Search the best hotels in La Clusaz
About La Clusaz
La Clusaz, is a picturesque alpine village, and with its neighbour, Grand Bornand, is the centre of the Aravis ski area, so it’s surrounded by around 120kms worth of downhill ski slopes. Many of the best places to stay in La Clusaz can be found just above town, which is where you’ll also find some of the area’s best views. But you’re spoiled for choice when it comes to views here, one of our Guru’s recommendations for the best places to stay in La Clusaz also has views of Mont Blanc, just ‘up the road’.
La Clusaz is a great spot for intermediate skiers, with plenty of choice when it comes to blue and red runs, while more advanced skiers might need to head off piste on the north facing slopes. La Clusaz is also a good choice for a spot of cross country skiing. And the mountains here have some of the most interesting rock formations in the French Alps, so there’s plenty of variety when it comes to terrain.
The main concern is snow coverage, because this is quite a low resort, but it’s certainly very charming, with an unspoiled, and very French atmosphere. La Clusaz is also a great choice for a quick weekend getaway - it's only an hour from Geneva Airport.
But don't forget that during the peak months it gets very busy. So if you want to guarantee a room in one of the best places to stay in La Clusaz over the New Year or February Half Term, get organised and book well ahead.
For alpine views
- If you’re looking for spectacular views of Mont Blanc, Au Coeur du Village is a great five star choice. A stunning, 57 room chalet with elegant, wooden clad rooms and sumptuous decor, Au Coeur du Village also has a full service spa, a cigar rooms and a restaurant with an excellent fusion menu.
- The Chalet-Hotel de la Croix-Fry is a traditional, nine room alpine retreat with meticulous alpine decor - meaning plenty of wood and fur - and beautiful mountain views from the terraces and private balconies. You’re just 2kms outside La Clusaz.
- Les Chalets de la Serraz is an enchanting collection of rooms and chalets. The rooms are cosy with all the best chalet features - wooden walls, leather and fur and cosy fabrics. Plus there's a fantastic sun terrace, games room and seasonal heated outoor pool. Perfect for a family stay.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay in La Clusaz for you?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in La Clusaz,
- expand your search to include all the best places to stay in the Haute-Savoie region,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in La Clusaz
Best Hotels in La Clusaz
The Chalets-Hotel de la Croix-Fry La Clusaz 9 rooms from £130Skiing - 2km outside La ClusazGreat walks - Fabulous walks and hikes in the surrounding mountains during the summer seasonViews - Panoramic views over the surrounding mountainsSwimming Pool - Seasonal heated outdoor pool
Authentic and truly traditional alpine retreat in south-east France, which means lots of wood absolutely everywhere. This, combined with the meticulous decor, makes for a wonderfully cozy refuge from the snowy mountains. All rooms have their own balcony or terrace with breathtaking Alpine panoramas. See More
Les Chalets de la Serraz La Clusaz 6 rooms from £143Skiing - Massif of Etale ski-lifts are 400m away and there is direct access to the pisteFamilies - Larger rooms and chalets are ideal family sizeGreat walks - Aravis mountains; hotel can advise on routesSwimming Pool - Outdoor heated pool - summer onlyRecommended by - Michelin Travel, Sawdays
Hotel Carlina La Clusaz 74220 La Clusaz 39 rooms from £185Active Holiday - As well as being just 400m from the ski lifts, there are numerous hiking trails and mountain bike routes in the La Clusaz areaGreat walks - Guests can embark on guided or self-guided hikes in the beautiful surroundings, ideal in both summer and winterLocal markets - Wander around the lovely little village marketSwimming Pool - Indoor pool
A charming chalet-style hotel, very close to the ski slopes, tucked away in a quiet corner of the town. Cosy wood-clad rooms are smart yet unfussy, some with balconies offering stunning views. The restaurant has a varied and original menu, and guests can wind down at the spa after a long day skiing. See More
La Ferme des Vonezins La Clusaz 2 rooms from £187Foodies - Foodies will enjoy the excellent, atmospheric restaurant specialising in dishes from the Savoy region.Active Holiday - Great for a skiing or hiking holidays, with the mountains on your doorstep.Great walks - Make the most of the great hiking routes around the nearby Talloires.Sights nearby - Take a day trip to the stunning city of Annecy.Recommended by - Great Small Hotels
Au Coeur du Village La Clusaz 57 rooms from £230Spa breaks - Cristal spa offers extensive treatments, with semi-precious stone sauna, indoor pool. Relaxation area overlooking the mountainsRomantic Break - Sumptuous rooms, balconies overlooking mountains, secluded cigar room, gourmet food and slopes just minutes awaySkiing - Direct access to ski lifts from hotelSailing - Annecy LakeRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux