Search the best hotels in Epernay
The true capital of Champagne, Épernay lies at the heart of the iconic tipple's story. A heritage town famed for its grand buidings, extensive underground cellars and fabulous surrounding vineyards, this is a terrific destination for keen foodies and champagne aficionados looking to savour the best of the region. Boasting everything from chic B&Bs to indulgent country house hotels, our list of the best places to stay in Épernay promises a brilliant selection of top spots for trips as a couple or with friends and family.
Almost 90% of Épernay’s population are involved with champagne production — most at one of the town’s 37 Champagne houses, which range in size from icons such as Moët & Chandon or Mercier to little boutique producers. For a sense of this legacy, stroll along the impressive Avenue de Champagne or discover the Musée du Vin de Champagne. Connections to the good stuff continue below Épernay’s streets, too, where almost 110kms worth of cellars reputedly hold 200 million bottles of fizz.
The town’s Eglise Notre Dame and 1850-built Hôtel de Ville are well worth visiting, as is the picturesque countryside beyond Épernay. Spend your days cycling, hiking and horse riding in the Montagne de Reims Regional Natural Park, or enjoying tours and tastings at celebrated vineyards. Return to the best places to stay in Épernay for delicious cuisine paired with locally produced wines and champagnes.
The Best Places to Stay in Épernay
- Hôtel Restaurant Les Avisés hides slick rooms and suites decorated with mid-century designer furnishings, tucked behind a 19th-century façade. Chef Stéphane Rossillon serves innovative seasonal cuisine in the Michelin-starred restaurant, and the family-owned vineyard produces fantastic wine. Tours and tastings are not to be missed.
- Hostellerie La Briqueterie is a lovely country house hotel surrounded by vineyards a few kilometres from Épernay. Individually decorated rooms are warm and playful. Enjoy restorative spa treatments, refreshing pool dips and soaking up the sunshine in the garden. The Michelin-recommended restaurant's modern tasting menus feature top-notch ingredients. An emerging foodie destination.
- Château d'Etoges sits within 17 acres of vineyards and parkland. Opulent bedrooms boast four-poster beds, sumptuous textiles, fireplaces and parquet flooring. Honeymooners and romantics will adore the blissful setting and the serene spa, whilst foodies can tuck into delectable fare at the Orangerie restaurant. The five-course tasting menus are superb.
For Families or Groups
- Bubble 8 offers stylish apartments in the heart of the city. Some have space for families or groups, as well as modern kitchens, sitting rooms and private terraces. Perfect for independent stays or longer trips to Épernay.
- Champagne André Bergère is a lovely B&B in central Épernay. Traditional interiors feature soft hues, antique furnishings and pale wooden floors. Rooms are great for couples, whilst the apartments with additional sofa beds are ideal for small groups or families.
- Hôtel Jean Moët offers chic accommodation in an 18th-century building in the heart of town. Larger rooms are ideal for families, and buffet breakfasts are included. Head to the champagne bar next door for tastings with friends. The Avenue de Champagne is moments away.
- La Villa Eugène has glamorous rooms and suites for romantic couples eager to stay on the famed Avenue de Champagne. Once owned by the Mercier family, this opulent villa has been extensively restored and now boasts a swimming pool, bar and smart conservatory. A classic luxury choice.
- Royal Champagne Hotel & Spa is a tremendously indulgent hotel overlooking vineyards and the Montagne de Reims Regional Natural Park. Expect spacious, cream-clad rooms and suites, a sumptuous spa with indoor pool, and a stand-out restaurant with impressive wine list. Absolute luxury.
For Great Value
- Les Berceaux is a small, family-owned hotel with 28 traditional rooms and two superb restaurants. Chef Patrick Michelon's Michelon Restaurant is fabulous, as is the more laid-back Bistro No 7. An affordable, food-focused choice.
- Le Clos Raymi has just seven guestrooms, each of which has a slightly different French theme. A characterful B&B in the centre of town, this is a very reasonably priced spot. Evening drinks on the terrace are a highlight.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY House
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport and hop aboard a 1.5 hour train to Épernay.
