- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Uzès
Uzès is a beautiful little town about 25 kilometres north of Nîmes. Originally a Roman settlement, Uzès is today known for its lovely Renaissance architecture, which has sprung up within what were the city walls, and are now a circle of graceful boulevards. Many of the best places to stay in Uzès are in the centre, though there are also some truly lovely rural charmers in the hills surrounding the town.
What Not To Miss
- The Dukes of Uzès were some of the most important men in all of France, with their title falling just below those of the actual princes, so their fortified Château is a an impressive affair, as is the Capuchin chapel built to house their remains.
- There’s also a cathedral, though it’s been stripped and rebuilt several times,
- The Romanesque Tour Fenestrelle or Window Tower which is a National Monument and one of the town’s most famous sights.
- Uzes made its wealth in fabric, especially serges, silks and linens, but it’s also famous for its liquorice, and there’s a rather fun confectionary museum.
- Weekly farmer’s markets, on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
Provence is always a busy region but especially during the peak summer months. So if you want to guarantee yourself a room in one of the best places to stay in Uzes during July and August, get planning and book well ahead.
The best places to stay in Uzès
To treat yourself
- L'Albiousse is a sophisticated townhouse B&B right in the centre of town. The four rooms are grand affairs, more like suites, with vaulted ceilings, black and white chequered floors, private terraces, fireplaces and chandeliers. There’s also a lovely courtyard where they serve breakfast and you’re a short walk from several excellent local restaurants. Adults only and very good value.
- L'Artemise is a gastronomic restaurant with just five rooms built on a hillside just outside Uzès, offering commanding views of the surrounding countryside. As well as the restaurant, with the daily changing seasonal menu, there’s an elegant spa, a mature garden and art on the walls by local, contemporary artists.
- La Maison d'Uzes is a fantastic five-star hotel awash with history and heritage. The luxurious and timelessly elegant rooms come with plush bathrooms and granite fireplaces. The superb restaurant is the recipient of a michelin star. Ideal for a indulgent, romantic break in Uzes.
- Monte Arena is a gorgeous four room Maison d'hotes operation in a village just outside Uzes. Here you'll find chic bedrooms, delicious dinner (on request) and a hidden jacuzzi and plunge pool for cooling off.
For value for money
- Hostellerie Provencale is a restaurant with rooms plus separate guesthouse outfit in the centre of Uzes. Rooms are cosy and traditional in style and prices start from just €80 per night for a double room.
For an apartment
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday - don't hesitate to visit our online partner, Booking.com for a great selection of centrally located properties ideal for exploring the town.
- Fly to Nîmes–Alès–Camargue–Cévennes Airport located 43 km (26 miles) from Uzès with a selection of flights across Europe and to the UK. Otherwise Montpellier or Marseille.
- Alternatively, if you wish to catch a train to Uzès, you'll have to get a train to one of the nearby towns such as Nimes or Avignon and take a connecting bus as Uzès does not have a rail station.
- If you want to rent a car to explore the beautiful surroundings, click here for prices and booking with our online partner, Rental Cars.
- Best time to visit - the summer months of July and August are especially popular due to the typically hot weather.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay in Uzès for you?
Best Hotels in Uzès
L'Albiousse 5 rooms from £154Uzès
Sophisticated townhouse B&B in the centre of Uzes. Grand rooms and suites with vaulted ceilings, chandeliers, black and white chequered floors, fireplaces and private terraces. Lovely breakfast courtyard and walking distance to restaurants. Spectacular.Romantic BreakRestrictions on children - Adults only.Local markets - Good for local colour.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - I Escape
La Maison d'Uzes 9 rooms from £183Uzès
La Maison d'Uzes is a fantastic five-star hotel awash with history and heritage. The luxurious and timelessly elegant rooms come with plush bathrooms and granite fireplaces. The superb restaurant is the recipient of a michelin star. Ideal for a indulgent, romantic break in Uzes.Foodies - Chef Christophe Ducros heads the Michelin-starred La Table d’Uzès, featuring regional specialities and innovative cuisine.Romantic Break - Treat yourselves with an indulgent weekend break, with deluxe suites, pampering spa, and gourmet cuisine.Sights nearby - History buffs must visit the beautiful 11th century Tour Fenestrelle.Local markets - Sample delicious local produce at the Uzes farmers market.Recommended by - Relais & Chateaux
Hostellerie Provençale 9 rooms from £79Uzès
Charming little hotel and sister guest-house in Uzès, the perfect base from which to explore Provence. The pretty rooms are cosy and traditional in style with floral fabrics and period features. The restaurant is overseen by two Michelin trained chefs and serves only the best local produce.Great walks - Lots of walking and hiking in the surrounding countrysideSights nearby - Pont du Gard, Nimes and Avignon close-byFull of characterLocal markets - Good for local colour.
L'Artemise 5 rooms from £193Uzès
Heavenly gastronomic restaurant with rooms on a hillside, just outside the Uzes with lovely views and gardens. This beautifully restored and peaceful XV1 century Mas exhibits contemporary art by well known artists. The "surprise" Menu changes daily & follows the seasons. A memorable experience.Spa - Elegant spa in the vaulted cellars, includes 10m corridor pool, steam bath, jucuzzi and treatment roomRestaurant - Allow four hours for the gastronmic experience, eat alfresco in the courtyard gardenSuites - Swish contemporary bedrooms and suites some equipped with kitchenettesGarden - Mature garden with ancient trees, beautiful shrubs and flowers
Monte Arena 4 rooms from £88Uzès (Montaren-et-St-Médiers)
Golden hued 17th century stonework, vaulted ceilings and contemporary furnishings. Rooms are the size of bijoux apartments with muted palettes, bold rugs and modern art. Breakfast is delicious and mostly homemade. In high season dinner is served. Relax in the hidden jacuzzi and plunge pool.Sights nearby - The Pont du Gard, a Roman aqueduct over the Gardon River, is around 10 miles away.Great walks - Walk the Vallee D'eure, through rolling countryside and ancient Roman ruins.Local markets - Good for local colour.Full of characterRecommended by - Sawdays