Search the best hotels in Aosta Valley
About Aosta Valley
The Aosta Valley is a tiny alpine region that is also the tallest in Europe and home to Mont Blanc, Gran Paradiso and Monte Rosa. Arranged along the dramatic Dora Baltea river with 13 subsidiary river valleys, which have collectively carved out some of the region’s glacial landscape, this is a spectacularand heavily protected area. Our Gurus can’t usually resist a spectacular view, so many of their recommendations for the best places to stay in the Aosta Valley have views nothing less than divine. If the view from your hotel isn’t a huge priority then they also have some great ski chalets, some excellent value guesthouses, small hotels and some luxurious, pampering havens of relaxation on their list.
There is amazing hiking and climbing in the Aosta Valley - especially in the two national parks, the Gran Paradiso National Park and the Mont Avic Natural Park - and several spectacular ski resorts. It may surprise you to hear that there are also some impressive Roman monuments, a number of notable Romanesque churches and several beautiful medieval castles.
Courmayeur is situated just through the Mont Blanc tunnel from Chamonix and is renowned for excellent mountain restaurants and sunny slopes, plus a buzzy town centre.
La Thuile is quieter, which also means less crowded pistes, though not so much if it's apres-ski you're after.
Champoluc is the largest resort in the Monterosa region and boasts a huge range of pistes (it's often referred to as Italy's Three Valleys) and fabulous off piste terrain.
Aosta not only offers world class hiking and skiing, but it also has a charming historic centre, some superb Roman ruins and spectacular views
The Aosta valley is also a wine growing region and the local Gamay is definitely worth a try - it goes down very well sipped in front of a fire after a long day exploring this divine terrain!
What not to miss:
- Visit the grand restored Castello di Fénis (castle).
- Come for hiking holidays with endless trails to be explored.
- Ski in any one of the high altitude resorts boasting excellent snow conditions.
- Wander through the Alpine botanical garden in The Gran Paradiso National Park.
Don't leave it to the last minute if you want to be sure of a bed in one of the best places to stay in the Aosta Valley. These places get very busy both in winter and summer.
The Best Places to Stay in the Aosta Valley
For Spectacular Views
- The Hotel La Granges in Entrèves is very close to Mont Blanc with easy access to the alps. It has 12 simple rooms with antique furnishings and a restaurant specialising in local cuisine.
- The Bellevue Hotel and Spa is just inside the Gran Paradiso National Park and has stunning alpine views, a state of the art spa and a Michelin starred restaurant. The decor is alpine, using a lot of local materials, there’s some lovely panelling and sumptuous copper baths.
- The Hostellerie de Mascognaz in Champoluc is a collection of eight chalet guestrooms converted from barns. They have many nice original features and, of course, now very comfortable with antiques and stylish decor. There is an indoor pool, Turkish bath, indoor golf and a choice of two restaurants. They also offer yoga classes and Ayurvedic massage.
- Locanda La Brenva in Courmayeur is a wonderful alpine property with amazing mountain views and lots of nice features. The food is regional and very good and there is easy access to everything the mountains have to offer.
- The Auberge de la Maison is a chic, sloping roofed chalet in a hamlet just outside Courmayeur with stunning 360 degree views. Its quiet location makes it a great destination for birdwatching.
- Nira Montana in La Thuile is a luxurious 55 room chalet hotel with wonderful decor which gives a very woody, forest effect. Just 400m from the lifts there is a superb spa, sauna, steam baths and indoor pool.
- La Meridiana du Cadran Solaire in Aosta is a great place for an active break come winter or summer. There are 17 alpine-style rooms plus a spa and a restaurant serving traditional cuisine. You are just minutes from the slopes and walking trails.
- The Hotel Jolanda Sport is a rather charming ski hotel with 32 wood panelled rooms with colourful furnishings and beamed ceilings. There is an indoor pool, a spa and sauna, plus an excellent restaurant. It is very family friendly. Plus you're right beside the Punta Jolanda chairlift.
