the perfect choice. It's a mini-château, complete with pointed turrets, in the lovely town of Monpazier. And prices start at £58 a night!
- Château la Thuiliere is perfect for wine lovers. A renovated château this is quite a grand place to stay - all mahogany and dark reds. They also restrict children under 12, so it's an ideal choice in the Dordogne for people looking for a romantic spot.
- The Château des Baudry offers an idyllic location, sumptuous food and delightful hosts, in a charming, comfortable setting. The five rooms all have their own fireplaces and unique antiques, plus there’s a beautiful courtyard and peaceful gardens.
- Château de Lalande is a charming property to the west of Périgueux. The style is traditional with floral wallpapers, parquet flooring and plenty of antique furnishings. You'll also find a gourmet restaurant serving fabulous food, and a pool for relaxing after a day's exploring.
- Once a farmhouse, La Villa Romaine’s buildings are beautiful, bright sandstone, set around a courtyard. All have lovely views of the river and gardens. It is also a great base for exploring all that the region has to offer.
- La Chartreuse de Bignac is a beautiful restored country house oozing style and charm. Think rustic chic interiors, plus excellent restaurant and stunning gardens with pool.
- La Gueriniere is a five room, country house conversion dating from the eighteenth century. It comes complete with outdoor pool, tennis court and dining terrace. This is an ideal base for kayaking, exploring and generally enjoying the delights of Domme.
- Moulin de Vigonac oozes rustic chic. This converted 16th century watermill is just out of Brantome, situated on the banks of the Dronne. The ten stylish rooms offer all modern comforts and some have private terraces overlooking the river.
- If you're looking for Michelin stars, Le Moulin du Roc is one of the best places to stay in the Dordogne. Near beautiful Brantôme, it's luxurious in the old fashioned sense, with generous rooms, all with their own private terraces. A romantic choice too!
- The Château des Vigiers is a vast 16th century château with 75 rooms - many with four-poster beds and all with lovely antiques. There’s a cosy spa and a Michelin starred restaurant.
- For beautiful river views and great food, you can't beat Le Moulin de L'Abbaye. This old mill in the centre of Brantome has 19 charming bedrooms, and two excellent restaurants.
- La Ferme Lamy is a 12 room stone and terracotta farmhouse conversion with simple, whitewashed walls and stone floors, and a wonderful terraced garden. As well as the pool terrace there’s also a breakfast terrace. Great for both families and couples.
- Le Chatenet was a family manor, and is now a family-run hotel, sitting on six hectares of estate grounds, which include a swimming pool, dovecote and tennis courts.
- Château de Maraval is a bijoux château which sits just outside Domme. A four bedroomed hotel, this is an adults only romantic hideaway. There is a lovely pool and spa. Hot air balloon trips are available nearby.
- Mont D’onel is a wonderful 13th century château-turned-hotel with bags of character and just five rooms. Perched atop a mound it also has beautiful views, which you can enjoy from your private terrace…
- The Château le Mas de Montet is a Renaissance-era château with fairytale-esque features and gorgeously renovated interiors. Think turrets and creepers and four-poster beds. It’s surrounded by 130 acres of beautiful gardens and parkland.
- Les Charmes de Carlucet is on an estate not far from Sarlat-la-Canéda. There are four simple, yet stylish B&B rooms in the main house and then two luxurious self-catering villas. There’s also an outdoor pool and it’s a great spot for exploring the region.
- Not far from Bergerac, Le Prieure is an idyllic B&B close to Biron Castle. The rooms and apartments are charming and romantic, with exposed beams, antique furnishings and views of the shady terrace.
- Le Logis de Puygaty is a charming country house B&B with just three rooms and one cottage suitable for families. There’s also a garden and a pool.
Great for Exploring the Region
- Once a coaching house, Les Glycines is now a 16 room hotel with chic, modern decor and a fabulous terrace restaurant. Relaxing, but also gourmet, this is a great base for exploring the Dordogne.
- Le Moulin de L'Abbaye is, as the name indicates, an old mill, so you're right on the river, and have a collection of outdoor terraces, dining areas and sun traps in which to ponder the area's beauty and enjoy the local cuisine.
- A simple, rustic farmhouse with plenty of French charm, L'Auberge de L'etang Bleu feels like your home from home, surrounded by woodland.
- Mont d’Onel is a wonderful 13th century château-home sitting on a mound just outside Bergerac. The views of the Dordogne valley are stunning. There are just five rooms, which are priced from less than £100 per night, B&B, and plenty of charm.
