The Hotel Guru is pretty upscale but fun to look at. Marcie Ellers.
Search the best hotels in Cesenatico
Set in the heart of the Adriatic Riviera, or Riviera Romagnola, the beachfront town of Cesenatico is much loved by Italian families. Cesenatico's main claim to fame is its canal and shipping port designed by Leonardo da Vinci. Once a base for Adriatic trade, now shops, bars and restaurants nestle among the historic buildings along the water. Adored by Italians and tourists alike, you'll need to book early if you want to experience the best places to stay in Cesenatico.
What not to miss:
- Do like the Italians and take the evening stroll, the passeggiata, as the sun sets over the brightly painted boats and their evening lights sparkle in the dusk.
- The Museo della Marineria is a must-see for deeper insights into the traditions of Porto Canale, with a beautiful display of old fishing and trading boats - entry is very reasonably priced .
- Sun lovers have a choice of free beaches or the better equipped Bagnos with umbrellas, play areas, volleyball or even a pool with a water slide. The soft sandy beaches slope down gently to the water and breakwaters just off shore protect young swimmers from the waves.
- Teens too cool for the beach will surely thrill to the Kamikaze Waterslide at the Atlantica Waterpark, where all age groups can enjoy pools, wave machines and slides.
- Inland from Cesenatico you enter a world of traditional Italy: quiet villages, olive groves, rivers, the nature park of the River Po Delta and ancient hilltop towns like the beautiful Sogliano al Rubicone with world renowned culinary traditions.
The best places to stay in Cesenatico put you in easy reach of lively beach resorts, superb local food and wine and the peaceful timeless landscapes of Emilia-Romagna. Use our guide and start to plan your visit.
The best places to stay in Cesenatico
For a romantic getaway
- CasaDodici overlooks the Leonardo da Vinci Canal and has just five lovely rooms. The beach is nearby and there are free bikes to explore further afield.
For a luxury spa break
- Design Hotel Waldorf offers extensive wellness facilities including a countercurrent swimming pool, beauty treatments and relaxation areas. The hotel is right on the beach, just along the coast from Cesenatico, and some of the rooms have a superb sea view.
For countryside and cuisine
- Locanda Antiche Macine is about a half hour drive inland from Cesenatico and well placed for exploring the old towns and villages and their unique food and wine traditions. There are active outdoor experiences - biking, riding, tennis. Homemade food is served with authentic regional wines, and you can book creative cuisine courses led by the chef.
For an apartment or villa
- Sometimes if you're travelling in a group or with extended family, the best option is self catering. For a wide range of properties, we'd recommend a visit to our online partner, Booking.com.
- Nearest Airport - Rimini Airport is 30km. Or you could fly to Bologna (80km away)
- Cesenatico is easily accessible by train too. It is on the main Ravenna/Rimini line.
Best time to visit - the driest and warmest months to visit are June, July and August when average temperatures peak at a high of around 25 degrees celcius.
- If you're looking to hire a car, we recommend visiting our online partner Rentalcar
Still not sure?
Browse our full list of the best places to stay in Cesenatico.
- Expand your search to include all our recommendations in Emilia Romagna.
- Or contact a friendly guru for advice.
Best Hotels in Cesenatico
CasaDodici Cesenatico 5 rooms from £77
Overlooking the Leonardo da Vinci Canal, CasaDodici B&B features smart, individually decorated rooms with fantastic views. Quiet, intimate, chic and with the beach nearby-perfect for a romantic getaway. A wonderful continental breakfast is included in the rate. A great, well-priced stay.Romantic Break - Elegant rooms, long walks on the beach and fantastic meals at the restaurant-perfect for a romantic trip away!Value chic - A great value stay for such a stylish hotelSailing - Get in touch with the Daniel's Ship Sailing School for either tourist cruises or lessonsDiving - Explore the depths of the ocean with the Diving Club Paguro Sub