- If you're looking for a traditional ski chalet, one with great fur rugs, exposed beams and giant roaring fires, try Courmayeur’s Au Coeur des Neiges. As well as rooms in a rather large chalet, there are also smaller chalets - so it's like a chalet community. This is perfect for families as the chalets are like home from home. The spa and restaurant both have excellent reputations and you're only two minutes from the cable car.
- Milleluci is a rustic mountain retreat with 31 rooms - some with fireplaces and four-poster beds - plus an excellent spa and pool and a restaurant serving regional cuisine.
- Villa Novecento in Courmayeur is a good choice if you're looking for somewhere with atmosphere. This charming villa looks glamorous from the outside and has a rustic elegance on the inside. Think oil paintings, Baroque decorations, and heavy fabrics in chintzy patterns.
For Best Value
- Maison Colombot is a charming little guest house in the centre of Aosta with six cosy, alpine-feeling rooms with little balconies. There is a lovely terrace and it’s very family friendly. Rooms start from around £45 per night.
- The Albergo Grandes Murailles in Valtournenche is a cosy chalet with 15 rooms and suites. They are decorated with antiques and have exposed beams and fireplaces, but you can still expect all the mod. cons.. There is a hammam and you are right by the lifts. Rooms start from around £70 per night.
For an apartment or chalet
- If you've decided that a self catering property would be more suitable for your holiday, then we recommend you visit our online booking partner Booking.com where they have a wide selection for all tastes and budgets.
- Fly to either Geneva, Milan or Turin. By train, there are services to and from the Turin stations of Porta Nuova and Porta Susa with frequent trains.
- Best time to visit - for hiking travel between July and the first week of September and for skiing prime season is February and March.
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars for the best prices.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in the Aosta Valley.
- Widen your search and look at all our recommendations in neighbouring Alpine destinations Zermatt or Chamonix.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Aosta Valley
Best Hotels in Aosta Valley
Maison Colombot Aosta 6 rooms from £43Value chicLocal markets - Good for local colour.TraditionalSights nearby - Well located for major sights.
Hotel Maison de Neige La Thuile 12 rooms from £56Active Holiday - Ideally placed for skiing, particularly for experienced skiiers and snowboarders.Spa breaks - There is a sauna, Turkish bath and an outdoor hot tub.Views - Great views from hotelRestrictions on children
Albergo Grandes Murailles Valtournenche, Aosta Valley 15 rooms from £71Skiing - 50 metres from a bus stop linking with Cervinia for skiing, heliskiing availableActive Holiday - In perfect position to enjoy mountain sports all year round.Views - Stunning valley views.Swimming Pool - Free admission to the indoor swimming pool of Valtournenche
A traditional cosy chalet in the Aosta Valley. Antique-style furniture in rooms and suites, with all the mod-cons and exposed wooden beams. Hammam, massages and fireplaces to relax next to. Close to ski lifts. A great choice for families or a romantic break in the mountains. See More
Bouton d'Or Courmayeur 35 rooms from £69Skiing - Free shuttle to the Dolonne pisteViews - Beautiful valley views.Value chicActive Holiday
Le Coffret Aosta Valley 6 rooms from £69Skiing - Discover the expansive resort of Pila, only 8km from the property.Active Holiday - The surrounding Alps offer a plethora of outdoor pursuits.Spa breaksRomantic - Good for couples.
Les Neiges d'Antan Cervinia (Breuil-Cervinia) 9 rooms from £69Spa breaks - The spa includes an ice bath, whirlpool tub, Turkish bath, gym, Finnish sauna and a range of massage treatments.Skiing - Cervinia has Italy's longest ski season and offers runs for all abilities.Active Holiday - The surrounding mountains offer a host of outdoor pursuits.Restrictions on children - Adult only.