- L’Esplanade is a family run establishment which offers great value (with rooms from around €90 per night) and spectacular views over the Dordogne. The Inn is perfect for a romantic break with its traditional feel and gourmet restaurant.
For a holiday villa or apartment
- If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or private villa we recommend you visit our online partner, Booking.com.
- Bergerac Dordogne Périgord Airport is just 3kms south of Bergerac. It’s connected to London City, Stansted, Southampton, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Manchester, Leeds, Bristol, Liverpool, Charleroi and Rotterdam. So it’s very convenient if you’re coming from the UK or transferring in the UK. Or you might find Bordeaux-Merignac Airport more convenient, it’s an international airport only 9kms from the centre of Bordeaux and about 90miles from Périgueux. A lot of major airlines service Bordeaux, and if you can’t get a direct flight you’ll have no problem transferring in Paris.
- Finally there is Brive la Gaillard, on the region’s north-east edge, about an hour from Périgueux, this small airport is connected to Stansted during the summer months.
- The Eurostar from St. Pancras to Périgueux, via Paris and Limoges, is also a good option.
- If you want to hire a car - which we highly recommend if you want to explore the Dordogne - we recommend you visit our online partner, Rentalcars.
- Dordogne has a mild climate, with cool winters and warm summers. And plenty of sunshine. So as far as the weather is concerned there’s no best time of year to visit. Sunny summer, with maximum averages hovering around 28°C, is probably the most popular time to visit, but it’s probably better to consider it an expanded season and say that any time between April and October will be warm and sunny. if you’re visiting for truffle season then you’ll be wanting to arrive between December and March.
Best Hotels in Dordogne
Hotel Edward 1er 17 rooms from £60Monpazier, Dordogne
A 19th century mini chateau in the charming town of Monpazier. Antiques, marble fireplaces and chintzy fabrics in the rooms. Two excellent restaurants and a lovely swimming pool. A very characterful place to stay for exploring the region around.Local exploring - Caves of Lascaux, Castles of Biron, Castlenaud and Beynac.Swimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolTraditionalGreat walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - Sawdays
L'Auberge de L'etang Bleu 11 rooms from £61Vieux-Mareuil, Dordogne
A simple countryside house with French charm. Cosy rustic reception rooms with fireplaces, wooden beams and stone walls. Simply decorated bedrooms with attached bathrooms. An understated country escape in the surrounds of woodlands.Secluded setting - For escaping.TraditionalGreat walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - Sawdays
52 Eymet 5 rooms from £66Eymet
A charming guesthouse in the pretty town of Eymet. Rooms are traditional and cosy, yet unfussy, with white washed walls, wooden floors and cast iron beds. Indulgent breakfasts are served and there's a quaint courtyard to enjoy on summer days. A quintessentially French stay.Local exploring - Eymet is a charming historical town and well placed to access the sights of Dordogne.Sights nearby - Visit the Château de Bridoire a French castle located in the commune of Ribagnac.Great walks - Wander through the historic streets of Eymet and admire the timber houses.Full of character
Hostellerie les Griffons 10 rooms from £76Dordogne
A glorious hotel set in a 17th century country house on the river, with spectacular views. Cosy rooms have exposed beams, wooden floors and rustic charm. Gourmet cuisine from the restaurant, outdoor pool, gardens, and large sitting room. Romantic, gourmet, and family friendly.Families - Larger rooms for families, swimming pool, walking trails, wonders of the river and mountain bikingGreat walks - The hotel can advise on the routes of surrounding countrysideSights nearby - Brantome and its Benedectine AbbeyTraditionalRecommended by - Sawdays
Maison de Marquay 5 rooms from £70Marquay, Dordogne
Charming guest house not far from Sarlat-la-Canéda with an outdoor swimming pool, peaceful shaded garden and gastronomic restaurant. Beautifully stylish interiors feature sisal flooring, Persian rugs, antique pieces and contemporary bedrooms in cool earthy tones. A great hideaway & excellent value.Value chic - Exceptional value - the super chic rooms start from just €80 per night B&B.Kayaking - Local canoeing trips on offerLocal markets - Visit the daily local marketSights nearby - The medieval town of Sarlat
La Gueriniere 5 rooms from £70Domme (Dordogne)
A classic 18th century country house in rural France in 25 acres of scenic parkland. The peaceful garden has an outdoor swimming pool, tennis court and terrace dining area. Bedrooms have hard wood floors and decorated in a farmhouse style. The small restaurant serves traditional French dishes.Local exploring - The property is ideally based for exploring the DordogneKayaking - Explore the river Dordogne by kayakLocal markets - Visit the local market in DommeSights nearby - Domme CavesRecommended by - Sawdays
Hostellerie Saint Jacques 13 rooms from £70Saint-Saud-Lacoussière, Dordogne
A quirky boutique in the heart of the Perigord-Limousin regional park. Lavish rooms and suites decorated in a whole mix of colours and fabrics with all the mod cons. Fabulous cuisine typical of the region, but served with flair. Gardens strewn with hangings and artwork.Foodies - Fabulous cuisine, such as corn pancake with duck and lobster, foie gras with figs, Saint-Jacques scallops with chips pig ..Sights nearby - Brantome, Bourdeilles, Saint Jean de Cole, caves of Villars, Castle Puyguilhem.Outstanding location - In the heart of green Périgord, near Brantome and Nontron.Great walks - Good for walkers.
