- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Book Online Now
Search the best hotels in Cannes
If your two great loves are glamour and sunshine there's no better place than Cannes. The city's main promenade, La Croisette, gleams gracefully under the clear skies of the Côte d'Azur, a row of beautiful boutiques, excellent restaurants and most of the best places to stay in Cannes. Behind this is more glitz and glamour, and it goes all the way to the core.
But Cannes wouldn't have attracted the money and beauty which has made it wealthy and beautiful without its glorious bay, warm sandy beaches and sunshine. So if your tastes run to glamour but not excess Cannes will allow you to pace yourself.
Of course there are plenty of beautiful harbours and beaches in the Med, but Cannes has carefully created the air of exclusivity. Without actually being exclusive. Cannes is where to come if you want to shop for couture alongside celebrities, but that's the point - you're there too. And you're very welcome!
Of course during the two weeks of the famous film festival many visitors are as wealthy and well known as you can imagine. But Cannes has managed to spread the sparkle generated by the festival around the rest of the year.
What not to Miss
If you're here for Cannes, you're here for La Croisette and the port, with its mind-blowing super yachts. But it's also worth strolling down the western side of the Palais des Festivals into Le Vieux Port and Le Suquet, into the calm, petanque-friendly squares where the locals live.
And don't be disappointed if it seems like all the beaches are private, keep heading along the coast and you'll soon find more welcoming stretches of sand.
If you left your own super yacht at home, don't worry, you can still get out on the waters by joining one of the regular cruises up to Monte Carlo!
The Best Places to Stay in Cannes
For a City Break
- 1950s cool just a few minutes from the beach and La Croisette, Le Canberra says 'Cannes'. A cool hotel in a cool spot, Le Canberra has sea views and a vibrant bar, so you can see and be seen. It's definitely one of the best places to stay in Cannes for a short city break.
- Metres from the beach, the Five Seas Hotel is a mid-sized hotel with it all. The restaurant has a Michelin star, the views are incredible - especially from the rooftop pool, the spa is excellent and the 45 rooms are beautiful.
For the glamour!
- Le Cavendish's Belle Epoque façade and open bar in the evenings hark back to a more glamorous era of bright young stars and glamour. The small size, location just a few steps from La Croisette and private beach make this a popular spot, so book ahead.
Off the beaten track Cannes
- Les Rosées is in the hills above Cannes, a romantic, elegant, five room guest house which serves fantastic home-cooked food, but also has Michelin starred restaurants just a short walk away. Surrounded by lush gardens, this is a peaceful retreat.
- Tiara Yaktsa is a 21 room, clifftop hotel just along the coastline by Théoule-sur-Mer. The style is very French, but spacious and airy with it and there’s a gorgeous outdoor terrace, serene pool, a gym and a private beach.
For great value
- If you're visiting the Cote d'Azur for the sunshine and the beautiful coastline, then La Jabotte, might be the understated charmer for you. An intimate nine room sanctuary around an orange scented courtyard, this is a family friendly hotel with plenty of rustic charm, and it won't break the bank.
- Nice-Côte d'Azur Airport is about 17miles from Cannes, and there’s excellent UK connections and links to the rest of Europe. From there it’s only seven minutes to Cannes by helicopter. It’s a bit longer to take the train down from Nice. And cruise ships anchor directly in the bay.
- If you want to hire a car - which is useful if you’re staying in Cannes and you want to see more of the Côte d'Azur - we recommend you visit our online partner, Holiday Autos. And try to book your parking in advance wherever possible.
- Cannes has a delightful Mediterranean climate which means it’s mild and brilliantly sunny for most of the year - excepting winters which are cool and sunny. The Mistral winds keep Cannes from baking during the summer months, and keep the rain showers moving, so that Cannes gets passing showers rather than days of rain on end - October and November are the rainiest months. Obviously Cannes is great during the film festival and in the weeks on either side of it when it’s all dolled up and looking its best. But of course it is busy.
For a self-catering Apartment or Private Villa
If you’d prefer to stay in a self-catering apartment or private villa we recommend you visit our online partner, booking.com.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay in Cannes for you?
Best Hotels in Cannes
La Jabotte 9 rooms from $91Antibes, Côte d'Azur
An adorable hotel with rustic charm. An intimate sanctuary with an orange scented courtyard and comfortable bedrooms in pastels and mauves. A lovely and friendly hotel suitable for families and those looking for something more understated.Local markets - Good for local colour.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.TraditionalRecommended by - Sawdays
Le Canberra 35 rooms from $118Cannes (Cote d'Azur)
A cool hotel in a great location. A few minutes walk from the beach and central attractions. 1950s style rooms and suites with private terraces and sea views. Swimming pool, gym and sauna. A vibrant spot in the city centre.Outstanding location - A few minutes wall from La Croisette and the beach.Beach LifeSwimming Pool - Loveely Outdoor PoolLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - I Escape
Le Cavendish 35 rooms from $154Cannes (Cote d'Azur)
A lovely townhouse hotel a few steps from La Croisette. Belle Epoque facade, Carrara marble floors and comfortable bedrooms, plus complimentary open bar every evening. Classic elegance and refined decoration. An intimate spot in a great location.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.TraditionalRecommended by - Sawdays
Five Seas Hotel 45 rooms from $215Cannes
Beautiful rooms, views and food in one of the most luxurious locations in the world. Metres from the beach, yet in the heart of Cannes, this hotel really does have it all. Treatments and massages in Cinq Mondes, delicious food in SeaSens, and a rooftop pool with views to stun one and all.Restaurant - 2 restaurants. Sea Sens has 1 Michelin star, run by chef Arnaud TabarecViews - Great views from hotelSpa - Spa By Cinq Mondes has 4 treatment rooms with a range of services on offerSights nearby - Located right next to the Palais des Festivals and La CroisetteRecommended by - Tablet
Les Rosées 5 rooms from $251Cannes, Côte d'Azur
Gorgeous French guest house in the hills above Cannes. Honeysuckle terraces, aqua marine pool, and rambling gardens. Elegant rooms in neutral tones and lots of natural light. Fantastic home-cooked food and Michelin star restaurants a short walk away. A romantic retreat away from the crowds.Foodies - Michelin two-star Le Moulin de Mougins a short walk away.Swimming Pool - Small Plunge PoolLocal markets - Good for local colour.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape