- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Book Online Now
Search the best hotels in Freiburg
What Not To Miss
- Culture vultures are spoilt for choice, with the Augustinermuseum, Planetarium Freiburg and Museum Natur und Mensch all fascinating spots to visit.
- The imposing Freiburg Cathedral is a wonderful example of Gothic architecture, whilst the interiors aren't too shabby either!
- Munsterplatz, the city's central square, is a charming area that's perfect if you fancy stopping off for a coffee and people watching.
- Or, if you're here with the family then consider spending an afternoon at the Mundenhof zoo.
The Best Places To Stay In Freiburg
For The City Centre
- The Alex is a sleek option boasting contemporary chic accommodation, plush bathrooms and a stylish bar. A smart option for a city break.
- If you're looking for luxury then the Colombi Hotel's the spot for you! With classically elegant accommodation offering wonderful views and a Michelin-starred restaurant, it's a top-notch stay.
- Hotel Oberkirch is fabulously located in Freiburg's old town. Stay in traditional, tasteful rooms and tuck into splendid grub from the fine-dining restaurant.
- Hotel Schwarzwälder Hof is a lovely base from which to explore the city, offering crisp contemporary accommodation in light hues and an atmospheric restaurant.
- The 8-room Kreuz Blume is a great all-round spot, with its chic modern interiors and splendidly central location.
For Family Trips
- Set just a short distance outside the city centre, Zum Storchen boasts stylish contemporary rooms and a restaurant serving up local delicacies. What's more, the Schwarzwald Zoo is just a ten-minute walk away.
- Schwarzer Adler Estate Hotel provides traditional accommodation (think chintzy fabrics and antiques) as well as a superb Michelin-starred restaurant serving up French cuisine. A lovely rural getaway!
For An Apartment Or Holiday Home
If you think you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- Freiburg's obviously nicest weather-wise in the summer, with the average daily temperature rising to 18°C in July and August.
- That said, this is peak season so for a quieter and potentially cheaper alternative consider coming in May, September or October.
- Visitors can fly into EuroAirport Basel Mulhouse Freiburg, located across the border in France and served by a number of international destinations.
- From the airport you can hop on a bus directly to Freiburg.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Holiday Autos.
Still Not Sure?
- Browse through our entire list of all the best places to stay in Freiburg.
- Widen the net to include our recommendations in Stuttgart or across the border in Zurich.
- Or, feel free to contact one of our friendly gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Freiburg
Kreuz Blume 8 rooms from $171Freiburg
Charming little hotel in the heart of Freiburg's old town. Kreuze Blume's rooms are spacious and light with simple furnishings that create a comfortable atmosphere. Spend the day exploring the cobbled streets of Freiburg's old town before returning for a delicious evening meal.Local exploring - Located within a charming historic building in town, yet within easy reach of the Black ForestLocal markets - Around Christmas, explore Freiburg's Christmas markets.Sights nearby - Freiburg Munster is 100m from the hotel.
Zum Storchen 28 rooms from $120Freiburg
A short drive from Freiburg, Zum Storchen is a peaceful, modern hotel in Waldkirch. Rooms are stylish and modern with some having attached balconies. Downstairs you can dine on delicious local delicacies in the hotel's restaurant. Ideal if your looking for somewhere away from Freiburg city centre.Families - Perfect for families visiting Freiburg with the Schwarzwald Zoo just ten minutes walk away.Sights nearby - Visit Freiburg's historic old town, six miles from the hotel.
Hotel Oberkirch 26 rooms from $170Freiburg
A historic building situated in the heart of the city. Traditionally styled rooms feature charming floral motif wallpaper, sash windows and elegant chandeliers. A fine-dining restaurant serves contemporary European cuisine and boasts an excellent wine-list. Well located for exploring the city.Local exploring - A historic building, right in the heart of Freiburg's old town and within walking distance of some of its main attractions.Great walks - Take a guided city walk and learn about the fascinating history of this ancient town.Sights nearby - Visit the cities famed cathedral located just opposite the hotel.Full of character
Hotel Schwarzwälder Hof 44 rooms from $113Freiburg
A family-run property in the historic centre of Freiburg. The atmospheric restaurant and living areas are filled with antiques and local charm. Contrastingly the rooms are contemporary in style with crisp white linen, parquet flooring and patterned headboards. Well positioned for city exploration.Local exploring - Situated in the heart of Freiburg giving easy access to many of the cities best sights.Great walks - The surrounding mountains provide miles of scenic trails to be explored.Sights nearby - The hotel is a stone's throw from the mediaeval centre of the cityFull of character
The Alex 39 rooms from $171Freiburg
A sleek, modern hotel just outside Freiburg's historic old town. Contemporary interior design, with chic, comfortable rooms and plush bathrooms. Relax by the fire in the lounge, or sip on a cocktail in the stylish bar. Perfect for those hoping to explore the city in style.Local exploring - A chic contemporary hotel, just minutes from Freiburg’s picturesque Old Town, ideal for a cultural city break.Business meetings - With great conference room facilities and a central location it's well suited to business meetings.Sights nearby - Less than ten minutes walk from Freiburg's picturesque old town.Local markets - Explore Freiburg's daily farmers market in Munsterplatz.
Colombi Hotel 112 rooms from $302Freiburg
A luxury hotel and spa on the outskirts of the historic city of Freiburg. Light and airy rooms are traditional in style with large windows and magnificent city views. The elegant reception rooms are a glorious place to unwind with an evening tipple, as is the Michelin starred restaurant. Fabulous.Foodies - Foodie heaven with Black Forest cuisine served in the Michelin starred Zirbel and Falkenstube restaurant.Local exploring - A very comfortable base to return to after a day exploring the historic city.Sights nearby - Visit the picturesque Colombi Castle or take a walk round Freiburg's historic centre.Great walks - Within easy access of the Black Forest with its many miles of trails.