- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Le Mans
About Le Mans
Le Mans, known the world over for being the venue for the 24 Hours of Le Mans, is a beautiful city on the Sarthe River. When it's not buzzing with motorsports enthusiasts in June, Le Mans is a charming provincial city and capital of the Sarthe department. First founded by Romans, it features a number of antiquated ruins as well as a beautiful preserved old town. The best places to stay in Le Mans tend to be found in the city's historic old town.
Things not to miss:
- Le Mans is a mecca for petrol heads and the 24 Hours of Le Mans is undoubtedly the biggest event of the year in the city.
- The city's old town is a great place to walk around with the stand out feature being the Cathédrale St-Julien, dedicated to St Julian of Le Mans, who is honoured as the city's first bishop.
- Remnants of the city's Roman past can be seen with wall ruins and old baths.
- There are two museums worth having a look at in Le Mans, Musée de la Reine Bérengère and Musée de Tessé.
Don't forget that if you're coming for the 24 Hour race, you'll need to be very organised - the best places to stay in Le Mans get booked up months (sometimes years) in advance.
The best places to stay in Le Mans
For central location
- Set in a beautiful half timbered 16th century house, Logis Saint-Flaceau is a charming three-bedroomed B&B in the centre of Le Mans. Offering smart self-catering apartments, it's a great option for people looking for some additional privacy.
For a self catering apartment
- Explore the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- The nearest airport to Le Mans is Tours (63 miles).
- For car hire, visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to visit Le Mans is from June to September, when the temperature sits in the low twenties.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Le Mans
Logis Saint-Flaceau 3 rooms from £101Le Mans
This charming 16th century half-timbered house is situated in central Le Mans. It offers two cosy apartments and one loft, all of which are and smartly decorated and spacious, plus there's a fully equipped kitchen and a living room stocked with books. A wonderfully independent stay!Romantic Break - Stay in charming accommodation and spend your days wandering around the city togetherLocal exploring - Logis Saint-Flaceau is perfectly situated for getting to know historic Le MansGreat walks - There are plenty of hiking trails just outside Le Mans for you to exploreSights nearby - Go visit the Le Mans Cathedral or the Botanical Gardens