Search the best hotels in Frankfurt
Germany’s glittering financial hub, Frankfurt is a fascinating fusion of old and new, with eclectic architecture — from skyscrapers to historic stately homes — and a lively cultural scene to admire. Accommodation options are wide-ranging, from low-key B&Bs to smart business hotels suited to a whole range of budgets. Whether you’re dreaming of a romantic retreat, a chic city stay or an excellent base for business, our pick of the best places to stay in Frankfurt promises the ideal spot from which to discover this impressive city.
With museums and historic buildings aplenty, Frankfurt’s city centre is best explored on foot. Stroll from the medieval edifices of Römer Square to the glass-fronted Main Tower, where a 200-metre high platform offers the perfect vantage point from which to admire glinting skyscrapers and historic church spires stretching out in all directions, with the River Main snaking between them.
Culture aficionados will find themselves spoilt for choice: Frankfurt is second only to Berlin when it comes to German museums. Wander from the German Film Museum to the German Architecture Museum, the Museum of Modern Art, the Jewish Museum and the Senckenberg Museum, to name but a few. The Goethe Haus and Museum — the birthplace of the famous author — is hugely popular, too.
Evenings in Frankfurt are long and lively, with stacks of terrific restaurants and bars to try, as well as thronging clubs for late-night revellers keen to dance to the latest beats. Whether you’re a night owl, an eager museum-goer or a foodie, you’ll need a special place to lay your head and unwind — and this is where Frankfurt’s vast array of stylish hotels come in. Whilst most trendy properties are in the heart of the city, some of the best places to stay in Frankfurt offer the best of both worlds: elegant luxury in the countryside, just beyond the city limits. From hip hideaways to contemporary minimalism and family-friendly hotels, Frankfurt has it all.
The best places to stay in Frankfurt
For great value
- The Goldman boasts bright minimalist rooms — think lime green or warm orange touches — within easy reach of the city’s main clubs. Affordable and lively, this is an ideal choice for those eager to experience Frankfurt’s nightlife.
- Villa Orchard is a cosy, family-run B&B in a suburb of Frankfurt. Simple rooms are spacious and comfortable, with big windows and plenty of fresh air. Family rooms and a quiet, laid-back feel make this a lovely pick for those travelling with little ones. Great value.
- Hotel Hamburger Hof is a comfortable, contemporary hotel in north Frankfurt. Stylish rooms have dark wood furniture, black and white photographs and splashes of colour. Choose this place for a smart city stay on a budget.
For City Chic
- Libertine Lindenberg fuses sleek design features and a mellow palette of blush pinks and soft greys to create elegant and inviting pared-back rooms. With superb city views and a buzzy cocktail bar hidden behind a classical facade, this is a romantic base for a stylish trip to Frankfurt.
- 25 Hours the Trip is a seriously hip central hotel in a modern glass-and-brick building. Rooms are bedecked in bright, warm tones with swanky statement pieces, whilst the chic restaurant-bar offers tasty Middle Eastern fare under atmospheric low-lighting. A cool, quirky spot.
- The Pure is a chic all-white design hotel with crisp white linens in minimalist rooms, a trendy bar and tranquil spa. Pared-back, ultra-hip and almost totally monochrome, this arty spot is in the heart of the Bahnhof district and prides itself on offering great local recommendations to exploratory visitors.
- Roomers, on the other hand, boasts a monochrome palette of black and velvety purples promising an edgy, seductive allure. Highlights include an award-winning Burlesque bar, an extensive spa and decadent 70m² suite. A chic pick for modern design-minded travellers.
- Gurbermuhle offers contemporary design and a cool, understated vibe within a striking 16th century flour mill. Featuring a beer garden and restaurant, this is a lively choice for a smart city stay.
For a business hotel
- Hotel Concorde boasts modern minimalist rooms with all the necessary mod cons. Close to Frankfurt’s banking district, this is a grown-up, no fuss choice in a great business location.