La Maison des Peyrat 10 rooms from £72Sarlat
A characterful old stone house set in secluded mature gardens just a short walk from Sarlat's town centre. Traditionally dressed rooms are decorated with soft hues, antiques and feature exposed stone walls. A well priced option to explore the region from.Local exploring - Ideally positioned just a 10 minute walk from Sarlat town centre and with easy access to the region's main attractions.Sights nearby - Discover the fascinating prehistoric cave art in the Vézère Valley.Local markets - Sarlat’s food market is a must visit.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool
Les Charmes de Carlucet 4 rooms from £74St Crepin Carlucet, Dordogne
Les Charmes de Carlucet is an estate not far from Sarlat-la-Canéda. It offers four simple and stylish B&B rooms in the main building, and two luxury self-catered private villas for a more intimate getaway, plus a large outdoor pool. A great base for exploring the area for all the family.Views - From the two luxury gites, local 11th century churches can be seenSights nearby - Explore the Dordogne Valley, the Vezere Valley and the Lot Valley5* Luxury - The Beaux Reves is a 5* Gite with a private poolSwimming Pool - Outdoor heated poolRecommended by - Sawdays
Pauliac Chambres d'Hotes 5 rooms from £75Ribérac, Dordogne
Charming accommodation with homely bedrooms in an old farmhouse. Rooms are clean and decorated in cool neutral tones with some original wooden features. Lovely garden with plunge pool and sit out terrace. Communal kitchen and on site restaurant. Great value in the heart of the Dordogne.Cooking classes - Four and six day cookery courses on offerArt Classes - Four and six day art courses availableSights nearby - Explore the pretty towns and villages of the DordogneLocal markets - Riberac has a busy market every FridayRecommended by - Sawdays
La Roseraie 14 rooms from £78Montignac
A delightful 19th Century mansion located in the medieval village of Montignac. Spacious, light filled rooms are a mix of traditional and contemporary, all are air conditioned. There's an inviting garden with swimming pool and sun terrace and the restaurant serves regional dishes.Local exploring - A great base for exploring the surrounding area, with plenty to do for all agesSights nearby - The famous Lascaux caves are in Montignac and the charming town of Sarlat is close by.Kayaking - Canoeing available nearby on the VezereGreat walks - Explore the local area on foot
L'Esplanade, Domme 15 rooms from £79Domme
Spectacular views over the valley and river Dordogne and fabulous food. A traditional and charming village inn with tasteful bedrooms. A family friendly spot, also great for a romantic country escape.Views - Wonderful views of the river Dordogne and the valley.GourmetSights nearby - Great base for exploring the Dordogne valleyCooking classes - Check for timings.
La Charmeraie 4 rooms from £83Dordogne
A quintessentially French country house set in beautifully manicured gardens. A handful of rooms are traditionally dressed with cast iron beds, exposed stone walls and beamed ceilings. Spend days lounging by the pool, taking long walks or simply unwinding with a good book.Country Escape - A picturesque rural house complete with pool and landscaped gardens. A French rural idyll.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolTraditionalRomantic - Good for couples.
Manoir d'Hautegente 16 rooms from £83Coly, Dordogne
A glorious manor house on the banks of the river Coly in the Eastern Dordogne. Elegant rooms with Toile du Jouy wallpapers and river views. Fantastic riverside restaurant, swimming pool, and beautiful grounds. 4 cottages to rent. A charming family friendly home from home.FamiliesSights nearby - 15 minutes from the Lascaux cavesFishing - On the river ColyCooking classes - Check for timings.
