- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Book Online Now
Search the best hotels in Cortina
Cortina d'Ampezzo is like Sophia Loren - gorgeous, glamorous and peaky. Icy, beautiful and framed by the magnificent alps, this ski resort is more about the fashionable aprés-ski than the skiing.
If you're in love with Cortina and don't need convincing go direct to our guru's list of the best places to stay in Cortina. If not here are some of her charms to convince you to visit.
With her vast nursery slopes and long cruising runs, Cortina is an excellent ski resort for beginners. Cortina is known for having a relaxed attitude to skiing, but restaurants and bars are taken very seriously.
Over the last decade the lift system has been upgraded, so skiers looking for more of a challenge are now easily linked with the rest of the Dolomiti Superski area.
Out of season the boutiques and many of the restaurants remain open, and the beautiful architecture - dominated by the green and white bell tower and the grand 19th Century mansions - looks even more striking against green. Out of season Cortina's scenery is just as spectacular as in the snow. The skiing is replaced by walking, golfing, fishing, climbing and numerous other pursuits. The town still bustles with people and in summer the campsites are all full, so there's still a fun atmosphere.
What not to miss:
- Ski or snowboard down Cortina's long slopes and explore the Dolomiti Superski area.
- During the summer months explore the scenic mountain bike trails.
- Find glorious hiking routes with something for all abilities.
- Find your balance on the ice skating rink.
With so much going on, many of the best places to stay in Cortina are snapped up early so plan ahead for your trip to this lovely area.
For mountain chic
- Lagacio Mountain Residence has 24 apartments which are perfectly styled in modern woody-fur chic. They've taken ski lodge essentials and then modernised them, creating a comfortable but uber cool setting.
- Boasting an award winning restaurant and spa Hotel Ancora is a sophisticated and elegant choice.
For spa breaks
- Find top of the range spa and beauty treatments in the sumptuous Faloria Mountain Spa Resort.
For golf lovers
As well as offering a free shuttle to the slopes in season, the Cristallo Hotel Spa and Golf also offers a free shuttle to the golf club out of season. The views are spectacular. This is Cortina's original luxury hotel and the old fashioned opulence really adds to the feeling of being pampered in the state of the art spa.
- The fully refurbished grand dame, Grand Hotel Savoia, offers all the luxury trappings you'd expect plus state of the art spa, kids club, and gourmet food.
The family run,Rosa Alpina, houses a fabulous two star Michelin restaurant. A real treat after a day in the mountains.
For an apartment or chalet
If you've decided that a self catering property would be more suitable for your holiday, then we recommend you visit our online booking partner, booking.com where they have a wide selection for all tastes and budgets.
- Fly to either Venice's main airport, Marco Polo, or Treviso, or Bolzano in Italy. Or you can fly to Innsbruck, Austria.
- There is a train to Pieve Di Cadore some 35km from Cortina that comes direct from Venice.
- Best time to visit - Cortina is a year-round destination however skiers will be interested in the ski season, which runs from December to April.
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars for the best prices.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Cortina
Hotel Ancora 49 rooms from £97Cortina d'Ampezzo
A stunning residence cum hotel with an award-winning restaurant and spa. Traditional elegance and classical opulence throughout the rooms, suites and living areas. Spectacular views from terraces and private balconies over Cortina and towards the Dolomites. A sophisticated hotel for a ski holiday.Foodies - Award winning restaurant.SkiingActive HolidayRomantic Break
Faloria Mountain Spa Resort from £103Cortina
A sumptuous chalet in the Dolomites. Luxurious rooms and suites (some sleep 4) have enormous beds, attractive furnishings, all the mod cons, and private balconies. Top of the range spa and beauty treatments, and fabulous Mediterranean cuisine. A special spot for all year round mountaineering.Active Holiday - Biking, climbing, trekking on Dolomiti Alta Via, skiing, or just spending a romantic break relaxing in the spa.Hills & mountains - Set in the UNESCO heritage site of the Dolomites.Skiing - In the winter.Views - Great views from hotel
Lagacio Mountain Residence 24 rooms from £158Cortina (San Cassiano)
24 sleek, elegantly styled apartments with hotel extras including shuttle bus to the slopes, spa on site and full concierge service. Ideal for families.Skiing - Free shuttle bus to and from the slopes at Alta BadiaSwimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolSpaFishing - Excellent fishing nearby.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet
Grand Hotel Savoia 130 rooms from £197Cortina d'Ampezzo
Fully refurbished grand dame now offering all the luxury trappings you'd expect plus state of the art spa, kids club, and gourmet food. Central location, just 100m from the pedestrianised shopping area and 5 mins to the Faloria cable car.SkiingSwimming Pool - Indoor PoolKids Club - Fully staffed.SpaRecommended by - Tablet
Cristallo Hotel Spa & Golf 73 rooms from £215Cortina d'Ampezzo
Cortina's original luxury hotel. Soak up the stunning views, pamper yourself in the "Ultimate Spa" and enjoy apres-ski cocktails in the bar. Elevated position just five minutes walk from the centre of town or take advantage of the free shuttle!Golf - Free shuttle service to the Cortina Golf Club.SkiingViews - Great views over the Dolomites.Swimming Pool - Indoor PoolRecommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Rosa Alpina 51 rooms from £237Cortina (San Cassiano)
Family owned by the Pizzininis for the last seventy years the Rosa Alpina impresses on many fronts. Great service, two Michelin starred dining, dedicated children's activities, luxury spa and ski concierge for all your needs on and off the piste.Restaurant - Two Michelin starred Restaurant St HubertusGymSkiingViews - Panoramic views of the DolomitesRecommended by - Tablet, Relais & Chateaux