Search the best hotels in Hossegor
Hossegor is a town in Aquitaine, south-west France, some 12 miles north of Biarritz. It is a world-renowned mecca for surfing types, but it's not just a one trick pony....there are plenty of other reasons to visit. The best places to stay in Hossegor are perfect bases whether you're here for the surf or simply a family break.
Most famous for surfing, Hossegor boasts world-class beach breaks at Graviere and La Nord and also nearby Capbreton and Seignoisse. The town hosts the Quicksilver Pro France competition every September. Along with the surfing community comes a lively summer nightlife.
But it's not all about surfing. The town itself is attractive with its Basque style villas. There is a casino, also a listed building, plus the usual tourist shops and restaurants. Don't miss the regular markets in Hossegor - three times a week.
The beaches themselves are wide and sandy and stretch all the way to the Spanish border. And as well as the Atlantic beaches, Hossegor is situated on the inland Lake Hossegor and this is where you'll find the less extreme water sports - it's ideal for paddle boarding and kayaking. Plus it's home to a wide range of local flora, fauna and marine life.
For nature lovers and cyclists, you can explore the Landes forest. Golf, tennis and horseriding are all available too.
What not to miss
- If you're into your surfing then head to the waves at Les Bourdaines or Les Estagnots.
- Alternatively, go for a cycle around the area at sunset and bask in the beautiful ocean views.
- Or if you fancy a more relaxing break, soak up the rays at Plage De La Sud.
Don't forget that during the peak summer months, this is a very busy resort. So if you want to guarantee a bed in one of the best places to stay in Hossegor, get organised and book well ahead.
The best places to stay in Hossegor
- Les Hortensias du Lac is a resort hotel on Lake Hossegor. It has a tropical garden full of colour and lakeside views. The rooms are elegant and spacious. There are an abundance of activities available for all the family.
For Boutique Style
- The chic four bedroomed Lake Loft is the ultimate in contemporary design. Its rooms with their minimalist interiors have huge windows onto private balconies and the great outdoors. This is a great spot for walkers or those just wishing to chill out.
- Villa Seren is a luxurious stay overlooking a charming lake. Their smart, boutique rooms feature plenty of sharp lines and classy furnishings, whilst there's also a spa and a heated outdoor pool.
- Relais De La Poste is a tremendously smart option, set within 7 hectares of parkland. Tasteful accommodation, scrumptious cuisine and plenty of wonderful facilities.
For an intimate spot
- Wood'n Sea Surf Lodge is a cost spot with rustic chic accommodation featuring plenty of natural materials and soft hues. Ideal for surfers and yoga enthusiasts.
- Jacks Lodge boasts four charming rooms in a secluded spot amidst verdant woodland. Plus, there's even a pool, zen garden and petanque lawn - ideal for a relaxing retreat.
- Les Echasses Eco-Lodge boasts four-star "modges" set around a lake. These smart spots feature crisp wooden interiors with wooden stoves, iPads, a speaker system, whilst there's also an on-site spa! Perfect for those looking to get away from it all.
For an apartment, holiday home or villa
If you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- Hossegor is nicest in the summer months, with the average temperature resting between 17-25°C at this time.
- However, this is peak season, so expect to pay more for accommodation.
- If you're looking for a quieter and cheaper time to visit then consider the shoulder seasons (spring and autumn).
- Visitors can fly into Biarritz Airport, 15 miles from Hossegor, before taking a taxi to Hossegor.
- Alternatively, hire a car with Rentalcars and drive yourself over.
Still not sure?
- Browse all the best places to stay in Hossegor.
- Widen the net to include all our recommendations in Biarritz and St Jean de Luz.
- Or contact a friendly guru for advice.
Monthly Weather in Hossegor
Best Hotels in Hossegor
Wood'n Sea Surf Lodge Hossegor (40130 CAPBRETON) 5 rooms from £26Total relaxation - True to the chilled nature of surfer culture, there is a hot tub and swimming pool to soak in after a long day of surfing.Beach Life - Only 400m from the sea, this is a surfer's hostel: lessons with surfing schools can be booked via reception.Surfing - The hotel recommends three local surf schools.Full of character
Cosy accommodation by the coast, just minutes from Capbreton, catering to surfers and yoga enthusiasts. The feel is rustic chic with natural materials and soft hues used throughout. Featuring a modern shared kitchen and a glorious pool. Ideal for those looking for an active break. See More
Les Hortensias du Lac Hossegor 24 rooms from £91Families - With an abundance of activities on offer this property is ideal for families.Views - Wonderful views over Lake HossegorLocal markets - Explore the local marketSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
A resort hotel overlooking Lake Hossegor and just 500m from beautiful sandy beaches. Relax in the tropical garden, full of colourful flowers, with views of the lake. Rooms are elegant and spacious. Lots of activities on offer around the lake. Excellent choice for an active family holiday. See More
Villa Seren Hossegor (40150 HOSSEGOR) 4 rooms from £112Spa breaks - With facilities including a sauna, hammam, heated pool and massage treatment rooms, it would be difficult not to relax.Beach Life - Lying adjacent to the Canal d'Hossegor, the hotel is a stone's throw away from the Atlantic ocean and all its beaches.Swimming Pool - Heated outdoor poolDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.
Lake Loft Hossegor 4 rooms from £174Active Holiday - Easy access to both the sea and Europe's largest pine forest providing an ideal base for all manner of outdoor pursuits.Surfing - Côte d'Argent's 200km of sandy beaches with Atlantic break make for excellent surfing conditions.Great walks - Miles of tracks through the surrounding forests for keen walkers.Minimum Stay - 7 night minimum stayRecommended by - I Escape
Seven night minimum stay and whole villa bookings only. A modern boutique villa with magazine worthy interior design. Chic contemporary rooms with floor to ceiling glass windows, private balconies and minimalist style. Plus lovely outdoor heated pool and surrounding decking. See More
Les Echasses Eco-Lodge Hossegor (40230 Saubion) 7 rooms from £239Eco break - Sourcing only organic, homegrown or local foodstuffs for their restaurant. They have bee-hives, veg patches and orchards.Spa breaks - The wellness facilities include a Norwegian bath, Swedish sauna and massage facilities.Sights nearby - The Basque country is only a 30 minute drive away.Swimming Pool - Seasonal outdoor pool
4-star accommodation offering "modges" scattered around a picturesque lake. Each unit come with wooden stoves, iPads, a music system and complete privacy. On-site vegetable garden, orchard, bee-hives, wine cellar and exceptional spa. A tranquil spot ideal for those looking to simply unwind. See More