Bechanou 5 rooms from £83Plazac, Dordogne
A delightful little guesthouse set remotely in the heart of Périgord Noir. A rustic farmhouse with gorgeous rooms decorated in soft pastels with wooden floorboards and large beds. An excellent table d'hote, swimming pool, library, and bikes available to explore the area. Totally relaxing.Country Escape - A rural escape in the heart of the natural Périgord Noir.Sights nearby - Lascaux, Font de Gaume and numerous castles, gardens, and small villages along the Vezere.Traditional - A completely rustic farmhouse in a wonderfully rural setting.Great walks - Good for walkers.
La Commanderie 7 rooms from £86Dordogne
A pretty stone house decorated with pale blue shutters set in beautiful mature gardens. Traditionally dressed rooms feature elegant antiques and softly patterned French wallpaper. A fabulous restaurant served regional dishes and there's a large pool to enjoy in the summer months.Country Escape - A beautiful traditional house offering superb walks and a tranquil setting.Sights nearby - Visit the famed prehistoric art in the region safeguarded in caves.Great walks - Take long walks through the scenic surrounding countryside.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool
La Villa Romaine 17 rooms from £88Carsac-Aillac, Dordogne
A beautiful sandstone farmhouse with sweeping views over the valley. Simple but chic rooms with wooden beams, four posters and linen drapes. Excellent restaurant and lovely swimming pool. Great outdoor areas perfect for wedding receptions or group celebrations.Views - Stunning views of the gardens and rivers.Garden - Beautiful gardens.Country EscapeCharmingRecommended by - Sawdays
Le Chateau de Clauzuroux 5 rooms from £88Dordogne
A striking chateau set in sprawling grounds. Traditionally dressed throughout with a choice selection of antiques, high ceilings and large windows. Featuring a swimming pool, tennis court and plenty of quiet spaces to curl up with a good book.Families - With a play area, plenty of space and a swimming pool children will be kept entertained.Great walks - Take long walks (starting straight from the property) through the picturesque countryside.Sights nearby - Discover some of the many castles in the region.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool
Les Glycines 16 rooms from £88Les Eyzies-de-Tayac-Sireuil, Dordogne
A former coaching inn set in lush parkland. Contemporary chic rooms and suites, restaurant terrace with fabulous views, and swimming pool. A gourmet spot with a relaxing atmosphere.Sights nearby - Excellent base for exploring the Dordogne ValleySwimming Pool - Outdoor PoolCooking classes - Check for timings.
La Ferme Lamy 12 rooms from £89Meyrals, Dordogne
Delightful stone and terracotta farmhouse conversion. Simple rooms with white washed walls, stone floors, wooden beamed ceilings and terraces onto the garden. Swimming pool and breakfast terrace. Laid back and relaxed. Great for families and couples.Swimming Pool - Outdoor PoolSights nearby - Well located for major sights.Great walks - Good for walkers.Local markets - Good for local colour.
Le Prieure 6 rooms from £104Biron, Dordogne
An idyllic B&B near Biron Castle. Rooms and apartments are full of charm: exposed beams, vintage mirrors, soft colours and beautiful bathrooms. A shady garden terrace and rustic-chic public spaces. A romantic spot for discovering the region.Local exploring - Situated next to Biron Castle, Bastille villages and the treasures of the Périgord. Shady garden to plan the sights fromSights nearby - Bastides towns of Monpazier, Beaumont, Villereal, Villefranche du Perigord, Monflanquin are just a few minutes drive awayGreat walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - Sawdays
La boissiere 4 rooms from £93Grand Brassac, Dordogne
A striking country house turned chic B&B. Beautifully renovated rooms are light and airy with white washed walls, large windows, exposed beams and crisp white linen. Dip in the enormous pool, feast on indulgent breakfasts and use a hotel bike to discover the region.Country Escape - A French rural idyll; large pool, sprawling gardens and chic design.Kayaking - Hire kayaks and paddle down the Dronne.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolFull of characterRecommended by - Sawdays
La Roche d'Esteil 5 rooms from £97Sainte-Nathalène, Dordogne
A beautifully converted farm house offering rustic chic accommodation in a beautiful spot outside the ancient town of Sarlat. Rooms are simply styled and spacious with exposed beams and stonework, soft hues and indulgent bathrooms. A large pool and fabulous restaurant make this a special stay.Country Escape - Boasting a tranquil and secluded spot on the edge of a pretty village. The ideal space to unwind in the countryside.Sights nearby - Visit the prehistoric art located within the caves of Lascaux.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolFull of character
Mont d'Onel 5 rooms from £98Couze-et-Saint-Front, Dordogne
A wondrous 13th chateau-come-hotel in the Dordogne. Awash with character and charm, the hotel is tastefully decorated with a nod to its historical past. Perched atop a mound, it boasts stunning views of the Dordogne valley. A delightful B&B.Romantic Break - The ideal romantic escape, with chic rooms, private terraces, poolside loungers, and acres of parklands to explore.Great walks - There are miles of stunning walking trails around the Dordogne.Kayaking - Go on a kayaking trip down the Dordogne river.Romantic - Good for couples.
