Search the best hotels in Symi
Symi, known to be one of the prettiest ports in Greece is a treat for travellers looking for a holiday of peace and tranquillity. Neo-classical mansions sit on the low hills of this small island town, with mouth-watering seafood restaurants all along the harbour. The laid-back vibe of this island makes it a perfect destination for complete relaxation. Our pick of the best places to stay in Symi offer an environment of comfort, paired with scenic beauty - the right amount to nourish your senses while you explore this postcard island.
Symi has excellent places to eat, drink and enjoy the town’s local flavours. Every part of this little island provides spectacular views of its beaches, mountains and historic castles. We recommend you take a walk down the town's steep steps to visit its traditional villages before heading to the famous Panormitis Monastery. There's plenty more to do and see while you're there.
What not to miss
- Walk along the Yialos, the main Symi harbour, for great places to eat along the pristine waters. You can also hire a boat to nearby explore coves and beaches.
- Visit the historical sites in the Symi mainland. The Katarinettes on the harbour front is where the Germans signed the surrender of the Dodecanese at the end of World War II. Close by, the Symi (nautical) Museum lends insight on age-old naval tradition of the island.
- When in town, take the stony steps leading to the Chorio (which literally translates to ‘village’). The streets of Chorio are lined with beautiful pastel houses (the Symi view from afar). The vibrant Syllogos Square is a hub of town activities, a good place to observe the local culture.
- South of the Yialos is a small fishing village, Pedi Bay. The Pedi coastline accommodates small, untouched beaches, a perfect excursion for a quiet day at the beach with fresh sea food.
- One of the island’s most famous landmarks is the monastery of the Archangel Michael Panormitis on the southwest coast. Built in the early 18th century, it overlooks the bay bearing its name, in beautiful setting that combine mountain and sea. What is more, it is dominated by the imposing built-in-1905 bell tower.
A couple of days here is a perfect getaway from the bustle of the city. Find a delightful sea-front spot from our list of best places to stay in Symi!
Best hotels in Symi
- Just up the hill from the harbour, is the Opera House – gorgeous self-catering apartments with comfortable rooms and a shared garden. Only a couple of minutes away from the harbour and good cafes and restaurants, the hotel is best suited for a mix of beach excursions and sightseeing.
- The Old Markets is beautiful, romantic hotel in the heart of Old Symi. The pastel rooms and private balconies are great for a secluded break with a view of the ocean.
For an apartment or villa
- If you think that you'd rather have your own space, then visit our online partner Booking.com, for a wide range of apartments in the city centre.
- Symi is a short ferry ride away from the Rhodes Airport. You can also reach the Island from Athens, but be prepared for a longer journey.
- The Dodekanisos Seaways and Blue Star Ferries offer frequent ferry rides from Rhodes and Turkey. There are also a number of day-trip boats offering excursions from Rhodes to Symi.
- For a quiet holiday break and to enjoy the secluded beaches, visit Symi in the early summer months from May to July where temperatures range from 23 to 30° C.
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars for the best prices.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Symi
Hotel Kokona Dodecanese, Symi 10 rooms from £52
A chic small hotel situated in a quaint village on the picturesque island of Symi. Uniformly styled rooms are cleanly designed and contemporary with soft hues, designer lights and luxurious bathrooms. Serving indulgent breakfasts and with easy access to the island's many attractions.Value chic - A smartly designed hotel offered at very reasonable rates.Sights nearby - Visit the Monastery of the Archangel Michael Panormitis.Romantic - Good for couples.Traditional
Opera House Symi 29 rooms from £55
Tranquil oasis, simple attractive rooms and apartments, two minutes walk up the hill from the harbour. Relaxed and charming, with views of the village and a small courtyard bar for hanging out. Well positioned and reasonably priced.Families - Peaceful self catering apartments in Symi's lovely centre, with shared garden and plenty of space to run around.Sights nearby - Explore the major Monastery complex at Panormitis.Traditional
Hotel Emporio Symi 6 rooms from £90
Effortlessly elegant, Hotel Emporio is a wondrous place to stay on Symi. The charming rooms are beautifully decorated with traditional Greek artwork and tasteful furnishings. With lovely views out over the Aegean, it's a great place to relax and enjoy the local island culture.Great walks - Go for amazing walks along the surrounding coastline.Fishing - The hotel can organise sea fishing trips for guests.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Full of character
The Old Markets Symi 5 rooms from £213
A gorgeous romantic hotel in the heart of Old Symi. Romantic pastel rooms in creams and light blues. Private balconies and elegant furnishings. Wonderful table d'hote and close to beaches and sights. A great choice for couples.Views - Great views from hotelCity StyleRomantic BreakSights nearby - In the heart of Symi's old townRecommended by - I Escape