Search the best hotels in Langeoog
Swept by the wind and waves of the North Sea, Langeoog makes up one link in the East Frisian Island chain, scattered loosely between the coastal wetlands of northernmost Germany and the sea. Beloved by Germans as a thalassotherapy spa destination, it's a great place to recharge your batteries: from the chic Parisian-esque cafes in the town to the seals and seabirds that make their home on the east end of the island, Langeoog is ideal for surfers, families and young couples alike, and proves to be a unique holiday destination. Car-free and proudly so, (the purity of the air is quite remarkable), you can get around the island either by bike or horse-drawn carriage, or simply by walking through the countryside of 20m high dunes, dykes, grazing cattle, sea buckthorn and dog rose bushes. Whether you're taking a guided tour of the largest herring gull colony in the world, exploring the islands by boat, enjoying an indulgent spa or simply slumming it at the beach, you'll leave Langeoog feeling refreshed and relaxed in equal measure. In our collection of the best places to stay in Langeoog, we've highlighted a cool contemporary hotel just by the beach, perfect for the rejuvenating holiday you so desire.
What not to miss
- Head to the 14km sandy beach, in the shadow of great 20m high dunes, and enjoy any of the specific sections: there's a section reserved for young people, kite-fliers, surfers and, because this is Germany, a section for non-smokers.
- Hire a bike and ride the many cycle path throughout the island!
- Book a horse-drawn carriage ride through the wild and beautiful windswept countryside.
- Enjoy a guided tour of the Lower Saxony Wadden Sea National Park and see for yourself the largest herring gull colony in the world...
- Learn about local history, (and see some sea life) at the Langeeog Maritime Museum - it also doubles up as an aquarium!
- Do some Nordic walking in the Nordic Walking Park.
- Unwind with an indulgent massage in the spa!
Wild, windswept and crowned with house-high dunes, Langeoog is otherwordly, rejuvenating and remarkable - no wonder it's one of the best-kept secrets of Germany. Find out more by browsing our list of the best places to stay in Langeoog!
The best places to stay in Langeoog
- Hotel Norderriff is a contemporary hotel with an enviable location just minutes from the stunning beaches. Large airy rooms feature parquet flooring, contemporary art and sink-in-to beds. A small spa is the ideal place to help unwind. Indulgent breakfasts are served. A grown up haven for relaxing coastal holidays.
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of villas and apartments in the nearby area.
- The best time to travel is during the summer, when the temperature ranges between 11 and 20 degrees.
- Fly to Bremen International Airport, take the bus from Bremen Hbf to Bensersiel Anleger and then take the ferry from Bensersiel to Langeoog. This takes around 4h 51m.
- Langeoog is car-free, but don't worry, you can hire a bike or a horse-drawn carriage!
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include the best places to stay in Germany
- or for some Baltic sea-air and spa holidays, check out our list of the best places to stay in Timmendorfer Strand
- or contact one of our Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Langeoog
Best Hotels in Langeoog
Hotel Norderriff Langeoog 14 rooms from £130Beach Life - Just a few minutes walk from the beach.Great walks - Take long walks along the beach and hikes over the mudflatsRestrictions on children - This is an adults only propertySwimming Pool - Indoor heated pool
A contemporary hotel with an enviable location just minutes from the stunning beaches. Large airy rooms feature parquet flooring, contemporary art and sink-in-to beds. A small spa is the ideal place to help unwind. Indulgent breakfasts are served. A grown up haven for relaxing coastal holidays. See More