Chateau de Villars 5 rooms from £100Acquitaine, Dordogne
Sat in nine acres of gardens and fields in the heart of the Dordogne, the Chateau de Villars offers total relaxation with all inclusive culinary excellence no matter what your dietary needs. The decor is contemporary with a French romantic twist and the cottage is truly a 'home from home'.Back to NatureLocal markets - Good for local colour.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorSights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - Sawdays
Les Jardins de Brantome 7 rooms from £101Brantome
Les Jardins de Brantôme is a quiet wonder, just on the outskirts of the town of Brantôme. With stylish rooms, a superb restaurant and a magical garden, it makes for an excellent place to stay in the Dordogne. Perfect for couples looking for a intimate, relaxing holiday.Romantic Break - The sophisticated and elegant suites make for a perfect for a romantic break in the beautiful Dordogne region.Active Holiday - An ideal resting point after a long day outdoors, either kayaking, walking, golfing or cycling.Kayaking - Rent a kayak and head off to explore the countryside down the Dordogne river.Great walks - There are numerous beautiful walking trails from the hotel to nearby caves.
Le Manoir de Bellerive 21 rooms from £101Périgord, Dordogne
A striking white manor set in beautifully manicured gardens on the Dordogne river. Traditionally dressed rooms are filled with antiques and decorated with patterned French wallpaper. The service is tip-top and a well priced restaurant offers excellent regional dishes.Country Escape - An imposing country house set in spectacular gardens right on the river Dordogne.Great walks - Enjoy long scenic walks starting straight from the property.Kayaking - Take a scenic kayaking trip along the Dordogne river.Secluded setting - For escaping.
Chateau de Lalande 17 rooms from £101Perigueux
A picture perfect chateau in the heart of the Dordogne. Traditional rooms with floral wallpaper, quaint beamed ceilings and antique furniture. Elegant reception rooms to enjoy a tipple in and an excellent restaurant to boot. Glorious grounds complete with a well sized pool. Come for a relaxing stay.Country Escape - An idyllic chateau in beautiful surrounds perfect for completely unwinding.Foodies - A gourmet restaurant serving up exquisite regional cuisine.Sights nearby - Numerous historic chateaus and cathedrals to visit. The owners will be more than happy to hand out recommendations.Great walks - Lovely walks through the picturesque estate.
Moulin de Vigonac 10 rooms from £116Brantôme, Dordogne
A delightful hotel in a 16th century watermill. Large rustic chic rooms have exposed beams, warm furnishings and views over the gardens. An outdoor pool, sunny terrace, and lovely, fresh regional cuisine. Quiet, idyllic and full of countryside charm.Country Escape - A quiet location by the River Dronne, wander around the old mill, woods nearby and all the fun which can be had on the riverRestrictions on children - Children over 2 years old welcomeSights nearby - Château de BourdeillesFull of character
Château Le Mas de Montet 10 rooms from £104Riberac, Dordogne
A Renaissance-style château, with fairytale-esque features and gorgeously renovated interiors. Wonderfully picturesque with turrets and creepers. Beautiful, traditionally-styled, rooms with four-poster beds. A luxurious jewel in Perigord perfect for completely unwinding.Families - Plenty of room for little ones to run around, plus the glamourous setting is ideal for the adults to find some tranquility.Romantic Break - Gorgeous chateau situated in acres of parkland, boasting palatial beds and rolltop baths, ideal for a peaceful escape.Great walks - This Renaissance chateau is set in 130 acres of stunning parkland and ancient woods, ideal for walking.Swimming Pool - Lovely outdoor poolRecommended by - Sawdays
Les Hauts de Saint Vincent 5 rooms from £105Dordogne
A beautifully restored 17th century 'Maison de Maître' set besides the Dordogne river. A handful of impeccably styled rooms mix traditional and contemporary design to great effect. There's a large outdoor pool, bikes to rent and regional cuisine served. A charming spot to explore the region from.Local exploring - A chic base well positioned to explore the region from.Great walks - Take a stroll through the beautifully manicured Marqueyssac gardens.Sights nearby - Visit the prehistoric caves of Les Eyzies de Tayac and Lascaux.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool
Chateau les Merles 18 rooms from £105Mouleydier, Dordogne
