Search the best hotels in Gordes
Built on a hilltop in the lovely Luberon Valley, terracotta-roofed Gordes has rural French charm in spades. First settled by the Romans, this famous Provençal town boasts elegant heritage architecture, glorious views of the surrounding landscape and terrific food. The wonderful range of accommodation options includes everything from intimate B&Bs to opulent luxury hotels. Most of the best places to stay in Gordes are actually set outside the town itself, promising tranquility and easy access to the many hiking routes which criss-cross the area.
Stroll the winding streets of Gordes, admiring ancient architecture, lively farmers' markets and beautiful vistas before picking a perch for a delicious lunch or a glass of wine in the evening — there’s no better spot for a Provençal sunset. Gordes Castle, in the centre of town, is a particular highlight for culture aficionados.
Venture a few miles beyond Gordes to visit the medieval Abbaye Notre-Dame de Sénanque, a well-known landmark ringed by a sea of lavender fields. See Bronze Age stone huts once inhabited by shepherds at the Village des Bories, or amble around the hamlets of Gros and Imbert for pretty chapels and narrow lanes. The Musée de la Lavande and the olive oil distillery at Moulin des Bouillons are perfect for curious travellers, too. Active travellers will also find excellent walking, hiking and horse riding trails zigzagging across the Luberon Valley.
Plan your trip well in advance if you choose to travel during the town’s music or wine festivals — the best places to stay in Gordes fill up fast! July and August can be especially busy, and a secluded hotel to retreat to after days of discovery will feel even more fantastic.
The Best Places to Stay in Gordes
For a Central Stay
- La Bastide de Gordes is an elegant hotel in central Gordes. Expect gorgeous village and valley views from sumptuous rooms with private terraces, as well as chic eateries and a splendid spa. Children are welcome and well-catered for, but this is also a very romantic property. Old-world opulence, perfectly-located for exploring Gordes.
- Les Mas des Romarins is a lovely spot just a few minutes' walk from the centre of Gordes. Unwind by the outdoor pool, enjoy delicious dishes crafted from locally-sourced produce in the acclaimed restaurant, and kick back in one of 13 swish, comfortable rooms. For couples or families.
- Domaine de l'Enclos is a restored five-bedroom farmhouse, with space for a total of 15 guests. Book the whole place for a group trip, or come as a couple or family in search of serenity. The garden terrace is perfect for sundowners. Just 10 minutes' walk from the centre of Gordes.
For an Intimate Hideaway
- Les Terrasses is an intimate B&B with three spacious guestrooms in a charming house overlooking the Luberon Valley. Pick this place for calm and tranquility, and spend your days feasting on big breakfasts, floating around the swimming pool, or cycling, hiking, golfing and exploring pretty villages. An adults-only hideaway.
- La Ferme de la Huppe is a carefully renovated farmhouse complete with a big outdoor pool, family suites and a great bistro. A fun, relaxed choice for a holiday with little ones. Picturesque and close to Gordes.
- La Bastide de Voulonne is a blue-shuttered sandstone farmhouse, offering 13 rooms and suites — some with space for little ones — and excellent Provençal fare. Special children's suppers, leafy gardens and a large swimming pool make it ideal for families. A rural escape.
For Luxury & a Spa
- Les Bories & Spa is a fantastic luxury hotel tucked amidst eight hectares of olives, cypresses and lavender. Think soothing white-on-white suites, Michelin-starred fare and an extensive spa. Luxuriate by the pool after big days out, play tennis or hit the gym. A refined choice for an indulgent retreat.
- Le Phébus & Spa promises an enchanting stay for foodies and spa-goers. The 30 rooms and suites — some with private pools — feature classic interiors and the spa offers an impressive range of treatments. But the biggest draw is chef-owner Xavier Mathieu's creative cuisine, well-deserving of its Michelin star. Families are welcome.
- Le Mas des Herbes Blanches is an exquisite luxury property with 48 rooms and suites offering flexible options for couples, families and groups. With a top-notch gastronomic restaurant, spa, outdoor pool and pet-friendly facilities, this is a brilliant pick for a very special Luberon holiday.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY VILLA
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Avignon-Provence Airport,15 miles from town, or to Marseille-Provence Airport, 33 miles away. The latter offers more regular international connections.
- The Luberon Valley is brilliant for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- The heat hits its peak between June and early September, averaging at around 30°C. This is a beautiful time to see the lavender fields in bloom, but it can be very busy. Come during the spring for cooler weather and a quieter atmosphere.