- Champagne is brilliant for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Visit between June and September for the warmest weather (peaking at around 25°C). The harvest tends to take place in September — times vary slightly for each vineyard — and you'll find this is a hugely exciting but busy time to visit. April-May and October are quieter and cooler.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Reims.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Champagne.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Epernay
Best Hotels in Epernay
Les Berceaux Epernay 28 rooms from £82Foodies - Chef Patrick Michelon and his dedicated team prepare an unforgettable menu, plus the champagne list is to die for.Museums - The Museum of Old Champagne Crafts is nearby where you can see what loval crafts have existed here in the region.Wine tasting - Take a tour of Épernay, guided by Champagne connoisseurs through all the great vineyards of this area.Romantic Break - With Champagne flowing and Michelin starred cuisine, you will pass a very enjoyable getaway.
Family run hotel in Epernay, the heart of the Champagne region, with the world famous Avenue de Champagne close by. The contemporary rooms are comfortable and well equipped, but the cuisine really takes centre stage at the two restaurants - the Michelin starred Michelon and the Bistrot 7. See More
Chateau d'Etoges Étoges, Champagne 28 rooms from £113Other Activities - Built in the 17th century by the Counts of Anglure, the castle has a long and interesting history, make sure to take a tour.Wine tasting - Etoges is very close to the "Côte des Blancs", a famous region of Champagne where the "Blanc de Blancs" is produced.Short break - They offer 1, 2, or 3 night packages for romantic breaks with bottles of Champagne, dinner and bubbly breakfast.Total relaxation - A pampering destination, from the opulent rooms, to the gournet cuisine, stunning grounds and indulgent spa.
A stately chateau surrounded by vineyards and parklands. Traditional style bedrooms, the best with four poster beds, fireplaces, parquet floors, and high ceilings. A small spa and wellness centre and Orangery restaurant for gourmet french cuisine. Fit for a King. See More
Hôtel Jean Moët Epernay 12 rooms from £121Museums - Take a champagne tour in one of the surrounding vineyards, learn about the history and sample the fruits of their labour.Other Activities - After a longs days Champagne tasting, relax and refresh in the in house spa, complete with pool and sauna.Romantic Break - A chic hotel in the glorious town of Épernay, boasting suave suites, a Champagne bar, spa and sauna.Local exploring - A perfect base for explore the Champagne capital of the world in a grown up and sophisticated style.
A beautiful 18th century townhouse, just steps from the magnificent Avenue de Champagne. Elegant rooms wonderfully furnished in the mode of Louis XV. Ideally placed to explore the magnificent champagne cellars of Epernay and the surrounding vineyards. See More
Bubble 8 Epernay (Épernay) 4 rooms from £145Sights nearby - Ideally located just 300 m from Moët et Chandon House - Tour the famous Champagne vaults which are over 200 years oldWine tasting - Hostess Pascale will advise on the finest vineyard tours in the world's most prestiguous wine-growing regionRomantic Break - These chic apartments just 250m from the start of the Champagne Road are perfect for a romantic getawayGreat walks - Walk the champagne trail and discover the beautiful nature complementing the popular sparkling wineRecommended by - Sawdays
Self-catering and studio apartments in a traditional pale stone 19th-century townhouse in the centre of the grand town of Epernay. Apartments are tastefully decorated in a contemporary style and come fully-equipped with modern amenities. A couple of units have a seating area and an outdoor terrace. See More
Champagne Andre Bergere Epernay 5 rooms from £166Museums - For anyone with an interest in the history of the region, visit the Museum of Champagne Tradition in The Castellane house.Wine tasting - Sample some of the houses's produce, and learn a little about the process and history while you are at it.Romantic Break - You cannot help but be swept away with the romance of this Champagne house, their passion is palpable.Self catering to rent - There are 2 stylish apartments which come with a fully equipped kitchen and living area.