A dreamy sand stone chateau set in the surrounds of golf courses, vineyards and forests. Contemporary rooms in the chateau and in its two separate villas. Two fantastic restaurants, spa, swimming pool, and activities abound. Perfect spot for families, foodies, and relaxers.Families - 2 separate villas perfect for families.Gourmet - Two fantastic restaurants.FoodiesCountry EscapeRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Sawdays
Le Centenaire 20 rooms from £105Les Eyzies (Dordogne)
A simple yet stylish hotel with the relaxed feel of a home from home. Rooms are spacious and comfortable, some with balconies, and suites can sleep up to five. Gastronomic restaurant with lovely outside dining. A good base for exploring and ideal for families, with plenty to do close by.Kayaking - Kayaking and canoeing on the Vezere or Dordogne riversSights nearby - National Prehistoric Museum. Sarlat is not farGreat walks - Hiking and walking routes nearbySwimming Pool - Heated outdoor pool
L'Imaginaire 7 rooms from £108Terrasson-Lavilledieu, Dordogne
A charming 17th century property, in the heart of Perigord. Renovated to maintain the authentic local architecture, with stone walls and wooden floorings creating a very cosy and comfortable atmosphere. A French restaurant is open for dinner. Explore the blue-slated-roof town, in style.Local exploring - The hotel has a very central location in Perigord and is close to Sarlat, Bergerac and Rocamadour as well.Back to Nature - Go to the world reknowned Gardens of Imagination in Terrasson, within walking distance to the hotel.Sights nearby - Guests must visit the famous caves of Lascaux, a fascinating experience.Local markets - Visit the local market that takes place on Thursday by the river.
Le Logis La Montagne 5 rooms from £124ALLEMANS, Dordogne
A charming gîte surrounded by beautiful parkland. Design throughout is traditional yet unfussy with exposed beams set against white washed walls and dotted with contemporary art. Play a game of boules on the lawn, swim in the pool or spend days exploring the region.Country Escape - A laid-back gîte set in picturesque countryside, ideal for relaxing rural escapes.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolTraditionalSecluded setting - For escaping.Recommended by - Sawdays
Manoir de Beauregard 3 rooms from £110Dordogne
A beautifully renovated 17th century house set in acres of picturesque grounds. A handful of chic rooms are the perfect mix of traditional and contemporary styles with antiques sitting against white washed walls and indulgent modern bathrooms set in rooms with beamed ceilings. A rural idyll.Country Escape - A charming rural house set in 40 acres of picturesque gardens.Great walks - Take long scenic walks starting straight from the property.Local markets - Visit the lively farmers market in Bergerac.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolRecommended by - Sawdays
Hotel de Bouilhac 10 rooms from £110Montignac
An elegant hotel, brimming with history, in the pretty town of Montignac. Spacious rooms are individually styled but all are light and airy with high ceilings, antiques and chic bathrooms. A fabulous restaurant uses local produce to fine effect and there's naturally an excellent wine list too.Foodies - Sample contemporary French cuisine at its finest in the hotel's restaurant.Sights nearby - Visit the majestic Château de Castelnaud-la-Chapelle.Kayaking - Take a scenic kayaking trip along the Montignac.Full of character
1 Logis a Domme 5 rooms from £110Domme
A charming guest house set in a the heart of the beautiful village of Domme. Elegant rooms are traditionally dressed with patterned French wallpaper, terracotta tiled floors and beamed ceilings. Sunny terraces offer beautiful views and there's a cosy fire lit lounge too.Local exploring - Set in the heart of an ancient village ideal for exploring the Dordogne region.Great walks - Stroll through the village of Domme, noted as one of France's most beautiful villages.Sights nearby - Make a trip to visit the art held inside the prehistoric cave of Lascaux.Full of character
Chateau de Monrecour 10 rooms from £112Saint-Vincent-de-Cosse,, Dordogne
Charming chateau with gourmet restaurant located in the heart of the Dordogne Valley. Interiors feauture original parquet flooring and ornate wood panelled walls. Comfortable guest rooms with scenic views, some with four posters & some that can sleep up to 5. Great for families & local exploring.Sights nearby - Close to Beynac and Cazenac and only minutes from Sarlat, it's an ideal base to travel around the beautiful, historic area.Great walks - There are lots of good walking and hiking routes in the area for all abilitiesSwimming Pool - South facing outdoor pool with views over to Milandes Chateau.Kayaking - Hire kayaks for the day and spend a day on the river.
