Search the best hotels in Gordes
Built into a hillside in the Luberon Valley, Gordes epitomises rural French charm. Beauty and heritage overlap easily in this stunning town which was first settled by the Romans. Elegant architecture and glorious views are in steady supply here and keen hikers will find plenty of walking trails in the surrounding valleys. Our selection of best places to stay in Gordes range from charming B&Bs to grandiose country chateaux.
WHAT NOT TO MISS
- In the centre of the town, Gordes Castle is definitely worth a visit.
- Founded in the 12th century, Senaque Abbey and its surrounding lavendar fields are a sight to behold.
- The town is surrounded by a number of ancient hamlets that are all steeped in charm and history. Browse through beautiful little streets and historic chapels in hamlets such as Gros and Imbert.
- Gordes is home to a number of annual festivals including the Gordes Wine Festival and the Gordes Music Festival.
- The Luberon valley is home to a whole host of walking and hiking trails.
Gordiens are amongst the most hospitable people you will find in France and our selection of the best places to stay in Gordes reflects the town's welcoming renown.
The Best Places to Stay in Gordes
The Best Places to Stay in Gordes for Provençal Style
- La Bastide de Voulonne with its blue shutters and sandstone exterior embodies a classical Provençal country house. Boasting simple, elegant rooms, sumptuous food and a heavenly outdoor pool, it's ideal for a relaxing break.
- La Germe de a Huppe like other hotels in the region is a wonderfully renovated farmhouse. Relax by the pool and enjoy beautiful views over Gordes and the surrounding Luberon valley. A hillside stunner.
The Best Places to Stay in Gordes for Luxury
Hidden amidst groves of olives, cypresses, oaks and lavender, Les Bories is a fantastic luxury hotel. With an unsurpassable location overlooking the Luberon Valley, the hotel oozes class with delightful rooms, an extensive spa and sublime food. A real standout option.
The Best Places to Stay in Gordes or a relaxing stay
- Built on a site that belonged to medieval knights, Le Phebus & Spa offers five star indulgence. Encased in rustic charm, the hotel features lovely rooms and a divine spa that offers a whole range of relaxing therapies.
The Best Places to Stay in Gordes for Foodies
- Les Mas des Romarins is a place that is committed to quality. Whether with its excellent Provencal-style rooms or it's wonderful locally sourced restaurant, it makes good on its promise to deliver a top quality service.
The Best Places to Stay in Gordes for a homely stay
- Just south of Gordes, this converted farmhouse has a really convivial feel and atmosphere. Mas del la Regalade is quirky and comfy in equal measure with personalised rooms and tranquil gardens.
Prefer an apartment or villa?
- For those looking for additional privacy, we recommend you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- For international flyers, Avignon (15 miles) and Marseille (33 miles) are the best options.
- Gordes and the Luberon Valley is great for exploring with a car so we recommend you visit our online car hire partner Rentalcars.
- Visit Gordes in the summer months for lovely temperatures and flowing fields of lavender.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Gordes
Les Terrasses, Provence Gordes 3 rooms from £87Country Escape - A charming retreat from city life, with rustic chic rooms, expansive gardens and plenty of countryside to explore.Great walks - The Ochre Trail is a stunning walking trail six miles away.Sights nearby - Visit the gorgeous hillside village of Gordes.Restrictions on children - Adult only
Le Mas des Romarins Gordes 13 rooms from £91Foodies - The restaurant is committed to using only the freshest locally sourced ingrediants, thus the yummy food changes each day.Local exploring - Well situated for exploring the stunning Luberon area, start with a stroll up to the lovely hilltop village of Gordes.Sights nearby - Just a few km away is the still working monastery the Cistercian Abbey of Notre Dame de Senanque.Great walks - Only a ten minute walk brings you to the historic village of Gordes, well worth checking out.Recommended by - Sawdays, Fodors
Authentic stone-walled 19th century house, with wonderful views, secret gardens, swimming pool and breakfast terrace. The chic Provencal-style rooms are full of character and the highly acclaimed restaurant crafts wonderful food from local produce. An ideal spot for exploring. See More
Domaine de L'Enclos Gordes (Route de Senanque) 5 rooms from £104Total relaxation - The ideal place to unwind and get away from it all, long walks, lazy days by the pool, sauna sessions and massages.Families - There is a games room for the little ones, and babysitting services are provided on prior request.Back to Nature - Surrounded by a beautiful park, this property offers lovely views of the Luberon.Sights nearby - Culture vultures and history buffs must check out the church and castle at Gordes.