A charming B&B comprising of a handful of elegant rooms and smart apartments. Interiors are fresh and traditional with soft hues, antiques and pale wooden floors. Ideally located within walking distance of some of the region's most famed Champagne producers. See More
Le Clos Raymi Epernay 7 rooms from £148Romantic Break - Quiet accomodation in a beautiful building and plenty of nearby Champagne Houses-perfect for a romantic getawayLocal exploring - Le Clos Raymi's central location in Épernay makes it an ideal spot for getting to know Champagne's capitalGreat walks - There are plenty of hiking trails around Épernay for you to explore, ask at the hotel for details.Sights nearby - The Georges Cartier, Pol Roger and Moët et Chandon Champagne Houses are right around the corner!Recommended by - Michelin Travel
Le Clos Raymi is set in a 19th century mansion in the centre of Épernay. Its rooms are decorated in a quirky style with 1930s art-deco furnishings, and some even come with an ornamental fireplace. Be sure to sit out in their garden terrace and enjoy the sun! A friendly and unfussy stay. See More
Hostellerie La Briqueterie Epernay 40 rooms from £174Romantic Break - A fairytale setting for a romantic break, from the leafy grounds to the wonderful spa, haute cuisine and extensive wine list.Country Escape - Tucked away in fragrant gardens and rolling vineyards dotted with weeping willows, purple maples and intoxicating roses.Hotel Entertainment - Spend a relaxing evening sipping on champagne in the bar, or head out on the terrace and admire the stars.Wine tasting - The Lecomte family has been producing Champagn here since 1859, take some time to sample their vintages.Recommended by - Relais & Chateaux, Michelin Travel
Recently renovated country house hotel on a vineyard just a stone's throw from Epernay. Luxurious rooms are indivdually designed with interesting fabrics and bold wallpapers. Sit out on the terrace and enjoy views over gardens, fountains and pool, or head in for fabulously pampering spa treatments. See More
Hotel Restaurant Les Avises Epernay (Champagne) 10 rooms from £217Wine tasting - There is no better place to sample the golden, bubbly delights of the Champagne region!Sailing - Sailing on the Lac de Villegusien is a wonderful way to spend an afternoon.Sights nearby - Reims Catherdral and the Abbey of Saint Remi not to be missed.Great walks - Through the Montagne De Reims Regional Nature Park.
Located in Champagne, France's famous wine region, plus a famous restaurant headed by Michelin star awarded chef Rossillon, this property is a must for foodies. The chateau is 19th century with modern interiors. Rooms feature cow skin rugs, retro furnishings, original art and expansive bathrooms. See More
La Villa Eugene Epernay 15 rooms from £254City Style - No doubt the most stylish choice in town, a bold mix of modern interiors and historic features, as well as a lovely garden pool.Local exploring - Once owned by one of the most famous Champagne Magnets, Eugène Mercier, you are embedded in the regions history.Other Activities - The hotel works in partnership with some of the towns best restaurants, all within walking distance of the hotel.Wine tasting - Make the most of the regions produce, you are perfectly placed to visit the three major Routes de Champagne.Recommended by - Sawdays
A highly sophisticated and very luxurious city spot that once belonged to the Mercier family. Seamless bedrooms and suites decorated in chic creams with parquet floors and fireplaces. An elegant conservatory bar looks onto a pool and the gardens. See More
Royal Champagne Hotel & Spa Epernay 47 rooms from £451Spa breaks - Take advantage of the hotel's newly inaugurated spa with first-class facilities, and book this hotel for your next spa breakRomantic Break - Views of the beautiful French countryside's rolling hills from this hotel make it a great choice for a romantic getawayFoodies - Foodies will love the hotel's Michelin-starred, fine dining restaurant, with its focus on fresh, seasonal foodSights nearby - Enquire at the hotel about car rental and explore the beautiful nearby towns of Provins and EpernayRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux, Michelin Travel
This five-star hotel overlooks the vineyards of the Champagne region. Reopening after a full renovation, the hotel's guestrooms are elegant and luxurious with natural accents; the best suites offer a terrace with pretty views. Book into the spa before a Michelin-starred dinner. An exclusive retreat. See More