Search the best hotels in Adare
A picturesque village in County Limerick, Adare has a long and interesting history. Originally founded by the O'Brien clan in the 12th century, it was once a major trading hub for the region, and today it is a charming spot for a romantic getaway or family holiday. Accommodation options range from simple, self-catering properties to luxury hotels fit for a whole host of tastes and budgets. Our pick of the best places to stay in Adare includes a striking country house hotel, complete with beautiful gardens and an impressive array of activities for guests of all ages.
Adare is steeped in history, and there are many heritage sites to visit in the area. The 12th-century St. Mary's Church is a highlight, as is Adare Manor, the ancestral home of the Earl of Dunraven. The Adare Heritage Centre will give you a fascinating insight into the region’s past, whilst the Adare Heritage Museum focuses on local heritage and culture. The latter is housed in the former train station — built in 1859 — which is now a striking building with a lovely café inside.
Outdoorsy types will adore Adare’s walking trails and cycling routes, or the chance to go horse riding or fishing on Lough Gur. There are also golf courses nearby for keen players, as well as scenic hikes through the spectacular countryside surrounding the village. A particular highlight for families is Adare Adventure Park, which has something for everyone from zip lines to climbing walls and rope swings!
Back in town, you’ll find cosy pubs and eateries catering to all tastes and budgets.
The best places to stay in Adare fill up fast during the summer months — book your trip well ahead if travelling during July or August!
The best places to stay in Adare
For five star luxury
- Consistently named as one of the of the best hotels in Ireland, Adare Manor is a stunning family friendly five star luxury property and the ideal destination for anyone wanting a spoiling getaway. Sumptuous rooms and suites features rich fabrics and chandeliers galore, but for a special treat we recommend booking one of the lavish signature suites. The facilities are second to none with highlights including Michelin starred fine dining, expansive spa, swimming pool, golf course, falconry and fishing.
For a traditional stay
- The Dunraven Arms Hotel has been an Adare institution for centuries (it dates back to the 18th century). Family owned and run, it offers everything you'd hope for in a four star hotel with the added bonus of very personal service and attention to detail. As well as the traditional, but modern feeling rooms and suites there's an award winning restaurant and atmospheric bar.
Just outside town
- Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel & Spa is another family owned and run operation. It's located just out of town, but you'll find everything on site from the smart contemporary rooms to the excellent restaurants and the relaxing Revas Spa. Children and dogs welcome too!
For a holiday cottage
- If you prefer to book self catering accommodation, check out the wide range on offer with our online partner, Booking.com
- Shannon International Airport is your best bet (half an hour away). However you could also fly to Dublin then hop on the bus.
- If you wish to hire a car, which we strongly recommend if you want to get out exploring, please visit our parnter site, Rentalcars.
- The best time to visit Adare is in the warm summer months, though this is also peak season. For fewer crowds and cheaper accommdation, plan your visit for Spring or Autumn.
Still Not Sure?
Best Hotels in Adare
Fitzgerald's Woodlands House Hotel & Spa Adare 94 rooms from £80Spa - Revas spa includes a thermal suite, rasul chamber, outdoor hot tub, 18 treatment rooms, couples rooms and a foot spa!Restaurant - There are two restaurants: formal fine dining in Fieldings and a bistro for more casual meals.Swimming Pool - Leisure centre with 20m heated indoor pool, gym, sauna, steam room and hot tubKids Club - Woodys Fun Club is open on Saturdays and during school holidays
Dunraven Arms Hotel Adare (Blackabbey) 90 rooms from £100Great walks - The surrounding countryside is full of beautiful walking routes.Restaurant - Recommended.SpaRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
Adare Manor Adare 58 rooms from £650Restaurant - The Oakhouse Restaurant for award winning fine dining and the Carriage Restaurant for more relaxed dinners.Spa - Luxury spa offering offer the full spectrum of body treatments, massages and wraps.Swimming Pool - Large 15 metre indoor pool overlooking the River MaigueGreat walks - Wonderful surrounding countryside