A traditional Alpine hotel set amid the meadows of the Aosta Valley. Rustic rooms feature antique wooden furniture, parquet flooring and floral bedspreads. There is a restaurant with an extensive wine cellar and an indulgent spa boasting an ice bath, gym, whirlpool tub, sauna and Turkish bath. See More
Hotel Jolanda Sport Gressoney-la-Trinite, Aosta Valley 32 rooms from £71Families - Specialist child ski instructors, indoor pool, large family suites, and spa for the parentsFull of characterTraditionalSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Locanda Collomb La Thuile 8 rooms from £76Active Holiday - Ideally placed for skiing-enthusiasts, a free public shuttle bus to the slopes of La Thuile stops close by.Sights nearby - Mont Blanc is close by, and ski lifts can take you up to its wuthering, breathtaking heights.Views - Great views from hotelOutstanding location
A traditional Alpine hotel in La Thuile offering stylish en-suite rooms with wooden flooring, rustic furnishings and tiled bathrooms. Ideal for skiers, it is just ten minutes from Thuile's slopes. Indulgent breakfasts are served and a sauna offers a welcome respite after a day spent outdoors. See More
Rifugio Lilla La Thuile 8 rooms from 95Active Holiday - Just steps from the ski slopes plus numerous alpine activities to keep everyone busy.Skiing - Wonderfully quiet pistes and access to the La Rosière resort as well as La Thuile.Views - Great views from hotelTraditional
A charming property well situated for easy access to the slopes. Simple rooms with light wooden furniture, soft pastel colours and beamed ceilings give a cosy alpine feel. Indulgent breakfasts served under an impressive vaulted breakfast room. A laid back hotel ideal for families. See More
Hotel La Granges Entrèves, Aosta Valley 12 rooms from £82Active Holiday - The surrounding mountains offer an extensive range of outdoor activities.Views - Great views from hotelTraditional
Hotel Cresta et Duc Courmayeur 42 rooms from £87Skiing - Just 200m from the main cable carValue chicFamiliesActive Holiday
Villa Novecento Courmayeur 26 rooms from £95Skiing - Free shuttle bus to and from the cable carActive HolidayViews - Great views over Mont BlancBirdwatching - Good birding near the hotel.
Les Trompeurs Cogne 6 rooms from £97Active Holiday - Whether you're skiing down Alpine slopes or rafting down the Dora Baltea river, there's plenty to do in the region.Views - Great views from hotelTraditionalBoutique
A cosy Alpine homestead at the foot of the Gran Paradiso National Park. Warm and rustic rooms are decorated with wooden furniture and artworks. Boasting a picturesque garden, large sunny terrace and hearty breakfasts are served in a fire lit dining room. A charming spot to explore the region from. See More
Auberge de la Maison Courmayeur 23 rooms from £103Views - Great views from hotelActive HolidaySkiingBirdwatching - Good birding near the hotel.
La Meridiana du Cadran Solaire Aosta, Aosta Valley 17 rooms from £119Romantic Break - After a day of skiing or walking, enjoy the couples spa, views over the mountains from the balcony, or the cable carsViews - Great views from hotelSights nearby - Well located for major sights.Great walks - Good for walkers.
Locanda la Brenva Courmayeur (Frazione Entreves) 10 rooms from £104Skiing - Just a short walk from the Val Veny cable cars and Mont Blanc cable car for cross-country skiers.Active Holiday - Easy access to numerous alpine activities.Sights nearby - Visit the the bell tower, the church of Notre Dame de la Guerison and the Tower Maquillin within Courmayeur.Romantic - Good for couples.
