Search the best hotels in Vannes
If you’re just here for a few days the best places to stay in Vannes are right in the old part of town. But if you’re staying for a bit longer and want to use it as a base for exploring the Golfe du Morbihan and the Brittany coast then it’s worth expanding your search into the surrounding countryside.
Vannes is a true Brittany beauty with a wonderful old medieval centre and port - lovely cobbled alleyways run between them and old fortifications surround them. As well as beauty, this little city has a lot of life to it, with a good collection of bars and restaurants as well as a busy marina.
Vannes is a lovely centre for just strolling around. There are boutiques, pottery shops, little galleries and cafes, creperies, bars and restaurants. Being by the sea the seafood is excellent, but it doesn’t stop there, Vannes offers a fine representation of Brittany’s best cuisine. Vannes also has a lovely little museum opposite the cathedral.
What Not To Miss
- Wander through the charming Centre Historique de Vannes, with its half-timbered houses, fortress, market place and more. A great spot to soak in the city's atmosphere. Place Henri IV is a similarly architecturally pleasing spot.
- Or stop off for a picnic in the picturesque Jardin des Remparts, a garden located next to the city's historic walls.
- The Cathedrale Saint Pierre took 600 years to complete and it's easy to see why! Boasting splendid architecture and glorious interiors, it's a must see.
- Stop off at Conleau Beach and spend a few hours soaking up the sun by the seaside.
As with many coastal spots in France, the best places to stay in Vannes are busy during the peak summer months. So get organised and plan well ahead, or else come in the quieter months when you'll have the pretty town to yourself!
For a spa hotel
- The Villa Kerasy is a gorgeous spa hotel with an East Indian theme, an Ayurvedic spa and cookery lessons. Plus, you’re right in the heart of Vannes.
For a family B&B
- Le Parc er Greo is a comfortable, family-run B&B on the coast, just outside Vannes, with 13 reasonably priced rooms, a pool and spa and excellent access to all the charms of the Brittany coastline.
For Great Value
- Located between Vannes and Auray, L'Auberge, Brittany offers tasteful rooms with private balconies overlooking the gardens. Rooms start from just £53 and, what's more, there's a lovely restaurant serving up regional cuisine.
For A Chic Country Stay
- Le Val De Bragnon offers smart boutique accommodation in a lovely setting. Lounge by the pool, unwind with a spa treatment and tuck into typical Breton cuisine from the restaurant.
For An Apartment Or Villa
- If you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner Booking.com.
- The best weather in Vannes is during the summer months, with the average daily temperature reaching 18°C in July and August. However this is peak season, so for a quieter alternative consider visiting in May, September or October.
- International visitors can fly into Rennes Bretagne Airport, located 100km northeast, before taking the SNCF train along to Vannes.
- FlyBE fly direct from Southend, with the journey taking just under 1hr 30mins.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partnerRentalcars.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Vannes
La Villa Garenne Vannes 5 rooms from £79
A charming boutique hotel in the heart of historic Vannes. Five individually styled rooms mix traditional and contemporary styles with black and white photography, crisp white linen and antique furniture. Just a stone's throw from the marina and an ideal base from which to explore Brittany.Local exploring - Located in the heart of historic Vannes with many of the attractions within walking distance.Great walks - Head out of town and take long walks along the spectacular coastline.Sights nearby - Visit the towers, gates and fortified bridges of the Vannes ramparts.Full of character
Le Parc er Greo Vannes (Brittany) 13 rooms from £83
A very comfortable family-run B&B on the coast with a great swimming pool, spa facilities and terrace. Ideal for families or those on a budget who want to explore the surrounding islands and coastline of Brittany.Swimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolSailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - Sawdays
Maison de la Garenne Vannes 5 rooms from £117
An impressive mansion in the heart of the historic town of Vannes. Spacious rooms are traditionally dressed with large sash windows, wooden floors, chintz fabrics and fireplaces. Boasting a spa, swimming pool and tranquil garden while also just being a short stroll from Vannes' attractions.Local exploring - Ideally located in the heart of Vannes with many attractions within walking distance.Sights nearby - Visit Saint Peter’s Cathedral just a short walk from the property.Great walks - Take long walks along the spectacular coastline.Swimming Pool - Outdoor swimming pool
Villa Kerasy Vannes (Brittany) 13 rooms from £115
Gorgeous spa hotel themed to transport you to the shores of East coast India. Ayurvedic cookery lessons, Ayurvedic spa treatments, and 'ohm shanti ohm' style rooms take you to Ceylon, Pondicherry or even Canton. Ideal for spa breaks and local exploring.WellbeingSpa breaksSpa - Wide range of Ayurvedic treatments on offerSights nearby - Right in the centre of Vannes.Recommended by - Sawdays