For a long stay
- The Lindenberg Rückertstraße is a trendy Frankfurt hotel with bright pops of colour and fun, characterful decor in each individually designed suite. The emphasis on communal living makes for wonderful shared spaces — from the cinema and bar to the teppanyaki kitchen. With ten suites available to rent on a monthly (as well as nightly) rate, it’s ideal for longer stays.
For Five Star City Luxury
- Villa Kennedy promises a glamorous stay in the heart of the city. A stately home turned luxury hotel, this superb property boasts a striking central courtyard, rejuvenating spa, top-notch bar and restaurants, and characterful, contemporary rooms. Chic and serene, just moments from the sights.
- Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof offers opulence at every turn. A historic hotel with luxuriously appointed suites and huge marble bathrooms, the deluxe spa and Michelin-starred Restaurant Français make this the perfect pick for a well-heeled city stay.
- Jumeirah Frankfurt is the picture of a 21st century hotel. Its glass fronted design affords views of the city's enthralling skyline, whilst chic rooms are comfortable and luxurious, with a soothing palette of cream and wood.
- The Grand Hotel Hessischer offers elegantly furnished rooms and five-star city style in a smart, modern building. Highlights include the award-winning bar, gourmet restaurant and rooftop terrace with striking city views.
For an out-of-town Schloss
- Schloss Hotel Kronenberg boasts antique-filled rooms, an art collection with works by the likes of Titian and Rubens, an onsite golf course and an excellent restaurant. Tucked in striking surroundings to the north of Frankfurt, this is an enchanting castle perfect for a romantic, old-world stay.
- Kempinski Hotel Gravenbruch is an elegant 5-star resort and spa just 15 minutes south of Frankfurt city centre. Well-appointed rooms offers gorgeous lake or park views, there are four restaurants, indoor and outdoor pools, a smoking lounge and a charming tea room. Pick this place for proximity to Frankfurt whilst in the countryside — and the excellent spa.
- Falkenstein Grand Kempinski is housed in a historic edifice with lovely views of Koenigstein Taunus. Think rich fabrics, antique furnishings, and private balconies. The lavish spa, swimming pool and gourmet restaurants are the real highlights of this country retreat.
- Villa Rothschild Kempinski is a beautiful stately home turned boutique hotel. Come for the opulent interiors, charming countryside views, a lovely swimming pool and a delectable 2** Michelin restaurant. Frankfurt is within easy reach, but you’ll find it hard to tear yourself away from this luxurious idyll!
For an apartment
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Frankfurt Airport is a major international hub situated just 13km southwest of the city centre. The journey to or from the airport is easily arranged by taxi, train or bus.
- If you would like to hire a car, we recommend visiting our online partner Rentalcars.
- For visitors wishing to explore the country further, Frankfurt Hauptbanhof has regular and reliable train services to all of Germany’s major cities.
- Whilst Frankfurt is a year-round business destination, it is at its best for visitors from May to September, with plenty of sunshine, festivals and outdoor events to enjoy.
Still not sure?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Hesse.
- Alternatively, see our pick of the best places to stay in Germany.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Frankfurt
Best Hotels in Frankfurt
Villa Orchard Frankfurt 7 rooms from £56Value chic - With economy rooms, singles, and family rooms, it's the perfect choice for a holiday to Frankfurt on a shoestring.Great walks - Make the most of the beautiful walking all along the closeby River Rhine.Local markets - Visit the Hofheimer Wochenmarkt, a local market a mile from the hotel.Sights nearby - Take a trip into Frankfurt and visit the city's historic old town.
A sweet low-cost B&B, in a suburb of Frankfurt. The simple rooms are spacious and comfortable with balconies facing out over the garden. With the city centre within easy reach and family rooms, it's perfect for families looking for a quiet place to stay whilst visiting Frankfurt. See More
The Goldman Frankfurt 97 rooms from £58Value chicLocal markets - Good for local colour.Lively - Hip and happening.Cooking classes - Check for timings.Recommended by - Tablet
25 Hours The Trip 60329 Frankfurt am Main 152 rooms from £62City Style - In a great central location, this is an ideal choice for those looking for easy city exploringGreat walks - Wander around picturesque Römerberg and the quaint medieval part of the citySights nearby - Head to the magnificent Frankfurt CathedralRomantic - Good for couples.