A chic farmhouse conversion, in a superb location with great views of the Luberon countryside. Rooms are traditionally decorated, in Provencal style with mute tones and quaint artworks. Wander the gardens, relax by the pool or bask in the sauna. The restaurant serves a fantastic regional breakfast. See More
Mas de la Regalade Gordes 4 rooms from £104Country Escape - Situated in a sleepy picturesque Provence village. Unwind in the garden or explore the region.Great walks - Miles of scenic marked footpaths to be explored.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool.Traditional
A quaint converted farmhouse with four individually styled rooms. Find character throughout with quirky furnishings against a traditional backdrop. Enjoy utter tranquility in the picturesque gardens. An array of activities are on offer in the surrounding area. A gorgeous spot for a rural escape. See More
La Bastide de Voulonne Gordes 13 rooms from £108FamiliesSights nearby - Great base for exploring the mediaeval villages of Provence. Plus Avignon and L'Isle sur la Sorgue nearbyViews - Wonderful views over the LuberonSwimming Pool - Heated outdoor poolRecommended by - Sawdays
La Ferme de la Huppe Gordes 10 rooms from £126Local markets - Village des Bories- AvignonSwimming Pool - Lovely outdoor poolSights nearby - Abbey of SénanqueSecluded setting - For escaping.
Recently renovated, this converted farm has beautiful views over the Luberon and the old village of Gordes. A calm and peaceful retreat with tranquil garden and pool. Rooms are decorated in the traditional Provencal style. The perfect hideaway for local village exploring. See More
La Bastide de Gordes Gordes 40 rooms from £169Romantic Break - Situated in one of France's most picturesque villages, it's perfect for a romantic weekend away.Back to Nature - Immerse yourself in the stunning beauty of the Luberon valley.Foodies - An inhouse Michelin starred restaurant.Sights nearby - Stunning medieval village of Gordes is 5 minutes walk away.
Perched atop the stunning hillside village of Gordes, comes a spectacular hotel to match its surroundings. Louis XV style rooms exude opulence and luxury, whilst the Sisley Paris spa is divine. Dine in a Michelin starred restaurant with magnificent views over the Luberon valley. A hilltop wonder. See More
Le Mas des Herbes Blanches Gordes (Joucas) 48 rooms from £215Sights nearby - Learn all about traditional Provençal life at the Vilage des Bories, an open-air museum of dry stone hutsGreat walks - Le Mas des Herbes Blanches is the ideal base from which to explore the beauty of the LuberonRomantic - Good for couples.Remote - Off the beaten track.Recommended by - Relais & Chateaux, Tablet
Le Mas des Herbes Blanches enjoys a wonderfully idyllic setting amidst the Lubéron Natural Park. The chic rooms feature light palettes and boutique furnishings, whilst there's also a heated outdoor pool. Gorgeous cuisine served up. A truly marvellous stay that's bound to please! See More
Le Phébus & Spa Gordes (Joucas-Gordes) 24 rooms from £200Spa - As well as body and face treatments, discover the fitness room & trail, aqua play area, jacuzzis, hammam & herbal teas.Swimming Pool - 18m heated pool. Some rooms come with private pool.Fishing - Canoe and trout fishing (Fontaine de Vaucluse).Remote - Off the beaten track.Recommended by - Relais & Chateaux
Rebuilt on a site belonging to medieval knights, this historic hotel offers 5 star luxury & privacy while oozing simple rustic charm. All the rooms are elegant and comfortable. Some even look out on their own private pools. Make the most of the plethora of treatments available in the spa. See More
Les Bories Gordes 33 rooms from £278Total relaxation - Luxuriate in the extensive spa, feast on fantastic food on leafy terraces and unwind in the elegant suites.Sights nearby - Explore the gorgeous hilltop village of Gordes.Great walks - Stunning walking on the nearby Ochre Trail.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels