- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Gordes
Built into a hillside in the Luberon Valley, Gordes epitomises rural French charm. Beauty and heritage overlap easily in this stunning town which was first settled by the Romans. Elegant architecture and glorious views are in steady supply here and keen hikers will find plenty of walking trails in the surrounding valleys. Our selection of best places to stay in Gordes range from charming B&Bs to grandiose country chateaux.
Things not to miss:
- In the centre of the town, Gordes Castle is definitely worth a visit.
- Founded in the 12th century, Senaque Abbey and its surrounding lavendar fields are a sight to behold.
- The town is surrounded by a number of ancient hamlets that are all steeped in charm and history. Browse through beautiful little streets and historic chapels in hamlets such as Gros and Imbert.
- Gordes is home to a number of annual festivals including the Gordes Wine Festival and the Gordes Music Festival.
- The Luberon valley is home to a whole host of walking and hiking trails.
Gordiens are amongst the most hospitable people you will find in France and our selection of the best places to stay in Gordes reflects the town's welcoming renown.
The best places to stay in Gordes
For Provençal Style
- La Bastide de Voulonne with its blue shutters and sandstone exterior embodies a classical Provençal country house. Boasting simple, elegant rooms, sumptuous food and a heavenly outdoor pool, it's ideal for a relaxing break.
- La Germe de a Huppe like other hotels in the region is a wonderfully renovated farmhouse. Relax by the pool and enjoy beautiful views over Gordes and the surrounding Luberon valley. A hillside stunner.
Hidden amidst groves of olives, cypresses, oaks and lavender, Les Bories is a fantastic luxury hotel. With an unsurpassable location overlooking the Luberon Valley, the hotel oozes class with delightful rooms, an extensive spa and sublime food. A real standout option.
For a relaxing stay
- Built on a site that belonged to medieval knights, Le Phebus & Spa offers five star indulgence. Encased in rustic charm, the hotel features lovely rooms and a divine spa that offers a whole range of relaxing therapies.
- Les Mas des Romarins is a place that is committed to quality. Whether with its excellent Provencal-style rooms or it's wonderful locally sourced restaurant, it makes good on its promise to deliver a top quality service.
For a homely stay
- Just south of Gordes, this converted farmhouse has a really convivial feel and atmosphere. Mas del la Regalade is quirky and comfy in equal measure with personalised rooms and tranquil gardens.
For an apartment or villa
- For those looking for additional privacy, we recommend you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- For international flyers, Avignon (15 miles) and Marseille (33 miles) are the best options.
- Gordes and the Luberon Valley is great for exploring with a car so we recommend you visit our online car hire partner Holiday Autos.
- Visit Gordes in the summer months for lovely temperatures and flowing fields of lavender.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Gordes
Le Mas des Romarins 13 rooms from $120Gordes
Authentic stone-walled 19th century house, with wonderful views, secret gardens, swimming pool and breakfast terrace. The chic Provencal-style rooms are full of character and the highly acclaimed restaurant crafts wonderful food from local produce. An ideal spot for exploring.Foodies - The restaurant is committed to using only the freshest locally sourced ingrediants, thus the yummy food changes each day.Local exploring - Well situated for exploring the stunning Luberon area, start with a stroll up to the lovely hilltop village of Gordes.Sights nearby - Just a few km away is the still working monastery the Cistercian Abbey of Notre Dame de Senanque.Great walks - Only a ten minute walk brings you to the historic village of Gordes, well worth checking out.Recommended by - Sawdays, Fodors
La Bastide de Voulonne 13 rooms from $143Gordes
Very attractive sandstone bastide farmhouse with blue shutters, extensive grounds, and surrounding lavender fields. With suites that sleep 5 and children's suppers, it's very family friendly. Herb gardens, delicious local food, swimming pool, and terraces. Glorious.FamiliesSights nearby - Great base for exploring the mediaeval villages of Provence. Plus Avignon and L'Isle sur la Sorgue nearbyViews - Wonderful views over the LuberonSwimming Pool - Heated outdoor poolRecommended by - Sawdays
Les Bories 33 rooms from $366Gordes
A sublime five star hotel, nestled amidst groves of olive trees, cypresses, oaks and lavender. Combining a magnificent setting looking out over the Luberon Valley with all the creature comforts of a top class hotel, Les Bories really hits the mark. A haven of relaxation.Total relaxation - Luxuriate in the extensive spa, feast on fantastic food on leafy terraces and unwind in the elegant suites.Sights nearby - Explore the gorgeous hilltop village of Gordes.Great walks - Stunning walking on the nearby Ochre Trail.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
Mas de la Regalade 4 rooms from $137Gordes
A quaint converted farmhouse with four individually styled rooms. Find character throughout with quirky furnishings against a traditional backdrop. Enjoy utter tranquility in the picturesque gardens. An array of activities are on offer in the surrounding area. A gorgeous spot for a rural escape.Country Escape - Situated in a sleepy picturesque Provence village. Unwind in the garden or explore the region.Great walks - Miles of scenic marked footpaths to be explored.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool.Traditional
La Ferme de la Huppe 10 rooms from $166Gordes
Recently renovated, this converted farm has beautiful views over the Luberon and the old village of Gordes. A calm and peaceful retreat with tranquil garden and pool. Rooms are decorated in the traditional Provencal style. The perfect hideaway for local village exploring.Local markets - Village des Bories- AvignonSwimming Pool - Lovely outdoor poolSights nearby - Abbey of SénanqueSecluded setting - For escaping.
Le Phébus & Spa 24 rooms from $263Gordes (Joucas-Gordes)
Rebuilt on a site belonging to medieval knights, this historic hotel offers 5 star luxury & privacy while oozing simple rustic charm. All the rooms are elegant and comfortable. Some even look out on their own private pools. Make the most of the plethora of treatments available in the spa.Spa - As well as body and face treatments, discover the fitness room & trail, aqua play area, jacuzzis, hammam & herbal teas.Swimming Pool - 18m heated pool. Some rooms come with private pool.Fishing - Canoe and trout fishing (Fontaine de Vaucluse).Remote - Off the beaten track.Recommended by - Relais & Chateaux