Still not sure?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Avignon.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Provence.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Gordes
Best Hotels in Gordes
Les Terrasses, Provence Gordes 3 rooms from £87Country Escape - A charming retreat from city life, with rustic chic rooms, expansive gardens and plenty of countryside to explore.Great walks - The Ochre Trail is a stunning walking trail six miles away.Sights nearby - Visit the gorgeous hillside village of Gordes.Restrictions on children - Adult only
Domaine de L'Enclos Gordes (Route de Senanque) 5 rooms from £104Total relaxation - The ideal place to unwind and get away from it all, long walks, lazy days by the pool, sauna sessions and massages.Families - There is a games room for the little ones, and babysitting services are provided on prior request.Back to Nature - Surrounded by a beautiful park, this property offers lovely views of the Luberon.Sights nearby - Culture vultures and history buffs must check out the church and castle at Gordes.
A chic farmhouse conversion, in a superb location with great views of the Luberon countryside. Rooms are traditionally decorated, in Provencal style with mute tones and quaint artworks. Wander the gardens, relax by the pool or bask in the sauna. The restaurant serves a fantastic regional breakfast. See More
La Bastide de Voulonne Gordes 13 rooms from £108FamiliesSights nearby - Great base for exploring the mediaeval villages of Provence. Plus Avignon and L'Isle sur la Sorgue nearbyRestaurant - Delicious provencal dinners served every nightViews - Wonderful views over the LuberonRecommended by - Sawdays
Le Mas des Romarins Gordes 13 rooms from £117Foodies - The restaurant is committed to using only the freshest locally sourced ingrediants, thus the yummy food changes each day.Local exploring - Well situated for exploring the stunning Luberon area, start with a stroll up to the lovely hilltop village of Gordes.Sights nearby - Just a few km away is the still working monastery the Cistercian Abbey of Notre Dame de Senanque.Great walks - Only a ten minute walk brings you to the historic village of Gordes, well worth checking out.Recommended by - Sawdays, Fodors
Authentic stone-walled 19th century house, with wonderful views, secret gardens, swimming pool and breakfast terrace. The chic Provencal-style rooms are full of character and the highly acclaimed restaurant crafts wonderful food from local produce. An ideal spot for exploring. See More
La Ferme de la Huppe Gordes 10 rooms from £143Local markets - Village des Bories- AvignonSwimming Pool - Lovely outdoor poolSights nearby - Abbey of SénanqueViews - Great views from hotel
Recently renovated, this converted farm has beautiful views over the Luberon and the old village of Gordes. A calm and peaceful retreat with tranquil garden and pool. Rooms are decorated in the traditional Provencal style. The perfect hideaway for local village exploring. See More
La Bastide de Gordes Gordes 40 rooms from £169Foodies - Foodies will not be disappointed with the wide range of eateries on offer here from fine dining to Asian fusionRomantic Break - Situated in one of France's most picturesque villages, it's perfect for a romantic weekend away.Restaurant - There are five restaurants to choose from including fine dining, Asian and ItalianSights nearby - Stunning medieval village of Gordes is 5 minutes walk away.
Perched atop the stunning hillside village of Gordes, comes a spectacular hotel to match its surroundings. Louis XV style rooms exude opulence and luxury, whilst the Sisley Paris spa is divine. Dine in a Michelin starred restaurant with magnificent views over the Luberon valley. A hilltop wonder. See More
Le Mas des Herbes Blanches Gordes (Joucas) 48 rooms from £215Sights nearby - Learn all about traditional Provençal life at the Vilage des Bories, an open-air museum of dry stone hutsGreat walks - Le Mas des Herbes Blanches is the ideal base from which to explore the beauty of the LuberonRestaurant - La Table du Mas serves gourmet Provencal cuisineSecluded setting - For escaping.Recommended by - Relais & Chateaux, Tablet
Le Mas des Herbes Blanches enjoys a wonderfully idyllic setting amidst the Lubéron Natural Park. The chic rooms feature light palettes and boutique furnishings, whilst there's also a heated outdoor pool. Gorgeous cuisine served up. A truly marvellous stay that's bound to please! See More
Le Phébus & Spa Gordes (Joucas-Gordes) 24 rooms from £213Spa - As well as body and face treatments, discover the fitness room & trail, aqua play area, hot tubs, hammam & herbal teas.Restaurant - Xavier Mathieu's Michelin starred restaurant. Creative touches to traditional Provencal dishesSwimming Pool - 18m heated pool. Some rooms come with private pool.Fishing - Canoe and trout fishing (Fontaine de Vaucluse).Recommended by - Relais & Chateaux
Rebuilt on a site belonging to medieval knights, this historic hotel offers 5 star luxury & privacy while oozing simple rustic charm. All the rooms are elegant and comfortable. Some even look out on their own private pools. Make the most of the plethora of treatments available in the spa. See More
Les Bories Gordes 33 rooms from £278Total relaxation - Luxuriate in the extensive spa, feast on fantastic food on leafy terraces and unwind in the elegant suites.Sights nearby - Explore the gorgeous hilltop village of Gordes.Great walks - Stunning walking on the nearby Ochre Trail.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels