Search the best hotels in Baden Baden
About Baden Baden
The spa resort of Baden Baden was born out of its thermal springs, so much so that the literal translation of the town's name is Bathe Bathe. The beautiful Black Forest surroundings add to this spa town's curative charms, as do the grand buildings - many of which look a lot like palaces, with their colonnades and turrets. These grand old beauties are now some of the best places to stay in Baden Baden.
Baden Baden's aesthetic elegance has attracted an elegant clientele to the town's boutiques, outdoor cafés and gardens. And since Baden Baden's rediscovery as a spa town in the late 18th Century - the Romans discovered the thermal springs first - it's become a glamorous destination worthy not just of the palaces and grand hotels, but also of a grand casino.
What Not To Miss
- Römerplatz is where you'll find the ruins of the Roman baths, rediscovered in 1847. Part excavated and in excellent condition there's plenty to learn about the early Roman inhabitants here. They weren't too different from visitors today - many here for the healthy promises of the thermal springs.
- Just above Römerplatz is the new castle, Neues Schloss, built in the 15th Century, and now home to a local history museum. The old castle, Hohenbaden, built in 1102, has been left to deteriorate.
- Baden Baden's casino, Spielbank, seems to base its décor on the splendour of Versailles. It's right next to the Kurhaus, which is the building with the Corinthian columns and the frieze of griffins.
- Just around the park is the Trinkhalle (Drink Hall), the one with the frescos of local legends on its facade. Visitors should definitely try the mineral water. Many locals swear by it.
- The healing powers of art have not been forgotten in Baden Baden. The Museum Frieder Burda has an excellent collection of famous names from the contemporary art world. Baden Baden also has a Faberge Museum.
Very popular with tourists during the summer months, the best places to stay in Baden Baden get booked up well in advance. So you'll either need to get organised and plan ahead, or else come in less popular months, when you can really appreciate the stunning beauty of your surroundings.
For a top-notch spa
- If you're planning a holiday in Baden Baden you're probably looking for spa hotels, and the Brenners Park Hotel & Spa is considered one of Europe's best spa hotels. They've been refining their service and treatments for 140 years, so they really do know what they're doing. They're also doing it in charming surrounds, with Black Forest views and every luxury imaginable. Brenners Park is also one of the best places to stay in Baden Baden for foodies, as well as their healthy menu, they also have a Michelin star.
For traditional elegance
- Belle Epoque is one of the few grand hotels in Baden Baden without a spa - but the Caracella thermal baths are just next door. This hotel is all about elegant decor, with rooms furnished in different styles, from Empire to Louis XIV to Biedermeier, Victorian and Art Deco.
- Der Kleine Prinz is an elegant property set in a restored villa. Offering light and airy rooms decorated in a classy and traditional style, it's also centrally located - so all the city's hotspots are just around the corner. What's more, gourmet French and regional cuisine is served up in their candlelit restaurant. A top spot!
For An Apartment
- If you think a self-catering option would best suit your needs then check out the wide variety available with our partner, booking.com.
- Being a spa town, there's no specific peak or off season and the weather's fairly temperate year-round. That said, the warmest months are July and August (with an average daily temperature of 19°C), so it's probably best to come around this time.
- Visitors can fly into Airport Karlsruhe / Baden-Baden, located 16km east of the city. From here you can hop on the 205 bus to Leopoldsplatz, (located in the centre of town), which costs €2.80.
- There are direct flights from London Stansted, served by Ryanair, which take an hour and a half.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Baden Baden.
- Expand your search to include all of the best places to stay in Baden-Württemberg.
- Or, contact one of our friendly gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Baden Baden
Best Hotels in Baden Baden
Belle Epoque Baden Baden 20 rooms from £139Golf - The 18 hole championship Soufflenheim Golf Club is just 25 minutes from the hotel, guests receive a 50% greenfee discountOther Activities - The hotel offers special champagne VIP packages at the Festival Hall with seats in the first two rowsSpa - The Caraclla thermal baths and Wellness centre are just a few steps away from the hotelSights nearby - Situated in the centre of Baden BadenRecommended by - CN Traveller, Small Luxury Hotels
In the grand spa town of Baden Baden in the foothills of the Black Forest this 19th century hotel is from another era. Elegant rooms are furnished in different styles, Empire, Louis XIV, Biedermeier, Victorian or Art Deco. The perfect place to stay for a spa, festival or golf weekend. See More
Roomers Baden Baden 130 rooms from £177Local exploring - A chic base with easy access to the sights and activites of Baden-Baden and surrounding area.Sights nearby - The city’s cultural mile, or Kunst und Kulturmeile, includes 3.5 kilometers of museums and cultural attractions.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolRomantic - Good for couples.
A chic, contemporary hotel in the historic spa town of Baden-Baden. Spacious and impeccably designed throughout with choice art works and artefacts placed against large expanses of white-washed walls. Rooms are utterly luxurious with the best featuring in-room sunken baths. See More
Der Kleine Prinz Baden Baden 40 rooms from £215Local exploring - A restored 19th century villa in the heart of Baden-Baden just a short walk from most of the historical and cultural sights.Romantic - Good for couples.TraditionalSights nearby - Well located for major sights.
An elegant property in a restored villa in the heart of Baden-Baden. Immaculate rooms are light and airy with traditional features. Gourmet French and regional cuisine is served in the candlelit restaurant. A short walk from many of the town's cultural sights. A romantic base for local exploring. See More
Brenners Park Hotel & Spa Baden Baden 100 rooms from £325SpaCity StyleWellbeingSpa breaksRecommended by - Tablet
The best spa hotel in Europe. Supremely luxurious and elegant interiors behind a traditional 18th century facade. Marble floors, cornicing, cream carpets, oil paintings. The spa has everything, the restaurant is excellent, and business centre extensive. Complete pampering in luxury. See More