Chateau des Baudry 5 rooms from £114Dordogne
An idyllic setting, scrumptious food and delightful hosts. Chateau des Baudry has an abundance of both charm and comfort. The rooms each have their own fireplace and antique furniture and the courtyard, terrace and garden offer a tranquil oasis. An ideal spot from which to explore the Dordogne.Valley location - Explore the Dordogne ValleyTraditional - The rooms have been maintained in their traditional style with wooden beams and stone floorsSights nearby - Visit the “Bastides” - Medieval villages built during the 13th and 14th centuriesLocal markets - Many nearby markets including one at SigoulèsRecommended by - Sawdays
La Metairie 9 rooms from £118Mauzac et Grand Castang, Dordogne
A beautiful 19th century house in the tranquil surroundings of Perigord. Exposed beams, extensive grounds, outdoor pool, bright colours and a terrace overlooking the garden. All the ingredients for a relaxing rural escape in this 4 star boutique hotel.Sights nearby - The grottos of Les Eyzies, Beynac Castle, Montbazillac.Country EscapeSwimming Pool - Outdoor PoolFull of characterRecommended by - Sawdays
Le Petit Paradis 5 rooms from £118GROLEJAC, Dordogne
A luxurious rural escape set in picturesque countryside. Beautifully styled rooms use natural materials to create light and spacious spaces. There's a heated indoor pool, massages on offer along with yoga and meditation classes. Ideal for totally unwinding.Total relaxation - A tranquil rural spot complete with yoga and massage offerings (it's adult only too).Great walks - Take a stroll through the nearby village of Domme, noted to be one of France's prettiest.Sights nearby - Visit the renowned art set in prehistoric caves.Swimming Pool - Indoor poolRecommended by - Sawdays
La Villa des Consuls 11 rooms from £131Sarlat
A chic small hotel set in the heart of the market town of Sarlat-la-Canéda. Rooms are spacious and contemporary and some offer self-catering options. Breakfasts are a celebration of local produce and you are just a short walk from the town's main attractions.Local exploring - Set in the heart of the historic town of Sarlat-la-Canéda.Local markets - The town's weekly food markets are a must visit.Kayaking - Hire a kayak and paddle down the Dordogne river.Full of character
Manoir de la Malartrie 6 rooms from £132Dordogne
A stunning riverside manor filled with antiques and brimming with charm. A handful of individually styled rooms mix contemporary and traditional design to great effect. Indulgent breakfasts are served, there's a large pool and small river beach too. A luxurious base for exploring the region from.Country Escape - A charming country manor set in an enviable rural position along the Dordogne river.Fishing - Fish for some of the river's migratory species such as salmon, sea trout of wild sturgeon.Kayaking - Hire a kayak and take a scenic trip along the river.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolRecommended by - Sawdays
Le Chatenet 5 rooms from £132Brantôme, Dordogne
A lovely family-run manor house on a 6 hectare estate. Charming bedrooms and suites with fabric covered walls and wooden beamed ceilings. Spacious grounds include a swimming pool, a dovecote, and a tennis court. Great for families and groups of friends.Sights nearby - 10 minutes on foot into the centre of BrantomeSwimming Pool - Outdoor PoolLocal markets - Good for local colour.Great walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - Sawdays
Chateau la Thuiliere 5 rooms from £132Saint-Front-de-Pradoux, Dordogne
Dark mahogany and low mood lighting dominate this renovated chateau. Set in Bordeaux's wine lands it's a cosy hideaway from which to explore the surroundings. Perfect for a restful break with not too many frills.Restrictions on children - Children under 12 are not encouraged.Swimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolCooking classes - Check for timings.Great walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Sawdays
Le Moulin de L'Abbaye 19 rooms from £145Brantome, Dordogne
Charming historic mill on the banks of the river. A picturesque stone building with attractive greenery and blue shutters. Two delicious restaurants serving local cuisine with riverbank seating. An enchanting spot for foodies, families and explorers.Village - Brantome is the "Venice of the Périgord".Riverside - A beautiful mill on the river front.Views - Fariytale views over the river.Foodies - Two excellent restaurants.Recommended by - Relais & Chateaux
