- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Niort
Niort is situated on the Sevre river in western France's Nouvelle-Aquitaine region. It is a good transport hub being just over two hours to Paris on the TGV and a major road junction (it's where the A10 motorway splits to either go further south or head to the west). Our pick of the best places to stay in Niort provide a charming base for exploring this interesting part of France, whether you're just passing through or planning a longer stay.
A large town, there is much to see and do in Niort:
- The Chateau or Donjon de Niort is a medieval castle with spectacular views over the Sevre-Niortaise valley - it was originally built by Henry Plantaganet and latterly was used as a prison.
- The fourteenth century Pilori was the town hall and is now an exhibition centre.
- There are various churches; the fourteenth century church of Notre -Dame with its tall spire and the eleventh century Roman style Saint-Florent among others.
- The town has many attractive half timbered houses from the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries.
- The Market Hall (1869) is an impressive structure of glass and steel design, very much still in use.
- Niort is also a great base for exploring the surrounding canals and marshes of the Marais Poitevin.
The best places to stay in Niort will usually be centrally located and our choices are both excellent value for money too.
For a smart mansion conversion
- La Chamoiserie, a smart refurbished mansion, is right in the centre of town a few streets from the Notre-Dame church. The interiors are refined and elegant, yet also welcoming. Don't miss al fresco breakfast on the terrace. The town is on your doorstep!
For a charming B&B
- Also in a good central location you'll find the Maison La Porte Rouge. It's a charming B&B with five stylish bedrooms plus the added bonus of an outdoor pool for the warmer months. It's great value too with doubles from just €70 per night including breakfast.
Best Hotels in Niort
Maison la Porte Rouge 5 rooms from $102Niort
An excellent B&B in the picturesque riverside city of Niort. The stylish rooms are comfortable and spacious with modern interiors and cool pastel colour schemes. Browse the city's cultural sights or simply relax beside the outdoor pool. A great value option for Niort.Groups - The two upstairs studios are perfect for groups looking for a little more privacy and independence while staying in the B&B.Local exploring - Situated right in the heart of Niort, ideal for exploring the historic city on foot.Sights nearby - History buffs should check out The Donjon de Niort, a beautiful and fascinating medieval castle.Great walks - Take a day trip and go walking in the beautiful Poitevin marshes.
La Chamoiserie 16 rooms from $112Niort
A contemporary, re-furbished mansion that combines the refinement and elegance of a hotel with the warmth and cosy ambiance of a guesthouse. Guests can enjoy traditional breakfasts on the outdoor terrace and read a book in the garden shade. Traditional french townhouse.Sights nearby - Ideally situated in the centre of Niort. Visit Le Donjon de Niort