- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Book Online Now
Search the best hotels in Skopelos
Green and handsome, Skopelos is to the west of Skiáthos and is to the east of Alonissos. With impressive cliffs on one side of the island and sheltered bays on the other, it's got a wonderfully varied landscape. Skopelos is large, peaceful and arguably more beautiful than the other Sporades Islands. If this picture in words isn’t clear enough you could always check out the film Mama Mia! which was filmed here. Several of the best places to stay on Skopelos can be found in Skopelos Town, which is the main port as well as being the larger centre.
Things not to miss:
- Visit the Vakratsa Mansion Museum housed in a beautiful 18th century villa. It's exhibits range from the weird to the wonderful and certainly won't bore any visitor.
- Another museum that is worth a look is the Folklore museum in Skopelos. It will give you a fascinating insight into the town's heritage and history.
- Skopeos has a number of lovely beaches that are perfect for relaxing on the sand such as Paralia Limnonari.
- Explore the beautiful surrounding sea by boat or go snorkelling around the local coves.
Awash with charm and character, the locals place a great emphasis on hospitality, so the best places to stay in Skopelos are always delightful fares.
The best places to stay in Skopelos
- The Adrina Resort is a stunning, five-star, yet affordable, resort with 38 rooms and a seaside location. The decor is plush, there’s an atmospheric beach restaurant, a deluxe spa and a huge garden.
For lovely views
- The Skopelos Village Hotel is in a prime, waterfront spot just a short distance from the centre of Skopelos Village. Its 48 chic rooms and apartments are unfussy and some have wonderful views. Friendly, charming and reasonably priced, this is a perfect spot for a relaxing shot break - it’s great for families too.
For a private apartment or villa
- Explore the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- There is no airport on Skopelos, you’ll have to catch the ferry onto the island from Volos or Agios Konstantinos.
- For car hire, visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to visit is between May and October but be wary that the high season is in July and August.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay on Skopelos for you?
Best Hotels in Skopelos
Adrina Resort 38 rooms from £132Skopelos
A stunning five-star resort that makes the most of it's sublime seaside location. Singularly focused on providing luxury and relaxation, the hotel offers plush rooms, an atmospheric beachfront restaurant, a deluxe spa and 17,000 metres squared of garden. A coastal wonder.Romantic Break - The beautiful seaside setting and pampering luxury suites make it the perfect intimate getaway for two.Great walks - Wake up early and head off along the beautiful walking routes that litter the surrounding coastline.Sights nearby - Nine miles from both Skiathos Castle and Papadiamantis' House.Kids Club - Fully staffed.
Skopelos Village Hotel 48 rooms from £130Skopelos
Skopelos Village Hotel enjoys a waterfront location just a short distance from the centre of town. Unfussy chic apartment style accommodation, offering wonderful views. Relax with a drink while the kids enjoy the playground! A friendly and charming stay.Weddings - Enjoy a beautiful reception by the sea and let the hotel's experienced team cater for the rest of your needs-a splendid choiceTotal relaxation - Forget about your worries- spend your days on the beach, followed by a massage and a sunset meal for twoSights nearby - The beautiful hilltop Venetian castle is a must see as well as the remains of the Roman baths in LoutrakiGreat walks - Wander along the beaches of Skopelos to fully appreciate your tranquil surroundings