Search the best hotels in Mannheim
Known globally as a city of invention and innovation, Mannheim is the point at which the Rhine meets the Neckar. Unusually for a German city, the old town is laid out in a grid pattern leading to the nickname, 'the city of squares'. A vibrant cultural hub, Mannheim is a member of the UNESCO Creative Cities Network and is particularly well regarded for its music scene. In a city so heavily shaped by water, it's natural that the best places to stay in Mannheim tend to overlook one of the two rivers.
Things not to miss:
- Perhaps the most impressive sight in the city is the stunning 18th century Mannheim Palace. Today it houses the University of Mannheim, a place with a great reputation for Business and Economics. In Germany it is known as the 'Harvard of Germany'.
- The city hosts a wonderful farmers market in the Marktplatz every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
- There are a number of beautiful churches to visit in Mannheim. The best of these is arguably the 18th century Jesuit Church.
- Go for lovely walks and explore Luisenpark, one of Germany's most beautiful parks. Running along the Neckar, it has an array of greenhouses and gondoletta boats.
A city of innovation, Mannheim is most famous for having invented the first bicycle as well as the first car. Our selection of the best places to stay in Mannheim often reflect this inventive culture.
The best places to stay in Mannheim
For contemporary chic
- Once you are inside Speicher7 Hotel, it's hard to imagine that it was ever a mill. Beautifully converted into a sleek modern hotel, it features stylish rooms, a lively cocktail bar and a superb restaurant overlooking the river. As with a lot of things in Mannheim, every detail is wonderfully planned.
- Staytion is another good option with its chic, unfussy rooms and interiors that pay homage to a selection of music legends, with each of the six floors dedicated to a particular band or genre. There's also a buzzing bar with regular after work DJ sets, and an excellent sushi restaurant.
For a private apartment
- Explore the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- The nearest airport to Mannheim is Frankfurt (49 miles).
- To hire a car, visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to visit Mannheim is from June to September, when the temperature sits in the twenties.
Still not sure?
- Have another look at our list of the best places to stay in Mannheim.
- Broaden the net to look at our selection of the best places to stay in nearby Frankfurt, or all our Baden-Wurttemberg recommendations.
- Alternatively email one of our gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Mannheim
Best Hotels in Mannheim
Staytion Mannheim 43 rooms from £103Value chic - Quirky and fun accommodation in a central position at very reasonable ratesLocal exploringLocal markets - If you're in town for the month of May then the Maimarkt Mannheim is a must visitSights nearby - Be sure to visit Heidelberg Zoo and the Hockenheimring racing circuitRecommended by - Tablet
Located in downtown Mannheim, the boutique Staytion's interiors pay homage to various music legends over the years. Their chic yet unfussy rooms are individually-decorated and each focus on a specific artist. Enjoy lovely sushi dishes at the restaurant. A fun and friendly stay at great value. See More
Speicher7 Hotel Mannheim 20 rooms from £130City Style - Once an old industrial warehouse, it's been totally revamped into a trendy design boutique on the river front.Business meetings - With great conference facilities and close to the city centre, it's perfect for meetings.Sights nearby - Mannheim’s main attractions including the university and palace are only 0.6 miles away.
A former mill, turned trendy waterfront design hotel in Mannheim. Bright and spacious rooms with a luxury boutique feel. Enjoy fantastic cocktails at the hip bar, and fine dining fusion cuisine at Marly restaurant. Brimming with urban chicness and carrying an atmosphere of meditation and wellness. See More