Search the best hotels in Milos
The southwestern-most of the islands in the Cyclades group, Milos is a striking volcanic land of steep cliffs and glittering Aegean waters. Whitewashed churches cling to the hilltops, whilst charming villages with brightly painted shutters sit clustered around pretty ports, perfect for laid-back holidays in the sunshine. Popular with families, Milos is also a favourite of heritage aficionados, who revel in its fascinating history. There’s a great choice of accommodation options on the island, and the best places to stay in Milos are small, characterful and often family-run.
Milos’ largest harbours are at Adamantas and Pollonia; base yourself near one of these hubs for lively eateries and cafés, as well as the chance to arrange sailing trips, hire sea kayaks, or to pick up fresh produce on market day. To delve into the island’s history, head to the Mining Museum, or visit some of its striking churches, including Korfiatissa Church, Holy Trinity Church at Adamas and the Panagia Thalassitra Church. There are also fascinating archaeological sites on the island, and a labyrinth of early Christian catacombs. The Venus de Milo — now at the Louvre — was discovered in Milos, as were the Poseidon of Melos and the Asclepius of Milos.
Milos’ other draw are its sensational beaches, thermal springs and sparkling swimming spots, often framed by white cliffs. Kleftiko and Sarakiniko are glorious, as is the open-topped Sykia Cave, whilst Tsigrado and Firiplaka beaches will delight sunbathers. Boat trips to uninhabited Polyaigos Island also come highly recommended. Speak to the teams at the best places to stay in Milos to arrange day charters for your group!
The Best Places to Stay in Milos
For Boutique Charm
- Kapetan Tasos Suites has airy, whitewashed guest rooms and suites with pops of bright, nautical blue. Ocean-facing verandas and a refreshing swimming pool add to the appeal -- as do the very reasonable rates. A charming and intimate base.
- Salt Suites is another boutique hideaway, this time with a focus on natural materials, including driftwood, shells and pebbles, all used as part of the understated design of the hotel. Suites are named after the island's beaches; the best have private terraces with jacuzzis.
- Niki Savvas Suites, just metres from the ocean, are wonderful for families who can book multiple rooms or add an extra bed for little ones in the larger suites. With a garden, ocean-facing terraces and a friendly, laid-back feel, this is a great holiday base for all ages. It's also very affordable.
- Melian Boutique Hotel & Spa offers 15 indulgent coastal rooms and suites in pretty Pollonia. Fusing a classic Cycladic aesthetic with contemporary comforts, this boutique bolthole promises a wonderfully romantic experience -- complete with superb sea views, a soothing spa and delicious Greek cuisine.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY VILLA
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Athens International Airport, and catch a connecting flight to Milos National Airport. Alternatively, take a longer ferry (4 - 7 hours depending on the boat and route) from Athens' Piraeus Port.
- There's plenty to see if you're keen to explore Milos independently! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Expect hot summers, with temperatures reaching around 30°C between June and August, which is also peak season. For fewer crowds and cooler weather travel in April, May or late September, when you can also find great hotel deals. The island is particularly striking in the spring, which is our Gurus' favourite time to visit.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay on neighbouring Sifnos.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in the Cyclades.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Milos
Best Hotels in Milos
Niki Savvas Suites milos, Milos 8 rooms from £52Families - Self catering makes this a fuss free family staySailing - Perfect stopping point for a sailing trip around the Greek isles.Fishing - Take a deep sea fishing trip out from Pollonia harbour.Local markets - Take on the bustling market places of Pollonia.
Lovely hotel with stunning sea views. Built in the gorgeous Cycladic style. Niki Savvas Suites provides simple yet comfortable accommodation with private balconies for lounging. Combining excellent location with low cost it's the perfect value stay on the charming Greek isle of Milos. See More
Kapetan Tasos Suites Pollonia, Cyclades 13 rooms from £74Local exploring - Ten minutes walk from Pollonia beachSailing - Perfect stop off point for a sailing trip around the Aegean sea.Sights nearby - Catacoumbs of Milos are four miles away.Local markets - Explore the local markets of Pollonia.
Fashioned in the Cycladic style, Kapetan Tasos Suites offer modern, stylish accomodation in the seaside village of Pollonia. Rooms are whitewashed and comfortable with verandas that offer beautiful coastal views. A great value hotel that offers the key to unlocking the stunning island of Milos. See More
Salt Suites Milos 10 rooms from £95Hideaway - With discreet room service responding to your every whim with a basket left at your door, this hotel is a great hideoutRomantic Break - Book a suite with a terrace overlooking the sea for a romantic getaway with an extra special touchBeach Life - Sitting right on the seafront in Milos, this hotel makes a perfect choice for a beach getawayDiving - Explore the beautiful underwater landscapes off the coast of Milos on a dive; enquire at the hotel for recommended schools
This luxury hotel is located on the seafront in Milos. Rooms are named after beaches on the island and have traditional, whitewashed interiors with contemporary touches; the best suite offers a private hot tub and terrace with spectacular sea views. Order dinner to your room; a chic beach getaway. See More
Melian Boutique Hotel & Spa Milos 15 rooms from £139Total relaxation - An utterly indulgent coastal retreat boasting a glorious spa, fresh healthy cuisine and total tranquility.Great walks - Head out for an early morning stroll along the coast and discover the beauties of this rugged landscape!Sights nearby - Visit the staggering underground complex of Catacombs.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
A chic traditional property with epic sea views. Cleanly designed rooms feature delicate cast iron beds, floating white drapes and white washed walls. Tranquil terraces are the perfect spot to curl up with a book. Dine on creative Greek cuisine in the restaurant. Just steps from the beach - bliss! See More