Search the best hotels in Saint-Pol-de-Léon
The capital of French artichoke-growing, Saint-Pol-de-Léon is a charming town in Brittany’s dramatic Finistère region. Popular with history buffs and seaside explorers, it’s a lovely choice for a family trip or relaxed couple’s escape. Accommodation options range from charming guesthouses to inviting restaurants-with-rooms, perfect for keen foodies. Small and intimate, the best places to stay in Saint-Pol-de-Léon invite guests to unwind in tranquil surroundings.
Those interested in heritage architecture will find stacks to see in Saint-Pol-de-Léon. Admire the remains of 3rd-century Roman walls and half-timbered houses as you stroll along the Circuit des Ruelles, peer up at the Gothic Saint-Paul-Aurélien Cathedral or clamber up the 78m spire of the Kreisker Chapel for impressive views. Head to Dossen Beach for great surfing, sailing and kayaking, or enjoy scenic coastal walks and cycles. Boat trips to the Ilot Saint-Anne come highlight recommended.
Foodies can feast on the region’s signature artichokes, pink Roscoff onions and delicious freshly caught seafood. One of the best places to stay in Saint-Pol-de-Léon has its own Michelin-starred restaurant — the weekday ‘Menu du Marché’ is fantastic.
The Best Places to Stay in Saint-Pol-de-Léon
For a Chic Stay
- Hôtel de France is a striking hotel set in a 1930s residence, close to the heart of town. Expect minimalist, contemporary interiors in 16 rooms and suites, with lovely views and a soothing green, blue and white palette. Breakfasts are great, and families are welcome.
- Le Clos St Yves offers five inviting guestrooms, as part of Michelin-starred La Pomme d’Api restaurant. Pick this place for the superb gourmet cuisine of Chef Jérémie Le Calvez. Try the 'Menu du Marché' on weekday lunchtimes, or treat yourself to the 'Inspirations' tasting menu, complete with all manner of delights — including freshly caught seafood from nearby Roscoff. Warm, friendly and central.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY COTTAGE
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Brest Bretagne Airport and travel 50 minutes to Saint-Pol-de-Léon by car or bus. Alternatively, hop aboard the ferry from Plymouth to nearby Roscoff.
- Brittany is brilliant for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Travel during the spring or summer for the best weather, with temperatures peaking at around 20°C in July and August — though this is the busiest time of year. For a quieter trip, consider visiting in May or September, although the weather will be cooler.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Roscoff.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Brittany.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Saint-Pol-de-Léon
Best Hotels in Saint-Pol-de-Léon
Hotel de France, Saint Pol de Leon Saint-Pol-de-Léon (Finistère) 16 rooms from £66Local exploring - Situated in a secluded spot in the heart of town with easy access to all the main attractions.Sights nearby - Visit the stunning Château du Taureau in Carantec.Great walks - Stroll through the Jardin exotique de Roscoff.Secluded setting - For escaping.
A striking 1930s property boasting a secluded spot in the heart of town. Expect contemporary interiors throughout with rooms featuring large windows, lovely views, soft green hues and minimalist furniture. A chic base from which to explore the boundless cultural and outdoor pursuits in the region. See More
Le Clos St Yves Saint-Pol-de-Léon (Saint Pol de Léon) 5 rooms from £91Restaurant - La Pomme d'Api is a terrific Michelin-starred eatery with a focus on creative dishes using produce from the Finistère regionLocal exploring - A charming base to explore the Saint Pol de Leon and Brittany.Great walks - Take a picturesque walk through the exotic Botanic Garden of Roscoff.Sights nearby - Visit the majestic Saint Pol de Leon Cathedral.
A charming 17th century property in the centre of Saint-Pol-de-Léon, with Michelin-starred restaurant La Pomme d'Api specialising in creative gourmet cuisine. The five rooms are indulgent and inviting. A foodie gem. See More