A charming alpine property boasting lovely mountain views. Characterful rooms are traditional in style with pine furniture, exposed beams and parquet flooring. Superb contemporary regional cuisine is served in the cosy restaurant. Easy access to activities in the surround mountains. Alpine bliss. See More
Milleluci Aosta, Aosta Valley 31 rooms from £136Total relaxation - A really rustic retreat with plenty of mountain air and pampering.Spa breaks - A fully equipped spa and pool ideal for total pampering.Skiing - In the winter.Views - Great views from hotel
A truly rustic style house set in the mountains. Traditional interiors have wooden beams and floors, fireplaces, four poster beds, big bath tubs, and lots of floral fabrics. An excellent spa and swimming pool, traditional cuisine, and plenty of mountain fresh air. Romantic and family friendly. See More
Hotel Da Compagnoni Cervinia (Breuil) 27 rooms from £126Skiing - Located in one of Europe's best ski destinations, Cervinia, which has a wide range of slopes for all abilitiesFamilies - The reasonably priced rooms and easy access to the slopes makes this a good choice for familiesFull of characterTraditional
A charming traditional property in the heart of Cervinia. Cosy rooms feature sink-into beds, pine furniture, and large bathrooms. A small spa, complete with a sauna and hot tub, are a welcome respite after a day spent on the slopes. A laid-back atmosphere in a central location. See More
Hotel Miramonti Cogne 38 rooms from £159Spa breaks - The wellness centre has a hydropool, hot tub, Roman sauna, Finnish sauna, trepidarium and beauty and massage treatments.Fishing - Fish in the waters of Grand Eyvia and Grauson, and the lakes of Lillaz and Aymavilles.Swimming Pool - Indoor poolRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
Stunning boutique spa hotel with panoramic views of Gran Paradiso, offering ornate and elegant rooms with balcony views and luxurious bathrooms. The Roman-inspired spa is near-unrivalled in its industry, with both a Finnish and Roman sauna, tepidarium, hydropool and hot tub amongst other facilities. See More
Au Coeur des Neiges Courmayeur 3 rooms from £174Skiing - 2 min walk to the cable carHills & mountainsFamiliesGroups
Sertorelli Sport Hotel Cervinia (AO) 70 rooms from £191Skiing - Cervinia resort has been voted as one of the best resorts in Europe offering wide and varied slopes set over two valleysSpa breaks - Come for the Wellness Centre complete with hot tub, sauna, and Turkish bathFull of characterRomantic - Good for couples.
A charming Alpine hotel located just minutes from the nearest ski lift. Traditionally inspired rooms feature plenty of pine, yet the design is simple and contemporary, while the bathrooms are an indulgent affair. Renowned for its excellent spa; the Italian restaurant is also particularly good. See More
Bellevue Hotel & Spa Cogne (Aosta Valley) 38 rooms from £191Back to Nature - The interior of this hotel reflects the natural beauty of the surrounding nature for you to explore.Sights nearby - A picturesque walk leads to the Lillaz waterfalls which are the most spectacular in the region.Great walks - The Cogne Valley offers numerous walking opportunities including winter Nordic walking.Fishing - Grand Eyvia, Grauson and Urtier have excellent fishing lakes and rivers.Recommended by - Relais & Chateaux
Located in the Gran Paradiso National Park this seemingly traditional chalet exceeds expectations. Enjoying stunning views, state of the art spa and home to a michelin starred restaurant. Rooms utilise local materials with lots of exposed wood, traditional Alpine decor and sumptuous copper baths. See More
QC Terme Monte Bianco Courmayeur (Pre'-saint-didier) 57 rooms from £268Honeymoons - Come rejuvenate yourselves at the hotel surrounded by beautiful landscapes and therapies available on site.Total relaxation - Stunning scenery, a hot tub, access to the best slopes and an inviting spa promise pure bliss.Views - Great views from hotelFull of character
Hostellerie de Mascognaz Champoluc 8 rooms from £279Local exploring - A trekking paradise with dozens of stunning routes to lakes, waterfalls and glaciers nearby, and enjoy the wellness centre afterGreat walks - Extensive walking routes around Mascognaz area - a nature guide can accompany youViews - Great views from hotelSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Charming mountain hotel focusing on wellness and nature. Individual chalet guestrooms in converted barns have original features and antiques. Indoor pool, Turkish bath, yoga classes, Ayurvedic massages. Indoor golf and two cosy restaurants. Bring walking boots, the hiking tours are outstanding. See More
Nira Montana La Thuile 55 rooms from £282Skiing - 160km of pistes to explore in the Mont Blanc region. Just 400m from the cable carSpa - Superb spa with treatment rooms, indoor swimming pool, sauna, steam bath, vitarium and Terre & Aqua.Great walks - Wonderful walking and hiking when the snows have melted.Swimming Pool - Indoor pool
Nira Montana is a luxurious hybrid of tradition and modernity. At first glance, just another village building, but inside, its flooring follows the shapes of trees, and there are forest-themed walls with chrome and leather armchairs. A top notch property for either skiers or summer outdoorsy types. See More
Saint Hubertus Resort Cervinia (Breuil-Cervinia) 18 rooms from £312Spa breaks - Wellness centre includes an indoor pool, hot tub, Turkish Bath, sauna, hydromassage pool, facial treatments and massages.Active Holiday - Very close to ski lifts and the hotel plans heliski rides to the top of untouched mountains.Swimming Pool - Heated indoor pool.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.
