Search the best hotels in Gibraltar
Craggy and dramatic, tiny Gibraltar is a hugely popular Mediterranean destination with a unique British twist. Accommodation options range from low-key guesthouses to lavish luxury hotels. Whether you’re on the lookout for an extravagant superyacht or an elegant 1930s retreat, the best places to stay in Gibraltar feature spectacular panoramas over the Bay of Gibraltar and the African coastline — the perfect setting for an indulgent escape.
Part of Gibraltar’s appeal lies in its diminutive size and eminent walkability. A curious fusion of Mediterranean charm and classic British seaside town, Gibraltar is home to fish & chip shops and cosy pubs aplenty, as well as heaps of history. Take a guided tour amidst the Italianate buildings of the medieval town centre, before delving into the Great Siege Tunnels and the WWII Tunnels, dug deep in Gibraltar’s rocky depths. The Gibraltar National Museum makes for fascinating visiting, too, as does Nelson’s Anchorage. Shop-til-you-drop in the city’s designer boutiques before picking a perch for a laid-back coffee or a crisp drink. Savour freshly-caught seafood in the eateries of the super-smart marina, dance the night away in hip bars and live music venues, or try your luck at the casino.
If it’s Gibraltar’s natural wonders that you’re eager to see, start your explorations at the renowned Alameda Botanical Gardens. Having admired the area’s flora and fauna above ground, step down to St Michael’s Cave or the Gorham Cave Complex for unusual rock formations and underground pools. Outdoorsy explorers will find nature trails criss-crossing the area, as well as great e-bike tours — especially useful for all the inclines! Don’t miss the iconic hike or cable car to the Upper Rock Nature Reserve for impressive views and a chance to see the resident Barbary macaques in action at Apes’ Den. Out on the water, there’s paddle boarding, sailing, diving and fun boat trips to spot dolphins frolicking in the waves.
Whether you’re eager to laze around on the beach in front of brightly-painted houses, to dine in splendour or to meet Gibraltar’s mischievous monkeys, this quirky destination promises a slice of the sun-soaked Mediterranean with a unique British tradition, wonderful for a relaxed holiday as a couple or family. Our pick of the best places to stay in Gibraltar ensures you’ll be vacationing in epic style — in a heritage gem or on a splendid superyacht.
The Best Places to Stay in Gibraltar
For historic elegance
- The Rock Hotel is an impressive 1930s edifice with grand interiors and gorgeous views of Gibraltar harbour and the African coastline from its verdant perch -- best admired with a G&T in hand. Expect spacious and opulent suites, featuring classic design and contemporary luxuries. Stay here for the fabulous food, beautiful vistas and rich history. Legendary guests have included Errol Flynn, John Lennon and Yoko Ono, amongst others. You'll be in seriously good company!
For a luxury superyacht
- Sunborn Gibraltar is an enormous seven-story superyacht moored in Gibraltar harbour, promising striking views as well as easy access to the marina's many attractions and to Gibraltar's old town. Some of the ultra-chic suites come with private terraces, whilst there are also spacious family options. With an on-board spa, gym, swimming pool, two restaurants and an extravagant casino, you'll be living the dream! Swish and slick five-star luxury in a superbly unique setting.
For an apartment or holiday cottage
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly into Gibraltar Airport, and hop into a bus or taxi to your hotel from there. Most hotels will also be happy to arrange an airport pick up.
- Contact our partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- A hugely popular summer destination, Gibraltar is also striking — and much quieter — during the spring and autumn. It’s well worth visiting out of season to avoid the crowds! If you do choose to visit in July and August, make sure to book your accommodation well in advance.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Expand your search to explore the best places to stay in Marbella.
- Alternatively, check out our pick of the best hotels on the Costa Del Sol.
- Or you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Gibraltar
Best Hotels in Gibraltar
The Rock Hotel Gibraltar 84 rooms from £112Hideaway - Situated against a rock, set back from the coast, yet with glorious sea views. This is a quiet spot to unwind in luxurySailing - Charter a boat for a romantic day at sea spotting dolphinsGreat walks - Take a stroll around the nearby Botanical GardensSwimming Pool - Outdoor salt water pool
An elegant grand dame of a hotel boasting a spectacular location, set against a rock, overlooking the coast. Rooms are romantic and traditional with hardwood floors, private balconies, and antiques. The saltwater pool sits within a pretty garden and there's an excellent restaurant too. See More
Sunborn Gibraltar Gibraltar 189 rooms from £226Families - There is a good range of accommodation with many options that are suitable for families.City Style - A chic luxury property for your Gibraltar breakSights nearby - You're right in the heart of Gibraltar's harbour, so it's an easy stroll to the medieval old townSpa - The infinity spa offer a wide range of treaments using Elemis products