The Pure Frankfurt 50 rooms from £82City StyleSights nearby - Walking distance to the old town, museums, Opera and famous Frankfurt Theatre.Local markets - Good for local colour.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Tablet, Frommers
Libertine Lindenberg Frankfurt (Sachsenhausen) 17 rooms from £86Local exploring - It's just five minutes on foot from the Museum QuarterSights nearby - Ten minutes walk from Frankfurt's historic old town and the Cathedral of St Bartholomew Dom St Bartholomaus.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.
Libertine Lindenberg's classy interiors mirror it's classical facade. The rooms are designed with an elegant touch, featuring clean colour schemes and stylish, comfortable furnishings. Boasting a cool bar and a well equipped kitchen for communal use, it's perfect for a weekend in Frankfurt. See More
Gerbermuhle Frankfurt 18 rooms from £86Local markets - Good for local colour.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Schloss Hotel Kronberg Frankfurt 62 rooms from £106Artworks - Original paintings by Rubens, Titian and Gainsborough on the walls.Foodies - Gourmet cuisine, renowned in the area.Romantic Break5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels, Michelin Travel
An enchanting castle belonging to an Empress with an 18-hole golf course and famous paintings, from Titian to Reubens. Antiques, artworks, and general splendour throughout traditional elegant interiors. Gourmet restaurant, bar, and stunning grounds. Very luxurious, not far from Frankfurt. See More
Hotel Hamburger Hof Frankfurt 62 rooms from £105Groups - Chic single, double & triple rooms; hotel's fantastic location is the perfect opportunity for your group to explore the citySights nearby - St Paul's Church, Goethe House and The Alte Opera house are close to hotel
The Lindenberg Rückertstraße Frankfurt from £108City Style - A kitsch hotel in the trendy Ostend district, with bespoke furnishings, communal Teppanyaki stove and muraled fireplace lounge.Local exploring - Perfect for exploring the rich history of Frankfurt, including the former Jewish Quarter and the historic Old Town.Sights nearby - Visit Frankfurt's old Jewish Quarter less than ten minutes walk away.Local markets - Explore the christmas markets in Frankfurt's historic old town.
A trendy Frankfurt hotel with an emphasis on a communal hotel experience. The suites are minimalist and stylishly decorated. The communal lounge area and the atmospheric bar boast elegant design features. With suites available to rent monthly, it's ideal for someone on a long stay in the city. See More
Hotel Concorde Frankfurt 45 rooms from £109Business meetings - A convenient hotel, just minutes from the train station, with sleek modern rooms, business centre and hot breakfast buffet.Sights nearby - Alte Nikolaikirche is just fifteen minutes walk away.
A contemporary hotel with a central location. Hotel Concorde boasts modern minimalist rooms with all the needed mod cons. Its ideal for those in Frankfurt on business, especially those in the financial services given its close proximity to Frankfurt's banking district. A grown up, no fuss choice. See More
Roomers Frankfurt 117 rooms from £133LuxuryViews - Great views from hotelCity StyleSpa breaksRecommended by - Tablet
Fabulously seductive contemporary design hotel. Shiny black monochrome interiors and subtle lighting throughout rooms and suites. Award-winning Burlesque style bar, excellent restaurant, and extensive spa. Sophisticated, lively, cutting edge, and not unaffordable with with it. See More
Kempinski Hotel Gravenbruch Frankfurt (63263 Gravenbruch) 225 rooms from £152Spa breaks - The Spa has several saunas, including an all-female sauna, two pools, a gym and a variety of massage treatments.Swimming Pool - There is a heated indoor pool and a heated outdoor pool.Secluded setting - Enclosed by a park.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Michelin Travel
Elegant 5-star resort and spa hotel 15 minutes from Frankfurt city centre, offering rooms with gorgeous views of the lake or park. It has four restaurants, a tea room, a smoking lounge and a spa. The rooms are stylish, with oakwood floors, marble bathrooms and cherrywood walls. Pure barefoot luxury. See More
Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof Frankfurt 303 rooms from £198Business meetings - The excellent meeting facilities and central location make it perfect for business conferences.Romantic Break - Luxury and comfort combine to make it perfect for a romantic city break in Frankfurt.Sights nearby - The hotel is only two minutes walk from Goethe's House.OpulentRecommended by - Kiwi Collection
Extravagance and opulence rule the roost at this classy five-star hotel in Frankfurt. Palatial rooms focus on providing comfort and luxury to guests at the Steigenberger. After a day of exploring the city, return to a sumptuous meal in the michelin starred Restaurant Francais. A grown up city break. See More
Jumeirah Frankfurt Frankfurt 217 rooms from £203City Style - A modern and luxurious stay in the heart of this cosmopolitan cityLocal markets - Sample local foods at markets in Frankfurt's Römer Old Town.Sights nearby - Alte Nikolaikirche is two minutes walk away.Lively - Hip and happening.
