Search the best hotels in Wiesbaden
Long renowned for its thermal springs and spa dating back to Roman times, Wiesbaden has understandably garnered a reputation as a superb place to unwind in ancient surroundings with the town once boasting 26 hot springs. Much of Wiesbaden's wonderfully historic architecture still remains, along with 14 of the springs, making it easy to imagine life in a famous spa town in days gone by and even easier to relax. However, the luxurious spas aren't the only reason to visit Wiesbaden, the town is rife with superb restaurants and shops making it the perfect place to really indulge yourself. Many of the best places to stay in Wiesbaden compliment the pampering nature of the town and are perfect for simply unwinding in.
Wiesbaden is the capital of the Hesse region and acts as a great base from which to explore the great variety of things that the region has to offer: from vast forests to UNESCO world heritage sites. There's also the cosmopolitan city of Frankfurt which offers a great blend of old and new - making for an intriguing blend of architectures.
What Not To Miss
- A must-do in Wiesbaden given its history is taking a dip in one of the famous spa pools - the ultimate relaxation experience. Let any worries and stresses drift away as you unwind in the thermal waters that have made the town famous for centuries.
- Enjoy stunning views of the picturesque town with a ride on the 1888 Nerobergbahn Funicular - a charming railway that transports visitors to the top of the hill. The experience doesn't end with the views though - there's everything from a pool with a view to charming forest walks ensuring that it's a great day out for all.
- Experience some of Wiesbaden's most elegant architecture at the Kurhaus. Once a centre for healing, the building now hosts a casino and it's easy to imagine James Bond arriving at the majestic entrance. The gardens are also extremely well-manicured and are really worth a stroll around.
- Or for something a bit different but no less impressive, pay a visit to the impressive Russian Church sat atop the Neroberg hill featuring dramatic golden spires and ornate stonework. The church was constructed in the 19th century and offers a great glimpse into the diverse history of the region.
- For a tranquil experience, visit the Kurpark, a beautiful and historic park set in the centre of Wiesbaden. The park offers much more than a tranquil stroll, however, and features everything from paddle boats to a golf course and restaurants.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Wiesbaden are perfect for exploring this diverse and historic town and are priced very reasonably.
The best places to stay in Wiesbaden
For city explorers
- Hotel Klemm is a quirky hotel with rooms in all different sizes and standards. The red brick facade was originally built in 1888 and the inside has been expertly renovated with chic décor. In a great location with all modern comforts, it is a good choice for leisure or business travellers.
For an apartment
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday, don't hesitate to visit our online partner, Booking.com for a diverse selection of centrally-located properties ideal for easily exploring Wiesbaden.
- Fly to Frankfurt Airport located 27km (16 miles) from Wiesbaden with a range of flights across Europe and further afield.
- Alternatively, catch a train to Wiesbaden with regular services to Frankfurt along with long distance connections across Germany.
- If you want to rent a car to explore the town and beautiful region beyond, visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- Best time to visit - the summer months from June to September for warm weather, perfect for making the most of the stunning outdoors.
Still Not Sure?
- Browse through our list of the best places to stay in Wiesbaden.
- Expand your search to include our recommendations in Frankfurt or Mannheim.
- Or contact, one of our friendly gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Wiesbaden
Hotel Klemm Wiesbaden (Kapellenstraße 9) 63 rooms from £108Local exploring - Great location, moments away from the City Center and close to important sights, shops and restaurants.City Style - Crisp design with a quirky twist- no two rooms are the same and each has it's merits.Local markets - Just a five minute walk from locals shops, street vendors and artists.Sights nearby - Walk down to the City Palace and Marktkirche Church.Recommended by - Great Small Hotels
A quirky hotel with rooms in all different sizes and standards. The red brick facade was originally built in 1888, the inside has been expertly renovated with chic décor. In a great location with all modern comforts, it is a good choice for leisure or business travellers. Funky vibes. See More