Mont Blanc Hotel Village Courmayeur (La Salle) 40 rooms from £338Romantic Break - Come enjoy the good weather, spectacular views and appreciable service at this hotel with your loved one.Local exploring - The hotel is in a convenient location close by to the most important ski resorts.Families - Large rooms for families and several outdoor activities to keep the kids busy!Sights nearby - Located in the Valle d'Aosta with Roman monuments, castles and rural architecture to explore.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
Situated in La Salle, at the foot of Mont Blanc, built in traditional stone and wood, the rooms offer wonderful views of the surrounding mountains. Local produce from its own garden is used in the restaurant. Fireplaces, a heated pool, a hot tub and an inviting spa all add to the charm. See More
Hotel Bucaneve Cervinia 66 rooms from £361Active Holiday - A luxurious and cosy base to hike, ski, or bike fromSpa - Wellness centre with pool, hot tub, Sauna World and treatment roomsSwimming Pool - Heated indoor poolRomantic - Good for couples.
A charming four-star property located right in the heart of Cervinia. Traditional interiors see pine-clad walls, wooden furniture, roaring fires, and antiques. However, the amenities are contemporary with indulgent bathrooms and a spoiling wellness centre. A cosy Alpine stay. See More
Hotel Hermitage Cervinia (Breuil-Cervinia) 38 rooms from £398Skiing - Boasting one of the largest ski areas in the Alps, the slopes allow all day skiing without ever repeating the same slope.Spa breaks - The spa includes a hammam, hot tub, sauna, gym and a range of massage treatments on offer.Swimming Pool - Heated indoor pool.Views - Great views from hotel
Campzero Active & Luxury Resort Champoluc 30 rooms from £416Active Holiday - Ski outside the resort and inside use the rock climbing wall and ice wall. Being active is the name of the game here!Swimming Pool - 25 metre indoor poolSecluded setting - For escaping.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Tablet
A contemporary wood-clad resort set beside the Monterosa ski resort. Designed for the actively-inclined; an indoor rock climbing wall dominates the lobby and there's an ice wall during the winter. In the evenings guests can unwind in the spa before sipping on a cocktail in the trendy bar. See More
Principe delle Nevi Cervinia 32 rooms from £685Skiing - Cervinia is one of Europe's best ski destinations with slopes for all abilities and the property is ski-in ski-outSpa breaks - The Balinese spa is an indulgent way to end a day on the slopesSwimming Pool - Outdoor and indoor poolsPrivate Hot Tub - In the spa suites
A hot contender for Cervinia's finest contemporary hotel. A selection of suites and rooms are spacious and stylish and boast spectacular views from the picture windows. Pick a SPA suite for an in-room hot tub. Meanwhile downstairs there is a fully-fledged spa, gourmet restaurant, and apres-ski! See More