All sleek and modern, Jumeirah Frankfurt is the picture of a 21st century hotel. Its glass fronted design affords views of the city's enthralling skyline. The rooms themselves have a stylish minimalism, maximising comfort and luxury. Perfectly placed to explore Frankfurt's historic centre. See More
Villa Rothschild Kempinski Frankfurt (Königstein im Taunus) 22 rooms from £215Foodies - The French inspired haute cuisine restaurant has been awarded two Michelin stars, and is considered one of Germany's finest.Romantic Break - A romantic hideaway on the slopes of Mount Taunus, with stunning gardens, elegant suites and pampering spa.Great walks - There are lovely walks around the surrounding Rothschild Park.Sights nearby - Check out Falkenstein Castle ruins, just beside the hotel.
A secluded masterpiece from the illustrious Rothschild dynasty. Opulence at every turn with gorgeous rooms, beautiful park setting and a divine two Michelin star restaurant. With Frankfurt in easy reach it's perfect for exploring the city or simply relax in the spa. Splendour encapsulated. See More
Falkenstein Grand Kempinski Frankfurt (Debusweg 6-18) 112 rooms from £243Total relaxation - Allow yourself to relax and unwind, the opulent suites, pampering spa and excellent service will put you at your ease.Country Escape - A serne and peaceful spot nestled in the woods of a historic nature park.Sights nearby - The hotel is located close to the Rhine-Main region with many tourist attractions.Great walks - Wander the lovely landscaped gardens and parklands that surround the hotel.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection
Belonging to the Kempinski chain, this hotel is situated in a historic building with lovely views of Koenigstein Taunus. Rooms are spacious with balconies, high ceilings, arches, rich fabrics and antique furnishings. An outdoor pool, lavish spa and gourmet restaurant give added 5 star luxury. See More
Villa Kennedy Frankfurt 163 rooms from £351Business Centre5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Business meetingsCity StyleRecommended by - Tablet
Luxury Five Star Forte business hotel. 1950s film star glamour oozes from traditional but elegant courtyards, living areas and bedrooms or suites. Fantastic restaurant, extensive spa and gym, and emphasis on attractive business areas. A luxurious and unique choice for a business trip. See More
Grand Hotel Hessischer Hof Frankfurt 121 rooms from £369City Style - The city's most prestigeous and luxorious five star- antiques and fine art mix with rain showers and a state of the art spa.Romantic Break - An indulgent city break for two- think champagne for breakfast, cocktails in Jimmy's Bar and pampering massages.Great walks - For an informative day out visit the beautiful Palmengarten botanical gardens.Sights nearby - The Main river, Römer and the city centre are all within a half an hour walk.
Stylish five-star city hotel boasting museum quality art and antique furnishings. The Grand Hotel Hessischer prioritises comfort and luxury, with contemporary rooms that exude opulence and elegance. The award winning bar, stellar gourmet restaurant and unique city view terrace set it apart. See More