Château des Vigiers 75 rooms from £145Bergerac
Beautiful rooms epitomise this 16th century chateau - fourposter beds and antique furnishings. The Relais is the eco-friendly sister hotel sited next to 27 hole golf course. Cosy spa and Michelin star restaurant.Kayaking - On Dordogne RiverSwimming Pool - In RelaisGreat walks - Good for walkers.Spa
Par La Riviere 3 rooms from £145Dordogne
A charming country house offering chic accommodation in a secluded spot alongside the Dordogne river. Suites are expansive and are designed with a perfect mix of traditional and contemporary styles. A luxurious and tranquil base to explore the Dordogne region from.Country Escape - A quiet and scenic spot surrounded by beautiful countryside.Sights nearby - Dordogne is said to have 1001 castles and chateaux so there's plenty to explore.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolFull of characterRecommended by - Sawdays
Chateau de Maraval 4 rooms from £154Domme
Set amid four acres, this peaceful, adults only chateau has an elegant swimming pool, spa and fitness centre. Pretty, traditional Perigord styling on the outside gives way to modernist interiors with each room individually designed to a specific theme. Ideal for a romantic break in rural France.Local markets - Sarlat and many of the towns and villages have weekly marketsKayaking - Spend a day kayaking down the Dordogne riverSwimming Pool - Outdoor heated poolRestrictions on children - No children
Le Moulin du Roc 15 rooms from £158Champagnac-de-Belair, Dordogne
A beautiful mill with a Michelin starred restaurant, tennis court, and swimming pool. Romantic footbridges and terraces lead to luxuriously decorated rooms, suites and an apartment, all with private terraces. Classic furniture, exposed beams, and modern comforts. Very romantic.Foodies - Michelin starred.Private Hot Tub - 12 of the rooms have jacuzzi bath tubsSights nearby - Ideal base for exploring the DordogneFishing - Fly fishing on the riverRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide
La Chartreuse de Bignac 13 rooms from £166Bergerac (Saint-Nexans)
A charming 17th century manor house in the sprawling countryside. Luxurious and rustic rooms with attractive furnishings and private balconies. Fantastic French restaurant and organic breakfasts in the garden. Swimming pool, views, fresh air. Lots to do in the rolling hills and nearby lake.Families - There's a children's menu at the restaurant.Country EscapeSights nearby - Chateau de Monbazillac, Cyrano de Bergerac Statue.Sailing - Boating on the lake.
Le Vieux Logis 23 rooms from £171Trémolat, Dordogne
A stunning manor house hotel with fabulous restaurants. Bedrooms and suites are lavish, but understated. Rich fabrics, kilims, antique furniture and four poster beds. Splendid grounds and swimming pool. Delicious, romantic, picturesque.Foodies - Two restaurants; gourmet and bistro.Restaurant - Michelin starred restaurantSights nearby - Explore all the major attractions of the Perigord NoirSwimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux
Chartreuse Le Cariol 3 rooms from £197Bergerac (Le Cariol)
A 12th century estate, turned boutique hotel, in Leydou. From the moment you arrive the relaxed and homely vibe will draw you in. Simple and chic decor dotted with original works by the artist/owner. Chill by the pool, wander through the countryside or sample the wine cellar. Addictively good!Hideaway - The perfect retreat from it all spot, homely chilled out vibes, impromptu starlight dinners and miles of countryside to explore.Local exploring - The surrounding area has many caves, castles and ancient villages to be explored.Great walks - Ask your hosts for advice about which walks and trails to follow, they will happily guide.Swimming Pool - An outdoor pool for guestsRecommended by - Sawdays
Chateau Lalinde 6 rooms from £211Dordogne
A fairy-tale chateau with traditional rooms & infinity pool overlooking the Dordogne River. Guests can relax in the library, the terrace or their own balcony, or explore the vast array of historical and cultural activities nearby. Perfect for families and groups to recharge their batteries in style.Local markets - Organic local produce is sold at Lalinde's market every Thursday and Saturday morningsSights nearby - Close to Bergerac, the Aquitaine bastide towns and the Lascaux cavesKayaking - Along the Dordogne River at the foot of the ChateauSwimming Pool - Outdoor infinity pool overlooking the riverRecommended by - Sawdays