- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Skyros
Green, rolling Skyros is the largest island in the Sporades group, known for its birdlife, its beautiful, rocky coast and for its wild horses: Achilles was said to have ridden one into Troy. Greek mythology aside the island today is popular with the alternative arts and health and wellness crowd. During the summer the island’s population more than doubles, but it’s a large enough island to accommodate and it doesn’t feel too crowded.
Things not to miss:
- Skyros is home to a couple of interesting museums such as the Archaeological Museum of Skyros and the Faltaits Folklore Museum.
- Fans of the war poets can go and visit the grave of Rupert Brooke, who died on a ship moored off the island in 1915. Brooke left an indelible mark on war poetry with the poem 'The Soldier'.
- Skyros is best explored by boat. Hire a boat for the day and explore the beautiful coves, bays and beaches around the island.
The car-free main town, or chora, on Skyros is also called Skyros, and it’s not a port as you might expect, but a beautifully quaint hilltop town with quaint streets and an exciting marketplace. Skyros is definitely one of the best places to stay in Skyros if you’re here to see the whole island and not just relax on the beach.
The best places to stay in Skyros
For Modern Chic
- The 32 room Nefeli Hotel has a chic, modern aesthetic, which is slightly at odds with its sleepy, historic surrounds in the hilltop town of Skyros, but makes for a comfortable, stylish stay. There’s a great poolside restaurant and a children’s pool.
For an apartment or villa
- Explore the options available with our online partner, Booking.com.
- Skyros has its own airport that is serviced by domestic flights.
- For car hire, visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- There’s a daily ferry during summer in between the Sporades Islands.
- The best time to visit Skyros is from May to September when the temperature sits comfortably in the twenties.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay on Skyros for you?
Best Hotels in Skyros
Nefeli Hotel 32 rooms from £93Skyros
A hotel with a chic, modern aesthetic that is slightly at odds with it's sleepy, historic surroundings in Skyros. With sleek, comfortable rooms and a delightful poolside restaurant, it's the perfect place to unwind on a trip to the island of Skyros. A great place to stay for a romantic break.Sights nearby - Explore the beautiful, quaint streets of the hilltop town of Skyros.Swimming Pool - Sea water outdoor pool and children's poolLocal markets - Explore the local market of Skyros.Great walks - Go walking in the Skyros hills.