Search the best hotels in Les Eyzies
About Les Eyzies
Les Eyzies, or Les Eyzies-de-Tayac-Sireuil to give it its full name, is at the heart of the Vézère Valley, perfectly located for seeing the beautiful Dordogne. The town itself is simply styled consiting of stone and collombage (half-timber) houses and most of the action focuses around the main street. The backdrop, however, is impressive with large cliff faces looming over the town. Within these rocks can be found the caves and prehistoric artwork that make the region famous. Our pick of the best places to stay in Les Eyzies tend to be situated slightly out of town as they really soak up the beauty of the area.
What not to miss
- Science buffs should be sure to visit the fascinating Prehistory Museum.
- You’re also close to the caves of Font de Gaume, which has the only original multicoloured prehistoric cave paintings still open to the public - though it's limited to only 80 visitors per day.
- Or you can head to the Rouffignac Cave, a three-level cave complex with around 1kms worth of maze-like tunnels which you can visit on the electric train.
- Alternatively, there's the Combarelles Cave which is known for its wonderful animal engravings.
As with all popular destinations in the Dordogne, the best places to stay in Les Eyzies will be extremely busy during the peak summer months. So unless you're planning an off-season trip, get organised and book early.
The best places to stay in Les Eyzies
For the centre of town
- Once a coaching house, Les Glycines is now a 16 room hotel with chic, modern decor and a fabulous terrace restaurant. Relaxing, but also gourmet, this is a great base for exploring the Dordogne.
- Le Centenaire is a smart spot with a range of accommodation - the suites, which sleep up to 5, are ideal for families. Enjoy lovely evening meals outside on the terrace. A lovely all-round spot.
For the surrounding area
- La Ferme Lamy is a 12 room stone and terracotta farmhouse conversion with simple, whitewashed walls and stone floors, and a wonderful terraced garden. As well as the pool terrace there’s also a breakfast terrace. Great for both families and couples.
- 4-room La Charmeraie is a wonderfully relaxing retreat set in a quintessentially French country house. The rooms are traditional yet cosy, with exposed brickwork and wooden beams, whilst there are extensive gardens and an outdoor pool. Splendid.
- Located in nearby Marqay, Maison de Marquay is a lovely guesthouse with stylish rooms in earthy tones. Lounge by the pool all day soaking up the sun and enjoy evening meals in the gastronomic restaurant.
For an apartment or villa
If you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- Les Eyzies is located inbetween Bordeaux-Mérignac Airport, Limoges Airport and Toulouse-Blagnac Airport.
- Weather-wise, Les Eyzies is nicest in the summer months - the temperature rises to a balmy 29°C in July.
- However, this is peak tourist season so for a quieter and cheaper alternative consider coming in May or September.
- If you want to see more of the area then consider hiring a car with Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search and look at all our Dordogne recommendations.
- Browse through our list of the best places to stay in the Loire Valley.
- Or feel free to contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Les Eyzies
Best Hotels in Les Eyzies
Les Glycines Les Eyzies-de-Tayac-Sireuil, Dordogne 16 rooms from £87Sights nearby - Excellent base for exploring the Dordogne ValleySwimming Pool - Outdoor PoolRestaurant - Recommended.Cooking classes - Check for timings.
La Ferme Lamy Meyrals, Dordogne 12 rooms from £88Restaurant - Delicious daily changing menu featuring locally sourced produce.Swimming Pool - Outdoor PoolLocal markets - Good for local colour.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.
Le Centenaire Les Eyzies (Dordogne) 20 rooms from £104Restaurant - Traditional gastronomic cuisine featuring locally sourced seasonal produceKayaking - Kayaking and canoeing on the Vezere or Dordogne riversSights nearby - National Prehistoric Museum. Sarlat is not farGreat walks - Hiking and walking routes nearby
A simple yet stylish hotel with the relaxed feel of a home from home. Rooms are spacious and comfortable, some with balconies, and suites can sleep up to five. Gastronomic restaurant with lovely outside dining. A good base for exploring and ideal for families, with plenty to do close by. See More